Educate me on Topicals, please.

Flblonde77

Awards
I've been researching and reading all over AM, about topical gels. Some posts have been kinda confusing, so I would love some clarification on the kinds that seem to work the best, that are out on the market.

Please give me some insight as to what you recommend, why, the effects of them( I hear good and bad on the body), and personal results if you have them.

P.S. Recommend as well any skin tightening topicals to give the skin a boost?
Also, I'm female. ( not sure if that matters.) LOL

Thanks everyone! :))

jathan_howe

Awards
Some supplements have poor oral bioavailability and don't absorb well so their potential benefits can't be reaped. Topicals allow them to be absorbed through the skin in to the bloodstream, so the benefits can be received. As for skin tightening, maybe something with cortisol control or a diuretic. I suggest looking MPA VasoBurn and VasoDry and Evomuse Eviscerate or Abliderate (I can't remember which one is meant for subcutaneous fat and water, off the top of my head)

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Edit: The Evomuse Eviscerate is used for visceral fat and tightening the skin. I've used the original Eviscerate, and the burn from the capsaicin is INTENSE, especially while you're working out. I know many people have reported that the Eviscerate Smolder delivers similar results without as much capsaicin, so it doesn't burn on your skin as much. I really enjoy using Eviscerate and I noticed significant tightening in my abdominal area. If you can handle the burn I highly recommend it

Flblonde77

Awards
So what is the big difference between Abliderate and Eviscerate? Should you be a certain BF%? Do both do the samething?

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
So what is the big difference between Abliderate and Eviscerate? Should you be a certain BF%? Do both do the samething?
The Abliderate series is targeted more for visceral fat, so it won't have the same skin tightening benefits that the Eviscerate series has. i think Eviscerate really works well when you're already very lean, looking to get rid of that last little bit to get your abdominal region to its peak. There's a lot of great feedback on Abliderate too, but its seems that it would be more beneficial if you were at a higher BF%

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Some have adverse reactions to the carrier and can develop a rash on application sites. BPS is currently sending out some beta test bottles of our new Laxacrine with a new carrier to try to alleviate a problem we had with skin irritation/rashes with the first version. Most of the carriers contain alcohol of some sort which can dry out the skin and cause irritation. Once the product is dry (some dry faster than others), you can then rub some lotion of your preference on that area to help keep your skin from getting dried out/ irritated. It is also best to alternate application sites from day to day for the same reason. Applying your topical is best after a hot shower when your pores are opened up more for best absorption of the product.

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
Quite often, as other posters have said, ingredients have a poor bioavailability and lose most of their "muster" during first pass metabolism.

To get around this, companies end up putting large doses in so that by the time the active ingredient actually gets to where it needs to be it has enough of a dose left to be effective.

To get around this, topical are used.

As far as good topicals, all of PA's Prototype line is good as is the abliderate series.

Topicals can be a pain though, have you looked at other options?

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
If you go Eviscerate, go with Smolder to start, would be my advice. I would equate VasoBurn with it, maybe a smidge less heat.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
If you go Eviscerate, go with Smolder to start, would be my advice. I would equate VasoBurn with it, maybe a smidge less heat.
Been hearing a lot about Vasoburn lately. Would you say its better than Eviscerate?

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Been hearing a lot about Vasoburn lately. Would you say its better than Eviscerate?
I would say that even with a DEXA scan, if one *did* work better, it would still be within the margin of error for DEXA. No way I could tell you with just my scale/tape measure/caliper :) I use both and rotate depending on sales, etc... Vasoburn smells better, like Cinnamon, and goes on easier because it's thinner, but really, I like them both.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I would say that even with a DEXA scan, if one *did* work better, it would still be within the margin of error for DEXA. No way I could tell you with just my scale/tape measure/caliper :) I use both and rotate depending on sales, etc... Vasoburn smells better, like Cinnamon, and goes on easier because it's thinner, but really, I like them both.
Rep'd. Thanks for the feedback. I can always find Eviscerate for significantly cheaper, so I've never tried Vasoburn. I'll try it eventually but for now I'll probably just stick with Eviscerate. Nutriverse has it on sale right now

Volvo140G

Volvo140G

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Pain in the butt imo... pills ftw

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established
VasoBurn new bottle size and label design releasing next week, as well as, VasoDry and VasoDry Professional.

-Matt

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
VasoBurn new bottle size and label design releasing next week, as well as, VasoDry and VasoDry Professional.

-Matt
I saw the pic in the other thread. Is it 8oz for the VB? And is that a Dermacrine like pump on top? If so, niiiiiiiiice! 8oz along side measured doses adds value - what's the price increase?

Flblonde77

Awards
Now, you can use the topicals in conjunction with a supplement stack, right? I'm taking PES Shift + Norcodrene.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Now, you can use the topicals in conjunction with a supplement stack, right? I'm taking PES Shift + Norcodrene.
Absolutely! Adding in a topical with Shift and Norcodrene will be an awesome fat loss stack.

How long have you been on the PES stack?

MattPorter

MattPorter

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I saw the pic in the other thread. Is it 8oz for the VB? And is that a Dermacrine like pump on top? If so, niiiiiiiiice! 8oz along side measured doses adds value - what's the price increase?
Yes same Pp 7.2 oz pump bottles. It will be perhaps $5 more or so.

Old squeeze bottles were 6 oz

-Matt

DWeaver

DWeaver

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I don't want to high jack the op's thread but I have a few questions that might help him. I've never been real sure of how to attack fat with TD's. So my situation is I'm roughly 15% BF and most of that is in my stomach. Without contracting my abs, I can pinch fat and my stomach looks a bit bloated and I can move the fat around like its loose. When I squeeze and suck in, my stomach goes flat and I can barely pinch the fat. I've never really did much ad work but I'm starting to set aside days now of core training. I have 2 bottles of Evo Ab Ab and 2 bottles of Vasoburn. Question is, what type of fat do you all think I have, do I have the right products and how would I time the tropicals?

jathan_howe

Awards
I don't want to high jack the op's thread but I have a few questions that might help him. I've never been real sure of how to attack fat with TD's. So my situation is I'm roughly 15% BF and most of that is in my stomach. Without contracting my abs, I can pinch fat and my stomach looks a bit bloated and I can move the fat around like its loose. When I squeeze and suck in, my stomach goes flat and I can barely pinch the fat. I've never really did much ad work but I'm starting to set aside days now of core training. I have 2 bottles of Evo Ab Ab and 2 bottles of Vasoburn. Question is, what type of fat do you all think I have, do I have the right products and how would I time the tropicals?
Sounds like subcutaneous to me

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
I have 2 bottles of Evo Ab Ab and 2 bottles of Vasoburn. Question is, what type of fat do you all think I have, do I have the right products and how would I time the tropicals?
Evomuse says you can run AbAb and Evisc at the same time. Put on AbAb first, wait a bit, then put on Evisc. So I would guess you can do the same with VB. I like putting them on ~45 minutes before cardio/weights... but for people with 9-5 jobs, put it on after your morning shower - you'll still feel it during a PM workout.

Flblonde77

Awards
I've been on the PES stack now going into week 3. Seeing some great results in inches lost, not so much on the scale though. But my clothes are much looser, and the measurements are looking great. I just have some stubborn areas I would like to treat. Being a female, it's mostly in the lower abs, and hip area. From what I gather it's mostly sub fat.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Being that the scale hasn't really moved means that you're doing something that most of us like: a recomp. Turning the fat weight into muscle weight. More muscle burns more fat. Sounds like it's working pretty good for you!

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
To keep from trying to start a pointless new thread I'm just going to post this here.. Would any topical fat loss products help lose midsection water/fat while doing more of a recomp instead of a cut? My main concern is the love handles and lower stomach flab, but I can't bring myself to do a full on cut and lose all size and fullness.. Lol

So I've been eating around 2500 calories a day, on Slintensity, Tr1umph, and ARA. Once or twice a week I may eat up to 3000 calories depending on how I am feeling.

Would it be pointless to try out a topical without being in a constant deficit? I am anywhere from 12-15% some days I am really bloated and others my stomach is fairly flat so it is hard to tell exactly lol

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
To keep from trying to start a pointless new thread I'm just going to post this here.. Would any topical fat loss products help lose midsection water/fat while doing more of a recomp instead of a cut? My main concern is the love handles and lower stomach flab, but I can't bring myself to do a full on cut and lose all size and fullness.. Lol

So I've been eating around 2500 calories a day, on Slintensity, Tr1umph, and ARA. Once or twice a week I may eat up to 3000 calories depending on how I am feeling.

Would it be pointless to try out a topical without being in a constant deficit? I am anywhere from 12-15% some days I am really bloated and others my stomach is fairly flat so it is hard to tell exactly lol
None of this stuff is magic. After having gone through 3 bottles of Eviscerate Smolder and 1 bottle of Vasoburn *with topical Clen* let me say this:

The mechanism behind these things is sound, scientifically, so I believe they *work*. And they will *work* even if you are 48% BF. It's not like they get on your skin and do an immediate DEXA scan and say "whoops, he's too fat, shut down boys!"

But what does that mean in terms of what you see/can measure? Well, I'm 21 days into a 60 day cut right now - started at 2400kcals and just dropped to 2300. I'm using Smolder in addition to *Oral* Clen, Yohimbine HCL, BAIBA, and Caffeine. My reductions at 2400 were about a pound a week and -.5mm/.25" - but there's measuring error there too. Hopefully 2300 will net 2lbs/week.

But what I'm saying is 99% will be your deficit - the extras are just that (IMO) small improvements on loss in a shorter period of time than deficit alone. If you are strapped for cash, save your money for Protein and stuff. If you have disposable supp income, then Topicals aren't a waste IMO - I plan to keep using them - just don't expect to go from 15% to 10% strictly with them.