Sleep aids

believer

believer

Awards
  • Established
I'm currently using anesthetized by BSL. Could someone recommend another effective sleep aid? I would like to alternate between several, if I could. Thank you.

MMAguy

MMAguy

Awards
L-Dopa extract. Cheap and very underrated. Great for sleep and overall sense of well-being. Could possibly boost GH as well.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm currently using anesthetized by BSL. Could someone recommend another effective sleep aid? I would like to alternate between several, if I could. Thank you.
How often do you use them? Just from your brief post, it seems like you may rely on them.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
IML's Dream n Grow is good option. I've been using that or awhile and I like it.

believer

believer

Awards
  • Established
L-Dopa extract. Cheap and very underrated. Great for sleep and overall sense of well-being. Could possibly boost GH as well.
Is there a standard dose or is it something I would play around with?

believer

believer

Awards
  • Established
How often do you use them? Just from your brief post, it seems like you may rely on them.
Actually, I just started taking any sort of sleep aid this week. I have not been sleeping for the last four months or so due to life stressors.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Actually, I just started taking any sort of sleep aid this week. I have not been sleeping for the last four months or so due to life stressors.
start off small- 100 then gradually increase- people go up to 800-1000 a day. but others like MMAguy go to 2000, which imo is a lot. But that is me. He may need that and you could be good with 400. low dose, gauge and then increase

SuppGuy

SuppGuy

Awards
Did you first try Melatonin or tryptophan?

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
ZMA and Ashwagandha for general use. Revivarant G when you really need it.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Also, L-dopa and GABA are good

MMAguy

MMAguy

Awards
Yes, gaba is good to. You can probably get a script for Gabapentin from your dr. Say you have anxiety but don't want to go the benzo route.
;)

believer

believer

Awards
  • Established
start off small- 100 then gradually increase- people go up to 800-1000 a day. but others like MMAguy go to 2000, which imo is a lot. But that is me. He may need that and you could be good with 400. low dose, gauge and then increase
You're referring to L-dopa?

believer

believer

Awards
  • Established
Did you first try Melatonin or tryptophan?
Neither. Just started with anesthetized. I was thinking of picking up melatonin but I wanted to ask this question first.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
You're referring to L-dopa?
yes and you can build up a tolerance which will require more of it. im not saying its bad or good, that is for you to decide. i however dont use it. friends i know do.

MMAguy

MMAguy

Awards
yes and you can build up a tolerance which will require more of it. im not saying its bad or good, that is for you to decide. i however dont use it. friends i know do.
It is a precursor to dopamine so don't go taking crazy amounts right off the gate. I've worked my way up over years. As smith_69 said its best to start on the lower end of the spectrum and gradually work up if needed.

JG93

JG93

Awards
Yes, gaba is good to. You can probably get a script for Gabapentin from your dr. Say you have anxiety but don't want to go the benzo route.
;)
GABA is addictive, I watched a buddy withdrawal off 800 gaba a day.
I don't recommend it

MMAguy

MMAguy

Awards
GABA is addictive, I watched a buddy withdrawal off 800 gaba a day.
I don't recommend it
Actually it's not known to cause withdrawals. (Of course it's possible depends on a person's genes). I had a script and started out 300mg/day and eventually got up to a 1800mg dosage . 600mg x 3 times a day. No withdrawals. That's why they give it to folks sourcing for scheduled substances. It's great for alcohol withdrawals and hard drug use but IMO it's the best way to go if you don't want to use an addictive pharmaceutical such as benzos.

JG93

JG93

Awards
Actually it's not known to cause withdrawals. I had a script and started out 300mg/day and eventually got up to a 1800mg dosage . 600mg x 3 times a day. No withdrawals. That's why they give it to folks sourcing for scheduled substances. It's great for alcohol withdrawals and hard drug use but IMO it's the best way to go if you don't want to use an addictive pharmaceutical such as benzos.
Yea he was 800 x3 I believe.
He for sure withdrew, I don't know a whole lot about it, just that he did in fact withdrawal.

I myself need a sleep aid, just worried it will keep me from waking up in the morning

MMAguy

MMAguy

Awards
He for sure withdrew, I don't know a whole lot about it, just that he did in fact withdrawal.

I myself need a sleep aid, just worried it will keep me from waking up in the morning
I'm talking pharmaceutical prescription grade. Not herbal gaba. Thought I should make that clear for people reading this with no idea lol

JG93

JG93

Awards
I'm talking pharmaceutical prescription grade. Not herbal gaba. Thought I should make that clear for people reading this with no idea lol
Yea his was pharma as well, by his doc.

What's a good sleep aid that will help insomnia but not bother your waking up?

smith_69

smith_69

Awards

warm milk

lol

raul87

raul87

Awards
  • Established
IML's Dream n Grow is good option. I've been using that or awhile and I like it.
That looks pretty good I have a quick question though. Will it knock me out to the point I won't hear my alarm? When I work day shifts I average very little sleep and when I wake up I'm just dead and it takes a bit to get up. I'm afraid a sleep aid might just knock me out and not let me get up for work I wake up at 330am

JG93

JG93

Awards
That looks pretty good I have a quick question though. Will it knock me out to the point I won't hear my alarm? When I work day shifts I average very little sleep and when I wake up I'm just dead and it takes a bit to get up. I'm afraid a sleep aid might just knock me out and not let me get up for work I wake up at 330am
Me too.
That's why I haven't used them yet

Garyboy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
In that case, go to your doctor and get a prescription sleeping pill like Zoplicone. I feel for you, as I have been there. Once you get over this hurdle you're dealing with, slowly get off of it. Good luck.

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
I have used a few sleep aids in my day but nothing has come close to REM 8.0 for me. I dont take it everyday so dependency on phenibut isnt an issue for me. I dont need a full scoop either to get a good nights sleep. Usually I dose at around 1/4 to 1/2 scoop. Ive been using the same 50 serving tub for at least 4 months now.

believer

believer

Awards
  • Established
ZMA and Ashwagandha for general use. Registrant G when you really need it.
Thank you. I am familiar with the ZMA and Ashwhaganda. I used it probably 20 years ago when I had another extremely high stress job and would not sleep. I dosed it during the day to mellow out and then at night it would give me crazy vivid dreams. The only downside was I built up a tolerance and had to keep upping the dose. I may end up going back to it. I'll have to look up the other one but thank you.

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
ZMA and Ashwagandha for general use. Registrant G when you really need it.
I think you mean Revivarant G by APS Nutrition?

believer

believer

Awards
  • Established
I have used a few sleep aids in my day but nothing has come close to REM 8.0 for me. I dont take it everyday so dependency on phenibut isnt an issue for me. I dont need a full scoop either to get a good nights sleep. Usually I dose at around 1/4 to 1/2 scoop. Ive been using the same 50 serving tub for at least 4 months now.
So many good recommendations.
This one looks solid. I've used phenibut in the past with much success so I am glad to see it as part of the ingredient profile. Will probably have to give this one a try as well. Thank you.

believer

believer

Awards
  • Established
I was going to say, I couldn't find any results on Google. I thought maybe there was a typo in there somewhere.

Thompson2003

Thompson2003

Awards
10mg of melatonin and 250 mg of magnesium. Cheap and works like a charm

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I get about 6 hours a sleep a night on average and I can still wake up when I take this. I usually don't take it every night though. I'lll just take it when I need it.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

For the above posts, are you two sure you're not talking about Gabapentin? Not sure they even make prescription GABA and if they do, it wouldn't make sense since it's over the counter. That would be like prescription sugar. You can buy it and take as much as you want. Gaba is not addictive and the supposed knock on it is that it doesn't even cross the BBB - so it supposedly doesn't get in your brain at all. But as kisaj said so well - take 2 grams of this and tell me you don't relax.

ZMA and Ashwaghanda definitely help me sleep through the night without waking up - and don't interfere with my sleep pattern at all. GABA is great for deeper sleep and may make me sleep a little longer - maybe 8 full hours without problem, but doesn't keep me from waking up either. Revivarant G, which has phenibut and GABOB can keep me asleep for 10 hours, but I can wake up no problem in as few as six - if I take a full dose 6-8 hours of sleep leaves me a little dizzy for an hour after I wake up. It is harder to get up with Rev. G. It is strong.

Revivarant G is the same for me - I take 1/3 - 1/2 scoop unless I just want to sleep a long time (like on a Friday night into Saturday morning after a hard week)

Thank you. I am familiar with the ZMA and Ashwhaganda. I used it probably 20 years ago when I had another extremely high stress job and would not sleep. I dosed it during the day to mellow out and then at night it would give me crazy vivid dreams. The only downside was I built up a tolerance and had to keep upping the dose. I may end up going back to it. I'll have to look up the other one but thank you.
You won't build up a tolerance to ZMA and upping the dose will make it less effective. It isn't a magical sleep aid - it is effective but weak.

Before going prescription I would do ZMA, Ashwagandha and GABA. Start at 500 mg GABA and work up to 5 grams - you will find a dose that gives you awesome sleep. For me I got to 2 grams and slept great, increased all the way up to 10 grams and found that 2 grams was the best so I stick to that.

Yes, sorry - autocorrect. I also didn't mean L-Dopamine, I meant L-Dopa as others had suggested.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Also, no one ever asked - but I'm assuming the Anesthetized is working for you?

You should know that REM 8.0, Revivarant G and Anesthetized all have Phenibut in them - so they are addictive. Don't use them every night.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm going to go a different route with this one. I would try and get the stress under control first. If stress is disrupting sleep or any facet of your daily routine, I would try to get a healthy handle on it. Try to find something to help you de-stress, maybe something like a journal you write in daily, drinking a cup of tea, going for a walk or even a coloring book.

Once you get a handle on that, I would look into KSM-66. This will also help with your stress and anxiety, but there is no guarantee if your stress is very high, this will alleviate it enough.

Sleep aids/HGH boosters do have their place, but I would get a hold of what is stressing me out first.

JG93

JG93

Awards
For the above posts, are you two sure you're not talking about Gabapentin? Not sure they even make prescription GABA and if they do, it wouldn't make sense since it's over the counter. That would be like prescription sugar. You can buy it and take as much as you want. Gaba is not addictive and the supposed knock on it is that it doesn't even cross the BBB - so it supposedly doesn't get in your brain at all. But as kisaj said so well - take 2 grams of this and tell me you don't relax.

ZMA and Ashwaghanda definitely help me sleep through the night without waking up - and don't interfere with my sleep pattern at all. GABA is great for deeper sleep and may make me sleep a little longer - maybe 8 full hours without problem, but doesn't keep me from waking up either. Revivarant G, which has phenibut and GABOB can keep me asleep for 10 hours, but I can wake up no problem in as few as six - if I take a full dose 6-8 hours of sleep leaves me a little dizzy for an hour after I wake up. It is harder to get up with Rev. G. It is strong.

Revivarant G is the same for me - I take 1/3 - 1/2 scoop unless I just want to sleep a long time (like on a Friday night into Saturday morning after a hard week)

You won't build up a tolerance to ZMA and upping the dose will make it less effective. It isn't a magical sleep aid - it is effective but weak.

Before going prescription I would do ZMA, Ashwagandha and GABA. Start at 500 mg GABA and work up to 5 grams - you will find a dose that gives you awesome sleep. For me I got to 2 grams and slept great, increased all the way up to 10 grams and found that 2 grams was the best so I stick to that.

Yes, sorry - autocorrect. I also didn't mean L-Dopamine, I meant L-Dopa as others had suggested.

Yes I'm talking about gabapentin.
Isn't that the same thing lol!?

rhoadx

Awards
  • Established
I'm going to go a different route with this one. I would try and get the stress under control first. If stress is disrupting sleep or any facet of your daily routine, I would try to get a healthy handle on it. Try to find something to help you de-stress, maybe something like a journal you write in daily, drinking a cup of tea, going for a walk or even a coloring book.

Once you get a handle on that, I would look into KSM-66. This will also help with your stress and anxiety, but there is no guarantee if your stress is very high, this will alleviate it enough.

Sleep aids/HGH boosters do have their place, but I would get a hold of what is stressing me out first.
This is spot on. Getting your stress under control by lifestyle change trumps all. It sounds dumb but keeping a log of things you are grateful for and feel blessed to have will do a lot to de stress you and relieve anxiety. Also do agree with the KSM-66, it truly does live up to the hype

saywutrly

saywutrly

Awards
  • Established
I didn't see it mentioned, but I always stack a low dose of melatonin and 5-HTP. For me, that's 3mg and 100mg respectively. The body uses the 5-HTP to make both serotonin and melatonin, so I find that it extends the effects of the melatonin to allow sleep for 6-8 good hours in my own anecdotes. Everyone else has covered in excellent detail all the other OTC sleep products of which I am aware.

If this is solely a temporary event causing the sleeplessness, and depending on your country, you could also try a low dose of etizolam. This is a thiopene analog of benzodiazepenes, but is sold online as a supplement to/in many countries where it is not scheduled/prescribed. BUT this is NOT for chronic sleeplessness. It is ADDICTIVE. This would only be for temporary life events where you'd use it for a short time and only on nights when your chosen natty sleep protocol doesn't do the job. Personally, I can vouch for both it's effectiveness when respected and it's propensity to cause dependence and general darkness when disrespected. IF you understand the risks and all else fails, start at 1/4mg (yes, get out your Exacto knife--that's a quarter of a pill) and titrate only if it is not effective at all. I only provide this information on it because I suffer from anxiety-induced insomnia and I know firsthand how horrible it is to go days without sleeping no matter how hard or what you try.

Last edited:
believer

believer

Awards
  • Established
Also, no one ever asked - but I'm assuming the Anesthetized is working for you?

You should know that REM 8.0, Revivarant G and Anesthetized all have Phenibut in them - so they are addictive. Don't use them every night.
Yes, anesthetized seems to be working well.. The label says not to take it every night so that's why I was hoping to find alternatives.

believer

believer

Awards
  • Established

I appreciate the suggestions and agree completely. If this were a permanent situation, I would do as you say but it should be less than another month at the most and that's why am looking for a temporary fix.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yes I'm talking about gabapentin.
Isn't that the same thing lol!?
Gabapentin

Gabapentin2DACS.svg.png

Gaba

230px-Gamma-Aminobuttersäure_-_gamma-aminobutyric_acid.svg.png

They are different molecules. Gabapentin is for neurotic pain and seizures, etc and does seem to cross the BBB.

Gaba is the neurotransmitter itself and doesn't supposedly get past the BBB.

Common mistake - and I made a simar mistake I'm this thread before I edited my post when I said l-dopamine and meant l-dopa

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I use Out Cold daily.. Does an awesome job getting me to sleep but an even better job keeping me asleep which is an issue as I work night shift and typically am sleeping during the afternoon when all the kids are out playing and I can hear them. When I work my 3 days, I usually get 5 hours of sleep as my shifts are 12 hours. It really helps my 5 hours feel like closer to 7 since I never wake on out cold.

Valerian root and l-theanine work great when I can't sleep because my mind is racing. These are cheap additions. Can never go wrong with benedryl either.

sparks2012

sparks2012

Awards
Could've already been mentioned, Anesthesized by BSL works wonders for keeping me asleep. Falling asleep, eh, not so much. GABA powder (like 500 servings or something like that, cheap on BB.com) helps too.

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
I am also a fan of REM 8.0. I have also used Reviverant G and can only handle less then 1/4 of a scoop. I also like G-8 by Finaflex. My first pick is REM 8.0

zv3

zv3

Awards
Best one I ever used was IForce Lights-out. Out cold for 6-7hours or so then I jumped up ready to hit the iron. I have literally used every sleep supp on the forum here and cycle them. They all give different types of sleep of various hours for me. Lights out if hard, fast and to the point when I have to get up early and want to be knocked out for about 7 hours or so. Arnold Iron Dreams is ok, on the lighter side to lull me to sleep. Use Sleep2gro and its a lighter sleep supp also.

JG93

JG93

Awards
Gabapentin

View attachment 133927

Gaba

View attachment 133928

They are different molecules. Gabapentin is for neurotic pain and seizures, etc and does seem to cross the BBB.

Gaba is the neurotransmitter itself and doesn't supposedly get past the BBB.

Common mistake - and I made a simar mistake I'm this thread before I edited my post when I said l-dopamine and meant l-dopa

Thank you for the clarification!

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
I would go with Relora at night and also KSM-66.

I enjoy adding in SNS ZMA as I don't get enough magnesium in my diet and this pairs well :)

Enjoy!!

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Best one I ever used was IForce Lights-out.
Just so you no, we have changed the name to Out Cold. Exact same, Identical formula, just a name change!!!! Love this stuff!