3-beta-hydroxy-5-alpha-androst-1-en-17-one VS. 1 androstene-3b-ol 17-one

Mister E

Mister E

Awards
Alright guys I have been doing alot of research and some companies fly 1 androstene-3b-ol 17-one under the 1-andro flag while others fly 3-beta-hydroxy-5-alpha-androst-1-en-17-one as 1-andro. What are the differences and similarities?

Last edited:
N

niclas90

Awards
  • Established
You have been doing a lot of research, but don't know the difference? Please don't do hormones without any knowledge about them.
3-hydroxy-5alpha-androst-1-en-17-one is 1-DHEA, while 1-Androstene-3b-ol,17-one is a metabolite of DHEA also known as 1-Andro. First one goes through a two-step conversion making it very weak compared to 1-Andro.

PS: You're in the wrong part of the forum.

Mister E

Mister E

Awards
Sorry about posting in the wrong section of the forum. (Can a mod redirect this to the correct section please)

Thanks for chiming in, I see why my post was misunderstood.

I understand the longer synthesis process that 3-hydroxy-5alpha-androst-1-en-17-one as opposed to that of 1-Androstene-3b-ol,17-one.

I however do not understand the entirety of the differences nor the similarities between the two compounds. From my understanding I have gathered that 1-Androstene-3b-ol,17-one is the more potent of the two however, I have not actually seen why it is more potent besides the theory of the bio-absorption being higher. I would suspect that the new delivery system's but out by some companies are dealing with this issue.

Additionally, I am curious as to the effectiveness of the two when compared side to side.

I am new to this forum but far from new to supplements such as these. I came here to tap the wealth of knowledge and spark conversation. Also, I was hoping to pick brains of those that have used these particular compounds. I apologize if that didn't come across well in my original post.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Sorry about posting in the wrong section of the forum. (Can a mod redirect this to the correct section please)

Thanks for chiming in, I see why my post was misunderstood.

I understand the longer synthesis process that 3-hydroxy-5alpha-androst-1-en-17-one as opposed to that of 1-Androstene-3b-ol,17-one.

I however do not understand the entirety of the differences nor the similarities between the two compounds. From my understanding I have gathered that 1-Androstene-3b-ol,17-one is the more potent of the two however, I have not actually seen why it is more potent besides the theory of the bio-absorption being higher. I would suspect that the new delivery system's but out by some companies are dealing with this issue.

Additionally, I am curious as to the effectiveness of the two when compared side to side.

I am new to this forum but far from new to supplements such as these. I came here to tap the wealth of knowledge and spark conversation. Also, I was hoping to pick brains of those that have used these particular compounds. I apologize if that didn't come across well in my original post.

Maybe yo
1-andro

The conversion process