Target A2 (Rauwolscine/Alpha-Yohimbine)

Knightsbrah

Awards
I know there are a few Q&As on this stuff, please trust me I have read everything on the internet ever posted about AY, however I still have a couple of questions:

Is Rauwolscine something you take every day, regardless of physical activity that day? Basically does it need to build up in your system (in the way you'd take forskolin or creatine) or is it purely for it's acute effects (like caffeine)?

Can it be taken before fasted weight training, or like yohimbine, is it best before low intensity work only?

Thanks

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
I would treat the same as yohimbine. Best fasted, before any type of training for optimal result IMO. This is how I took it and had results. Using yHcl right now for a comparison but I just started so no conclusions yet

Knightsbrah

Awards
I would treat the same as yohimbine. Best fasted, before any type of training for optimal result IMO. This is how I took it and had results. Using yHcl right now for a comparison but I just started so no conclusions yet
Same dose every single day, even rest days?

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Same dose every single day, even rest days?
I typically only use yohimbine or alpha-y before fasted training or cardio. I don't see a point in taking it on rest days IMO. Alpha-Y is much more powerful than y-hcl, so don't expect to take the same dosage. My protocol for y-hcl is 12.5 - 17.5mg at a time, but with alpha-y I only need about 5mg. I would assess your tolerance and don't overdo high intensity cardio. If you feel like you're heart rate is too high when performing heavy lifts or high intensity exercise/cardio then I would back off and do lower intensity work.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I know there are a few Q&As on this stuff, please trust me I have read everything on the internet ever posted about AY, however I still have a couple of questions:

Is Rauwolscine something you take every day, regardless of physical activity that day? Basically does it need to build up in your system (in the way you'd take forskolin or creatine) or is it purely for it's acute effects (like caffeine)?

Can it be taken before fasted weight training, or like yohimbine, is it best before low intensity work only?

Thanks
Use it daily -- fasted. Best prior to cardio if possible.

It will start taking effect upon first dose.

Chefdeez

Chefdeez

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Use it daily -- fasted. Best prior to cardio if possible.

It will start taking effect upon first dose.
This. It definitely has use even on non training days. I take alphamine every morning on an empty stomach and wait as long as possible for breakfast and I've been dropping fat at a very steady rate.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
I'd save it for fasted cardio or resistance days. 1st - Insulin kills it, so on your rest days, what, are you going to sit around unfed for a few hours watching TV? 2nd, it's an alpha2 antagonist - which means it tells your body "NO! Don't stop! Keep burning!" when your body wants to shut'er down. How much "burning" do you think is going on (compared to training days) on your rest days? Yes, the body is in a constant burn/store state, but since it is expensive, I'd save it for training. If you want to try an alpha2 antagonist on off days - use regular Yohimbine HCL, it's cheaper. Then use aYohimbine on training days.

kdubson14

Awards
  • Established
Rauwolscine is weaker than yohimbine, not stronger.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Rauwolscine is weaker than yohimbine, not stronger.
Examine:

Rauwolscine shows some promise in being more effective due to higher potency on the same receptor.
This part:

{3H}Rauwolscine is less potent than Yohimbine in protecting against adrenaline-induced blood pressure increases (both of which were less potent than corynanthine and more potent than 3-epi-alpha-yohimbine), this effect seems related to their affinity for the alpha-2 adrenoreceptor.
Means there is even a higher likelihood of Blood Pressure problems with it, over Yohimbine.

I've never seen that it is "milder" than Y-HCL?

Rob1882

Awards
  • Established
Examine:

This part:

Means there is even a higher likelihood of Blood Pressure problems with it, over Yohimbine.

I've never seen that it is "milder" than Y-HCL?
Doesn't seem milder to me either but it is not stronger at least as a stimulant the effect have used a lot of both Rauw & Y-HCL typically tho most products using Rauw use very little and I have never tried to use 10-15mg of Rauw but I have taken 3-6mg of it.

It's effective just kind of more expensive and I don't see any benefits of Rauw over Y-HCL from appetite/fat loss or energy but I do like it and am all for using it as an ingredient. I also do not see negative effects on my blood pressure or any sides from Y-HCL and Rauw is typically being marketed as a possible "alternative" ( For those who have bad reactions to Y-HCL ) on other forums to Y-HCL and or bulk generic yohimbe.

Coop once told me if you can handle Y-HCL than use Y-HCL or something along that line it was few years ago now

Chefdeez

Chefdeez

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Doesn't seem milder to me either but it is not stronger at least as a stimulant the effect have used a lot of both Rauw & Y-HCL typically tho most products using Rauw use very little and I have never tried to use 10-15mg of Rauw but I have taken 3-6mg of it.

It's effective just kind of more expensive and I don't see any benefits of Rauw over Y-HCL from appetite/fat loss or energy but I do like it and am all for using it as an ingredient. I also do not see negative effects on my blood pressure or any sides from Y-HCL and Rauw is typically being marketed as a possible "alternative" ( For those who have bad reactions to Y-HCL ) on other forums to Y-HCL and or bulk generic yohimbe.

Coop once told me if you can handle Y-HCL than use Y-HCL or something along that line it was few years ago now
I'm with you. Hcl works fine for me and is cheap so no reason to switch it up.

Knightsbrah

Awards
Conflicting info on whether to take it every day or on fasted cardio days, so maybe I will do 1 cap on rest days (and go for a fasted walk) and then 2 caps when cardio/lifting is present.

Also, I'm from the UK and cannot get a hold of yohimbine to save my life, whereas target a2 was being sold with like £10 off, perfect.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Knightsbrah

Awards
OP, Rauwolscine and/or Alpha-Yohimbine will still have plenty of effect even on non-training days. It should be dosed daily if you want maximal weight loss.

Here is a nice read on Yohimbine versus Rauwolscine via Cooper:
Okay so that implies that the necessary dose of Rau is higher than YHCL, but everything I've seen about Target A2 says to never exceed 3 caps (9mg @90%), which would imply it is stronger than yohimbine in which 20mg doses are not uncommon.