FDA registered company's

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
These companies I am listing I iust learned today are not a fda certified companies . Mts nutrition, black stone labs, core nutritional, old school labs, bro labs, do vitamins. Does any know if there are other companies that are not registered ?

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
What? Bro labs isn't? Say it ain't so

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
FDA certified.... Huh?

Chefdeez

Chefdeez

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nothing about this thread makes any sense.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
confused..

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Lol. Sub'd for entertainment.

FDA registered supplements? Dafuq?

Aaron.Cole

Aaron.Cole

Awards
Link to your list of FDA certified supplement companies?

Maybe the government is gonna start regulating everyone's favorite anabolic steroid, creatine.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No dietary supplement companies are FDA certified/approved. Those that are are called Pharmaceutical/Drug companies.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
These companies I am listing I iust learned today are not a fda certified companies . Mts nutrition, black stone labs, core nutritional, old school labs, bro labs, do vitamins. Does any know if there are other companies that are not registered ?
Did I say supplements? I said fda registered facilities ?
you said "fda certified companies", and then listed supplement companies, so most of us assumed you were continuing that line of thought.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
This is what you said. Didn't realize you were talking about facilities. And to be honest, NO ONE else in this thread did either. Read the rest of the comments above...

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Sorry for not clarifying . 100% wrong. The FDA regulations are not something for the layman to understand. Its like me trying to understand corporate tax code. aint going to happen. READ the letter from the FDA to Chaotic Labs. I quote the FDA. During the inspection, our investigators were informed that your firm has entered into agreements with various manufacturers who manufacture dietary supplement products that your firm packages, labels, holds, and/or distributes. Further, our investigators were informed that your firm is ultimately responsible for marketing and distributing your finished dietary supplement products. As a distributor that contracts with other manufacturers to manufacture, package, or label dietary supplements that your firm releases for distribution under your firm’s name, your firm has an obligation to know what and how these activities are performed so that you can make decisions related to whether your dietary supplement products conform to established specifications and whether to approve and release the products for distribution [72 Fed. Reg. 34752, 34790 (Jun. 25, 2007)]. Your firm introduces or delivers, or causes the introduction or delivery of, dietary supplements into interstate commerce in their final form for distribution to consumers. As such, your firm has an overarching and ultimate responsibility to ensure that all phases of the production of those products are in compliance with dietary supplement CGMP requirements found under 21 CFR Part 111.
Although your firm may contract out certain dietary supplement manufacturing operations, it cannot, by the same token, contract out its ultimate responsibility to ensure that the dietary supplements it places into commerce (or causes to be placed into commerce) is not adulterated for failure to comply with dietary supplement CGMP requirements (see United States v. Dotterweich, 320 U.S. 277, 284 (1943) (explaining that an offense can be committed under the FD&C Act by anyone who has “a responsible share in the furtherance of the transaction which the statute outlaws”); United States v. Park, 421 U.S. 658, 672 (1975) (holding that criminal liability under the FD&C Act does not turn on awareness of wrongdoing, and that “agents vested with the responsibility, and power commensurate with that responsibility, to devise whatever measures are necessary to ensure compliance with the Act” can be held accountable for violations of the Act)). In particular, the FD&C Act prohibits a person from introducing, delivering for introduction, or causing the delivery or introduction into interstate commerce of a dietary supplement that is adulterated under section 402(g) for failure to comply with dietary supplement CGMP requirements (see 21 U.S.C. 342(g) and 331(a)). Thus, a firm that contracts with other firms to conduct certain dietary supplement manufacturing, packaging, and labeling operations for it is responsible for ensuring that the product is not adulterated for failure to comply with dietary supplement CGMP requirements, regardless of who actually performs the dietary supplement CGMP operations.
As a distributor, you have an obligation to know what and how manufacturing activities are performed so that your firm can make decisions related to whether your packaged and labeled dietary supplement products conform to established specifications and whether to approve and release the products for distribution. Your quality control personnel must approve for release, or reject, any packaged and labeled dietary supplement (including a repackaged or relabeled dietary supplement) for distribution. See 21 CFR 111.127.
If a supplement companies name is on the bottle they must register with the FDA and follow the 111's. It is criminal not to.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
I like discussing pretty much anything that at some point will have an end insight. No offense but what is the point? Is this the only supplement company that did not follow every guideline listed by the FDA? Can we also include restaurants and health care facilities as well?

You have left out some of the infractions that were listed and by your own words, "The FDA regulations are not something for the layman to understand. Its like me trying to understand corporate tax code. aint going to happen."

Just so everyone can see exactly what infractions they were cited for, here is the link below. They vary from not supplying a phone number to file an issue with the product, failure to provide written instructions for packing rooms and failure to include the part of the plant from which Hoodia, Green Tea extract, Yohimbe, Ephedra Extract and Citrus Aurantium are derived.

http://www.fda.gov/ICECI/EnforcementActions/WarningLetters/2015/ucm462745.htm

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I like discussing pretty much anything that at some point will have an end insight. No offense but what is the point? Is this the only supplement company that did not follow every guideline listed by the FDA? Can we also include restaurants and health care facilities as well?

You have left out some of the infractions that were listed and by your own words, "The FDA regulations are not something for the layman to understand. Its like me trying to understand corporate tax code. aint going to happen."

Just so everyone can see exactly what infractions they were cited for, here is the link below. They vary from not supplying a phone number to file an issue with the product, failure to provide written instructions for packing rooms and failure to include the part of the plant from which Hoodia, Green Tea extract, Yohimbe, Ephedra Extract and Citrus Aurantium are derived.

Chaotic Labz 8/14/15
Oh, you know, and also not having any manufacturing records at all.

Oh, and having multiple off-label pharmaceuticals in one of their products.

Didn't batch test their products to verify they contained what they were supposed to.

Didn't retain batch samples to validate their products in the face of any future issues.

Also had literally no quality control procedures whatsoever documented.

It was nice of you to to pick out some benign looking violations though as opposed to the absurdly irresponsible.

Companies with violations this broad and reflecting a complete disregard for putting out safe and responsible products should really be subject to an immediate and permanent injunction on both the business entity and its ownership from ever participating in the industry again, with the opportunity to appeal after some number of years.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
It was nice of you to to pick out some benign looking violations though as opposed to the absurdly irresponsible.
you have the wrong person-

MOST IMPORTANTLY

I didnt pick out anything,
I didnt start this thread

I simply posted the rest of the FDA comments that were left off from the person WHO DID START this

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
you have the wrong person-

MOST IMPORTANTLY

I didnt pick out anything,
I didnt start this thread

I simply posted the rest of the FDA comments that were left off from the person WHO DID START this
Just pointing out that what you excerpted from the warning letter:

" They vary from not supplying a phone number to file an issue with the product, failure to provide written instructions for packing rooms and failure to include the part of the plant from which Hoodia, Green Tea extract, Yohimbe, Ephedra Extract and Citrus Aurantium are derived."
Was like, the most benign of violations they had, as opposed to the much more serious and noteworthy.

I guess in the context your post read to me like "what's the big deal, we gonna bring up other industries with issues too? See look, some of these violations aren't even that bad"

Sorry if I read you wrong :)

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Just pointing out that what you excerpted from the warning letter:

Was like, the most benign of violations they had, as opposed to the much more serious and noteworthy.

I guess in the context your post read to me like "what's the big deal, we gonna bring up other industries with issues too? See look, some of these violations aren't even that bad"

Sorry if I read you wrong :)
lol- its all good bro-

i just saw the first part of the fda part that Dj put up and thought it was fair to put the rest of it up. I completely understand your point 100%, After reading most of the infractions they received no matter how minuet some may be, the fact is they received them.
A few of them would seem like it would be common sense but then again when you try to swim through loop holes all logic and common sense dont exist.

again, no worries bro
:beerchug: