Ways to increase cortisol?

YoungBodyBuil

Banned
Awards
Odd question but i feel as though im experiencing low cortisol symptoms and im looking to increase it, getting bloods done soon for post PCT just need to test methods on myself and see if it is infact low cortisol, experimenting for now!

georgetown

Awards
  • Established
I dont think thats safe or a good idea, if you are healthy your body should naturally balance out. If anything maybe stims and "overtraining" would probably be the safest

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Odd question but i feel as though im experiencing low cortisol symptoms and im looking to increase it, getting bloods done soon for post PCT just need to test methods on myself and see if it is infact low cortisol, experimenting for now!
Low? In that case, perhaps avoiding those products that further lower it would be your first point of consideration.

Secondly, dont self medicate. If you say "I think I have" before you describe a medical condition, get yourself diagnosed first. You shouldn't be deliberately trying to increase cortisol unless you have been directly told to by your physician.

YoungBodyBuil

Banned
Awards
Low? In that case, perhaps avoiding those products that further lower it would be your first point of consideration.

Secondly, dont self medicate. If you say "I think I have" before you describe a medical condition, get yourself diagnosed first. You shouldn't be deliberately trying to increase cortisol unless you have been directly told to by your physician.
I agree i said i have PCT bloods incoming so just waiting on those for time being!

YoungBodyBuil

Banned
Awards
I dont think thats safe or a good idea, if you are healthy your body should naturally balance out. If anything maybe stims and "overtraining" would probably be the safest
Thank you, i am overtraining so may just keep at it, this has been the roughest PCT for me IDK why if anything ive bought MORE than ever to balance everything.

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
Firstly, to measure cortisol in blood reliably you want both total cortisol and CBG, kind of like total test and SHBG for bioavailable testosterone. The 'free' tests are only useful for T4 and T3 in the realm of most typical blood testing and monitoring. Total cortisol will likely not mirror the cortisol-related symptoms one is experiencing. Salivary cortisol testing, however, would.

Secondly, it is up to you and your doctor how to proceed with increasing cortisol. What has worked for others is MLM pregnenolone pills, made by Nutricology; pregnenolone cream, usually DIY or from a compounding pharmacy; and progesterone cream, widely available OTC for aging women (and men).

Lastly, for any of the above to work, thyroid should be working well. The enzyme conversions pregnenolone > progesterone > cortisol are regulated by T4 and T3 and the conversion from T4 to T3 itself requires cortisol. Also, you can't really "shut yourself down" with pregnenolone as at worst you can end up with high cortisol and hate the infinite energy and great mood it provides even with low testosterone. You can top off your pregnenolone/cortisol unlike your testosterone that gets shut down as soon as anything binding the androgen receptor is introduced. You can have A natural cortisol and add B exogenously and be left with A+B.

HellAtlantic

HellAtlantic

Awards
  • Established
You wanna increase your cortisol? Easy. Get married, a mortgage and have multiple kids.

Reactions: mw1
Hockeyaus33

Hockeyaus33

Awards
  • Established
I could lend you some of mind. I have plenty

Alex281

Alex281

Awards
  • Established
Plenty great ways,from going to the hood to base jumping