Trans-reservatrol with BCAAS muscle building+ fat loss

harrybrah

harrybrah

Awards
hey guys!

Was wondering about Trans-reservatrol and Bcaas.

I currently take 300mg trans-reservatrol ED for general heart health etc. Along with my multi. Have xtend Bcaas and sip on them throughout my workout.

Was reading up a little more and read that they're conflicting with each other possibly? I might stop taking if it affects my gains and absorption of things. I also read that its great for cutting when combined with HMB. Not exactly sure behind the science, but it sounds interesting nonetheless.

"A cocktail of resveratrol and leucine can help you lose weight faster. Nutritionists at the University of Tennessee write in Nutrition and Metabolism that this combination boosts fat and glucose burning in cells. A combination of resveratrol and HMB works just as well.

"Does Not Go Well With

mTOR activators (like Leucine) for muscle protein synthesis"

read this on Examine.com

johnnyp

johnnyp

Awards
  • Established
Examine is kind of like the wikipedia of supplements, it's a nice collection of information but it can be a bit convoluted. Resveratrol has been shown to hinder adaptations to oxidative stress which isn't great for lifting purposes but has been shown to have benefits in other aspects so weight the pros and the cons to see if it is really worth supplementing with.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Trans-resveratrol MAY be beneficial for health, but in individuals who exercise, human studies show it is detrimental to making adaptations

harrybrah

harrybrah

Awards
Trans-resveratrol MAY be beneficial for health, but in individuals who exercise, human studies show it is detrimental to making adaptations
But ill probably discontinue due to those reasons. I mean the HEALTH would be amazing. But the affects on muscle and preventing gains, no thanks.

I did feel great on Trans-Res although.

mr.cooper69

Legend
Awards
Stick to the human stuff since we have it.

2 human studies to date show detriment, that's the first I've seen that shows benefit. Also relevant is the style of training (aerobic vs anaerobic), diet (resveratrol mimics caloric restriction), timing, and what they measured. Something can reduce oxidation due to working out...but that is NOT beneficial.

I'd stay away personally. It's pricey, doesn't work without significant help from absorption enhancers, and may not even help you (or hurt you).