what whey protein suggestions

j peezy

Awards
Looking for a good whey protein thats not spiked with aminos or fillers. Whats the good brands to look for? I was using syntha 6 till they said its spiked. Suggestions please. Thanks

Robert5891

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lots of good options around:

iForce Protean
PES Select
Blue Star Whey Smooth
Animal Whey
Cellucor Cor Whey

Those are all really great tasting and you'd do well with any/all of them

Chefdeez

Chefdeez

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
MTS Whey is top notch as well as iforce, cellucor, animal, I'm sure I'm forgetting a few.

j peezy

Awards
Ok. Cool guys. Thanks for the recommendations. I'll check them out

Chefdeez

Chefdeez

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Btw I'm not sure Syntha 6 is spiked at all tbh. Haven't heard anything regarding BSN

j peezy

Awards
Ok. Cool guys. Thanks for the recommendations. I'll check them out

j peezy

Awards
Really. Im gonna research that. A salesperson from a supplement store,was telling me,that

jaredmus

jaredmus

Awards
Cellucor Whey- PB marsh/ Chocolate Both good
PES Select- Snicker doodle/ Choc PB - killer flavors
Animal Whey- Frosted Cin roll/ Double Choc chip - both Phenomenal
Muscletech Iso whey- Vanilla- taste great
Iso 100- Birthday Cake- great one to try as well

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
PES Select, Chocolate and Snickerdoodle are only ones i have tried which have been great.

ON, Gold Standard Whey in Rocky Road or Mocha Cappuccino

Dymatize, ISO-100 or Whey Gourmet.

iFORCE 100% Whey

BPI Best Protein

BPI ISO HD

ISO Pure Zero Carb

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Animal Whey
Scivation Whey
PES Select
XF Whey or XF 2.0
Blue Star Whey Smooth

good brands

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
IForce Protean

APS Isomorph (The Cinnamon Graham Cracker Crunch OMG)

PES Select

Animal Whey

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Some of the best protein comes from companies that deal directly with the dairy's / manufacture the protein for all the fancy label companies. You can get 26g of protein in a 70cc scoop for ~$10/LB. It will be 60% Milk Protein and 40% Whey Concentrate. 1g Carb, 1g Fat.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Lots of good options around:

iForce Protean
PES Select
Blue Star Whey Smooth
Animal Whey
Cellucor Cor Whey

Those are all really great tasting and you'd do well with any/all of them
Agreed! These are all good options. I really like animal whey and pes select right now. I had been using ON gold standard for awhile as well.

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
IForce Protean Blueberry Muffin..that's just some good food right there

j peezy

Awards
Thanks for the recommendations. I was using syntha6, but is there anything wrong with that protein. Im trying to lean out and I like that it has a casein blend to fill me up . Is it still a good protein? Im 5'8" 170lb. Trying to get a lil bit of fat still around the gut.

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
My current favorite which I feel will be more favorite going forward is USP Labs ModernProtein Vanilla. This protein 100% clump free. It mixes very easily.

I mix 2 scoops with whole milk plus generous slab of Justin Maple Almond Butter.
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1457713721.121264.jpg

Rob1882

Awards
  • Established
BSN is owned by Glanbia who also owns Optimum Nutrition peoples bull**** of it tastes too good so it must be... gtfo lol

You ( anyone ) trust ON but not BSN? the same people own both and they both use the same exact raws - Short of testing showing directly that they are on this, just not seeing it.

My favorites

Xtreme Formulations Ultra Peptide & Ultra Peptide Whey ( been buying for years at this point )
Blue Star Whey Smooth
PES Select ( primarily as a dessert milk shake )
BSN Syntha-6 / Syntha-6 Isolate
SAN Titanium Whey ( Also Glanbia sourced whey )

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just because ON is okay doesn't mean BSN is.
Volkswagen makes Audi and Bentley but only VW cheated omissions. Lol

Rob1882

Awards
  • Established
Just because ON is okay doesn't mean BSN is.
Volkswagen makes Audi and Bentley but only VW cheated omissions. Lol
Nobody has ever posted proof of any kind that it is, but some how the mentality is it must be... it is not comparable in this case at all there is 0 proof of them doing anything at all in this regard with their protein.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nobody has ever posted proof of any kind that it is, but some how the mentality is it must be... it is not comparable in this case at all there is 0 proof of them doing anything at all in this regard with their protein.
That's a much better argument then your previous

Rob1882

Awards
  • Established
That's a much better argument then your previous
That's a fair point

I also don't want it to seem as if I trust anyone let's say 100% or that I don't think they are under dosing some of their prop blends; it was just posted a Canadian label for Amino X which is like wut lol - But this is primarily a US Food label law which allows far far worse on every day foods and you can often find completely different laughable labels in other countries that are more accurate.

Some time ago for example MT Phase8 and their label from other countries with strict enforcement; I could go on a fairly long rant of the US food industry and my deep hatred for it lol but they are guilty of far worse than simply bad labeling/bribery and fraudulent claims.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Thanks for the recommendations. I was using syntha6, but is there anything wrong with that protein. Im trying to lean out and I like that it has a casein blend to fill me up . Is it still a good protein? Im 5'8" 170lb. Trying to get a lil bit of fat still around the gut.
at the end of the day you are using your protein to help "Supplement" your protein intake to meet your quota. What you choose is personal preference. As long as you are using it on top of a good diet and training routine you will be fine. Use it to help reach your intake and fit it into your total calories. Losing fat will come from a caloric deficit over a prolonged period of time.

j peezy

Awards
at the end of the day you are using your protein to help "Supplement" your protein intake to meet your quota. What you choose is personal preference. As long as you are using it on top of a good diet and training routine you will be fine. Use it to help reach your intake and fit it into your total calories. Losing fat will come from a caloric deficit over a prolonged period of time.
Dam. That was well said. Exactly right

j peezy

Awards
Well guys. I ended getting purus labs myofeed to try something new. Who knows I might go back to syntha 6 since I didn't feel like there was nothing wrong with it. But ill try this out in the meantime. Got it even cheaper than syntha 6. 5lb for $34

Rob1882

Awards
  • Established
Well guys. I ended getting purus labs myofeed to try something new. Who knows I might go back to syntha 6 since I didn't feel like there was nothing wrong with it. But ill try this out in the meantime. Got it even cheaper than syntha 6. 5lb for $34

Didn't they have a buttermilk pancake or something? Their protein had me intrigued but have never had it.

j peezy

Awards
Yup, but I got the strawberry. I might try the pes brand next

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Sounds good. Gonna have to try thAt
Snickerdoodle is great,
Or if you like PB/Choc, our CPBC is insane,
If you like Vanilla Breyers ice cream, try Gourmet Vanilla

Rob1882

Awards
  • Established
Not a fan of snickerdoodle and it mixed horribly so many clumps

Don't be a beta breh... immersion blender or blender pfft..

Tho I did note this prob 20-30 times in hundreds of posts on PES Select since it launched ;)

Dat google search doe for another forum on my name and PES ( About 829 results (0.44 seconds) ) lulz

"If you don't like snickerdoodle, you're wrong"

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Middle name is PIMP'in
did you not know?