Phenibut and recovery

Foxx13

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Does phenibut help with recovery? I had a big workout day last week and was very sore the next day. I had to hit another heavy day 2 days later. Took 2g of phenibut the day before and felt like I had significantly better recovery. I also felt an overall mood boost most of the day after I took phenibut. Anyone experience anything like this? Maybe it was placebo but I had a great workout, felt great, and was noticably more talkative. This was the day after I took phenibut. How often and how much do people take and what are your experiences with it?

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
This isn't one of my base supplements I take but I have taken it multiple times and it increased my mood and sleep was the main thing I noticed. I think it can increase your recovery time as well. Its a great supp to have on hand and use when needed imo.

rhoadx

Awards
  • Established
2 grams is a big dose. And yep that's a recreational dose, it will cause a reduction in anxiety which could be the reason for the increase in social behavior. Phenibut has a long kick in time and lasts a very long time ( why you felt it the next day). Only thing I would stress, with doses like that, make it a very rare occasion, like maybe twice a month tops

snu22

snu22

Awards
I've always had a very similar experience as yours OP (great sleep and mood boost), which is exactly why I keep some on hand at all times :D This effect quickly disappears if I take it too often though, so I have to limit my intake to once every other week or so.

Considering the e****lent sleep phenibut seems to induce I think it can certainly help with recovery in some sense.

fightnews

fightnews

Awards
  • Established
makes me nauseous if i take it more then 1 or 2 days in a row

Think ill take some now

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Considering the e****lent sleep phenibut seems to induce I think it can certainly help with recovery in some sense.
this. phenibut is good stuff.

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
stuff makes me sleep like a baby..
I pass out on it and feel great when I get up. Its one of the few sleep aids I enjoy and have zero drowsy after effects

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
this is also one of the easiest supplements to get addicted to. tolerance builds up extremely fast and taking the amount you did (not sure why you choose this amount) will require more down the road, this is one supplement that should be used with caution. time on = 2 times the amount off.

Just giving you a word of caution, be carful with this

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 56
tyga tyga Supplements 16
RIPDanDuchaine Supplements 18
brofessorx Supplements 9
Supplements 7