Joint supps questions

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have done some serious damage to my both of my shoulders. I have 1 partial tear and a full tear in a couple ligaments and stretch out all of my ligaments, that is causing multiple subluxations daily, in my right shoulder. In the left i have separated my ac joint to the point it broke my collar bone, i also have jammed into the socket smashing/pinching the bursa so many times that its started to calcify. The are both very painful 24/7. It makes it hard to sleep as i cant sleep on my back. I always wake up with them throbbing in pain and numbish. They also have gotten so bad that i cant even lift anymore. I still rehab them everyday but have seen any improvements. I am also just to poor to afford the surgeries that i need to fix them.

So my question is will any joint supp relieve some of the pain from these injuries? I understand that no joint supp can fix or heal my injuries. Although reduction in pain would amazing! So are there any that would help? Or is there really nothing i can do?

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I would say it definitely wouldn't hurt to try a joint supp. You should probable be taking a joint supp regularly with your history of injuries. Another supplement some people say helps joints is laxogenin. You could give it a shot as well.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
The #1 thing you should look at for immediate pain relief is Joint Force by E-Pharm. The #2 thing I would try is Chiro joints by Get Diesel. Both are designed to fight inflammation and pain in an acute manner. Joint Force has been a big hit with the two people I have given it to, both saying that it is better than Fentanyl patches. The downside is, it wears off in about 30 minutes - 2 hours, which is where Chiro joints may be a good addition to the formula.

For some longer-term healing, I'd look at Joint Support by SNS and Genoflex by PES.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
The two that have really worked for me is both Achilles and joint support xt.

I have shoulder issues as well, granted not as bad as you, but these two products both worked amazingly well and I started to feel better pretty quickly in. Drastic reduction in pain in my right shoulder-I couldn't sleep on my right side for a while. Can't go wrong with either of them.

http://www.strongsupplementshop.com/achilles-by-antaeus-labs

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
did a log on Millennium Sport Technologies Joint support. helped me with my shoulders, was able to start doing upright rows again!
jalfrey is with MST and code is below in case you are interested

Millennium Sport Technologies Representative
www.millenniumsport.net
Use code "RJA" for 50% off your next order!

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't think you will find a better joint product than Joint Support XT. Lockout supplements will be having a buy2 get a free Cissus XT up this week!!!

Proven Joint Support*
3 Licensed, Researched, and Patented Ingredients*
Contains Ingredients that have been shown in studies to work in as little as 10 days!!*

Joint Support XT contains THREE licensed, patented ingredients that have been shown to help support healthy joints and cartilage. In addition, it also includes a substantial amount of Glucosamine Sulfate, perhaps the most well-known joint support ingredient on the market.

Joint Support XT Highlights:
 Supports Joint Health and Repair*
 3 Licensed, Researched, and Patented Ingredients*
 Each Bottle Provides a Full 30 Day Supply*
 No Deceptive Proprietary Blends *
 No More Waiting for 3 to 6 Weeks for other Joint Products to MAYBE START working*

Ask yourself a couple of questions:
 Do you suffer from joint pain and inflammation?
 Do you experience lack of mobility and discomfort when trying to do simple tasks
 Are you unable to comfortably do some of the things you used to do due to joint pain and inflammation?
 Are you tired of trying other joint products that are supposed to start working eventually?

If you answered yes to any of the above questions, Joint Support XT may be right for you.*

A lot of products claim to be the best product on the market. Let’s face it, that’s good advertisement. What many have though is only that, a claim. We aren’t going to make that claim. Instead, we prefer to let the ingredient profile and real world feedback speak for itself.

Let’s Examine the Ingredients that make Joint Support XT so Special:

NEM® Natural Eggshell Membrane:
NEM® is the only natural eggshell membrane ingredient with multiple published safety and effectiveness studies for joint health. Multiple human studies show fast and continued results for joint comfort and flexibility in as little as 7 to 10 days with a 500 mg. daily dose, the exact dose that is in Joint Support XT.*

NEM® naturally contains major joint support nutrients including chondroitin sulfate, hyaluronic acid, collagen, and other glycosaminoglycans.

Paractin®:
Paractin® is a patented, standardized, clinically tested natural COX-2 inhibitor that has been shown to provide natural pain relief for minor joint pain, inflammation, discomfort, and stiffness. Consumer Health Digest has listed Paractin® as one of the top 10 natural pain relievers.

Paractin® is a patented extract of Andrographis Paniculata, standardized to Andrographolide, 14-deoxyandrographolide and Neoandrographolide.

The benefits of Paractin® look to go beyond its benefits and a natural inflammatory and joint health aid. Research studies on Paractin have indicated that Paractin may have potential benefits for improving memory and learning, boosting immune response, improving skeletal muscle strength and exercise performance and also reducing muscle damage. Research has also shown that Paractin® may be beneficial for bone health and osteoporosis as well as for helping reduce Rheumatoid Factor.

Boswellin® Super:
Boswellin® Super is obtained from the gum of Boswellia Serrata trees, commonly known as Frankincense, which has been used for its medicinal properties for hundreds of years.

In modern times, the most common uses for Boswellin supplements are for their anti-arthritic and anti-inflammatory benefits. Studies have shown that Boswellia Serrata has an anti-inflammatory action much like conventional non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS) used for inflammatory conditions but without the side effects commonly associated with conventional NSAIDS. This makes Boswellia Serrata one of the most popular natural ingredients available for inflammation. However, not all Boswellia Serrata ingredients are equal as there are many different standardizations available and many lack the level of active ingredients to deliver on the potential of this awesome ingredient. That is why we picked Boswellin® Super for a very specific reason.

What makes Boswellin® Super so special?
Boswellin® Super is a specific form of Boswellin that is standardized for 50% β-Boswellic acids of which 30% is Acetyl-11-keto- β -Boswellic Acid (AKBBA). There are four major pentacyclic triterpenic acids identified in Boswellin® Super: β-Boswellic Acid, Acetyl-β-Boswellic Acid, 11-keto- β -Boswellic Acid, and
Acetyl-11-keto-β -Boswellic Acid (AKBBA). The significance of having such a high concentration of AKBBA is that AKBBA is reported to have the most potent anti-inflammatory action and is also reported to be active against a large number of inflammatory conditions including arthritis, chronic colitis, ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease, and bronchial asthma.

Glucosamine Sulfate:
Glucosamine Sulfate is the only non-branded/non-patented ingredient included in the Joint Support XT formulation. Glucosamine is probably the most well-known joint support ingredient on the market and is widely used for its ability to support joint and cartilage health.

Joint Support XT is the first product to bring these
Awesome ingredients into one formulation
&
The Best Part is that Joint Support XT offers them all for
LESS than most of the overhyped joint formulas on the market today!!

Joint Support XT

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Joint support XT hands down. You wont find a better joint support product on the market

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks guys i appreciate the input.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't think you will find a better joint product than Joint Support XT. Lockout supplements will be having a buy2 get a free Cissus XT up this week!!!

Proven Joint Support*
3 Licensed, Researched, and Patented Ingredients*
Contains Ingredients that have been shown in studies to work in as little as 10 days!!*

Joint Support XT contains THREE licensed, patented ingredients that have been shown to help support healthy joints and cartilage. In addition, it also includes a substantial amount of Glucosamine Sulfate, perhaps the most well-known joint support ingredient on the market.

Joint Support XT Highlights:
Supports Joint Health and Repair*
3 Licensed, Researched, and Patented Ingredients*
Each Bottle Provides a Full 30 Day Supply*
No Deceptive Proprietary Blends *
No More Waiting for 3 to 6 Weeks for other Joint Products to MAYBE START working*

Ask yourself a couple of questions:
Do you suffer from joint pain and inflammation?
Do you experience lack of mobility and discomfort when trying to do simple tasks
Are you unable to comfortably do some of the things you used to do due to joint pain and inflammation?
Are you tired of trying other joint products that are supposed to start working eventually?

If you answered yes to any of the above questions, Joint Support XT may be right for you.*

A lot of products claim to be the best product on the market. Let’s face it, that’s good advertisement. What many have though is only that, a claim. We aren’t going to make that claim. Instead, we prefer to let the ingredient profile and real world feedback speak for itself.

Let’s Examine the Ingredients that make Joint Support XT so Special:

NEM® Natural Eggshell Membrane:
NEM® is the only natural eggshell membrane ingredient with multiple published safety and effectiveness studies for joint health. Multiple human studies show fast and continued results for joint comfort and flexibility in as little as 7 to 10 days with a 500 mg. daily dose, the exact dose that is in Joint Support XT.*

NEM® naturally contains major joint support nutrients including chondroitin sulfate, hyaluronic acid, collagen, and other glycosaminoglycans.

Paractin®:
Paractin® is a patented, standardized, clinically tested natural COX-2 inhibitor that has been shown to provide natural pain relief for minor joint pain, inflammation, discomfort, and stiffness. Consumer Health Digest has listed Paractin® as one of the top 10 natural pain relievers.

Paractin® is a patented extract of Andrographis Paniculata, standardized to Andrographolide, 14-deoxyandrographolide and Neoandrographolide.

The benefits of Paractin® look to go beyond its benefits and a natural inflammatory and joint health aid. Research studies on Paractin have indicated that Paractin may have potential benefits for improving memory and learning, boosting immune response, improving skeletal muscle strength and exercise performance and also reducing muscle damage. Research has also shown that Paractin® may be beneficial for bone health and osteoporosis as well as for helping reduce Rheumatoid Factor.

Boswellin® Super:
Boswellin® Super is obtained from the gum of Boswellia Serrata trees, commonly known as Frankincense, which has been used for its medicinal properties for hundreds of years.

In modern times, the most common uses for Boswellin supplements are for their anti-arthritic and anti-inflammatory benefits. Studies have shown that Boswellia Serrata has an anti-inflammatory action much like conventional non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS) used for inflammatory conditions but without the side effects commonly associated with conventional NSAIDS. This makes Boswellia Serrata one of the most popular natural ingredients available for inflammation. However, not all Boswellia Serrata ingredients are equal as there are many different standardizations available and many lack the level of active ingredients to deliver on the potential of this awesome ingredient. That is why we picked Boswellin® Super for a very specific reason.

What makes Boswellin® Super so special?
Boswellin® Super is a specific form of Boswellin that is standardized for 50% β-Boswellic acids of which 30% is Acetyl-11-keto- β -Boswellic Acid (AKBBA). There are four major pentacyclic triterpenic acids identified in Boswellin® Super: β-Boswellic Acid, Acetyl-β-Boswellic Acid, 11-keto- β -Boswellic Acid, and
Acetyl-11-keto-β -Boswellic Acid (AKBBA). The significance of having such a high concentration of AKBBA is that AKBBA is reported to have the most potent anti-inflammatory action and is also reported to be active against a large number of inflammatory conditions including arthritis, chronic colitis, ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease, and bronchial asthma.

Glucosamine Sulfate:
Glucosamine Sulfate is the only non-branded/non-patented ingredient included in the Joint Support XT formulation. Glucosamine is probably the most well-known joint support ingredient on the market and is widely used for its ability to support joint and cartilage health.

Joint Support XT is the first product to bring these
Awesome ingredients into one formulation
&
The Best Part is that Joint Support XT offers them all for
LESS than most of the overhyped joint formulas on the market today!!

Joint Support XT
JointSupport XT does look interesting. I will have to look into it some more. Any chance you can provide more info on NEM?

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The two that have really worked for me is both Achilles and joint support xt.

I have shoulder issues as well, granted not as bad as you, but these two products both worked amazingly well and I started to feel better pretty quickly in. Drastic reduction in pain in my right shoulder-I couldn't sleep on my right side for a while. Can't go wrong with either of them.

http://www.strongsupplementshop.com/achilles-by-antaeus-labs
Achillies has always been interesting looking. Although to me it looks under dosed. Although i do trust henryv. He always makes goods stuff maybe henryv could chime in a little

Also how would you rate the 2 of them and which would you say is you favorite?

The #1 thing you should look at for immediate pain relief is Joint Force by E-Pharm. The #2 thing I would try is Chiro joints by Get Diesel. Both are designed to fight inflammation and pain in an acute manner. Joint Force has been a big hit with the two people I have given it to, both saying that it is better than Fentanyl patches. The downside is, it wears off in about 30 minutes - 2 hours, which is where Chiro joints may be a good addition to the formula.

For some longer-term healing, I'd look at Joint Support by SNS and Genoflex by PES.
Whats this joint force by E-pharm? Whats in it?

Have you tried Genoflex? Looks good but is there in reviews or logs out? Maybe Driven2lift could chime in (you are the PES rep correct?)

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
JointSupport XT does look interesting. I will have to look into it some more. Any chance you can provide more info on NEM?
Yes tomorrow i will make a post with very detailed info on Paractin and its many bendfits as well as NEM

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
So you guys think that even with actually and permanent damge, to both shoulders, that cannot be fixed without surgery, that these would be worth taking and relieve some pain?

Whats your guys thoughts about scivation new joint supp? It looks intriguing. 1Fast400 I know i gave you some crap earlier and I apologize, but i would like to hear your thoughts on your supp. What makes it different then other products that are using different joint type ingredients like yours?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Here's some for you:

These are the results from two open label human clinical trials (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2697588/)-

Conclusions: Natural Eggshell Membrane (NEM®) is a possible new effective and safe therapeutic option for the treatment of pain and inflexibility associated with joint and connective tissue (JCT) disorders. Supplementation with NEM®, 500 mg taken once daily, significantly
reduced pain, both rapidly (seven days) and continuously (30 days). It also showed clinically meaningful results from a brief responder analysis, demonstrating that significant proportions of treated patients may be helped considerably from NEM® supplementation. The Clinical Trial
Registration numbers for these trials are: NCT00750230 and NCT00750854
There is also plenty of other studies out there demonstrating fast and effective pain relief:

http://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s10067-009-1173-4#/page-1

http://www.omicsgroup.org/journals/nem-brand-eggshell-membrane-effective-in-the-treatment-of-pain-associated-with-knee-and-hip-osteoarthritis-2167-7921.1000136.php?aid=28258

H

henryv

Awards
  • Established
Achillies has always been interesting looking. Although to me it looks under dosed. Although i do trust henryv. He always makes goods stuff maybe henryv could chime in a little

Whats this joint force by E-pharm? Whats in it?
We've always acknowledged that the dose of cissus in Achilles was low, deliberately so, and that anyone looking for cissus benefits should top-up with bulk. We'll be releasing an improved version of Achilles very soon, with several improvements including higher doses of key ingredients, and the addition of bioavailability-enhanced curcumin.
E-Pharm's Joint Force is also good stuff.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've been using iForce Joint Help plus GLCDIRECT glucosamine for years. I highly recommend both.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
So you guys think that even with actually and permanent damge, to both shoulders, that cannot be fixed without surgery, that these would be worth taking and relieve some pain?

Whats your guys thoughts about scivation new joint supp? It looks intriguing. 1Fast400 I know i gave you some crap earlier and I apologize, but i would like to hear your thoughts on your supp. What makes it different then other products that are using different joint type ingredients like yours?
I haven't used any of these because I am lucky to not have any joint issues. My dad and grandmother both have shot knees. My dad is almost 70 and has serious trouble walking and is waiting to get knee surgery when he retires in a couple years. My grandmother is 90 and when I say she can barely stand up, I mean it. She sits in a chair all day, needs help standing up and takes 5 minutes or more just to walk across a room. They have both used prescription fentanyl patches, etc.

I gave them both joint force and both swear it is better than the prescriptions they use and have stopped using the prescriptions. It is a spray that you spray on the joint and it contains a bunch of stuff...bAET, MSM, Zingerone, etc. Apparently it is the best thing for immediate pain relief. Will it fix your issue? No. Will it help, I bet it will.

My dad just started with Joint Support and Chiro Joints, but he is hesitant to take pills and I'm trying to get him over that. I've noticed he walks a little better, even though he is taking half the dose of each. Because my grandmother is on blood thinners, she can't take the boswellia..or at least I am hesitant to give it to her.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I haven't used any of these because I am lucky to not have any joint issues. My dad and grandmother both have shot knees. My dad is almost 70 and has serious trouble walking and is waiting to get knee surgery when he retires in a couple years. My grandmother is 90 and when I say she can barely stand up, I mean it. She sits in a chair all day, needs help standing up and takes 5 minutes or more just to walk across a room. They have both used prescription fentanyl patches, etc.

I gave them both joint force and both swear it is better than the prescriptions they use and have stopped using the prescriptions. It is a spray that you spray on the joint and it contains a bunch of stuff...bAET, MSM, Zingerone, etc. Apparently it is the best thing for immediate pain relief. Will it fix your issue? No. Will it help, I bet it will.

My dad just started with Joint Support and Chiro Joints, but he is hesitant to take pills and I'm trying to get him over that. I've noticed he walks a little better, even though he is taking half the dose of each. Because my grandmother is on blood thinners, she can't take the boswellia..or at least I am hesitant to give it to her.
That awesome to hear!!!

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
M

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
E-Pharm Joint Force
SNS Joint Support XT
Antaeus Labs Achilles
PES GenoFlex (based on profile, I haven't gotten to crack my bottles open yet)
iForce Joint Help

All good, comprehensive formulas. For single ingredients....

Meriva Curcumin/Curcumin with Bioperine
SNS Cissus-XT
Fish Oil (6 grams)

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
The main thing is OP is that there are a few things you want from a joint supplement -

1) Pain relief and joint mobility - Getting rid of the aches is the marker we often use to determine whether or not a supplement of this nature works, it's not though by any means an indicator for this, but it is an important function of a joint based product - afterall, you want to be able to move freely as soon as possible (painkillers would work almost immediately but do zero for joint restoration and also be potentially harmful over long term use). In Joint Support XT we have NEM, Boswellia, & Paractin that all help reduce markers of pain. Moreover, this stuff has human evidence for efficacy in 7 days!

2) Reduction of prolonged inflammation - inflammation in small doses is good for healing, but if it is sustained for too long, it will actually begin to destroy joint tissue. Trust me when I say that untreated joint inflammation will haunt you in the latter stages of your life. Again almost the entire profile of Joint Support XT targets inflammation

On ParActin

Peroxisome Proliferator Activated Receptor gamma (PPARy) is the key regulator of the immune and inflammatory response. ParActin® was shown in low doses (25 to 30 mg) to stimulate immune response and at high doses (250 mg) to activate PPARy to promote healthy inflammatory response. When PPARy is activated, then NF-kappaB is inhibited. NF-kappaB, which regulates pro-inflammatory cytokines and pro-inflammatory mediators, is activated in asthma and rheumatoid synovium cells, for example. In vitro and in vivo research showed ParActin® inhibited NF-kB activity and reduced significantly the DNA binding of NF-kappaB.
On Boswellia

Gayathri et al.[57] in 2007 have reported that pure compound from Boswellia serrata extract exhibits antiinflammatory property in human peripheral blood mononuclear cells (PBMCs) and mouse macrophages through inhibition of tumor necrosis factor-alpha (TNF-alpha), interleukin-1beta (IL-1beta), NO and mitogen activated protein (MAP) kinases. Incensole acetate, a novel antiinflammatory compound isolated from Boswellia resin inhibits nuclear factor-kappa B activation[58]. Boswellic acids are direct 5-LO inhibitors that efficiently suppress 5-LO product synthesis in common in vitro test models. However, the pharmacological relevance of such interference in vivo seems questionable[59]. Acetyl-11-keto-β-boswellic acid inhibits prostate tumor growth by suppressing vascular endothelial growth factor receptor 2- mediated angiogenesis[60].
There is also synergy between Boswellia and Glucosamine in reducing markers of inflammation: http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0960894X07004544

You get the idea, this stuff works for inflammation.

3) Joint reformation and/ or prevention of joint destruction - You do need some long term trials to determine whether or not a supplement is capable of doing this, especially as some supplements work by reducing inflammation, you also potentially reduce future joint destruction to a marked degree. For instance, this has been said on Glucosamine, but bear in mind this can transfer to the whole profile of Joint Support XT:

Our results suggest that the long-term administration of daily oral glucosamine sulfate at the minimal dosage of 1500 mg during a minimal period of 3 year slows the degenerative process of the joint cartilage.
But this is under selling Joint Support XT, and I can't even tell you exactly how awesome this product is and how proud we are at SNS to have it in our line up. I would put it up against ANY joint product currently available and say it WILL out perform even the best of these.

That's not arrogance or a sales pitch, that's just plain confidence :D

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey is there anywhere i could buy some samples or a trial size bottle of genoflex, joint support xt or any of the other supps mention in here?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Hey is there anywhere i could buy some samples or a trial size bottle of genoflex, joint support xt or any of the other supps mention in here?
mw1

C

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Joint Help would be your best bet due to the inclusion of paractin for immediate pain relief, but i'd serious hope you are under physician management and treatment with all of those issues unless I am missing something in your post?

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Damn this reminded my I gotta try Joint Support XT. My elbows are ****ed. CIssus is the only thing that has helped me in the past.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Joint Help would be your best bet due to the inclusion of paractin for immediate pain relief, but i'd serious hope you are under physician management and treatment with all of those issues unless I am missing something in your post?
All injuries weren't acquired all at once. They were accumulative over 4 years of football. I have had all injuries diagnosed by doctors and have gone to physical therapy for shoulder rehab. I still rehab them every day. However i am not under any physician care for my shoulder injuries or on any medications. The reason why is all doctors were willing to prescribe medicatiosn for only a couple months but refused to continue and stated i need surgery. I do not have the funds for any additional doctors appointments(cost minimum $219 as i have REALLY BAD insurance) let alone surgery. So that were im at.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
All injuries weren't acquired all at once. They were accumulative over 4 years of football. I have had all injuries diagnosed by doctors and have gone to physical therapy for shoulder rehab. I still rehab them every day. However i am not under any physician care for my shoulder injuries or on any medications. The reason why is all doctors were willing to prescribe medicatiosn for only a couple months but refused to continue and stated i need surgery. I do not have the funds for any additional doctors appointments(cost minimum $219 as i have REALLY BAD insurance) let alone surgery. So that were im at.
Wow $219?? I pay $15 for a Doc visit haha

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wow $219?? I pay $15 for a Doc visit haha
Ya its ridiculous. It doesn't help that the medical rates where I'm at are outlandish!!!! That with bad insurance.