What made you become a supplement rep

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
For those of you who are rep's of a brand here or a store, what made you decide to do it? What was that made you say, "I can do that or do that better or have a better way of doing" Was it just something to do? Have any of you been reps for one company on this forum and left for another and why?

I understand if you dont want to divulge more info-

just curious

thanks
Smitty

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My first rep position, I was shocked to be asked to be a rep and it really kinda had me scared of screwing up. I had logged a couple of their products with good results and was talking to everyone that had questions about those products. I shared my experiences and what I learned to try to help others get the best results they could. I was basically doing a big part of what reps do but without the compensation. I won't rep products or companies that I don't believe in or use their products. If it's products you believe in and use, it's not too difficult to rep for the company.

djbombsquad

djbombsquad

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I am a fairly active on lot of the main social media and I'm fairly active on the board not to mention I was using the products even before applying !

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
I wont speak of my previous representative positions . However Performax labs has always had high quality products I bought and believed in these products for quite a while now. I'm a big fan of great formulations, quality products, good taste , and exce-llent customer service . Performax labs has everything I ever look for in a company . Not only just to purchase from , but to represent as well. I firmly believe that most if not all of these products from Performax labs are high quality and yield amazing results like I said I've been using these products long before I ever thought about being a rep for Performax labs. I stand behind this company and I take my rep position seriously.

Thanks for asking - great thread idea !!!

TrainerTone

TrainerTone

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
First off is my love of fitness. That lead to my interest in supplements. Also I just like helping others better themselves in general so I feel that being a rep and doing so in a positive manner is another way of doing that. Plus I found a company who's products I use and believe in. And my team is great to work with. So it's a win all around for me.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I became a rep for Neogenix back in the day, honestly because I just wanted free products, I was young, and had a decent amount of supplement knowledge in addition to time. 3 years later, I switched to I-Force Nutrition because it was a company I truly loved, I used a ton of their products. The reasons I rep for I-Force Nutrition are,

1. I enjoy their products
2. I stand behind and am proud to represent their products.
3. I am confident in their products when suggesting to others
4. The communication between management is present and easily accessible
5. The CEO is very dedicated and involved,
6. As a rep, you are VERY involved in areas most other companies do not give access to their reps
7. The company is continuously growing
8. Us reps are extremely tight knit with constant communication all day long via facebook, text messages, emails, group chats, etc.
9. Frequent conference calls
10. Many many more reasons

yates84

yates84

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I wont speak of my previous representative positions . However Performax labs has always had high quality products I bought and believed in these products for quite a while now. I'm a big fan of great formulations, quality products, good taste , and exce-llent customer service . Performax labs has everything I ever look for in a company . Not only just to purchase from , but to represent as well. I firmly believe that most if not all of these products from Performax labs are high quality and yield amazing results like I said I've been using these products long before I ever thought about being a rep for Performax labs. I stand behind this company and I take my rep position seriously.

Thanks for asking - great thread idea !!!
Bro.....you still butt hurt over getting let go?

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I was asked to rep first.. after that I have been fortunate be hired by other companies.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was approached by iForce in 2006 when I had started to get really serious about bodybuilding. I'll admit,. my main reasoning for joining up originally was the allure of getting Bold200 in the mail without having to spend $$$ on it.

Since then, I have been able to turn that rep gig into my full time profession, and have been a full time employee for IFN(and now Hi-Tech) for upwards of 9 years now.

Aaron.Cole

Aaron.Cole

Awards
I was approached by iForce in 2006 when I had started to get really serious about bodybuilding. I'll admit,. my main reasoning for joining up originally was the allure of getting Bold200 in the mail without having to spend $$$ on it.

Since then, I have been able to turn that rep gig into my full time profession, and have been a full time employee for IFN(and now Hi-Tech) for upwards of 9 years now.
I think it's awesome when you're able to get paid to do something you love!

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My reasons for repping are largely the same as Luke. I had logged for MST a couple times and believe in our products. So I was recommending them here and there and giving my two cents in logs. Next thing I know, I'm running promos!

MidwestBeast

MidwestBeast

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Getting to talk about a company (or store) whose products you enjoy because they work. It's an easy job if that's your reasoning behind it.

An obvious benefit is not having to spend as much cash from your full-time job on supplements and you get to hang on places like AM where you already were to begin with. For me, it doesn't really change what I was doing to begin with; I just have a different signature now and still offer the same advice I always have.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
thanks to everyone who replied -

wish everyone continued success and appreciate the contributions you all make

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
believing in the products and having a wider range of people that you could share experiences and knowledge to help others reach their goals

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
I became a rep for Neogenix back in the day, honestly because I just wanted free products, I was young, and had a decent amount of supplement knowledge in addition to time. 3 years later, I switched to I-Force Nutrition because it was a company I truly loved, I used a ton of their products. The reasons I rep for I-Force Nutrition are,

1. I enjoy their products
2. I stand behind and am proud to represent their products.
3. I am confident in their products when suggesting to others
4. The communication between management is present and easily accessible
5. The CEO is very dedicated and involved,
6. As a rep, you are VERY involved in areas most other companies do not give access to their reps
7. The company is continuously growing
8. Us reps are extremely tight knit with constant communication all day long via facebook, text messages, emails, group chats, etc.
9. Frequent conference calls
10. Many many more reasons
I think of it as a tight knit family. Not all companies are like this though. Its super fun to get to grow with a company you believe in. I also love being able to try new products and give input on new formulations before they are made.

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I wont speak of my previous representative positions . However Olympus labs has always had high quality products I bought and believed in these products for quite a while now. I'm a big fan of great formulations, quality products, good taste , and exce-llent customer service . Olympus labs has everything I ever look for in a company . Not only just to purchase from , but to represent as well. I firmly believe that most if not all of these products from Olympus labs are high quality and yield amazing results like I said I've been using these products long before I ever thought about being a rep for Olympus labs. I stand behind this company and I take my rep position seriously.

:)

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
I wont speak of my previous representative positions . However Olympus labs has always had high quality products I bought and believed in these products for quite a while now. I'm a big fan of great formulations, quality products, good taste , and exce-llent customer service . Olympus labs has everything I ever look for in a company . Not only just to purchase from , but to represent as well. I firmly believe that most if not all of these products from Olympus labs are high quality and yield amazing results like I said I've been using these products long before I ever thought about being a rep for Olympus labs. I stand behind this company and I take my rep position seriously.

:)
your amazing , great speech ... :)

iThrow

iThrow

Awards
  • Established
My first and only rep gig is the one I have no for BPS to be short and sweet:

I had used their products before
I liked the products and being my first attempt at a rep gig I felt like it would be a great stepping stone for gaining knowledge
Free supps are just an added bonus obvi

HOWEVER**** What most people dont think about is the reason that people stay with specific companies for a long time.
SO for me-
A great group of guys to communicate with (i even follow tygatyga on insta)
Boss is extremely friendly and understanding that life happens sometimes
Being able to do a promotion or give away products is always nice (im a giver,it makes me happy)
The atmosphere is a good feeling, being able to push your KNOWLEDGE and not just the product can help you become more reputable on the boards.

Honestly i think its fun. I cant dedicate the time I usually dedicate in the summer to these boards however i enjoy it :)

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
My first and only rep gig is the one I have no for BPS to be short and sweet:

I had used their products before
I liked the products and being my first attempt at a rep gig I felt like it would be a great stepping stone for gaining knowledge
Free supps are just an added bonus obvi

HOWEVER**** What most people dont think about is the reason that people stay with specific companies for a long time.
SO for me-
A great group of guys to communicate with (i even follow tygatyga on insta)
Boss is extremely friendly and understanding that life happens sometimes
Being able to do a promotion or give away products is always nice (im a giver,it makes me happy)
The atmosphere is a good feeling, being able to push your KNOWLEDGE and not just the product can help you become more reputable on the boards.

Honestly i think its fun. I cant dedicate the time I usually dedicate in the summer to these boards however i enjoy it :)
nicely put

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
For someone who is somewhat new and looking in from the outside, I think the general consensus here is pretty much on par. Once you find a home, you tend to stay and its obvious it for more than free items.

I believe that makes a huge difference to the forum community. You all all believe in the product now just as much as day one. For those of us who have an issue or somewhat undecided on a product,we can reach out and feel as if we are talking to the company.

The camaraderie, respect and support for one another makes coming here worthwhile.

Thanks to all

S