EFA's

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
thought just came into my mind with the talk of HMB coming back into the scheme of things. I remember back in the day with bill philips pushing his new line. There was CLA AKG, RPG, WW3, (ok those werent real) but the HMB was one of the most expensive sup i bought. this was before you could get anything on line. Sh1t nc was the only place to go.
anyway, one of the other sup that he highly recommended was EFA- essential fatty acids. With all the talk of new sup's this one seems to have been pushed aside or dismissed.

Does anyone here sup with EFA?

ActiveShooter

ActiveShooter

Awards
I love avocados, I also use the 100cal packets of guacamole on pretty much everything.

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Yeah I just eat 2 avocados a day and sometimes multiple massive scoops of peanut butter.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Don't get me started on PB!;/ I eat way too much PB haha

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
ActiveShooter

ActiveShooter

Awards
My wife makes snack wraps that are a tortilla shell with natural pb, polaner jelly, and some kind of nut and oat mix. I cannot show self control around them hahaha

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
My wife makes snack wraps that are a tortilla shell with natural pb, polaner jelly, and some kind of nut and oat mix. I cannot show self control around them hahaha
My breakfast is 5 eggs, 2/3cup shredded cheese, and 1 avocado all wrapped up in a flour tortilla. I usually drink 1.5-2cups of whole milk with it. It's like 1200 cals or something in one meal

ActiveShooter

ActiveShooter

Awards
I have been using Mission Carb balance tortilla shells. 120cal, 3f, 6c, 5p honestly I notice zero difference in taste and texture is identical.

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
I have been using Mission Carb balance tortilla shells. 120cal, 3f, 6c, 5p honestly I notice zero difference in taste and texture is identical.
I'll have to keep that in mind if I ever start cutting!

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
Don't get me started on PB!;/ I eat way too much PB haha
I just sit in my kitchen and eat out of the jar. My fiancé yells at me CONSTANTLY because we are out of PB because of me

Its like delicious crack

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
interested no one mentioned coconut oil.....I use it to cook most of my food but also in coffee or protein shakes

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
interested no one mentioned coconut oil.....I use it to cook most of my food but also in coffee or protein shakes
the only thing I cook with... the best by far

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
ActiveShooter

ActiveShooter

Awards
ok, gotta ask can you taste the coconut at all?
I have pan fried chicken and fish with it and it's good I tried to use it for eggs and it was gross. My wife puts it in her coffee.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
ok, gotta ask can you taste the coconut at all?
totally depends on the brand, but for the most part no. It pretty much tastes like nothing or maybe VERY slightly nutty

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
At first, yes, but you get used to it. You could also buy unrefined coconut oil instead of virgin, which should kill the taste.
thanks ant

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
You wanna taste a nasty oil, try sunflower oil. I can't cook with that crap. Or drink it in a shake. Honestly idk what to do with it.
Lube?

Chefdeez

Chefdeez

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I cook with MCT oil which is 100% tasteless. Great for eggs in the morning.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
totally depends on the brand, but for the most part no. It pretty much tastes like nothing or maybe VERY slightly nutty
Just an FYI - the research I've done indicates that if the Coconut oil has no odor or taste, it's been "stepped on", usually through a bleaching process. I get the stuff Sam's Club sells - yes, it smells and tastes like Coconut, but I like it, it's not over-powering.

Chefdeez

Chefdeez

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just an FYI - the research I've done indicates that if the Coconut oil has no odor or taste, it's been "stepped on", usually through a bleaching process. I get the stuff Sam's Club sells - yes, it smells and tastes like Coconut, but I like it, it's not over-powering.
I agree, it should taste like something. It's a very subtle coconut taste. I use a tablespoon in my coffee every morning with my ephedrine when cutting and notice it keeps my appetite at bay for a very long time.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I use Lou Ann coconut oil I think.

Trader Joes is just as much for unprocessed organic coconut oil, but I have half a thing left so.

On a side note - what's the difference between Tunesian Olive and EVOO?

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was told by someone and I don't know how true it is....but you want a faint smell and taste of coconut from your coconut oil because it means it's better quality, not that crisqo (sp) brand stuff

ActiveShooter

ActiveShooter

Awards
This is what I use

Attachments