good effective stimulants

bosskardo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hi,
Anyone have recomendations to use instead of caffeine (to keep my consumption down and get some days off once in a while).
I've used DMAE and rhodia (not a very strong effect, only as support), yohimbine and synephrine (but I'm not willing to take higher doses just in case, usually not mpre than 5 and 10 mg at once), GTE and guarana (but both actually contain caff), hordenine (good with caff but not so much alone), DLPA and NALT (mostly help with mood but a good combination with stimulants). Maybe I missed sth, a little sleepy, my coffee is still to kick in fully.
Taurine and AAKG also help a little when excercising but not much of stimulants.

Also tried theacrine 100mg but that didn't give much kick. Is it too low dose or is it useless stuff.

Also, anyone know good DMAA or similar source for Europeans? Really would like to try. Sth that wouldn't have high shipping fees.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I would read up on N-Phenethylamine, which is found in Eria Jarensis Extract. This is a stimulant that has started to become more popular in preworkout products and thermogenics reently. Some articles I've read compare it to DMAA, and I've found that the focus and mental clarity is up to par with DMAA. I've been using N-Phenethylamine for the past few months preworkout and my workouts have been awesome. There's a few studies and write-ups done on the stimulant, and if you're interested in a product containing N-Phenethylamine I would recommend HyperMax XT and/or OxyMax XT.

Are you looking to use it as a preworkout, or more for a fat loss stimulant?

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Why are you wanting to limit your caffeine? Just curious.

I generally just get in a lot of caffeine lol. I've been using a bit of AMP via one pre-workout and it's been nice; no negative sides like I got from the DMAA (mild prostate issues). But aside from caffeine, citicholine and nootropics/adaptagens are what I generally look at.

Could always check out Focus XT and the new OL El1xir has been getting good reviews (haven't got to try it myself, but plan on it at some point).

Rob1882

Awards
  • Established
Your not going to find many being all that great without caffeine many compounds will amplify the effects of caffeine like Yohimbine, Ephedrine, DMAA, AMP Cit etc etc and I am not sure what the point of this even is as to what your wanting to do?

I personally see very little reason to take stim breaks short of medical reasons/problems etc

+1 for Focus XT stim/stim free it is a great product for mood/focus I would look more into nootropics/nootropic blends

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
I personally feel nothing can touch EC stack. Sure DMAA is some wicked stuff, but thats too hard core for me as I take multiple low dose EC daily since last summer.

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't know why, but I have always preferred L-tyrosine to NALT. You might want to give Alcar a shot as well. I don't think either are classified as stims, but they do have a somewhat stimulating effect on focus.

Rob1882

Awards
  • Established
I personally feel nothing can touch EC stack. Sure DMAA is some wicked stuff, but thats too hard core for me as I take multiple low dose EC daily since last summer.
Ephedrine/Caffeine is fantastic also very inexpensive and agree pretty hard to top it

There is a lot of blends of stimulants that will provide more energy/focus but at a much higher cost. Have mixed 25mg ephedrine with pretty much every pre workout I ever used as well them stim addict feels.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
What are you trying to accomplish with stimulants? Are you tired? I find that I've fallen into the trap in the past that I was tired a lot, so I would hope stimulants would "fix" the problem, but I really needed to focus on getting better sleep.

Having said that - caffeine, ephedrine, dmaa would be the most effective stimulants IMO. NALT or Tyrosine (turns out that Tyrosine may be more effective) and ALCAR as suggested above are not stimulants per se, but I've found them both to be useful. I think ALCAR is very subtle and highly under rated.

Rhodiola and KSM-66 may also be something to use more regularly. Both being adaptogens may help over the long term. These with the Tyrosine/ALCAR may be better long term solutions to help you rely on the caffeine/ephedrine/DMAA only when necessary. They may help with both energy and sleep.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
A good one to research and possibly try would be Theacrine or TeaCrine

From teacrine.com
Based on preclinical and human clinical research, Theacrine (as TeaCrine®) enhances the mind/muscle connection, which facilitates a wide range of healthy functions. Theacrine (as TeaCrine®):

Supports healthy metabolic activity and energy production*
Decreases physical discomfort associated with intense exercise*
Reduces perceived exertion from exercise*
Increases cellular protection through antioxidant activity*
Supports a positive mood and decreased feelings of stress and irritability*
Increases motivation to exercise and accomplish tasks*
Increases neural drive*

bosskardo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would read up on N-Phenethylamine, which is found in Eria Jarensis Extract. This is a stimulant that has started to become more popular in preworkout products and thermogenics reently. Some articles I've read compare it to DMAA, and I've found that the focus and mental clarity is up to par with DMAA. I've been using N-Phenethylamine for the past few months preworkout and my workouts have been awesome. There's a few studies and write-ups done on the stimulant, and if you're interested in a product containing N-Phenethylamine I would recommend HyperMax XT and/or OxyMax XT.

Are you looking to use it as a preworkout, or more for a fat loss stimulant?
More a preworkout.
How different is the N version from regular PEA (as far as I know, that was more of a mood boosting but not a stimulant)?

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Mesomorph has DMAA in it and its one of my fav pwo's. I'd give that a run if I were you.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
More a preworkout.
How different is the N version from regular PEA (as far as I know, that was more of a mood boosting but not a stimulant)?
The N version is essentially a PEA molucule with an N,N’ dialkyl attached to prevent MAO enzymes from attaching to the molecule and removing them from the dopamine receptors. So the 'N' makes the stimulant longer lasting and more powerful than typical PEA. Studies state that it isn't as powerful as DMAA, but its still worth trying to see how it benefits you.

In Hypermax XT, the Eria Jarensis works synergistically with other stimulants to provide a boost in mood, but also a good energy boost and intense focus.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Any particular reason to want to limit caffeine? Its pretty damn cheap, effective long term and doesn't have many negative sides to it other than the ever-increasing-dose lol.

Its hard to find designer stimulants solo, so unless you are willing to replace your pre workout then your best bet is to either combine theanine or theacrine or something similar with a lower dose of caffeine.

bosskardo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Any particular reason to want to limit caffeine? Its pretty damn cheap, effective long term and doesn't have many negative sides to it other than the ever-increasing-dose lol.

Its hard to find designer stimulants solo, so unless you are willing to replace your pre workout then your best bet is to either combine theanine or theacrine or something similar with a lower dose of caffeine.
I'd like to have a day off from caffeine once in a while but without any stimz I just feel unmotivated.

Chefdeez

Chefdeez

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The OP says he wants something OTHER than caffeine and all I see recommended are preworkouts with caffeine by reps. Cmon people. OP try 1.5 grams of tyrosine. If you feel groggy/tired reduce it by 500mg till you find your sweet spot.

Bossmoss94

Bossmoss94

Awards
Look in to an ingredient called Orchilean. I don't know if you can get it by itself anywhere but if you can, it's GREAT. Cleaner alternative to DMAA.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Look in to an ingredient called Orchilean. I don't know if you can get it by itself anywhere but if you can, it's GREAT. Cleaner alternative to DMAA.
I believe Chaos and Pain sells Orchilean by itself? pyrobatt should be able to confirm

bosskardo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Looks interesting but I only found it stacked with caff.

The OP says he wants something OTHER than caffeine and all I see recommended are preworkouts with caffeine by reps. Cmon people. OP try 1.5 grams of tyrosine. If you feel groggy/tired reduce it by 500mg till you find your sweet spot.
That might be good. Not difficult to get either.
Are tyrosine effects different from NALT or similar?

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Another vote for HyperMax XT. The Eria Jarenis extract acts similar to DMAA. It is not as intense, but it offers a longer affect than DMAA. If you wanted AMP, some sites still have HyperMax, the original version, which contained AMP. If needed, PM me.

Chefdeez

Chefdeez

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Another vote for HyperMax XT. The Eria Jarenis extract acts similar to DMAA. It is not as intense, but it offers a longer affect than DMAA. That combined with the caffeine create for a similar experience, but longer lasting and without a crash. If you wanted AMP, some sites still have HyperMax, the original verion, which contained AMP. If needed, PM me.
You need to reread his post before you pimp your product to him. HE DOESN'T WANT CAFFEINE.

Bossmoss94

Bossmoss94

Awards
If you wanna wait a bit, Blackstone Labs should be coming out with their Hype V2 like, any time now lol. They've been testing and perfecting it for the last couple months. Word on the street is: It's going to be pump formula with an added Nootropics profile to it. So good mental focus and pump. Kind of like a non-stim preworkout.

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Very few stimulants are going to work very well at all without any caffeine. Take DMAA, Orchilean, AMP, Tyrosine, NALT without any caffeine, just solo and you really wont feel a whole lot in terms of feeling stimulation, Caffeine is highly synergsitic with these stimulants.

If your looking to take something with no caffeine I would look into other xanthines like theobromine, theophylline, theacrine, things that will act 'similarly' to caffeine but arent.

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I like tyrosine. Intense focus even with the minimal amount bundled in a creatine mix I tried once/twice. What is a safe low dose if using as a standalone preworkout?

georgetown

Awards
  • Established
Tyrosine causes drowsiness? Thought it was a minor stimulant?

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I like tyrosine. Intense focus even with the minimal amount bundled in a creatine mix I tried once/twice. What is a safe low dose if using as a standalone preworkout?
Start with 500mg then try 1 gram. If you still feel the need for more then go up to 1.5 grams. All are safe and adequate doses.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Start with 500mg then try 1 gram. If you still feel the need for more then go up to 1.5 grams. All are safe and adequate doses.
Tyrosine actually tends to be dosed very high in studies, with some using 2g 5x daily (10g total) and others dosing at 100-150mg/kg (6-9g for a 60kg person)

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Tyrosine actually tends to be dosed very high in studies, with some using 2g 5x daily (10g total) and others dosing at 100-150mg/kg (6-9g for a 60kg person)
I get good results from just 1 gram of tyrosine. How do you dose yours?

bosskardo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anyone tried both Tyrosine and NALT and can compare?

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
I believe Chaos and Pain sells Orchilean by itself? pyrobatt should be able to confirm

no.....

NOT YET! MUHAHAHA Soon...

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
saywutrly

saywutrly

Awards
  • Established
I would personally try kicking up the synephrine. I've been using it for the past couple days solo after seeing nice focus, clarity, and mild stimulation while using PES Shift. You can get a big bottle of SNS Syn30, 30mg per cap from NutraPlanet for dirt cheap right now. And no, I'm not a rep for either. Just a good deal of which I took advantage.

bosskardo

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would personally try kicking up the synephrine. I've been using it for the past couple days solo after seeing nice focus, clarity, and mild stimulation while using PES Shift. You can get a big bottle of SNS Syn30, 30mg per cap from NutraPlanet for dirt cheap right now. And no, I'm not a rep for either. Just a good deal of which I took advantage.
Thanks
I actually have synephrine powder. I'll try a higher dose.
The reason I'm cautious about synephrine and yohimbe over 10mg is because both my father and brother have problems with irregular and very high hearth rate and high blood pressure while exercising. I've had no problems but I'm a little afraid that I might have gotten some bad genes too.

saywutrly

saywutrly

Awards
  • Established
Thanks
I actually have synephrine powder. I'll try a higher dose.
The reason I'm cautious about synephrine and yohimbe over 10mg is because both my father and brother have problems with irregular and very high hearth rate and high blood pressure while exercising. I've had no problems but I'm a little afraid that I might have gotten some bad genes too.
One thing I got way back when I used to play around with Chinese research stimulants was a BP monitor. You can grab a digital automatic one for a fair price at a WalMart style retailer or a pharmacy. This is indispensable for someone with your family medical history playing with stims or a lot of the things discussed in different parts of this forum collective.

saywutrly

saywutrly

Awards
  • Established
Looking this up now, not something I have heard of.
I've had energy drinks with it when I still used them and it is GTG. Noticeable difference between the ones without and the ones with it. I think it's also in the OG Mesomorph. Never seen it as a solo compound, though, but a great idea.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Not many people have, but it is a common ingredient in energy drinks. I use it alongside Caffeine and Synephrine :D

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
It's in a handful of things and quite good :)

Cheap, effective.

You could also try finding dicaffeine Malate which is pretty helpful to provide energy but not a giant punch in the face