CON CRET & Track and Field

ShockTheNation

Awards
I'm aware this isn't a track and field forum..

I have state this coming week, and am ranked 3rd at the moment in the 60m dash.

I currently take 1 and half scoops of CON-CRET creatine before my race.

What else should I be taking? I find it hard to be focused and excited for my races. I do best with adrenaline etc.

Am i taking CON-CRET at the right time? And on off days too, 2 scoops.

Bitter orange? Recommend me some things:) PH is fine.

For those wondering, (if anyone at all even cares, PR is 7.04)

ActiveShooter

ActiveShooter

Awards
If you are ranked third whatever you are doing is working and just before a meet don't seem like a good time to start jacking around with stuff. Do your experiments in the pre season.

ShockTheNation

Awards
I see. I was thinking the same thing. I am more thinking about after indoor is over, what I should try out.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I see. I was thinking the same thing. I am more thinking about after indoor is over, what I should try out.
One of the biggest rules of any sport - dont experiment woth new variables near crucial events, stick to what you are used to and only introduce new things when it doesnt count

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yea during your off season would be a good time to experiment and see if your times get better or if you recover better with the product.

Zoomie33240

Zoomie33240

Awards
  • Established
Already great answers in here. I completely agree to not change anything up mid season. I have done that in the past and really regretted it. The good new is, creatine is an awesome supplement to take for sprints. So good on you for that one.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Not sure what concrete is going to for you as far as taking before a race. If you ranked that well why play.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I'd say when you are done, consider switching to a better dosed creatine product as you would actually need ~4 scoops to derive the full benefits of creatine. Quite a few pre's these days have ~2.5 grams-3 grams of creatine in them, or you could buy it as an extra on top of another solid pre.

We (SNS) sell 1.2kg of Creatine for $12.99 from Nutraplanet which would give you 400 days worth at 3g. Not bad for $13 lol.

Apart from that, I'd be careful in taking a PH or anything else that may be WADA listed because you risk a lot if you pop a test, especially if you've come this far using Con Cret. I'd definitely suggest Caffeine and to avoid DMAA, DMBA and other supplements of similar nature. Again, bulk caffeine is dirt cheap and will last a life time.

scherbs

scherbs

Awards
  • Established
I'd say when you are done, consider switching to a better dosed creatine product as you would actually need ~4 scoops to derive the full benefits of creatine. Quite a few pre's these days have ~2.5 grams-3 grams of creatine in them, or you could buy it as an extra on top of another solid pre.

We (SNS) sell 1.2kg of Creatine for $12.99 from Nutraplanet which would give you 400 days worth at 3g. Not bad for $13 lol.

Apart from that, I'd be careful in taking a PH or anything else that may be WADA listed because you risk a lot if you pop a test, especially if you've come this far using Con Cret. I'd definitely suggest Caffeine and to avoid DMAA, DMBA and other supplements of similar nature. Again, bulk caffeine is dirt cheap and will last a life time.
FYI-Caffeine has been removed from the banned list, but it is still on the monitoring list A.K.A. don't get too reliant on it for competition