Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
The ingredient you need!

Well need might be a strong word, but it is certainly beneficial. There is a fair amount of information out there about ParActin, particularly from HP ingredients, however I will try and cover a little bit about what it is, how it works and why you might need it.

Q1: What is ParActin?
ParActin is the brand name for a patented blend of extracts standardized to Andrographolide, 14-deoxyandrographolide, and Neoandrographolide. These extracts come from the herb Andrographis Paniculata which is hardly surprising given the names and it does appear to be quite safe even at high doses (yes, there is some evidence of toxicity if used at high doses for long periods, however the results of the studies assessing this couldn't be replicated in future studies).

Q2: What does it do?
A few things actually, but the one I will focus on is its anti-inflammatory properties, and I will touch on maybe one or two others in relation to how it affects joints. Inflammation is double edged sword and it's important to note that two forms exist, acute and chronic. For the most part, inflammation is an important biological response that serves as a defence mechanism from various harmful substances and pathogens - without it, well, let's just say you wouldn't live long. So even though it is critical to our body’s ability to fight off noxious agents and damaged tissue, it can also cause our bodies to self-destruct if it occurs over a prolonged period of time - this form of inflammation is known as chronic inflammation. In regards to joints, chronic inflammation leads to the destruction of joint tissue which over time can cause arthritis.
To make matters worse, as we get older the cells our bodies send out to fix issues decreases, and so the path to destruction just gets worse over time. In an effort to combat the pain these destructive issues cause, people often reach for NSAIDs (ibuprofen or aspirin), yet these can also cause destruction of their own.
So while we need acute inflammation to combat pathogens and other foreign substances, chronic inflammation needs to be controlled and prevented to ensure optimal functioning of the body.
For a more detailed overview of inflammation - including the pathways involved and other related stuff, visit this link: https://blog.priceplow.com/joint-supplements/curcumin

Q3: How does ParActin control inflammation
Rather than reinvent the wheel, I’m just going to simplify the write up WholeFoods Magazine and HP Ingredients use – so all credit to the authors of this ebook:

ParActin: Scientific Breakthroughs | WholeFoods Magazine

Essentially ParActin works through the inhibition of an “inflammation master switch” known as nuclear factor kappaB (NF-kB). Essentially this molecule activates the inflammatory response when it senses a foreign substance, damaged tissue or anything it considers potentially harmful to the body.

The E-Book describes NF-kB, rather aptly, as a sort of smoke sensor that acts to activate the biologival response before the threat becomes a problem. Much like the crazy smoke detector that slowly starts bleeping at everything the older it gets, NF-kB also starts overreacting as we age, thus contributing to the constant inflammatory response typical of some debilitating diseases.
Through the reduction of NF-kB activation, we also note a decrease in pro-inflammatory cytokines and inflammatory proteins (again more on these in the ebook and the priceplow link) which protects against a wide range of inflammatory disorders.

Q4: What does this have to do with joints?
As mentioned above, prolonged inflammation around a joint will slowly destroy the cartilage and bone mass, resulting in weaker bones and painful movements. So when we decrease the prolonged inflammatory response, we can not only help decrease the pain associated with inflammation, but also potentially protect the joints against further degradation.
Bone mass is a dynamic tissue, meaning that it is constantly reforming and shaping itself in which the balance between building and breaking down lies between osteoblastic bone formation and osteoclastic bone resorption. As we age, osteoclasts – the cells responsible for breaking down bone – numbers generally increase with age and even more so when there is prolonged inflammation surrounding a joint. This leads to an imbalance between bone resorption and bone building, thus contributing to a decrease in bone density over time. Osteoclasts are activated through NF-kB and as such, a decrease in NF-kB will also decrease osteoclast formation and therefore help restore the balance between bone breaking and bone building.

Q5: Are there any safety/ toxicity concerns with ParActin?
Because ParActin is a patented blend, all studies conducted on it (at least the ones I have read), have all been funded by the patent holder, HP Ingredients. After-all, why would a company conduct a study on a competitor’s product? In saying that, all the studies in humans using reasonable doses (300mg per day over 14+ weeks) had almost zero side effects (in comparison to placebo) and showed no signs of toxicity.

Q6: What dose should I look to use daily?
300mg.

Q7: Where can I find ParActin?
• SNS Joint Support XT – no surprises there given I am a rep LOL
• Iforce Joint Help

Both contain either the exact studied dose (Joint Support XT), or very close to it (Joint Help). Either product will provide a sufficient amount of ParActin for your needs.

If you know of any other board sponsors who use ParActin, please send me a PM and I will add them to the list.
If you would like to know anything else, PM me or ask here and I will add questions to the thread.

References (in no particular order because I am lazy):

1) http://cdn.intechopen.com/pdfs-wm/41756.pdf
2) https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10067-009-1180-5
3) Double-blind, placebo-controlled pilot and phase III study of activity of standardized Andrographis paniculata Herba Nees extract fixed combination... - PubMed - NCBI
4) A double blind, placebo-controlled study of Andrographis paniculata fixed combination Kan Jang in the treatment of acute upper respiratory tract in... - PubMed - NCBI
5) Andrographis paniculata: a review of pharmacological activities and clinical effects. - PubMed - NCBI
6) https://blog.priceplow.com/joint-supplements/curcumin
7) ParActin: Scientific Breakthroughs | WholeFoods Magazine

The wholefoods magazine is not something I would normally reference, but its the HP Ingredients write u of ParActin and so, well, its a useful resource.

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
Nice..got a bottle of Joint Help that I'll be starting within the month..never used Paractin before

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Figured I'd bump for the knowledge!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Olympus Labs 56