Olympus Labs LJ100 Log

J

JYD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Today is day two. Starting slow and taking 1 cap first thing in the morning. 5/2. Will see how we do and may bump up to 2 caps. I had some sleep issues on Testruction, so I want to start slow. My sleep last night was pretty amazing.

I am hoping to do bloodwork next week, but may not get to that. Will just see how it goes with or without bloods. Mainly taking for slight libido boost and competitive edge.

Day 1
Yesterday my temper was pretty short; I usually can have a short fuse to begin with, so I want to keep this in check.

Anyone have recommendations on a good cortisol blocker that I could stack with this?

Cheers!

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ashwagandha goes well with tongkat ali IMO. It can reduce cortisol, as well as reduce stress/anxiety, and can even improve strength/endurance/body composition.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
SNS Reduce XT is perfect for cortisol control: it is a forum favorite and has been used by many on this forum!

And fwiw, I am on the Danes protocol: I went all the way up to 800 mg of LJ100. However, I found my sweet spots to be around 400-600mg. Also, I take it ED with great results! Increase energy, sense of well being, and increased libido.

LJ100 is a great product! Olympus Labs kickoxer7 NewAgeMayan

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Also, OP, while tongkat can make some people a bit short, it's likely not due to increased cortisol, as tongkat has been shown to reduce cortisol in stressed subjects. Nothing wrong with some healthy cortisol control to stack onto it though. :)

M

muree

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Also, OP, while tongkat can make some people a bit short, it's likely not due to increased cortisol, as tongkat has been shown to reduce cortisol in stressed subjects. Nothing wrong with some healthy cortisol control to stack onto it though. :)
ditto.. LJ100 by itself reduces cortisol

J

JYD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ashwagandha goes well with tongkat ali IMO. It can reduce cortisol, as well as reduce stress/anxiety, and can even improve strength/endurance/body composition.
Cool. Do you have a product in mind for Ashwagandha? Thanks!

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Cool. Do you have a product in mind for Ashwagandha? Thanks!
KSM-66 is a solid extract standardized for 5% withanolides. Jarrow has 300mg caps at a very good price. 300mg 2x daily of a 5% withanolide extract is a solid dose with studies showing many benefits.

As for products that have Ashwagandha, AlphaMax XT contains a full 600mg/day of 5% Ashwagandha, plus a solid 300mg of 2% tongkat ali extract and other nice ingredients (Forskolin, ferulic acid, etc).

smith_69

smith_69

Awards

muscleupcrohn just curious never us ash, but what dose with LJ would be good?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
muscleupcrohn just curious never us ash, but what dose with LJ would be good?
I personally take 300mg of KSM-66 twice daily when I take Ashwagandha, but sometimes I just take 600mg once daily. It doesn't really make me tired, but it does for some people, and splitting the dose may make people less tired. IMO, just getting the full daily dose of ash is the most important thing. The lowest dose I'd take would be 9mg/day withanolides, so the lowest split dose I'd take would be 4.5mg 2x daily. Ideally I like to get 30mg withanolides per day, or 15mg 2x daily.

J

JYD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for the input, guys.

Day 2 - 1 cap
Felt down yesterday on Day 2; a bit off, sluggish, but I doubt that was from the LJ100. It was a non-workout day, too. My job kinda sucks at the moment, so that isn't helping. Plus, I fapped twice the night before on Day 1; libido was high then, ha! But libido was not as high yesterday on day 2. Slept really well. My sleep seems deeper the last two nights.

I've had some weird experiences with LJ100 100:1 before where it felt like my libido went down after a few days, but the product had other stuff in it, so who knows. That's why I want to try OL LJ100; to see what solely LJ100 can do without any additives that may cause negative sides for me.

WAF

WAF

Awards
Today is day two. Starting slow and taking 1 cap first thing in the morning. 5/2. Will see how we do and may bump up to 2 caps. I had some sleep issues on Testruction, so I want to start slow. My sleep last night was pretty amazing.

I am hoping to do bloodwork next week, but may not get to that. Will just see how it goes with or without bloods. Mainly taking for slight libido boost and competitive edge.

Day 1
Yesterday my temper was pretty short; I usually can have a short fuse to begin with, so I want to keep this in check.

Anyone have recommendations on a good cortisol blocker that I could stack with this?

Cheers!
LJ100 at 1 cap ed will not put you into rage mode. 400-600 works the best for me better on the 600 side. LJ100 has the extra benefit of decreasing cortisol I would suggest up the dose instead of picking other products up. If still not happy then pick up some Ashwagandha as muscleupcrohn stated, solid compound.

TrainerTone

TrainerTone

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Following along

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Day 1

Cheers!
Good luck with this run and please let us know if you have any questions :)

J

JYD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
LJ100 at 1 cap ed will not put you into rage mode. 400-600 works the best for me better on the 600 side. LJ100 has the extra benefit of decreasing cortisol I would suggest up the dose instead of picking other products up. If still not happy then pick up some Ashwagandha as muscleupcrohn stated, solid compound.
Cheers, guys. ...I have had sleep issues on some LJ/TKA products in the past, so I'm weary of taking too much, so I want to slowly ramp up and see how I go. Today is Day 3, and I took 2 caps this morning and felt great during my early morning workout.

J

JYD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 3
Took two caps Day 3 morning, preworkout. Felt great all day. Did have that familiar, but only slight, difficulty, getting to sleep. I was tired, but the mind wasn't shutting off. This has happened to me on several occasions when taking TKA/LJ. I will push through and continue with two caps for now and hope it's just an adjustment period. I slept fine and it was a deep sleep. A little groggy this morning on Day 4, but it should pass.

D

dukes3577

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Been dosing 800mg Ed for two months now, for sleep I take 750 mg ksm-66 and 1500 mg gaba and its lights out. Wake ready to go as well not all groggy.

N

NewAgeMayan

Awards
Been dosing 800mg Ed
Damn, gonna have to try that myself next run.

We (OL) have an insider coming up end of April, gonna be huge. I got a good feeling our LJ100 will be majorly discounted for it ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

;)

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
Subb'd

I'll throw in my 2 cents. Most studies use 100-200mg or so per day. Everyone reacts differently to LJ, so I suggest starting on the lower end and ramping it up over time as needed. The lowest effective dose is always the best dose imo.

That said, I've only ever gone up to 300mg and it works wonders for me there. Others have had great success at 400mg+. As for cortisol, I don't see much need for other supps than LJ100. But if its a concern, Ash (which was already mentioned), and Arimistane (El1minate) would be a good option.

El1minate will have an almost immediate and noticeable drying out effect though, and can be tough on joints for some. It is best dosed 2x daily due to the half life.

J

JYD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Been dosing 800mg Ed for two months now, for sleep I take 750 mg ksm-66 and 1500 mg gaba and its lights out. Wake ready to go as well not all groggy.
Cheers, Dukes3577. When do you take the KSM-66? I've tried Ashwaghanda a while back and vaguely recall it make me very tired for like 2 hours, then went away. But It was during the workday and seriously impacted my ability to get anything done: ha!

J

JYD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 4
Was last Saturday over the weekend. Took 2.5, felt pretty good. Was a bit tried from crappy sleep the night before.

I took Sunday and Monday off. My thinking is to do Tuesday - Saturday, and still trying to determine between 1-3. Is there ANY way possible this could negatively lower libido? On Day 3, I feel like I took a dip, but I'm also working a lot, atm.

When should you really feel it kick in?

I also read that libido increases even more the 2 days you stop; any experiences with this?

For an extra boost, I thought to add in 5g of maca.

Cheers!

D

dukes3577

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What's up JYD, I take the ksm-66 b4 bed tried earlier but made me way to relaxed.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 4
Was last Saturday over the weekend. Took 2.5, felt pretty good. Was a bit tried from crappy sleep the night before.

I took Sunday and Monday off. My thinking is to do Tuesday - Saturday, and still trying to determine between 1-3. Is there ANY way possible this could negatively lower libido? On Day 3, I feel like I took a dip, but I'm also working a lot, atm.

When should you really feel it kick in?

I also read that libido increases even more the 2 days you stop; any experiences with this?

For an extra boost, I thought to add in 5g of maca.

Cheers!
It may vary from person to person.
Honestly, the best effect is seen after 4 weeks or.more.
My friend who is 53 felt not so much first weeks but after 4-5 weeks he began to get more energy, better libido, acne on chest,back +++. And it got better and better.
While some feel those effects even after first week. But effect will definitely be better lets say after 4 weeks than just after 1 week.

J

JYD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 8

Will probably stop the 1 Reduce XT am/1 Ammo pm. I have IBS and when introduced these over the weekend, I flared up. I know they're great products, but don't think they jive with my system. I've used Ammo before and had similar symptoms; great product, definitely works, but I'm one of the unlucky ones. Took two LJ100's this morning and ate before I worked out. Did not notice upset stomach on the LJ100's last week. Will see how the rest of the day goes.

N

NewAgeMayan

Awards
How high do you think you will try dosing the LJ100 JYD

J

JYD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How high do you think you will try dosing the LJ100 JYD
I'm going to see how 2 caps goes. So far, this is my 6th day taking the caps, but 8th day since I started last week. So, one week in. So far, don't feel much of a difference, but will stick with two caps. I'm 39, 5;11" and 180. Two's a good start, but I have no idea where my test levels are at. My Free's always been a bit higher than my total. My E2 always on the lower end of things. I'm taking for a slight boost overall, but to get huge or be the world's sperm donor.

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
I'm going to see how 2 caps goes. So far, this is my 6th day taking the caps, but 8th day since I started last week. So, once week in. So far, don't feel much of a difference, but will stick with two caps. I'm 39, 5;11" and 180. Two's a good start, but I have no idea where my test levels are at. My Free's always been a bit higher than my total. My E2 always on the lower end of things.
I'd stay with 2 caps for 14 days or so and then re-adjust from there if needed.

J

JYD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'd stay with 2 caps for 14 days or so and then re-adjust from there if needed.
Yup, agree. Here's my review of Day 8 below...

Good day overall, except for the runs, that I don't believe were brought on by LJ100. Had a really good workout and was more intense. The one issue I am having is the sleep thing. It's taking me longer and I'm feeling more restless at night. This is a side effect I am sensitive to with LJ/TKA as I've experienced it before. My sleep is decent, but I'm not waking up 100% refreshed. I think that's because after an hour of not being asleep, I take a very small amount of Unisom and that helps. BUT, I don't want to take that crap nightly to sleep. Will see how we go tonight.

J

JYD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
have u tried melatonin (3-5 mg) at night?
Ha! Timely question...I've been taking melatonin almost nightly, except for weekends for about TEN YEARS! I decided last week that I will have to taper and look at a different solution. On any kind of test booster I've tried in the past, I'm one of those that gets the hot flashes or warm at night just before and right when I get in bed. It's harder for me to "shut off" on boosters.

So with the melatonin, it's still harder for me to shut down while on TKA/LJ.

I'm going to give l-tryptophan and/or awshwaghanda a shot. I don't want to be dependent on anything for sleep and I definitely became psychologically dependent on melatonin.

M

muree

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
a lot of it could be habitual too. do you workout in the evenings with preworkout stims? I know LJ affects everyone differently but if u require melatonin to sleep even before using LJ then a better place to look at would be sleep habits. for me that included no video games past 7 pm, no UFC, no stims..basically nothing exciting past 7 pm.

J

JYD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
a lot of it could be habitual too. do you workout in the evenings with preworkout stims? I know LJ affects everyone differently but if u require melatonin to sleep even before using LJ then a better place to look at would be sleep habits. for me that included no video games past 7 pm, no UFC, no stims..basically nothing exciting past 7 pm.
Thanks, brother. Yes, my habits could be better, but I tend to get up early for 7am workouts. I don't workout past noon ever. I only take 100mg of caffeine preworkout, and I'm already high energy without stims: lucky me! So overall, I'm good there. I have said I need to ride this out and shut down the lights and start reading at 9pm. I usually am on my ipad until 10pm, reading, so that's not helping, I'm sure.

I did get off melatonin about two months ago and I successfully fell asleep without for two weeks, so it's possible. BUT, my main concern is harming my natural production.

Took two LJ100 today, so will see how my sleep goes. I'll do as you suggest and turn in earlier, read, and hopefully fall asleep easier. Will probably still need a supplement to help.

M

muree

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
ipad/computer/phone screens are nasty for sleep. theres an app called fluxx that you can install in your ipad to reduce the blue light and the app kinda dims the brightness of the screen based on your time/location. That can help a bit but the best option is a book that contains material not too exciting for you (history textbooks :))

J

JYD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 9
Yesterday was Day 9 and I started the day off pretty sluggish. Took my 2 caps of OL100 with my breakfast and was sluggish until I got in the gym. It was my push day; didn't feel like I'd get much pushing done. As soon as I took my 100mg of caffeine, it was on. Had a really good workout and I was definitely more aggressive. The rest of the day I was on fire; feeling pretty restless and wanting to run laps around the building naked. Was still difficult to fall asleep, but when I did, I slept great and woke up feeling really good today.

I woke up this morning with that "body heat" feeling, which is what I feel at night when I try to sleep. No problem overall, as long as I slept well, which I did.

Oh, don't know if this makes any difference, but I haven't released the boys in 7 days, and last night I did feel a slight "blue ball" ache in that area.

J

JYD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 10
Yesterday was Day 10. About the same as before; was slightly slow from not so great sleep, but once I got going, things were fine. Two LJ100 caps. Was an off day in the gym. Libido increasing slightly, again felt a tinge of blue balls; haven't released in 8 days, but will need to soon: ha! Sleep last night was still the same; I can't seem to get to sleep without a sleep aid.

J

JYD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 11
Horny as fack. That's all I can really say. I think I was backed up 9 days, had to release last night and it was ridiculous. Niagra Falls. I somewhat regretted it after, because I have a date tonight, but whatever.

Today is Day 12 and I took 2 preworkout; had a killer workout. I had way more intensity than usual. ...For some reason, I took a third when I got home from the gym...I guess to try 300 mg. No noticeable effect other than I kind of hit a wall this afternoon and was sort of "tired" and blah. ...Maybe 2 is the sweet spot for me. I have my date tonight, so hopefully, I'll pep up a bit later.

Cheers.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 11
Horny as fack. That's all I can really say. I think I was backed up 9 days, had to release last night and it was ridiculous. Niagra Falls. I somewhat regretted it after, because I have a date tonight, but whatever.

Today is Day 12 and I took 2 preworkout; had a killer workout. I had way more intensity than usual. ...For some reason, I took a third when I got home from the gym...I guess to try 300 mg. No noticeable effect other than I kind of hit a wall this afternoon and was sort of "tired" and blah. ...Maybe 2 is the sweet spot for me. I have my date tonight, so hopefully, I'll pep up a bit later.

Cheers.
Have you tried to take 200mg in the morning ?

J

JYD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Have you tried to take 200mg in the morning ?
Yessir. That's how I dose normally. Why do you ask? Curious. You know all about this.

I think I'll stick with 200mg in the morning, but I'm thinking of going down to 100mg altogether, because of the sleep issues.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yessir. That's how I dose normally. Why do you ask? Curious. You know all about this.

I think I'll stick with 200mg in the morning, but I'm thinking of going down to 100mg altogether, because of the sleep issues.
The reason I asked is due to your sleep issues. Since it may give excess energy, people with sleep issues may suffer even more

J

JYD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ah, yes...duh, I wasn't thinking. Yup, first thing in the morning, but I've always had some issues falling asleep. Lately through, I've had to stay up a bit later, and playing in my iPad isn't helping, so I've shut that down.

Still not sure why I'm a bit fatigued at the moment. I don't think the 3rd capsule has anything to do with it.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ah, yes...duh, I wasn't thinking. Yup, first thing in the morning, but I've always had some issues falling asleep. Lately through, I've had to stay up a bit later, and playing in my iPad isn't helping, so I've shut that down.

Still not sure why I'm a bit fatigued at the moment. I don't think the 3rd capsule has anything to do with it.
It can be many reasons for your fatigue. How is your sleep quality?

J

JYD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It can be many reasons for your fatigue. How is your sleep quality?
I'm coming out of the fatigue as I type this; not sure that that was, but I took a lot of supps today, so who knows.

...Sleep needs to be better. I'm taking the entire month of May to reset my body and brain. I'm deleting unhelpful habits before bed and following a prep program by my friend who peps bodybuilders. Taking on a transformation challenge.

Will run the LJ100 at 1-2 caps per day and just have it for a slight boost.

J

JYD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 12

Awesome workout with 2 caps in the morning. I decided to take a third cap and did not feel much of a change. I took off Sunday and Monday (today), and will start my third week tomorrow with two caps in the morning. If I still have trouble getting to sleep, I may just take it down to 1 cap for the remainder of the bottle.

J

JYD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 14
This was yesterday, Monday, a no capsules day. Felt awful, but I got very little sleep on Saturday night, and powered through on Sunday. Either way, had zero libido and just depressed.

Took two this morning, Day 15, and things have been slightly improved, but still a bit "down". It's my job. Last week I was a walking hornball. ...I did have quite a bit of sex on Saturday/Sunday with my date, so I shot quite a few loads. TMI, but FYI.

J

JYD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 15
Two caps. Felt fine. Had a decent workout in the gym. Still a little sluggish from the weekend. Nothing dramatic to report. Libido wasn't high, wasn't low.

Day 16
Wednesday, May 4th. Sleep the night before was bad, because the fire alarm in my lofts went off and was hard to get back to sleep. I seem to be one of those that cannot get that "deep sleep" effect from LJ/TKA. Today was an off day in the gym. Overall mood was fine; seemed to be a bit up and down, but this week is pretty stressful at work.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Day 15
Two caps. Felt fine. Had a decent workout in the gym. Still a little sluggish from the weekend. Nothing dramatic to report. Libido wasn't high, wasn't low.

Day 16
Wednesday, May 4th. Sleep the night before was bad, because the fire alarm in my lofts went off and was hard to get back to sleep. I seem to be one of those that cannot get that "deep sleep" effect from LJ/TKA. Today was an off day in the gym. Overall mood was fine; seemed to be a bit up and down, but this week is pretty stressful at work.
The feeling of not getting deep sleep while on TA may be due to that stress at your work

J

JYD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The feeling of not getting deep sleep while on TA may be due to that stress at your work
Yup. Been on the run all week. I'm going to take today off the LJ100 and start again tomorrow with only 1 capsule. Maybe 1 is enough for me. I'll see how I go from there.

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
Yup. Been on the run all week. I'm going to take today off the LJ100 and start again tomorrow with only 1 capsule. Maybe 1 is enough for me. I'll see how I go from there.
Interested to see how things turn out man. Hope that sleep issue resolves man. Nothing worse than feeling drained from not getting enough rest.

J

JYD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Interested to see how things turn out man. Hope that sleep issue resolves man. Nothing worse than feeling drained from not getting enough rest.
Thank you!!

Day17
Didn't take anything on Thursday, May 5th (may it be with you). Wanted to 'reset' in a way and see how much the LJ100 was causing the sleep issues. Sleep last night was improved for sure. I also realize that the 1/4 to 1/2 of Unisom for the last few weeks was leaving me drained and slightly depressed/decreased mood, so I'm not going to use Unisom again. Although I only slept 6 hours last night, I slept well enough and I felt AMAZING compared to how I was waking up the last few days, after taking the Unisom.

Today is Day 18, May 6th, and I woke up, took one capsule of LJ100 and was just rocking along all morning in the gym. Not super intense like my workouts were getting from 2 caps, but good enough. I'm going to see how I go with 1 cap of LJ100 and may bump it up to two again, once I get a better handle on my pre-sleep habits.

Cheers!

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
when I took LJ years ago, I did 5 on 2 off. This seemed to help and felt great the whole time. Sucked when I was done with the bottle and the company I purchased it from no longer sold it. Long list of end arounds to find so I moved on from it. have you thought about going on and off it?