What's your favorite joint supp?

dontsweatme

dontsweatme

Awards
What are some of your favorite joint supps and why?

Not taking one currently. I've taken various glucosamine chondroitin msm complexes before. Last took gnc triflex sport.

Hoping there's something better out there I don't know about.

Thanks!!!

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Cissus XT and Joint Support XT have worked wonders for me.

I've heard good things about Genoflex, and was also very impressed by Scivation's new one when I ran a beta test.

You will find both Cissus XT and Joint Support XT very affordable as well.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
You've been using some poor options, compared to what is available now.

Look into PEScience GenoFlex,
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1457200422.547236.jpg

The ApresFlex will give immediate relief, as well as ongoing. The rest of the formula will make your joints improve over time, and even synthesize new collagen

Cissus write up: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/277596-exploring-cissus-quadrangularis.html

Apresflex write up: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/pes/278254-apresflex-next-gen.html

Why we didn't include Glucosamine and Chondroitin: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/276818-massive-glucosamine-chondroitin.html

dontsweatme

dontsweatme

Awards
Thank You! I will check those thinks out!

I've been taking PES High Volume for a while and I really like it. About a week ago I started a new stack with a lot of PES products (Norcodrene, ErasePro, Alphamine & TruZMA).

I like what I've read and experienced with PES products so far so I'll likely give the GenoFlex a try.

Thanks Again!

C

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Glad to hear you are becoming a fan!

Easy to happen once you give the products an honest try, they work.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

I've been taking PES High Volume for a while and I really like it. About a week ago I started a new stack with a lot of PES products (Norcodrene, ErasePro, Alphamine & TruZMA).

I like what I've read and experienced with PES products so far so I'll likely give the GenoFlex a try.

Thanks Again!

C
mw1 might be able to get you a trial size bottle of SNS Joint Support XT.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I got to beta test the scivation joint product flexatril and it was a miracle

I went from not being able to grip a bar to squat with bad elbow pain to squatting 315 for reps with 0 pain

No sides after I got off the product as well. Animal flex and USP labs supercissus were good alternatives

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Thanks Again!

C
You won't be disappointed! I was having serious shoulder issues on my left side and had started to become limited in what I could do and how often I could do it. I've only been using GenoFlex for a few weeks now and have no pain in my shoulder and have increased intensity and frequency.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Can't beat joint support xt by sns or achilles by anateaus labs!

dontsweatme

dontsweatme

Awards
I got to beta test the scivation joint product flexatril and it was a miracle

I went from not being able to grip a bar to squat with bad elbow pain to squatting 315 for reps with 0 pain

No sides after I got off the product as well. Animal flex and USP labs supercissus were good alternatives
Thanks! I haven't looked at any of these options but I'll give them a look. I'm curious to see how similar the ingredients are between the options everyone's recommended so far. Looks like some of them have been on the market longer than GenoFlex as well. With that being said I am a big fan of PES products so far.

rhoadx

Awards
  • Established
Joint support xt by SNS has been unbelievably helpful for me. By far the best joint supplement I've ever taken, I mean BY FAR!!! I just added cissus to it and my knees are feeling better than they have in a long time.

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You've been using some poor options, compared to what is available now.

Look into PEScience GenoFlex,

Apresflex write up: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/pes/278254-apresflex-next-gen.html

Why we didn't include Glucosamine and Chondroitin: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplements/276818-massive-glucosamine-chondroitin.html
I'm curious, the main reason you DIDN'T include glucosamine and chondroitin is because they are primarily studied in osteoarthritis patients.

A decent argument.

Yet strangely, every single human study posted in your ApresFlex writeup is ALSO in osteoarthritis patients.

Care to explain why osteoarthritis patients getting relief from Boswellia is valid, but osteoarthritis patients getting relief from Glucosamine or Chondroitin is not?

--

I also submit for your review:

"If you increase a car's efficiency from 40mpg to 42mpg, you can accurately say that its efficiency has improved. But is it really notable?" - Sol Orwell, Examine.com, 2012

"If you increase a car's efficiency from 35mpg to 38mpg, you can say that its efficiency has improved. But will you really notice a difference?" - PES Genoflex writeup 2016

dixonk

dixonk

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I have been taking PES Genoflex a couple weeks now and it is fantastic. I have not had any pain since taking it and effects can be felt almost immediately. Before my shoulders, knees, elbows, and hips would hurt more than I could even allow my muscles to get. Now I am lifting heavier and recovering better not having to worry about joint pain.

mad dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Achilles works wonders and has always been my staple but Joint Support XT has surpassed it....have cissus I need to add in....

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have been taking PES Genoflex a couple weeks now and it is fantastic. I have not had any pain since taking it and effects can be felt almost immediately. Before my shoulders, knees, elbows, and hips would hurt more than I could even allow my muscles to get. Now I am lifting heavier and recovering better not having to worry about joint pain.
I'm glad that it's working so well for you. We appreciate the great feedback!

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wait a minute... My girlfriend took Genoflex and yes her knees feel better but the real issue is her gas mileage didn't improve. This is horse ****!

LEATHERFACE

Awards
the guys from PES are acting like they are changing the game with their joint supplement, we are in 2016 and their product is cissus + boswellia + passion fruit extract LOL

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm curious, the main reason you DIDN'T include glucosamine and chondroitin is because they are primarily studied in osteoarthritis patients.

A decent argument.

Yet strangely, every single human study posted in your ApresFlex writeup is ALSO in osteoarthritis patients.

Care to explain why osteoarthritis patients getting relief from Boswellia is valid, but osteoarthritis patients getting relief from Glucosamine or Chondroitin is not?

--

"If you increase a car's efficiency from 40mpg to 42mpg, you can accurately say that its efficiency has improved. But is it really notable?" - Sol Orwell, Examine.com, 2012

"If you increase a car's efficiency from 35mpg to 38mpg, you can say that its efficiency has improved. But will you really notice a difference?" - PES Genoflex writeup 2016
Glucosamine does have some research showing it can improve knee flexion and extension in competitive athletes following acute knee injury at 28 days, but not 7, 14, or 21 days.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

A decent argument.

--

That's weird. It's almost like they copied Examine.com exactly except changed the mpg.
No, the main reason we didn't include glucosamine and chondroitin was because the data on them is underwhelming, even in trials with a longer duration. Boswellia shows better results in shorter trials.

Glucosamine and chondroitin combination showing "beneficial but not significant trends" for improvement over two years in subjects with knee osteoarthritis; http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20525840

Meta-analysis on chondroitin for osteoarthritis of the knee and hip; "the symptomatic benefit of chondroitin is minimal or nonexistent. Use of chondroitin in routine clinical practice should therefore be discouraged." http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17438317

Regarding the quote, I messaged and asked Sol if we could quote him and he said he would prefer not to as it would come across as him aligning himself with a brand which goes against the Examine.com ideology so we modified the quote and removed his name as it is a concise analogy to summarise the research. You are making it sound like there is drama when there is zero lol.

I appreciate we sell a competing product but this trend of SNS reps trying to nitpick other company's products is tiresome. Imagine the laundry list of criticisms we would all come up with if we went over your current product line.

We will continue to focus on our own products rather than other company's. If you want to argue about it please feel free to do so or send me a PM but our rep team won't be engaging in any petty back and forth. :)

This is awesome and I am glad to hear it. I am in a similar boat and am currently on the most intense leg regime that I have been able to do in over a year. :)

Wait a minute... My girlfriend took Genoflex and yes her knees feel better but the real issue is her gas mileage didn't improve. This is horse ****!
I am glad to hear she has noticed improvements. I hope your post surgery recovery is going well. :)

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am glad to hear she has noticed improvements. I hope your post surgery recovery is going well. :)
She's really enjoyed it. Night and day difference and it's helped her a lot. I have a final review on my to do list after I finish my case analysis due tonight

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
the guys from PES are acting like they are changing the game with their joint supplement, we are in 2016 and their product is cissus + boswellia + passion fruit extract LOL
Right, cissus and boswellia (generally speaking, not necessarily extract specific) are in a fair amount of joint products.

However, normally multi ingredient formulas which contain cissus quadrangularis tend to contain a low amount. Here are some comparisons of varying extracts which are all taken from the largest online bodybuilding supplement retailer which we all know;
- Product one, standalone cissus product 2,000mg per day daily dose
- Product two, 800mg per daily dose
- Product three, unspecified amount in a propriety blend of up to a maximum of 575mg per daily dose

GenoFlex is 2,900mg of cissus quadrangularis per daily dose which is right up there with the maximum doses of most stand alone cissus quadrangularis products let alone multi ingredient formulas.

We are confident in the product and the results you can expect to achieve from it. :)

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Can't we all just get along like X-Gels and ABE?

Or peanut butter crunch and my belly?

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
She's really enjoyed it. Night and day difference and it's helped her a lot. I have a final review on my to do list after I finish my case analysis due tonight
Awesome.

Look forward to reading it. :)

dontsweatme

dontsweatme

Awards
Can't we all just get along like X-Gels and ABE?

Or peanut butter crunch and my belly?
No kidding...didn't know my questions was going to start all this but I appreciate all the feedback nonetheless!

I just want my knees, shoulders and elbows to feel the best possible...

Will give all products suggested a look and let you know what I decide and how I like it!

Thank You All!!!

Gwyndane

Awards
Good Form XT.

Just 1 serving intra workout did wonders for me.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
No kidding...didn't know my questions was going to start all this but I appreciate all the feedback nonetheless!

I just want my knees, shoulders and elbows to feel the best possible...

Will give all products suggested a look and let you know what I decide and how I like it!

Thank You All!!!
Are you in America?

If you are happy to leave us an honest review I will send you a free bottle of GenoFlex and you can see why we are so confident in it. :)

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I havent had a need for a joint supplement myself for a long time, but I recently gave my Granddad amd Nana 2 bottles each of Joint Support XT and both rave about how well, and how quickly it works for their various aches and joint pains.

So much so that my Granddad has told his pharmacy to start stocking it haha.

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No, the main reason we didn't include glucosamine and chondroitin was because the data on them is underwhelming, even in trials with a longer duration. Boswellia shows better results in shorter trials.

Glucosamine and chondroitin combination showing "beneficial but not significant trends" for improvement over two years in subjects with knee osteoarthritis; http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20525840

Meta-analysis on chondroitin for osteoarthritis of the knee and hip; "the symptomatic benefit of chondroitin is minimal or nonexistent. Use of chondroitin in routine clinical practice should therefore be discouraged." http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17438317

Regarding the quote, I messaged and asked Sol if we could quote him and he said he would prefer not to as it would come across as him aligning himself with a brand which goes against the Examine.com ideology so we modified the quote and removed his name as it is a concise analogy to summarise the research. You are making it sound like there is drama when there is zero lol.

I appreciate we sell a competing product but this trend of SNS reps trying to nitpick other company's products is tiresome. Imagine the laundry list of criticisms we would all come up with if we went over your current product line.

We will continue to focus on our own products rather than other company's. If you want to argue about it please feel free to do so or send me a PM but our rep team won't be engaging in any petty back and forth. :)
I nitpick everyone, including SNS, really most heavily SNS (ask Steve or Mike :p)

I'm perfectly fine with you not using glucosamine or chondroitin, they're 'last generation' ingredients that require big doses to see moderate benefits. That's a perfectly reasonable argument, but it's not the argument that was made in the glucosamine/chondroitin thread.

The main argument made about it in the 'glucosamine and chondroitin scam' thread was about osteoarthritis, as if that's somehow a bad thing, and the main points *for* boswellia are also in osteoarthritis, painted as a good thing.

I think we could both agree that when your company reps label everybody else in the industry scammers for selling chondroitin and glucosamine, I am pretty entitled to respond by pointing out inconsistencies in the arguments made, right? If it's fair of your company to take that stance, I don't think it's unfair of me to argue it?

--

Genoflex is a good product, Cissus is great, ApresFlex is great (I happen to think our extract is better, but both have multiple studies backing them as effective), and while limited data exists, Passion Fruit is certainly a potentially promising ingredient that hopefully plays out with more data in the future.

I think we would both also agree that *most* joint products on the market are awful, and that either GenoFlex or Joint Support XT are dramatically better than most product offerings out there.

--

One other last thing I've said before, it might seem like I unfairly nitpick PES as opposed to a lot of other brands.

Really though, I only nitpick brands that are even worth nitpicking. I don't feel like getting infracted for dumpstering other joint products, but lets be honest, most of what's on the market is completely useless garbage.

I think highly of you and your brand, and I enjoy engaging conversation about products, ingredients, and their relative merits. I welcome your critique of SNS products, particularly those I think highly of, because I think that none of us should live in an echo chamber of sales-positive reinforcement. The sales-positive echo chamber on most supplement forums is in my opinion ultimately toxic to the industry long-term.

I don't think anybody can truly understand or appreciate the merits of anything without at the very least considering and thinking on opposing viewpoints. And those discussions need not be negative or destructive in nature, nor do I think SNS, PES, or anybody else should shy away from those discussions.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I nitpick everyone, including SNS, really most heavily SNS (ask Steve or Mike :p)

I'm perfectly fine with you not using glucosamine or chondroitin, they're 'last generation' ingredients that require big doses to see moderate benefits. That's a perfectly reasonable argument, but it's not the argument that was made in the glucosamine/chondroitin thread.

The main argument made about it in the 'glucosamine and chondroitin scam' thread was about osteoarthritis, as if that's somehow a bad thing, and the main points *for* boswellia are also in osteoarthritis, painted as a good thing.

I think we could both agree that when your company reps label everybody else in the industry scammers for selling chondroitin and glucosamine, I am pretty entitled to respond by pointing out inconsistencies in the arguments made, right? If it's fair of your company to take that stance, I don't think it's unfair of me to argue it?

--

Genoflex is a good product, Cissus is great, ApresFlex is great (I happen to think our extract is better, but both have multiple studies backing them as effective), and while limited data exists, Passion Fruit is certainly a potentially promising ingredient that hopefully plays out with more data in the future.

I think we would both also agree that *most* joint products on the market are awful, and that either GenoFlex or Joint Support XT are dramatically better than most product offerings out there.

--

One other last thing I've said before, it might seem like I unfairly nitpick PES as opposed to a lot of other brands.

Really though, I only nitpick brands that are even worth nitpicking. I don't feel like getting infracted for dumpstering other joint products, but lets be honest, most of what's on the market is completely useless garbage.

I think highly of you and your brand, and I enjoy engaging conversation about products, ingredients, and their relative merits. I welcome your critique of SNS products, particularly those I think highly of, because I think that none of us should live in an echo chamber of sales-positive reinforcement. The sales-positive echo chamber on most supplement forums is in my opinion ultimately toxic to the industry long-term.

I don't think anybody can truly understand or appreciate the merits of anything without at the very least considering and thinking on opposing viewpoints. And those discussions need not be negative or destructive in nature, nor do I think SNS, PES, or anybody else should shy away from those discussions.
I can confirm the first statement to be true :D

But I also think the other points have merit, especially considering our own product - and calling people scammers, or those ingredients in particular - will surely open yourself up also for criticism in return.

As always, we welcome feedback :)

bashar

bashar

Awards
  • Established
My joints were hurting to the point that it was effecting my training. Tried so many, animal flex was Ok, but nothing really worked. Just got PES genoflex, this stuff works like magic, pain has disappeared, I can now concentrate on my bench press instead of my joints. Very highly recommended.

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
Chalk another one up for GenoFlex. I've tried glucosamine and chondroitin, msm, hyaluronic acid, super cissus, etc. I'm a half bottle into GenoFlex and am blown away by how effective it is.

mad dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Immediate pain relief is nice but long term healing properties are what I want.....

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Chalk another one up for GenoFlex. I've tried glucosamine and chondroitin, msm, hyaluronic acid, super cissus, etc. I'm a half bottle into GenoFlex and am blown away by how effective it is.
Boswellia is amazing for what it is and how it works.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm not using a joint supplement ATM (although I am planning on taking one when I ramp up my training frequency again for the occasional shoulder/knee aches/soreness I sometimes get), but I've been doing a lot of research on joint supplements for horses (which unfortunately- or fortunately because I've learned a bit- involves quite a lot of extrapolating and converting from human and animal studies), and properly standardized boswellia seems like a very promising ingredient for joint support.

It may be worth noting that (in rats) boswellic acids and glucosamine may be synergistic;
Boswellic acids and glucosamine show synergistic effect in preclinical anti-inflammatory study in rats.
The study found that a combination of human equivalents of ~1200mg glucosamine and ~42mg AKBA showed greater anti-arthritic activity than either ~2.4g glucosamine equivalent or ~84mg AKBA equivalent in isolation.

As for human studies, it also seems that the higher dose was more effective than the lower dose, although both were effective.
at the end of the study we found that the total number of participants requesting rescue medication was 16.7% and 72.2% higher in the placebo group than in the groups receiving 100 mg and 250 mg 5-Loxin®, respectively.
It's been mentioned already, but boswellia does seem to take much less time for effects to be noted than glucosamine does. Pycnogenol also seems to take 8-12 weeks to show benefit in arthritis.
An important observation in the present study is that 250 mg/day 5-Loxin® had a significant effect in lowering VAS score by 12.18% (P = 0.02) and WOMAC function score by 14.38% (P < 0.01) in OA patients as early as 7 days after the start of treatment. These findings therefore indicate that 5-Loxin® confers prompt and significant pain relief and improvement in physical ability in OA patients. Existing information reveals that glucosamine usually takes 6 weeks to achieve significant beneficial effect in terms of pain relief in OA.
I'd take boswellia over glucosamine, but, if cost is not an issue, I guess I'd still rather have both, but cost (and serving size, especially for caps), is an issue for most people.

For what it's worth, spirulina also has some promising animal research in regards to arthritis (as well as quite a few nice studies showing other benefits in humans), so that may be worth adding as well.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Immediate pain relief is nice but long term healing properties are what I want.....
This is why we included Passion Fruit Extract.

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
I take Cissus XT and the girlfriend takes joint support XT. Apparently Scivation's new one is e****lent as well

compan

compan

Awards
IFN Joint Help and Animal Flex are two products that I've used and liked. Big fan of the cissus in Joint Help. I'll second the Boswelia recommendation too. I typically use it for colitis related symptoms, but it is a great natural anti-inflammatory that would serve that purpose well in the right dose.

youngbrah

Awards
Supplementing with mobility/rehab exercises and training with good form is the best!

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

100% the truth. There are some formulas we dread sending to him. But his nitpicking keeps our formulation process in balance. :)

cobri66

cobri66

Awards
Formutech's Flexible is solid..glucosamine..chondroitan..msm..hyaluronic acid..cissus...works great for this old dude

Zman68

Zman68

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I posted this elsewhere but Genoflex is treating me quite well in the less than 2 weeks that I have been taking it. Definitely will be getting more when I am done with the bottle. I highly recommend it.

cokeholio

cokeholio

Awards
  • Established
Orange triad multi has a decent joint support kill 2 birds