Best Nutrient Partitioning Supplement

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Hi all

What would the best supplement be to help build lean muscle mass when i go back to eating carbohydrates for my lean bulk, I am currently cutting on a ketogenic diet which i plan to continue with for another 9 weeks before lean bulking maybe by carb backloading.

How does NEED2SLIN rate as an insulin sensitivity / nutrient repartioning product.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Have you checked out SlinMax yet? There were a ton for logs ran in December. Most users noted increased muscle fullness, increased pumps, and reduced bloating after high carb meals.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Squats

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I've never personally used Need2Slin, but I've used many different GDA products.

There are some key ingredients you want to be looking for in a GDA/nutrient partitioning product -

R-Ala or Na-R-Ala - antioxidant that can reduce blood sugar and improve glycogen storage
Berberine - activates AMPK which improves insulin sensitivity and glucose transport
Agmatine - improves glucose uptake and insulin sensitivity in muscle cells
Gymnema Sylvestra - supports insulin production

There are obviously more ingredients that can help, but these four are great ingredients to look for in a GDA product. That being said, these are my top favorites:

Burn 24 - Omega Sports
SlinMax - Performax Labs
Slintensity - Evomuse
Slinsane - Genomyx

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
I've never personally used Need2Slin, but I've used many different GDA products.

There are some key ingredients you want to be looking for in a GDA/nutrient partitioning product -

R-Ala or Na-R-Ala - antioxidant that can reduce blood sugar and improve glycogen storage
Berberine - activates AMPK which improves insulin sensitivity and glucose transport

There are obviously more ingredients that can help, but these four are great ingredients to look for in a GDA product. That being said, these are my top favorites:

Burn 24 - Omega Sports
SlinMax - Performax Labs
Slintensity - Evomuse
Slinsane - Genomyx
John pretty much summed it up there .
Burn 24 and slinmax would be my go to's
. Berberine is good for cholesterol lowering and anti-inflammatory properties. Trigonella Seed Isolate comes from Fenugreek a plant used in testosterone boosters and libido enhancement.Banaba has corosolic acid which is the primary compound responsible for the improvement in glucose management. Imho both are great .

Chefdeez

Chefdeez

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've used so many of these types of products and find them vastly overrated. The best partitioner is exercise and nutrient timing. It all comes down to diet. A supplement isn't going to partition food to muscle.

carmaf

carmaf

Awards
  • Established
I've used so many of these types of products and find them vastly overrated. The best partitioner is exercise and nutrient timing. It all comes down to diet. A supplement isn't going to partition food to muscle.
That may be true for you, but Burn24 worked wonders for me. I don't know if it partitioned food to my muscles or not, but in terms of "burning" fat, it was the probably best supplement I've ever used.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I do agree that nutrient timing plays a big role, but there are products that can help control insulin sensitivity and glycogen storage. That doesn't mean you can eat crap, but by adding in a GDA your body can use the carbs and nutrients better. I always get a much better pump in the gym while using a GDA, and I always notice that I don't get nearly as bloated after a high carb/refeed meal.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
currently using slintensity but I only use it 1 meal per day so it's been tough to judge on how "good" it is.....what I will say is I did a pizza tour a few weeks ago stopping at 7 different pizza places, I used 2 caps of slintensity spaced out and it treated me nicely

carmaf

carmaf

Awards
  • Established
I do agree that nutrient timing plays a big role, but there are products that can help control insulin sensitivity and glycogen storage. That doesn't mean you can eat crap, but by adding in a GDA your body can use the carbs and nutrients better. I always get a much better pump in the gym while using a GDA, and I always notice that I don't get nearly as bloated after a high carb/refeed meal.
Yeah I don't eat junk, I was using it with my already clean diet just to see why it was so highly regarded. It is legit. I don't know how it works, but it did. I think that's bc my insulin sensitivity was messed to begin with, but I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth.

I'll be putting up a full review in my log tonight or tomorrow, but it also has its downsides. I don't know if that Berberine AMPK thing has anything to do with it, but I definitely noticed I didn't make the same kind of strength gains while on it. That could also be bc it did make me a lot more weak and tired overall, due to the fact that I had to take a lot of unnecessary naps after meals. Still, the fat came off like nothing.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Yeah I don't eat junk, I was using it with my already clean diet just to see why it was so highly regarded. It is legit. I don't know how it works, but it did. I think that's bc my insulin sensitivity was messed to begin with, but I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth.

I'll be putting up a full review in my log tonight or tomorrow, but it also has its downsides. I don't know if that Berberine AMPK thing has anything to do with it, but I definitely noticed I didn't make the same kind of strength gains while on it. That could also be bc it did make me a lot more weak and tired overall, due to the fact that I had to take a lot of unnecessary naps after meals. Still, the fat came off like nothing.
100% agreed. Laughing at your naps comment too, I always ended up taking naps after my meals when using Burn24! My guess was that it was a blood sugar thing, but I would crush a glorious 45 minute nap and feel incredible haha

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Burn 24 - Omega Sports
SlinMax - Performax Labs
Slintensity - Evomuse
Slinsane - Genomyx
Very good post . I would also add SNS Glycophase to this list.

Personaly, my favourite Nutrition Partitioning supplement is Indigo-3G by Biotest. It is solid dose of Cyanidin-3-Glucoside (600mg each serving) and its working wonders! Without it , my stomach gets bloated.
Some would say its expencive but is it? Swanson is selling C3G from Chormadex and believe me, if you take 600mg daily, ot would be even more expencive

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I've used pretty much the gamut of these types...

for a comprehensive supp - anabeta elite (I suggest pairing it with xgels for just the extra synergy and muscle gain) or magnitropin both treat me very well.

for strictly more GDA type - SNS glycophase (probably the cheapest of these), AP, and slintensity are my personal favorites. I used slinmax and it was ok, but didn't deliver in some of the areas I had wanted and seemed to require a longer "build-up" time to do anything vs most of them I use sporadically for acute effect.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

Personaly, my favourite Nutrition Partitioning supplement is Indigo-3G by Biotest. It is solid dose of Cyanidin-3-Glycoside (600mg each serving) and its working wonders! Without it , my stomach gets bloated.
Some would say its expencive but is it? Swanson is selling C3G from Chormadex and believe me, if you take 600mg daily, ot would be even more expencive
Always wanted to try this but the price always caught my eye first and Ive never seen any reviews before. good to know!

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Man oh man will you get some suggestions up in here haha.

I often feel that our Glycophase gets overlooked in this category, and I am often stumped as to why. For as low as ~$16 you get:

Gymnema
Banaba extract
Hydroxyisoleucine
Berberine

And 60 servings. At 2x doses per day, that's ~1300mg of actives for a month for $16. Most GDAs retail at twice that price and contain the same actives. You could even add an extra bottle of Na-R-ALA for roughly the same cost as one product ;)

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Always wanted to try this but the price always caught my eye first and Ive never seen any reviews before. good to know!
It is not cheap but its actually cheaper than buying Chormadex C3G. Really love it. I have couple of friends who did bloodwork and it really works.
Biotest dont send to Norway. That is crap

Geoforce

Geoforce

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Always wanted to give Indigo 3G a whirl, but the price is rough. 15 day supply for 65 dollars! Better be roid level results. It may be a great C3G option, but any way you slice it that is a lot of money. If I have to throw down 130 for a month of running something the product better be unreal.

Slintensity is solid from Evomuse, Burn 24 has always treated me nicely. I like the looks of SlinMax and Glycophase and wouldn't mind giving them a whirl sometime in the future.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Coming off a ketogenic diet, you're going to tolerate carbs very well (insulin sensitivity will be highly elevated). I would personally hold off on adding one until you get carbs up higher and feel insulin sensitivity has taken a dip.

Also, many are recommending GDAs, which isn't the same as nutrient repartitioning, and many of these GDAs, contain certain ingredients which block the uptake of carbohydrates, which you are not going to want during a bulk. So be aware of that.

With that being said, you'd be best off with Na-R-ALA, Agmatine, and ALCAR.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I've used pretty much the gamut of these types...

for a comprehensive supp - anabeta elite (I suggest pairing it with xgels for just the extra synergy and muscle gain) or magnitropin both treat me very well.

for strictly more GDA type - SNS glycophase (probably the cheapest of these), AP, and slintensity are my personal favorites. I used slinmax and it was ok, but didn't deliver in some of the areas I had wanted and seemed to require a longer "build-up" time to do anything vs most of them I use sporadically for acute effect.
Not trying to go too far off topic, but at first I didn't like Slintensity, but after a couple of weeks it's gotten better.

Do they usually take a week or two to really start to work or is my body just slow?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Not trying to go too far off topic, but at first I didn't like Slintensity, but after a couple of weeks it's gotten better.

Do they usually take a week or two to really start to work or is my body just slow?
For me it's been hit or miss with gda's.

SlinMax was a long load before I felt it doing much while ap I can take one time and have the most ridiculous pumps and fullness.

I typically give anything at least 2-3 weeks before making a decision on it anyways since sometimes acute effects wear down and buildup ones take time to show.

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
I would just keep the carbs clean (sweet potato/brown rice) and veggies.
You can also carb cycle. Never tried it but others have success.
Just my 2 cents.

Chefdeez

Chefdeez

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It comes down to calories in vs calories out. I just have a hard time convincing myself that GDAs are worth the money and I've used almost all of them besides slinmax.

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
A couple ingredients that have not been mentioned: Magnesium and Taurine.

Taurine is cheap, and according to guys like Charles Polquin and Ben Pakulski, it aids in partitioning in two different ways, depending on whether you are in caloric excess or deficit.

It is actually one of the few supplements Pakulski recommends taking on both the Fat adaptation/shred phase and the bulk phase of his incredible bulk program.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
A couple ingredients that have not been mentioned: Magnesium and Taurine.

Taurine is cheap, and according to guys like Charles Polquin and Ben Pakulski, it aids in partitioning in two different ways, depending on whether you are in caloric excess or deficit.

It is actually one of the few supplements Pakulski recommends taking on both the Fat adaptation/shred phase and the bulk phase of his incredible bulk program.
How much taurine is recommended daily?

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How much taurine is recommended daily?
Seriously, I saw a Polquin powerpoint that said you can't get enough. Other protocols recommend 3-5g immediately post to lower cortisol, as well as a small dose before bed.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Seriously, I saw a Polquin powerpoint that said you can't get enough. Other protocols recommend 3-5g immediately post to lower cortisol, as well as a small dose before bed.
Loliquin haha.

mw1

mw1

Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Man oh man will you get some suggestions up in here haha.

I often feel that our Glycophase gets overlooked in this category, and I am often stumped as to why. For as low as ~$16 you get:

Gymnema
Banaba extract
Hydroxyisoleucine
Berberine

And 60 servings. At 2x doses per day, that's ~1300mg of actives for a month for $16. Most GDAs retail at twice that price and contain the same actives. You could even add an extra bottle of Na-R-ALA for roughly the same cost as one product ;)
Nailed it!!

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Loliquin haha.
Yeah, a great deal of his stuff makes me wonder if he's oversimplifying or trying to sell magic, but I do enjoy reading his viewpoints.

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Need2Slin -- haven't heard that one in a while lol

I actually liked the OG formula for this (other products have surpassed it, but I always liked it), but IIRC the formula was updated (and no idea if it was improved or not).

Anyway, Slintensity is my go-to, but the profile for SlinMax looks good, as well. And I've heard a lot of good things about Burn24, but have yet to use it (kind of want to now, though).

Some really solid posts in here already -- namely, don't expect the world from GDAs. Nutrition is number 1, but that said, I think these can certainly help (IMO they do, at least). Lots of good ingredients out there, too (NaRALA, berberine, agmatine, etc.).

I don't use them nearly as much as I used to (used to be one of those "OMG CARBS WILL MAKE ME FAT" people, sadly). I'll only use them when I'm taking in a larger amount in one sitting (still hits my macros for the day as a whole, but just a lot to take in at once).

For larger meals, my favorite protocol is NaRALA + Slintensity + Defuse.

I take 500mg agmatine upon rising each morning, take in 5g taurine intra-workout 5-6 days each week, and even more agmatine if my pre-workout has it in there. So my bases are pretty well covered.

I'll also add that the protocol I listed has never given me stomach discomfort -- unlike the Metformin I was prescribed in the past lol.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
A lot of good advice in here for you to make an informed decision.

Kyle made a good point that you are just transitioning into a new phase here where you may want to more closely consider if what you actually want is a GDA, or a natural anabolic that is a strong nutrient partitioner (such as the Anabeta Elite suggestion)

If a GDA is what you want here,
Hard to go wrong with the provided SNS option getting love in here,
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1457027497.685096.jpg

http://store.lockoutforums.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5&products_id=2002673

Right now it is also 10% off with "arnold16"
Making it about $16

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
As a lot have already stated, you ideally want to look for something with:
Banaba extract
Hydroxyisoleucine
Berberine

Others have also stated Na-R-ala and Agmatine. If you look at SlinMax, it has all five of those ingredients and at full doses. SlinMax may be a little more than some other options out there, but the ingredients and dosage of those ingredients make it a great value. Nutriverse has 20% off SlinMax until the 7th due to the Arnold, no coupon is required!

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Would you be able to stack slinmax with burn 24 or would it be overkill.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Would you be able to stack slinmax with burn 24 or would it be overkill.
I think that would be a bit overkill. Slinmax and Burn 24 both work very well on their own IMO. Is there a specific reason you'd want to stack them?

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Maybe use Burn24 kinda like a daily product, then replace with Slinmax before large carb meals from time to time.

Otherwise like John said, no need to stack them.

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
I think that would be a bit overkill. Slinmax and Burn 24 both work very well on their own IMO. Is there a specific reason you'd want to stack them?
Just to get a wider range of actives, but doses of ingredients would overlap, i think i will first try slin max and then when that runs out move on and try burn 24 for another run, that way i will be able to compare both.

MMAMONSTER19

Awards
  • Established

Burn 24 - Omega Sports
SlinMax - Performax Labs
Slintensity - Evomuse
Slinsane - Genomyx
Which one was your favorite of the 4 you listed?

How did you like the slinmax?

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Which one was your favorite of the 4 you listed?

How did you like the slinmax?
Of the 4 listed, I would say Burn24 and Slinmax are my top two favorites. They both have a great profile, and I experienced similar effects from both: increased pumps and vascularity with carbs, less bloating and water retention, and overall easier digestion (especially for larger refeeds). I really like that Slinmax contains Agmatine. Agmatine has great nutrient partitioning effects and it also delivers some nice vascularity for me, so I would recommend giving Slinmax a try if you're interested in it

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
Of the 4 listed, I would say Burn24 and Slinmax are my top two favorites. They both have a great profile, and I experienced similar effects from both: increased pumps and vascularity with carbs, less bloating and water retention, and overall easier digestion (especially for larger refeeds). I really like that Slinmax contains Agmatine. Agmatine has great nutrient partitioning effects and it also delivers some nice vascularity for me, so I would recommend giving Slinmax a try if you're interested in it
Where do you normally buy burn 24 from and what dose do you find best,

I may try it as i am almost done with my full pot of SlinMax

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Where do you normally buy burn 24 from and what dose do you find best,

I may try it as i am almost done with my full pot of SlinMax
It's not a sponsored site, so I'll PM's you. For dosing, I dose Burn 24 exactly like I would SlinMax. I would use 1 cap for smaller carb meals (<30-40g carbs). Then I'll use 2 caps if I'm going above that. I like to experiment with the doses with each product though, but I've found that to be the sweet spot with Slinmax and Burn24. What was your dosing protocol with your Slinmax?

paul56778

paul56778

Awards
  • Established
It's not a sponsored site, so I'll PM's you. For dosing, I dose Burn 24 exactly like I would SlinMax. I would use 1 cap for smaller carb meals (<30-40g carbs). Then I'll use 2 caps if I'm going above that. I like to experiment with the doses with each product though, but I've found that to be the sweet spot with Slinmax and Burn24. What was your dosing protocol with your Slinmax?
2 caps before post workout carb meal due to carb backloading and then an additional 2 or 1 and 1 later on in the evening 20-30 minutes before every additional carb based meal.

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
2 caps before post workout carb meal due to carb backloading and then an additional 2 or 1 and 1 later on in the evening 20-30 minutes before every additional carb based meal.
How did you like the SlinMax? Prob one of the most comprehensive GDAs on the market!

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Sounds like a solid dosing setup. I would apply the same dosing to Burn24 if you decide to try it out

crowbar46

Awards
  • Established

Personaly, my favourite Nutrition Partitioning supplement is Indigo-3G by Biotest. It is solid dose of Cyanidin-3-Glucoside (600mg each serving) and its working wonders! Without it , my stomach gets bloated.
I'll have to second the Indigo. It has been VERY effective for me, and I have pretty poor insulin sensitivity. In addition, Indigo has a host of metabolic health benefits.

Crowbar

believer

believer

Awards
  • Established
I'll have to second the Indigo. It has been VERY effective for me, and I have pretty poor insulin sensitivity. In addition, Indigo has a host of metabolic health benefits.

Crowbar
X3
You won't be sorry.

Derekcerva

Awards
Black stone labs glycolog is killer.
I mean if your planning on using it for every carb meal maybe some good ole berberine and ala will do but if you want a pre made product can't go wrong with glycolog, got tons of great stuff in it. My personal recc is you don't need to use post workout meal gdas your body is primed enough for nutrients storage on its own