Pre workout

buntznastyfit

Awards
I'm a powerlifter and I was just curious what pre workout you guys like to take when you're gonna be lifting heavy? Looking to try something new that will get me amped up

Robert5891

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Loads of good options available options if you're interested in higher stim pre workouts:

APS Mesomorph
iForce Max Out
Conqu3r Unleashed
White Rapids
Triple X
God of War/Rage

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
For performance, pump, focus and energy: Conqu3r Unleashed (stim)

For performance, pump, focus (non stim): CU stim free

For energy and focus (high stim): Mesomorph

For powerlifting I feel like Tr1umph + CU stim would be a killer combo tbh.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I would recommend Hypermax XT. It provides It has a great profile that will give you clean energy, solid pump, and intense focus. Hypermax XT contains Eria Jarensis extract, which is a newer stimulant being used in some preworkout supplements that will deliver a powerful focus and allow you to feel that "in the zone" mindset to help with your heavy lifting.

ForceOfNature

Awards
For performance and pump:
USP Labs max reps
Hemavo2
High volume

High stim:
Mesomorph
Metabolic Nutrition E.S.P
Cannibal ferox amped

All around:
CU unleashed
Purus labs condense
Modern pre
Pre kaged/pre jym (these a very similar to each other)

Cleanest and best for focus:
HyperMax xt
Nitramine
MuscleTech Anarchy (Canadian version)

Now I obviously haven't tried all these. I'm judging based off of my experiences, ingredient profiles and other's reviews on the products. Hope that helped!

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
For performance and pump:
USP Labs max reps
Hemavo2
High volume

High stim:
Mesomorph
Metabolic Nutrition E.S.P
Cannibal ferox amped

All around:
CU unleashed
Purus labs condense
Modern pre
Pre kaged/pre jym (these a very similar to each other)

Cleanest and best for focus:
HyperMax xt
Nitramine
MuscleTech Anarchy (Canadian version)

Now I obviously haven't tried all these. I'm judging based off of my experiences, ingredient profiles and other's reviews on the products. Hope that helped!
Beautiful list right here.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Check out the Performax Labs IG page, always cool vids of our sponsored athlete powerlifter Brandon Allen putting up crazy lifts.

Can't go wrong with the suggestions above, ForceOfNature listed them out nicely. I use Hypermax XT, I just don't use 2 scoops like I assume Brandon does. I'm a stim sissy now.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
mesomorph by aps or high volume by pes get my vote. Mesomorph rocket Popsicle is where its at!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For my heavy lifting days, I prefer higher stim products and for hypertrophy days, I like more pumped base/non stim products. I would look at HIT Build, Labrada Supercharge and even Modern Pre. HyperMax XT is also a great option. Not only is it a strong stim based supplement, but also provides a good pump as well. The Eria Jarenis extract combined with the caffeine in the product always for clean, long lasting energy without a crash and no jitters. Beta-Phenylethylamine can increase the amount of catecholamines, which will provide a slight euphoric/better sense of well being. That along can translate to a better heavy lifting session.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I'm a powerlifter and I was just curious what pre workout you guys like to take when you're gonna be lifting heavy? Looking to try something new that will get me amped up
Anything with a kick. Mostly stims from my point of view as many other ingredients are best suited for endurance rather than enhancing neurological coordination and simulation.

Some of the listed ones are solid, but if you're inclined to save a bit of money, caffeine tablets, bulk creatine monohydrate and tyrosine work well to kick me up a notch.

SNS sells mono and caffeine pretty damn cheap and gives you the ability to add them to a solid pre workout for that extra kick

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Get Diesel JP8x Hardcore
GSN Nitro Nox

TrainerTone

TrainerTone

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
iForce MaxOut
CL White Rapids
Blue Star PPK
Mesomorph

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Being a powerlifter, I am sure you're not too overly concerned with pumps.

That being said, go with Mesomorph.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Controlled Labs White Rapids. Good amount of caffeine, pump, and ergogenic ingredients in there. It doesn't make my heart race when under a heavy bar like other stims can.

Welcome to the forum!

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Anything with a **** ton of stims probably. I would stay away from pump ingredients though.

Bossmoss94

Bossmoss94

Awards
I've had some powerlifters actually really like B-Nox. Idk if it's because the added Trib & ZMA makes them THINK they're stronger and angrier or if it really does make them stronger & angrier But yeah. Haven't tried it personally yet.

Rob1882

Awards
  • Established
I love high stim pre workouts and tend to go with a blend of stimulants vs just large amounts of caffeine

pre's that would fit this for me

APS Mesomorph V1/V2
iForce Max Out
Centurion God of War RED/Rage
Blackstone Labs Dust V2/Angel Dust

Loads of good options available options if you're interested in higher stim pre workouts:

APS Mesomorph
iForce Max Out
Conqu3r Unleashed
White Rapids
Triple X
God of War/Rage
This is a fantastic list

Picked up some tubs of Rocket Pop Mesomorph but have all but the Triple X on hand and they are all fantastic!

Get ready for a boss a$s list right now:

Non-Stim
Conqu3r Unleashed Stim-Free
High Volume
Ergonine
FocusXT Caffeine-Free

...and feel free to mix these

Low-Stim aka your day-to-days
Coffee
Ergonine + Green Tea
KatanaV4 (beautiful profile that I don't see getting enough love IMO. Simple, Safe & Effective.)
C4 Neuro
FocusXT w/ Caffeine (This also works well with the stim-free options)

Medium-Stim aka use often, but sparingly
Conqu3r Unleashed

High-Stim aka save this beauty for when you really need a kick in the a$s
Mesomorph

.....boom​
I <3 Focus XT that cotton candy much tasty :D

Hopefully Neogenix has it's new Neurosurge out but the Neurosurge OG and versions 2 & 3 had fantastic focus I would put that up against most def worth trying when they bring that out.

Komodo has great products big fan of VasKular

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I have a few favorites but depending what I want changes the effect I desire...

For an all around for standard lifts I like all inclusives- ol conquer unleashed or Mesomorph

For cracked out super stim can't get out of bed days - IFN stimul8

For a purely pump but stim free - pes high volume

Stim free but don't care about pump (a strength day on a stim break) - SNS focus xt caff. Free

Pure strength day (too much caffeine makes my bp go thru the roof on these days with the strain and pump products are a waste) - SNS focus xt

Robert5891

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I love high stim pre workouts and tend to go with a blend of stimulants vs just large amounts of caffeine

pre's that would fit this for me

APS Mesomorph V1/V2
iForce Max Out
Centurion God of War RED/Rage
Blackstone Labs Dust V2/Angel Dust

This is a fantastic list

Picked up some tubs of Rocket Pop Mesomorph but have all but the Triple X on hand and they are all fantastic!

I <3 Focus XT that cotton candy much tasty :D

Hopefully Neogenix has it's new Neurosurge out but the Neurosurge OG and versions 2 & 3 had fantastic focus I would put that up against most def worth trying when they bring that out.

Komodo has great products big fan of VasKular

You'll enjoy Rocket Pop Meso...trust me! Triple X is good, but DMHA is no replacement for DMAA. Although, the mood enhancement effects from DMHA are much more pronounced, for me at least, than with DMAA.

Also, Neurosurge is going away as is Velocity. They are being replaced by a combination fat burner/ pre stim concoction called Velocity Ultra.

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
Interested to try out God of Rage, but like others have said, you should be good with Mesomorph. I took a break from Alphamine and 2 scoops has been hitting me pretty hard lately (I'm very stim tolerant and didn't take a stim break, just an Alphamine break). I'm sure you could get a way with 3 scoops (375mg caffeine, I believe) and see how that feels.