L-tyrosine + B6 + 5htp: Mood Lift/Cycling?

J

JYD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey Guys,

I've gotten good benefits from taking 500mg L-tyrosine in the monring with 100mg of B6, then 500mg of L-tryptophan or 5-htp in the evening.

Just wondering if anyone else has tried this for a mood/well-being lift and how the run it. Did you cycle it? I'm probably not in the right place, but thought I'd try anyway.

Thanks!

TeamTGB

TeamTGB

Awards
I want to say you should cycle the 5-htp im just thinking off the top of my head right now im not 100% positive though i can remember the study i seen.

R

rhoadx

Awards
  • Established
I want to say you should cycle the 5-htp im just thinking off the top of my head right now im not 100% positive though i can remember the study i seen.
Yeah. I don't remember exactly how much you should have. But I remember the same. Basically having too much serotonin is not good ( I'm not talking about serotonin syndrome) I'll have to look that up

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I take 1.5 grams of NALT in the morning with about 1.5-2 grams of ALCAR and 20 mg of Noopept. Some people believe that tyrosine is better than NALT and some claim NALT is better. I bought NALT in bulk and haven't tried tyrosine straight yet - but I believe that ALCAR and NALT are both effective at improving alertness, mood, etc.

K

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
l-tyrosine and 5-htp should be taken with each other, but not at the same time- much like you are doing. It is tremendous for a mood and energy lift, but should be cycled.

J

JYD

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Great answers guys, thanks! The one thing I cannot find is cycles of how long. For example, do them 3 days a week? Every Other Day? 2 full weeks on, one full week off? Etc, etc. Can't find that info anywhere.

As a general rule, I may do like 4 days per week or something...I have no idea.

G

Garyboy

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Has anyone tried Will Brink's pre-workout recommendation of 5 grams of tyrosine?