Need a new PWO

mcc23

Awards
  • Established
So I've used HV in the past and recently changed to MP Assault. I got a new container of Assault the other day and had 1 scoop and noticed I felt NOTHING from it. This is in contrast to a month ago when 1 scoop would keep me absolutely wired. It MIGHT be a bad batch, but I've read some relatively recent reviews on other forums with people claiming the same thing..My guess is the formula has been changed, despite the label being the exact same.. There's just no kick behind it. Can anyone recommend something with great energy that still has nitrates, and potentially HydroMax?
Thanks

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
MP Assault has been reforumlated so many times, and I personally don't like where its gone. The original was my favorite.

Definitely take a look at Hypermax XT if you're looking for a pre with good energy. Hypermax XT provides you with 200mg of caffeine per scoop, and GMS, Agmatine, and Norvaline to deliver a nice pump. It also includes a newer stimulant on the market called eria jarensis extract, which delivers incredible focus and a very clean energy. Hypermax would be a perfect fit for what you are looking for.

mcc23

Awards
  • Established
If they added nitrates into that formula, it'd easily be the best PWO out there. No question. Still looks great though!

mcc23

Awards
  • Established
I'm drinking 1.5 scoops of the Assault I opened the other day and feel like I could go back to sleep... I wish they'd be more honest and indicate formula changes on the label...

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
High stim: Mesomorph
Middle to high: Max Out
Low stim: Volatile

Mesomorph has 65mg DMAA/srv, so it's a helluva stim package. Comes with nitrates + full dose of beta alanine as well. Hard to top!

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I would recommend Mesomorph by APS or Wild Thing by Assault Labs. Two great pwo's that will get you pumped and energized for sure!

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
If they added nitrates into that formula, it'd easily be the best PWO out there. No question. Still looks great though!
nitrates are kind of hard because of a certain patent

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
current favorite for energy/pump/endurance is conquer unleashed. Although it doesn't have nitrates OL sells nitrate caps for extremely cheap. Mesoroph is more of a stim pre for me (it hits that hard-which I like ) so it's also up there towards the top.

mcc23

Awards
  • Established
current favorite for energy/pump/endurance is conquer unleashed. Although it doesn't have nitrates OL sells nitrate caps for extremely cheap. Mesoroph is would be a more of a stim pre for me (it hits that hard) but it's up there towards the top for me as well.

Thanks for the reply. I'm leaning towards Mesomorph. Nitrates, Citrulline, Agmatine, and dmaa? Looks solid to me

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Best place to purchase Mesomorph?
any of the board sponsors on here that offer it.

Island Supplements
Lockout Supplements
Mind & Muscle
Nutriverse
Nutraplanet
PHW Supplements
Orbit Supplements
Strong Supplement Shop
TF Supplements
TGB Supplements

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
My two favorites right now are Mesomorph and Conqu3r Unleashed. Another one that I ONLY take if I am dead tired and need crazy energy and stims, is FinaFlex's Stimul8. Even then I sometimes only take a half of a scoop, and there are 40 scoops in a tub.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
CL white Rapids for a good pump and stim
AEN steel edge for a good stim and nootropic formula
OL conqu3r Unleashed for a great all round product

These are great choices to consider

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
My two favorites right now are Mesomorph and Conqu3r Unleashed. Another one that I ONLY take if I am dead tired and need crazy energy and stims, is FinaFlex's Stimul8. Even then I sometimes only take a half of a scoop, and there are 40 scoops in a tub.
Exact same for me, minus the Stimul8 (although I've used it in the past).

TrainerTone

TrainerTone

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Mesomorph definitely packs a punch. If you don't feel it kick in you may need to check your pulse lol

Robert5891

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Max Out (lemon drop flavor)
Mesomorph (rocket pop)
White Rapids (pineapple is GOAT)
Conqu3r Unleashed

regularly rotate through those depending on which workout day it is.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mesomorph is great but body "adapts" to the dmaa within 3 days. After that I don't really feel the stims, just get the benefits of the nitrates and it makes me a bit tired.

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Mesomorph is great but body "adapts" to the dmaa within 3 days. After that I don't really feel the stims, just get the benefits of the nitrates and it makes me a bit tired.
It helps to have a few products in rotation and only use Mesomorph 2-3 times a week.
However I don't experience this adaptation effect with Mesomorph, or Lean EFX which is a DMAA fat burner that I am currently logging. Both products have consistently provided sustained energy even taking the fat burner on a daily basis.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
It helps to have a few products in rotation and only use Mesomorph 2-3 times a week.
However I don't experience this adaptation effect with Mesomorph, or Lean EFX which is a DMAA fat burner that I am currently logging. Both products have consistently provided sustained energy even taking the fat burner on a daily basis.
Yeah I only use it 3 times per week at most. I experience this with any DMAA product though. The problem with Mesomorph is the nitrates and other pump ingredients. A dmaa product without these works much better for me, because I still feel the DMAA enough to give me a boost. As my body adapts to the DMAA in mesomorph the pump ingredients feel stronger and I end up feeling tired instead of energized. With the original Jack3d I went up to 3 scoops but still felt the dmaa even if using it for 1 month consistently.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
yea, all stims bring with them tolerance eventually. nature of the beast!

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Yeah I only use it 3 times per week at most. I experience this with any DMAA product though. The problem with Mesomorph is the nitrates and other pump ingredients. A dmaa product without these works much better for me, because I still feel the DMAA enough to give me a boost. As my body adapts to the DMAA in mesomorph the pump ingredients feel stronger and I end up feeling tired instead of energized. With the original Jack3d I went up to 3 scoops but still felt the dmaa even if using it for 1 month consistently.
Did you ever have the 1MR preworkout with DMAA in it? I went up to 3 scoops with that stuff too just to continue feeling effects from the DMAA, but it also messed me up afterwards, in regards to insomnia and stim d*ck, etc.
For some reason I don't get this issue, nor do I get the increase in tolerance, with Mesomorph.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
max out is one of my favorite on the market right now...it's so complete with everything you need

currently I'm using pump juice extreme and so far I really like that as well

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes, but I can still feel dmaa even after taking it for 1 month straight. Problem is when you add pump ingredients that counter the feeling you get from the dmaa.
I have never noted this, or heard anyone else who noted this either.

what MOA are you suggesting increasing nitric oxide utilizes to reduce CNS stimulation?

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Most ingredients for pumps will lower bp and make you feel relaxed. That's all I'm sayin.
increasing BP is a side effect of stims though...lowering said BP doesn't alter their CNS stimulation.

I'm not doubting that you feel this way, it just doesn't make much sense to me from a MOA viewpoint.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
increasing BP is a side effect of stims though...lowering said BP doesn't alter their CNS stimulation.

I'm not doubting that you feel this way, it just doesn't make much sense to me from a MOA viewpoint.
Ok well that's just the feeling I get when I use pump ingredients like agmatine or nitrates in addition to stimulants. Depending on the pre-workout sometimes I just get tired after taking it.

Robert5891

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Also due to its GDA properties, Agmatine on an empty stomach can also make one feel tired and light-headed from my experience.
How much agmatine were you dosing to feel this?

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
This has happened to me plenty of times. That's why I stopped using 2 scoops of High Volume, was too much and made me feel tired & light-headed. Also I think Bone is right. DMAA is a vasoconstrictor, and pump products produce vasodilation, so wouldn't they counteract the DMAA?
no, using a vasodilator with stims will not reduce their potency. using stims with vasodilators will undoubtedly reduce the efficacy of the vasodilators however.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Depends on how fasted I was, but usually when I get to the 1g range.
yeap. its a very underrated GDA. We mentioned its benefits for that on our bulk agmatine tubs

Robert5891

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I knee it has GDA properties but I've never really felt the bottoming out effect from it even when using 1-1.5g in my pre workout each morning that I workout fasted

compan

compan

Awards
I knee it has GDA properties but I've never really felt the bottoming out effect from it even when using 1-1.5g in my pre workout each morning that I workout fasted
Neither have I. I love me a good gram of Agmatine in my pre-workouts.

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
Hypermax xt would have been my choice as well. Since we know that it has choline which is used for mood enhancement and beta alanine which has been proven to destroy lactic acid by increasing carnosine inside the muscle.

Robert5891

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The new hypermax xt profile did look good when it came out. Haven't had the chance to try it out yet though.

ForceOfNature

Awards
Hypermax xt looks amazing
CU unleashed very clean
Condense if you want something simple, effective and cheap, plus it taste amazing! The pump is awesome on condense!

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Hypermax xt would have been my choice as well. Since we know that it has choline which is used for mood enhancement and beta alanine which has been proven to destroy lactic acid by increasing carnosine inside the muscle.
I've never used hypermax, but I was impressed with oxymax-very clean stim and mood enhancement. I would suppose that the stim effects are similar?

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've never used hypermax, but I was impressed with oxymax-very clean stim and mood enhancement. I would suppose that the stim effects are similar?
The stim effects are similar, but I would not expect that same euphoric feeling that you feel from OxyMax XT in HyperMax XT. The euphoric feeling comes from N-Phenethyl Dimethylamine and Beta-Phenylethylamine. Eria Jarensis does contain N-phenethyldimethylamine, so you should still feel a little of a euphoric feeling.

However, the stim effect is very similar. It is clean and long lasting. I would say stronger too, but not overly strong.

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
Conqu3r Unleashed - pump, stim, and intense focus without a crash. The novel stim is almost euphoric in feeling.
*Site-wide sale online during the Arnold in March ; )

Max Out - gives a good pump (dose about 45min out though), and ok stim/energy

Mesomorph - if you are a DMAA fan and like HIGH stims

bighulksmash

bighulksmash

Legend
Awards
Definitely agree with ANT , Hypermax xt is on point to get through the workout and still feel well energized . Oxymax has that clean euphoria and clean energy as well . Both really good products and formulations .

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Plenty of Hydromax in White Rapids and White Pipes. Samples are available of them if you want, in the Controlled Labs section.

Aaron.Cole

Aaron.Cole

Awards
no, using a vasodilator with stims will not reduce their potency. using stims with vasodilators will undoubtedly reduce the efficacy of the vasodilators however.
And it probably depends on the amount of vasoconstricting stims, too, right?

I keep hearing so much of Mesomorph. Gonna be my next pick of preWO when I need it. Probably will go with Rocket Pop. I'll post a review whenever I get it.

Using Max Pump for non-stim and I really like it. Makes it easy to combine with stims, too. I've heard good things about Max Pump + Stimul8. There's probably a log or something on the forums.

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Well generally alot of stimulants such as caffeine for example act as vasodilators in muscle tissue, particularly during intense exercise, so it will most likely potentiate the effect of other vasodilators :)

jamesm11

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I prefer preworkouts without yohimbine or dmaa. I bought a Condense, GAT nitraflex, and C4 50x. They all were great, but I never noticed one being noticeably better than another.

I don't know how anyone needs over 250mg caffeine.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I prefer preworkouts without yohimbine or dmaa. I bought a Condense, GAT nitraflex, and C4 50x. They all were great, but I never noticed one being noticeably better than another.

I don't know how anyone needs over 250mg caffeine.
caffeine is like any other drug, you use it long enough more is required.