Tired of the "Placebo" supps... What actually WORKS???

symbianblack

Awards
I'm come to the point that the ONLY supp that work that I've noticed in 80% of the the lifting population is Creatine. I've went thru the forum and most things advertised end up being placebo..... most recently Forskolin........ I've even saw more gains off lean muscle from whole food rather than whey protein (to be honest I've almost completely stopped taking any protein powders).

What works guys?? Lets save money and buy the correct supplements.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
ARA, arachidonic acid / X-Factor, X-Gels

PA, phosphatidic acid, from soy lecithin granules or a supplement like cutlers KING

Follidrone or (-)-Epicatechin

Anabeta Elite.

Here are some that i feel are not placebo compared to most products on the market.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
To add to the list
1-ad
4-ad
Most pwo with caffeine or DMAA

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

Cordyceps
Tongkat Ali
Epicatechin
KSM-66

Volvo140G

Volvo140G

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Eat well and lift hard, youll save alot of $$$

Auslifter

Auslifter

Awards
  • Established
anything that works is banned. outside of that food and training, and everything else is bullchit

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I always find that when people look to supplements to noticibly increase muscle mass, they end up being disappointed. I find that they instead help fuel the mindset of a bulk, or improve quality of life in other ways.

For instance, a test booster may not boost test enough to help pack on the pounds but it might help improve your mental ability, libido and well being so that you actually work harder in the gym.

same as a GH product - we know that it isnt going to increase muscle mass but we do know that it can improve sleep, recovery and well being, all which can translate into more productive gym sessions.

It all depends on what you expect

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards

I'm asking for more of single ingredient supplements...... not combo supplements that one can't tell what's actually working
Builders:
Creatine
TMG
PA
ARA
-(-)epi

Cutters:
Caffeine
Yohimbe
Ephedrine (if not, any novel beta agonist)
Forskolin, IMO, I see not in yours.

Pre-W/O:
L-citrulline or cit mal.
Agmatine
Nitrates
GMS or HydroMAX

Take your pick

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Builders:
Creatine
TMG
PA
ARA
-(-)epi

Cutters:
Caffeine
Yohimbe
Ephedrine (if not, any novel beta agonist)
Forskolin, IMO, I see not in yours.

Pre-W/O:
L-citrulline or cit mal.
Agmatine
Nitrates
GMS or HydroMAX

Take your pick
Pretty much my list...

Joe12

Joe12

Awards
On my 6 week of Anafuse and have seen some solid gains for a natty sup. However, I also began bulking when I began taking Anafuse, so it's had to say how much was the food/hard workouts and how much was Anafuse.

Joe12

Joe12

Awards
I keep reading solid things about Alpha Max XT. I literally have a bottle in my hand, but haven't taken it yet. Plan to finish up Anafuse, give my body a little break, then take Alpha Max XT.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Either he stopped getting log ops or someone hacked his account.
Or he went to the darkside and realized the natty stuff he was using didn't really contribute to a lot of his progress.

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
ArA
Fadogia
Forsksolin - studies show effectiveness at 100mg

ucheoma

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Cordyceps??

Can't fathom why protein and creatine aren't staples on everyone's list. And yes protein works fine for me. In all honesty id get by fine with these two + exercise, diet and rest but guess if I'm being honest, like a lot of people on the board, I'm always secretly (naively) hoping to discover that holy grail of supplements that will deliver steroid-like gains!!

Joe12

Joe12

Awards
I'm always secretly (naively) hoping to discover that holy grail of supplements that will deliver steroid-like gains!!
Haha, you and the rest of the board! I have gotten good gains while on Anafuse, but it's natty, so it won't give you even close to a PH or SARM. IMO, I think it's worth running, I might run it again in the future. Maybe ABA, or XGels.... Both get a lot of press on the form.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I keep reading solid things about Alpha Max XT. I literally have a bottle in my hand, but haven't taken it yet. Plan to finish up Anafuse, give my body a little break, then take Alpha Max XT.
There has been a ton of great feedback on the OG Alphamax, and XT is even better. You're smart for running it solo to gauge its effectiveness. Are you planning to run Alphamax XT in a bulk or a cut?

Joe12

Joe12

Awards
There has been a ton of great feedback on the OG Alphamax, and XT is even better. You're smart for running it solo to gauge its effectiveness. Are you planning to run Alphamax XT in a bulk or a cut?
I was going to keep bulking, but honestly.... Now that biking season has began, I am not sure how affective my bulk will be while burning so many calories. Also, I only have 1 bottle, did you see the affects after one or two bottles?

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I was going to keep bulking, but honestly.... Now that biking season has began, I am not sure how affective my bulk will be while burning so many calories. Also, I only have 1 bottle, did you see the affects after one or two bottles?
You can always try to keep bulking as long as you're eating enough. I know biking a lot will make that difficult, but if you track it you could make it work.

If you're going to be biking a lot, I would suggest running Alphamax XT as more of a recomp. Alphamax XT can help you gain strength while getting leaner, so if you're eating properly while adding in the extra cardio you could benefit very well from a recomp. It's not imperative to use 2 bottles of Alphamax XT, you'll still feel it with a 4 week run. I notice an increase in strength and vascularity around the 2.5 week mark. Running it for 8 weeks would be more enjoyable, but it's not 100% necessary

mbonheur

mbonheur

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anyone an idea where to get ArA in Europe at the moment? Pretty tough to find it

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Anyone an idea where to get ArA in Europe at the moment? Pretty tough to find it
PHW ships internationally (and at pretty good rates from what I've been told) and will have Xgels (and more SNS goodies) on sale this weekend for Easter.

Gwyndane

Awards
PHW ships internationally (and at pretty good rates from what I've been told) and will have Xgels (and more SNS goodies) on sale this weekend for Easter.
16 bucks for 1 small bottle is not a good rate

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
16 bucks for 1 small bottle is not a good rate
Most intl guys aren't buying one bottle ha. The rates don't go up at that same rate for each bottle and most int orders are bigger.

Also, if you jump on the live chat or call in, they can usually work out a deal for special cases (like single bottles or small parcels).

Gwyndane

Awards
Most intl guys aren't buying one bottle ha. The rates don't go up at that same rate for each bottle and most int orders are bigger.

Also, if you jump on the live chat or call in, they can usually work out a deal for special cases (like single bottles or small parcels).
NP has flat rate 8 bucks up until 2 lbs or 3 lbs cant remember, that would my definition of pretty good

your store has increased shipping after each item... 2 small bottles is 25 bucks

maybe ill check out the live chat option, thx

also, most int guys would stick to smaller orders to avoid paying VAT

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
NP has flat rate 8 bucks up until 2 lbs or 3 lbs cant remember, that would my definition of pretty good

your store has increased shipping after each item... 2 small bottles is 25 bucks

maybe ill check out the live chat option, thx

also, most int guys would stick to smaller orders to avoid paying VAT
Definitely use the chat or call. Those rates seem excessive to me and I know we've had some issues getting things to calculate correctly more than once and settled it at a much better price.

And np doesn't oven ship domestic for $8 anymore. Best is $9 and slow as balls fedex ha

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I always find that when people look to supplements to noticibly increase muscle mass, they end up being disappointed. I find that they instead help fuel the mindset of a bulk, or improve quality of life in other ways.

For instance, a test booster may not boost test enough to help pack on the pounds but it might help improve your mental ability, libido and well being so that you actually work harder in the gym.

same as a GH product - we know that it isnt going to increase muscle mass but we do know that it can improve sleep, recovery and well being, all which can translate into more productive gym sessions.

Good post Jiigzz

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
For the OG AlphaMax, it really shines at the start of week three. Due to that, I would run 2 bottles.

Pretty much right away, quality of sleep is improved. Around 2 weeks in, an increase in libido can be noticed. Around week 3 is when the drying out effect takes place. From the second half of one bottle, into the second, vasculairty is improved and an overall leaner look is noticeable. If one is not too vascular naturally, then this may not be the case for them, but they should look tighter and leaner or at least notice an increase in weight, when bulking, but not too much of an increase in fat. Of course, that will be dependent on one's diet.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I saw this post last night and liked it. It is spot on.

I think the general public think that supplements are supposed to be some magic pill to help them lose weight, gain muscle, boost performance, etc. Yes, supplements and ingredients do help, but if one is not following a somewhat decent diet, is not resting and is not following a well structured training plan or is just overall inconsistent, then these things will not work.

Often, expectations are too high on natural supplements. Also, different ingredients will work for different people. I think the overly high expectations speak for the majority of people though. Too often, on this board and others, people say this supplement/ingredients didn't do this. An example of this is with pre workout products, especially high stim products. I have seen many posts from people saying that the product did not give them crazy energy or even "motivate" them to go to the gym. No amount of caffeine, DMAA, etc. will motivate one to go to the gym.

Also, I notice too many people ask for supplement advice before nutrition advice. The definition of a supplement is

something that completes or enhances something else when added to it
I am an advocate of thinking of training/bodybuilding/fitness as a three piece pie; nutrition, training and recovery are all equally important. If one or all of those pieces are not met, supplements will not help.

And yes, I do realize there are many bunk supplements and ingredients out there. I think there are several that are effective, but once again, too many people are missing a piece of the pie or have crazy high expectations.

saywutrly

saywutrly

Awards
  • Established
Since we didn't say anabolic supplements only, I'm going to go with b-vitamins, fish oil, NAC, and 5-HTP.

And yes, people expect too much from naturals. They aren't drugs, simple as that.

ahawk01

ahawk01

Banned
Awards
PA I've noticed vascularity.
-epi. Endurance gains
Creatine - 3 grams daily

I take protein to get me to my daily goal.
I like eaa intra.

Fish oil dosed high
1 gram of curcumin
500mg of ashwagandha

saywutrly

saywutrly

Awards
  • Established
Oh, and intra-workout carbs. I notice marked endurance increases compared to loading all of them beforehand.

Joe12

Joe12

Awards
For the OG AlphaMax, it really shines at the start of week three. Due to that, I would run 2 bottles.

Pretty much right away, quality of sleep is improved. Around 2 weeks in, an increase in libido can be noticed. Around week 3 is when the drying out effect takes place. From the second half of one bottle, into the second, vasculairty is improved and an overall leaner look is noticeable. If one is not too vascular naturally, then this may not be the case for them, but they should look tighter and leaner or at least notice an increase in weight, when bulking, but not too much of an increase in fat. Of course, that will be dependent on one's diet.
Thanks, good advice. Once I get about 2-weeks into the fist bottle and can properly assess how my body reacts, I may pick up the second.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Thanks, good advice. Once I get about 2-weeks into the fist bottle and can properly assess how my body reacts, I may pick up the second.
If you're looking to grab another bottle, be sure to check out Nutriverse. They're having a 20% off sale the entire Performax line. I'm not sure if they still have OG Alphamax in stock, but you could definitely get a bottle of XT and complete your 8 week cycle with that

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
No supplement directly builds muscle or lowers fat... It's hard to even comment on these topics when people think protein powders are a substitute for freakin fairy dust, "I've even replaced my protein with whole food and make better gains"..... Lulz

brundel

brundel

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
We just released a new version of FOLLIDRONE.
Amazing absorption package for the epicatechin and 3 additional active ingredients. Even if you took the epicatechin out this would likely be the strongest natural muscle builder I know of.

One of the ingredients Ecklonia Cava
"ECE Beverage: 2-Week Clinical Trial
In a human study, 141 young adults were given a beverage containing ECE at 200 mg daily. In two weeks their average weight dropped nearly 2.5 pounds, muscle mass increased by nearly 2.5 pounds, and body fat dropped by 4 pounds, or 7.48%. EC stimulates the body to burn fat by increasing muscle mass.
"

Of course there is much more to it than this study alone^

Read more the writeup has alot of info regarding how FOLLIDRONE 2.0 can help you reach your goals.

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/black-lion-research/279849-follidrone-2-0-a.html