Hacking A Dermacrine Pump

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Anyone ever "reload" a Dermacrine Pump Bottle? I want to try re-filling it with Eviscerate for better metered dosing (longer lasting). Thought I'd ask before tearing into it.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Anyone ever "reload" a Dermacrine Pump Bottle? I want to try re-filling it with Eviscerate for better metered dosing (longer lasting). Thought I'd ask before tearing into it.
I tried to do this on an old PP sustain bottle, notice the word "tried".

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
I tried to do this on an old PP sustain bottle, notice the word "tried".
Ha! I have two, so one must die :) I'll try to find the OEM supplier and see what they say (of course if BPS and/or MPA want to help me out here...) :)

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
I'd like to see this. Make a video if you figure this out.
Will do. The things are damn neat - I can think of a few things to do with them. Although now that I think about it - a Pura D'Or Shampoo pump would work too. Nah - I'm gonna make this work! :D

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
T-Bone

Well that was easy. You won't need a video, but you will need a pair of Long-Neck Needle Nose Pliers.

1. Look at bottom of pump. Note 2 holes in the base. This is just a cap. Use a Large Safety Pin, stick in one hole, pry off.

2. Look into pump, at the bottom of the plunger that is now stuck at the top. The center is a protrusion that you can grab with the pliers. Gently pull downward. It's under vacuum so just go slow and steady. It too is just a plastic plate and it will pop out.

3. Refill with whatever. I tested with Shampoo. Leave just enough space at the bottom for the thickness of the plate. Push up a little to force the contents out of the nozzle. Test pump. It'll re-create the vacuum and you are in business.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
T-Bone

Well that was easy. You won't need a video, but you will need a pair of Long-Neck Needle Nose Pliers.

1. Look at bottom of pump. Note 2 holes in the base. This is just a cap. Use a Large Safety Pin, stick in one hole, pry off.

2. Look into pump, at the bottom of the plunger that is now stuck at the top. The center is a protrusion that you can grab with the pliers. Gently pull downward. It's under vacuum so just go slow and steady. It too is just a plastic plate and it will pop out.

3. Refill with whatever. I tested with Shampoo. Leave just enough space at the bottom for the thickness of the plate. Push up a little to force the contents out of the nozzle. Test pump. It'll re-create the vacuum and you are in business.
Cool. I have no empty ones now but I'll try this when I do.

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
If you can find them, lockout might have them still, AL or Iron Legions sold the carrier kits which work well also.

Volvo140G

Volvo140G

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Who says u can't teach The_Old_Guy new tricks!?!?! Well done sir!!!!

That's the best pump in the biz and it's not even close.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Who says u can't teach The_Old_Guy new tricks!?!?! Well done sir!!!!

That's the best pump in the biz and it's not even close.
Yup, haven't done this yet but will: When you reload, use a tiny bit of silicone grease on the lip of the plunger plate. And I think I'm going to add a piece of cord to the bottom of the plate (where you grab with the pliers) and fill the whole thing (the bottom is cupped) with epoxy. That way you can just pull the cord to re-load. Grabbing it with pliers each time looks like it might tear through the plastic.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Finished Product

So here's a reload'able BPS/MPASupps pump. Going to pour my new bottle of Smolder into it for precise dosing. Might work well for OL 11-KT too, since I hear that pump sucks. Just stuck a 550 Cord loop inside the plunger cup with a piece of electrical tape, and filled it with generic hot glue. When empty, just pull down on the cord.

Attachments