Natural supp for anxiety, stress and better sleep quality.

RatnikK

RatnikK

Awards
What is up just wondering if anyone knows some supplements that are good for anxiety, reduced stress and better sleep quality something that's been clinically proven to work.

andrewski48

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Melatonin is an obvious one for helping with sleep. Recently I have started taking Ashwagandha, KSM-66 and I believe this has helped me with stress/sleep more than any single ingredient I have taken. I work weekly rotating shifts and have always had a problem with sleep and am in a fairly stressful career so I have experimented with many different products for sleep.

RatnikK

RatnikK

Awards
I l defiantly check out those products thanks bro .

RatnikK

RatnikK

Awards
Wow that ashwaganda ksm 66 looks impressive, it reduces stress , anxiety and helps with muscle building aswell iam gonna defiantly try that stuff out .

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Wow that ashwaganda ksm 66 looks impressive, it reduces stress , anxiety and helps with muscle building aswell iam gonna defiantly try that stuff out .
KSM-66 is fantastic, it definitely helps relieve anxiety and lower stress. The best part is that its very inexpensive. I highly recommend KSM-66

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Relora would be tops for what you are looking for all together. Personally, I think adaptogens are great overall for stress reduction and manageability, but not always the best for sleep improvement. My list in order would be:

Relora
l-theanine
kava kava
gaba- they claim this does not pass the BBB well, but try taking it and tell me it does not relax you. I cannot take during the day, but know many people that do.
Ashwagandha

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
My cheap sleep aids are: 1g GABA, 50-100mg 5-HTP, 50-100mg L-Theanine, 2.5mg Melatonin, and 3 Caps ZMA.

Rhodiola and Ashwaghanda (KSM or Sensoril) during the day as a staple.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Relora would be tops for what you are looking for all together. Personally, I think adaptogens are great overall for stress reduction and manageability, but not always the best for sleep improvement. My list in order would be:

Relora
l-theanine
kava kava
gaba- they claim this does not pass the BBB well, but try taking it and tell me it does not relax you. I cannot take during the day, but know many people that do.
Ashwagandha
What's your opinion on Valerian Root?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I love it, but the only issue I have with it personally is that it tends to make me groggy the next morning. I don't know if it is best for overall stress reduction as I see it more as a sleep aid. Others may not be sensitive to it.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Relora
l-theanine
kava kava
Ashwagandha
My cheap sleep aids are: 1g GABA, 50-100mg 5-HTP, 50-100mg L-Theanine, 2.5mg Melatonin, and 3 Caps ZMA.

Rhodiola and Ashwaghanda (KSM or Sensoril) during the day as a staple.
These two statements are pretty definitive, IMO.

I agree on the GABA too - maybe it doesn't cross the BBB, but it's proven itself to me as being very, very effective. Personally, I've played with doses from 500 mg to 20 grams and I can tell you that I'm glad I did this - 2 grams give or take seems to produce the most deep and lasting sleep. Honestly, for sleep, ZMA and GABA is an effective stack in a lot of situations.

Not sure it fits your "natural" criteria, but oleamide has also given me some sleep improvement. It does leave me very slightly groggy the next day, but it also leaves me with an improved mood the following day, especially if I get creative with how I get it into my system.

Ct03

Awards
I have to throw in magnesium also. I prefer Mag Glycinate. Also on board with the above for L-theanine and GABA. As someone who had suffered from anxiety and panic attacks, Mag and L-theanine were indispensable. Got off the nasty scripts with these.

jaces

jaces

Awards
500mg L-theanine before bed, st. johns wort,lavander spray on your pillow(aromatherapy) ...and less caffeine.. and then if you have some rooibos tea it will help but then you will need iron supplements

Robert5891

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
iForce out cold is an option that includes 5-HTP and L-Dopa

You coul also look into ZMA, phenibut, theanine, or GABA.

natpwr79

Awards
The first question I would ask you is what supplements are you currently taking? Is it possible that something you are taking is causing your problems? Second, how old are you? Last, how long has this been going on? Sometimes seasonal affect disorder is to blame. When the seasons change(winter), I take 5,000 units of vitamin d per day, and St. John's wort. These two, combined with uv spectrum light therapy(i.e. happy light) have worked well for me. As for isolated anxiety episodes, kava kava root extract is fantastic! The first time I took it I felt like I was stoned/drunk, but clear in thought.....very relaxed. If this doesn't work, schiff makes a sleep aid called knock out, need I say more.

RatnikK

RatnikK

Awards
Iam only taking zoloft right now for anxiety , I have been on it for almost a month and there is some improvement this Friday I gotta see my doc again and get more but iam not sure if he is gonna increase my dose from 50mg to 100mg .But I wanna add some natural supplements aswell to get better faster results .

RatnikK

RatnikK

Awards
Oh yea and iam 30 by the way , I will be 31 April 9th.

Dirty Dan

Dirty Dan

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I don't know about clinically proven, but I have noticed great results with reducing anxiety, improving my quality of sleep, and reducing stress by using Phenibut-XT from SNS.

I definitely would not recommend using it as an every day supplement. It has been said you can develop a dependency to it, along with quickly building up a tolerance to Phenibut.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
KSM-66
Passion Flower
L-theanine
Magnesium
Agmatine

TyMan14

TyMan14

Awards
  • Established
Phenibut has been a godsend for anxiety for me. I work the membership office for a gym and I get anxious all the time when I'm dealing with some people or sometimes even when I'm making phone calls. Taking 1g or so of Phenibut before my shift or before going out in social settings is AMAZING. I use it 3-4 days a week max and I never have built a tolerance. I used to use it every day and never got the addiction/withdraw feeling people talk about, but I can't recommend you try it every day. Try using it a few times a week and see how you feel. It's definitely the best that I have found.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
have you tried out Somatomax yet?

1 scoop has immediate and intense effects.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Phenibut has been a godsend for anxiety for me. I work the membership office for a gym and I get anxious all the time when I'm dealing with some people or sometimes even when I'm making phone calls. Taking 1g or so of Phenibut before my shift or before going out in social settings is AMAZING. I use it 3-4 days a week max and I never have built a tolerance. I used to use it every day and never got the addiction/withdraw feeling people talk about, but I can't recommend you try it every day. Try using it a few times a week and see how you feel. It's definitely the best that I have found.
I was thinking of this - but I'm not sure if it qualifies as "natural". The addiction angle is over played by many, but exists and if you're susceptible then you don't want to make a mistake with it. The stuff definitely works, and it's long lasting. I take it before sleep, get the best sleep ever, and experience improved mood for up to 2 days after.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was thinking of this - but I'm not sure if it qualifies as "natural". The addiction angle is over played by many, but exists and if you're susceptible then you don't want to make a mistake with it. The stuff definitely works, and it's long lasting. I take it before sleep, get the best sleep ever, and experience improved mood for up to 2 days after.
as with many ingredients that actually work, if you take too much or abuse it...it's not a good idea.

Phenibut works and it works VERY well. Just don't take it every single night and you're good to go.

Large dose is found in Somatomax, I have been dosing 1 scoop 3-4x/week and have no issues on nights I don't take it.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Always been scared of Phenibut but I'm tempted to try some now....good thread.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
just dont take too much(start small and work up). I took too much not too long ago, and the effects are pretty crazy

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What is too much? I've never gone over 4,000 mgs. Usually dose 3,000mg, but have been able to feel it at one gram and haved used 500mg for sleep. Though I don't personally feel 500mg working.

The higher doses I take before going out for a night on the town. I've been alcohol free for four years now, and Phenibut makes it so I dont even realise everyone else is drinking around me. It reduces all social anxiety of beeing out, and not getting **** faced, while providing me the feel good of being out. I usually stack with a good stim and some canibus.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
1g agmatine with zma is what ive been doing lately...

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
My personal favourite concoction:

L-Ornithine
Ashwagandha
ZMA

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
as with many ingredients that actually work, if you take too much or abuse it...it's not a good idea.

Phenibut works and it works VERY well. Just don't take it every single night and you're good to go.

Large dose is found in Somatomax, I have been dosing 1 scoop 3-4x/week and have no issues on nights I don't take it.
I agree. I've used Ronnie Coleman's Resurrect, and now I've been using Revivarant G - which is way better. 1 full scoop actually works so well it's unbelievable, but I wake up in the morning and have to consciously get out of bed and I am dizzy for just a little while. It isn't like I can't get out of bed, just have to make myself get up - it's so easy to fall back asleep, and the dizziness isn't totally unpleasant nor pleasant, but it's usually gone by the time I get showered and dressed - then I feel great all day.

1/3 or 1/2 scoop of Revivarant G isn't quite as powerful, but no dizziness when I wake up and I still feel happy the next day.

I've been looking at Somatomax, it seems very similar to Revivarant G and is on my list to try.

The 3OH in growth factor is great. Pm me your shippibg info and i will send you a sample pack of Growth factor xt and Phenibut xt
This is an awesome offer right here.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

What is too much? I've never gone over 4,000 mgs. Usually dose 3,000mg, but have been able to feel it at one gram and haved used 500mg for sleep. Though I don't personally feel 500mg working.

The higher doses I take before going out for a night on the town. I've been alcohol free for four years now, and Phenibut makes it so I dont even realise everyone else is drinking around me. It reduces all social anxiety of beeing out, and not getting **** faced, while providing me the feel good of being out. I usually stack with a good stim and some canibus.
I'd say over 2g and you are flirting with the dark side. If you can keep it to infrequent use at that dose, you'd be fine, but all of the addiction stories seem to start with 3+ gram doses. 3-4 grams isn't totally scary, but that's where it seems to start. Since addiction builds so quickly, if you're at 4 grams, soon you'll need 5, then 7, then 10 and so on.

mcc23

Awards
  • Established
Agmatine works almost immediately for me for my anxiety

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'd say over 2g and you are flirting with the dark side. If you can keep it to infrequent use at that dose, you'd be fine, but all of the addiction stories seem to start with 3+ gram doses. 3-4 grams isn't totally scary, but that's where it seems to start. Since addiction builds so quickly, if you're at 4 grams, soon you'll need 5, then 7, then 10 and so on.
I agree 3g should be the limit for occasional use.

jamesrick80

Awards
L theanine 200 mg with 100 mg of caffeine...perfect combo for anxiety

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
using caffeine to reduce anxiety seems a bit off to me personally

anab0lix

anab0lix

Awards
  • Established
Try picking up some picamilon from lockout if they still have it. I just picked up several bottles for emergency use.

They have the best price for it right now.

RatnikK

RatnikK

Awards
The 3OH in growth factor is great. Pm me your shippibg info and i will send you a sample pack of Growth factor xt and Phenibut xt
Hey my shipping info is:
Canada ,Alberta
134 Muirfield Blvd , Lyalta
t0j 1y1

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
3 grams may be high, but use phenibut only a handful of times a month. Usually 1-3 times depending on how social my weekends are, and probably 500mgs once or twice a month for sleep. I did however use phenibut between 2-3 grams for 5 days when I was at Bonaroo. 2xpected withdrawal but had no I'll effects after discontinuation.

Otherwise I take Swansons Sleep essentials, sometimes with agmatine, l theanine, and beef gelatin.

However that combo plus phenibut and/or Benadryl have not put me to sleep before but my sleep has been an ongoing issue. In 2011 I was prescribed both Lunesta and trazadone for sleep and both were only mildly effective.

My sleep is much better these days after sorting out my hormones.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I guess I just don't respond well to Phenibut because I feel groggy & hungover the next day. Not worth it to me. I have had far better success with the combination I posted earlier. I do appreciate Kratom though and feel it is superior to Phenibut.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh dude, phenibut was easily the worst **** I've ever taken. That stuff blows.

Cutty636

Cutty636

Awards
I'm not sure about natural¿ but I'm taking this and really enjoying it. Antaeus Labs Oneiromancer. Nice dreaming.

sprintsss

Banned
Awards
1 gram of L-Theanine greatly reduces to the point of no anxiety for me.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wow, one 250mg cap of Phenibut XT is plenty for me!

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
1 gram of L-Theanine greatly reduces to the point of no anxiety for me.
A gram of l-theanine? That seems way high. I only use 100 mg 1 to 2 times a day. Should I experiment with higher doses?

What doses are others in this thread using?