The Disappointing Truth

Aaron.Cole

Aaron.Cole

Awards
So, yes, I know I shouldn't have. But I did.

I bought the Six Star Pre-workout that Wal-Mart sells.

Now, before you get your clomid in a wad, let me explain. I had a nice BCAA intra that was running low, got tired of the taste, and decided to throw some creatine nitrate in and mix it around. Turned out pretty tasty. Well, I decided, "Hey, why not stim it up quick and cheap?" So I went to Wally World.

There it was: Six Star--from the makers of MuscleTech. Oh ho ho! Well now. How fancy.

To be honest, it wasn't a bad deal. I was about to spend $14 for 20 servings of 3g BA, 3g Mono, and 2g AAKG (per 2 scoops; 40 servings otherwise), plus a bit of stims. Not bad to mix in with what I already had.

The daring part of me decided to go for the solo try and use it for a workout. 2 scoops. 6 ounces of water. May the odds be ever in my favor.

It's a refreshing fruit punch flavor. Surprisingly delicious. Did I stumble upon a gem?

30 minutes. No tingle.

An hour. No tingle.

3 hours and a workout later. Still no tingle.

No gem, just a lump of coal. Poor quality BA? Untrue profile? I don't know. I was disappointed because it was cheap and tasted pretty good. But the disappointing truth is, it's Six Star from Wal-Mart.

At least I can mix it for the stims.

ActiveShooter

ActiveShooter

Awards
That is what I used before I tried the MT vapor I like both, the six star is a little weak for me because I'm also on ECA / ECYA so my caffeine tolerance is high. For the price thou...I think it was 14 bucks or something.

Aaron.Cole

Aaron.Cole

Awards
That is what I used before I tried the MT vapor I like both, the six star is a little weak for me because I'm also on ECA / ECYA so my caffeine tolerance is high. For the price thou...I think it was 14 bucks or something.
Yeah it wasn't bad. I was tempted to do 3 scoops. I've felt BA tingles at 1.5-2g, which is one of the reasons I was disappointed at no tingles with supposedly 3g.

ActiveShooter

ActiveShooter

Awards
Steer clear of the body fortress stuff at Wal-Mart. I tried the creatine and it was horrendous. It has artificial sweeteners or something that have a nasty aftertaste.

Aaron.Cole

Aaron.Cole

Awards
Steer clear of the body fortress stuff at Wal-Mart. I tried the creatine and it was horrendous. It has artificial sweeteners or something that have a nasty aftertaste.
Yeah...I used BF back in high school. Blech.

Chefdeez

Chefdeez

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Bought a tub of body fortress creatine a few years back. Almost made me **** my pants on my ride home from the gym no lie. Barely made it. That company uses garbage raws you can tell.

ActiveShooter

ActiveShooter

Awards
My feeling towards supplements has changed, I used to think it's all the same just get the cheapest. I'm finding That is not the case. That BF stuff was like throwing a handfull of sand in water it was gritty no matter how you mixed it. The more expensive stuff just dissolves 100% with a lite shake.

Audioph1x

Audioph1x

Awards
  • Established
The Six star stuff is mostly junk. The protein mixed horribly and tasted like a bad batch of Splenda, ****ty chocolate, and sand. Tried the creatine years ago. Same results. Their PWO made me spray fart, as well.

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
The Six star stuff is mostly junk. The protein mixed horribly and tasted like a bad batch of Splenda, ****ty chocolate, and sand. Tried the creatine years ago. Same results. Their PWO made me spray fart, as well.
That last part was just to much ... ! Lol

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've only had there protein, my college roomate use to buy it.. good lord was it sweet.. it was like sugar, chocolate at least. Cookies and cream was decent.

anab0lix

anab0lix

Awards
  • Established
You know that's funny this thread popped up.

I was away for the week and had to grab some quick cheap protein. Of course with Walmart being everywhere I decided to try out the Body Fortress Advanced Isolate whey in Chocolate.

I seriously give it a 6.5/10....Really, it's not bad at all. The coco chocolate flavor is WAY better than I expected and the profiles not so shoddy either. It's a little chalky but doesn't really make it bad at all.

I heard you have to stay away from the Vanilla flavors though, big time.

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
I used to LOAD the BF creatine when I was in college. This was during the whole LOADING PHASE IS KING way of life for creatine

Yeah, the Six Star is always a cheaper grade of product than what you buy online.

Aaron.Cole

Aaron.Cole

Awards
You know that's funny this thread popped up.

I was away for the week and had to grab some quick cheap protein. Of course with Walmart being everywhere I decided to try out the Body Fortress Advanced Isolate whey in Chocolate.

I seriously give it a 6.5/10....Really, it's not bad at all. The coco chocolate flavor is WAY better than I expected and the profiles not so shoddy either. It's a little chalky but doesn't really make it bad at all.

I heard you have to stay away from the Vanilla flavors though, big time.
Chocolate probably tastes different than when I used it in HS. Or maybe not. I dunno. But it made my stomach hurt like crazy.

Vanilla was just blah. Just tasted boring.