Hbcd vs Vitargo

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Which would you pick? I have used Vitargo in the past and I see hbcd now popping up more . Is it because the companies can't get a license for Vitargo so they Are using hbcd as a alternative .

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
HBCD keeps a sustained blood sugar and insulin levels unlike Vitargo

HBCD allows for slower osmolarity which in turn equates to faster gastric emptying and quicker absorption.

Vitargo is extremely expensive compared to HBCD or other carb products.

R

Rob1882

Awards
  • Established
Neither is cheap have not used Vitargo myself, but it is certainly a great option. It may have some popularity at the moment but neither is new and both have been around for while.

HBCD I have used a good bit of and I absolutely love it! I feel strongly it has increased the volume I put in and recovery.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQBrtIRfeOE

Interview with John on Training & Nutrition

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEoVxW-GAwU

John on his own formulation of Intra-MD and who it is meant for as well who it is not meant for

John Meadows has been talking about the benefits of HBCD for years and based Intra-MD off of Biotest's Plazma which uses HBCD and Peptopro

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
HBCD didn't sit well in my stomach. Could have been the flavor, IDK but it felt sickly.

Gatorade powder has been perfect for me. No bloat or stomach/digestion issues.

Both were/are mixed with 12g PeptoPro.

LLN

LLN

Awards
  • Established
More interested in the hbcd vs carb 10 comparison.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I'm on a keto anabolic diet so I wanted to know if taking any of these two count towards my 30 grams daily or not really . And do ether raise insulin?

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm on a keto anabolic diet so I wanted to know if taking any of these two count towards my 30 grams daily or not really . And do ether raise insulin?
Why would you not count any macro nutreitn towards your daily breakdown? Of course you count it.

And yes, both raise insulin, Vitargo more so than HBCD.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Iv seen some people not count there pre and mid workout shake on a ckd diet.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Might as well not count breakfast, lunch, dinner, or snacks then.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
If you aren't counting those carbs, then chances are you aren't getting into ketosis. 30g per day is a rough guideline, and that should be almost all fiber. Using carbs like Vitargo and HBCD will make it close to impossible to be in ketosis

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
The most I consume is from my macadamia nuts and Acocados. So I'm getting around 10-15 grams in a day

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Why even bother with a carb supplement intra if you're trying to do a ketogenic diet?

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
The most I consume is from my macadamia nuts and Acocados. So I'm getting around 10-15 grams in a day
So you aren't consuming any other carbs? No vegetables? No trace carbs in whey/casein protein? Those grams add up quickly man, and they can make or break a keto diet

Why even bother with a carb supplement intra if you're trying to do a ketogenic diet?
Agree 100% with this. The purpose of ketosis is to utilize fat as fuel, so carbs should not be part of the equation

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Nope. Not interested in a rep/fan p*ssing contest.

Just a single ingredient comparison on a scientific basis.
Both seem to have very low osmolarity allowing for greater gastric emptying and quicker nutrient absorption. Other than that, not sure what the differences would be.

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Nope. Not interested in a rep/fan p*ssing contest.

Just a single ingredient comparison on a scientific basis.
Without getting all sciencey on different carbs sources utilised pre or intra-workout, has there been an actual measurable difference in performance in different types you have tried (other than stomach discomfort/comfort)? I have never personally brought into the whole carbs intra-workout thing. or intra aminos either...

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I may get some and try 10 grams pre and 10 grams mid and take my gda with it and throw in 3 grams of hydromax and 3 grams of taurine. That should really get my veins hydrated 。

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
I LOVE HCBD, Vitagro does NOT sit well with me. It bloats me out and causes all types of discomfort while I am at the gym

HCBD digests great and I get a nice pump from it

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
and the problem with macro's continues

lol

LLN

LLN

Awards
  • Established
Both seem to have very low osmolarity allowing for greater gastric emptying and quicker nutrient absorption. Other than that, not sure what the differences would be.
Without getting all sciencey on different carbs sources utilised pre or intra-workout, has there been an actual measurable difference in performance in different types you have tried (other than stomach discomfort/comfort)? I have never personally brought into the whole carbs intra-workout thing. or intra aminos either...
We are on the same page gents, but I figured that if we were having the intellectual mast... debate over what would "theoretically be best under the correct demands" then we should have the discussion with the "latest generation technology" on the table.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
As far as keto + carbs, the actual answer is less black and white than most of the comments here seem to suggest and more of a, "it depends", answer

Can you take in carbs and stay in ketosis? Sure

If carbs are timed around workouts, does it help the chances of you staying in ketosis? Probably

Will *you* stay in ketosis if you take them? Beats me

money0351

money0351

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Why would you not count any macro nutreitn towards your daily breakdown? Of course you count it.

And yes, both raise insulin, Vitargo more so than HBCD.
carbohydrates consumed periworkout would absolutely be counted towards your daily intake. I couldn't imagine an instance where this wouldn't be the case.

And the benefits of using a supplement periworkout carb source with low osmolarity, as kbayne said, is the greater rate of gastric clearance. Just because it's a "supplement" does not mean that the pancreatic secretion of insulin would be any different in response to an increase in blood glucose

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
And what do you think of d ribose or peak atp instead ? This gets more costly I believe but looks like a good alternative maybe ?

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you are keto and looking for an intra workout energy source, why not give PAs ketone salts a go?

C

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Regardless of the difference, I would NEVER pay for Vitargo.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I liked Vitargo but I'm seeing what to go with .

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you like it, than use it

Problem solved

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Will be trying 4 grams of hydromax with 5 grams of hbc mid workout and Maybe peak atp for energy . I just ordered some hydro max blend so we will see how it goes

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Ordered some hbc will stat with 20 grams dribose pre and mid 10 grams .

B

Big Papi

Awards
  • Established

HBCD allows for slower osmolarity which in turn equates to faster gastric emptying and quicker absorption.

lol bruh.... c'mon

U

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

HBCD does not sustain blood sugar or insulin, its really not different from Maltodextrin in that regard.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
U

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
. Just because it's a "supplement" does not mean that the pancreatic secretion of insulin would be any different in response to an increase in blood glucose
correct....

It defies logic, it digests "super fast" but insulin response is somehow suppressed...

U

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Just going off what the data says.

I personally don't believe HBCD > any other carb intra carb source, unless one has GI distress.
Problem is the Data doesn't say that. HBCD own research shows insulin response equal to Malto.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So day two of dribose and my glucose levels drops each time I take it after I prick my finger. Very nice touch. Hard to tell if it's working but will keep using it till I run out.

B

Big Papi

Awards
  • Established
Just going off what the data says.

I personally don't believe HBCD > any other carb intra carb source, unless one has GI distress.
i know you're not the designated science guy, but c'mon mannnnn lol i still love you and the products you sell, doe

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Problem is the Data doesn't say that. HBCD own research shows insulin response equal to Malto.
So why is every company selling HBCD as their intra stating it releases a lower insulin response?

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
i know you're not the designated science guy, but c'mon mannnnn lol i still love you and the products you sell, doe
Not sure what you're getting at?

Admin

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
Don't understand why everyone is so concerned about "response" anyway. It should be overall load over time.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
your posts on this subject aren't the most informed
Honestly haven't looked too deep into intra carb sources and the differences between each.

If you'd like to enlighten me on your thoughts between HBCD and Vitargo, go right ahead.

B

Big Papi

Awards
  • Established
Honestly haven't looked too deep into intra carb sources and the differences between each.

If you'd like to enlighten me on your thoughts between HBCD and Vitargo, go right ahead.
you won't notice a difference between either of them

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I think Gaspari got Meadows good...
Gaspari is/was known for getting a lot of people good

Anyways, I've been using Karbolyn as my intra carb source. I have considered trying HBCD just to see if I would notice anything different but seems it may be a worthless test.