Side effects from Norco????

Flblonde77

Awards
Ok, noticed something pretty strange lately with my stack, specifically Norcodrone. I have been taking shift+norco for 3 weeks. I actually started norco 3 days before shift to assess tolerance. So, I was still puffy and bloated from starting my diet. In 3 weeks I noticed only a 2 lb drop in weight, but inches lost. So, I know I'm recomping my body.
But...here is where I noticed a change. No change in hunger suppresion from either supplement. I'm actually more hungry at times, which maybe caused from my workouts (2xs a day). Alao...bloat and puffiness. I have noticed on the days that I only took norco, that those were the days I had major water retention. I'm talking 2-3 lbs of water. I would take norco twice a day for 2 days, then on day 3 just shift twice a day. That night, I would be up all night peeing. I weighed the next day, 2lbs gone. I tried this experiment for a week, and saw the same result. This morning I awoke from just doing shift, and another 2lbs water gone. So, has anyone else experienced water weight, bloating from norco? Otherwise, the energy was great, and had great results with that energy to workout with. However, the bloating is too much. I may need to switch. Suggestions??

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I've never heard of anything that extreme with bloating, that sounds annoying. Do you have any experience using Yohimbe in the past? Norco contains Yohimbe, which can cause some temporary bloating. I hold more water while using yohimbe, but never to the extent you are describing.

How much water are you drinking per day? And is your diet and water intake fluctuating at all on days you take it and days you don't?

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Are you limiting salt intake? If you aren't getting enough salt, you will have these effects. I know it sounds contradictory, but most people fear salt and they shouldn't.

Are you drinking enough water? You should be peeing frequently on a cut - if you're not you aren't drinking enough. It sounds to me that you are saying you aren't peeing while you take Norco, but then when you switch to shift you are dropping all the water weight?

I wouldn't switch back and forth like that either - I'd take 1 Norco/1 shift twice a day or maybe 2 Norco/1shift in the morning and 1/1 in the afternoon.

Also, keep in mind - 2-3 pounds of water is less than a half gallon of water in your system. I gain/lose more than this throughout the day just from drinking on a regular basis. People on diets don't understand that water weighs 8 pounds per gallon and if you're drinking 1.5 gallons/day that's 12 pounds that is going in and out of your body with no impact on composition.

Chefdeez

Chefdeez

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yohimbine can definitely cause water retention and it's not uncommon. It will go away after you stop taking it for a few days.

Flblonde77

Awards
I am taking potassium and magnesium, as I am on a low carb diet. I'm following Lyle McDonald's plan, and with me taking prescription potassium, I am making sure my sodium levels are good. Wards away keto flu. :)

The reason I had stopped taking my Norco was I had accidentally left them at home, while I was traveling for a few days. The SHIFT I had picked up while out of town at a vitamin shoppe. So. I started that for a few days alone with no Norco. That is what made me see the "wow". So much bloat had gone away, that even I was amazed at how flat I looked on day 2 of no norco. But, now I see how much puffier I look when taking it. Just wasn't sure if there was something in the Norco that could make water retention occur.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I am taking potassium and magnesium, as I am on a low carb diet. I'm following Lyle McDonald's plan, and with me taking prescription potassium, I am making sure my sodium levels are good. Wards away keto flu. :)

The reason I had stopped taking my Norco was I had accidentally left them at home, while I was traveling for a few days. The SHIFT I had picked up while out of town at a vitamin shoppe. So. I started that for a few days alone with no Norco. That is what made me see the "wow". So much bloat had gone away, that even I was amazed at how flat I looked on day 2 of no norco. But, now I see how much puffier I look when taking it. Just wasn't sure if there was something in the Norco that could make water retention occur.
Most likely the yohimbine. I always notice water retention from yohimbine, and its more dramatic the leaner I am. Its always nice to come off yohimbine and give my body a few days to get rid of the extra water. I would finish the norco and reap the benefits of it, and know in the back of your mind that part of your appearance is due to water retention. The benefits of Norco or just yohimbine outweigh the temporary bloating IMO

Flblonde77

Awards
Most likely the yohimbine. I always notice water retention from yohimbine, and its more dramatic the leaner I am. Its always nice to come off yohimbine and give my body a few days to get rid of the extra water. I would finish the norco and reap the benefits of it, and know in the back of your mind that part of your appearance is due to water retention. The benefits of Norco or just yohimbine outweigh the temporary bloating IMO
I hold so much of my weight in my lower body. Legs and hips. Just sucks because I'm so much leaner in my waist. But, when I awoke the other day, I was shocked as to how much leaner I looked in the hips. But then, two days later I felt fuller again. Just a roller coaster.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Water retention is absolutely a possible side effect of the ingredients.

After stopping, it will go, and you will be left with a more aesthetic frame from the results I see it brought you.

This is rare to see someone even notice the side when it occurs, you must really not do well with yohimbe.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd be interested if you tried out Alphamine, and noticed the same problem.

Flblonde77

Awards
I have actually thought about trying alphamine in week 4. I have been taking weekly progress pics. I'm now in week 3, which will end Sunday. I've considered starting alpha on monday. Just to see if I see any difference.

Flblonde77

Awards
I can tell you, I haven't urinated this much since week one of my diet where I lost all water weight. I haven't urinated that much since I started norco. But for the last few days where I stopped it, I've been going non stop.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have actually thought about trying alphamine in week 4. I have been taking weekly progress pics. I'm now in week 3, which will end Sunday. I've considered starting alpha on monday. Just to see if I see any difference.
I can tell you, I haven't urinated this much since week one of my diet where I lost all water weight. I haven't urinated that much since I started norco. But for the last few days where I stopped it, I've been going non stop.
Give Alphamine a try and let us know what you notice.

You must react very negatively to yohimbine extracts if you notice that much bloat, urination, and water weight.

Flblonde77

Awards
Will do! Thank you all for the replies! I'm saving my progress to eventually post here in AM. :)

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Will do! Thank you all for the replies! I'm saving my progress to eventually post here in AM. :)
Can't wait to see that :)

Hope Alphamine treats you well!

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
If you can live with the bloat, I would stick with the yohimbe. I react poorly to yohimbine, but it is more shakes and cold sweats and discomfort...so I try to manage that. The ingredient is one of the more effective ingredients available...just sucks for those of us that can't tolerate it.

As a trade off, while you are bloated, the yohimbine should cause faster fat loss.

If it bothers you though, no one can fault you for discontinuing.

bdcc

bdcc

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Anecdotally, I have never noticed water retention with Norcodrene or Alphamine.

Even when I was dieting for a photo shoot, I was happy to take them right up until the day. :)

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
^ I have at least 2 servings of Alphamine/norco in me in almost every photo I've shared, lol

No hindrance here