What can and can not be taking w/Slinmax?

smallba

smallba

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I just ordered Slinmax today, i have no experience with GDA's. I was curious of the do's and don'ts? or if there are any?

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Its a pretty versatile product so you will need to see what works best for you. For bulking we recommend 2 capsules 15-20 minutes prior to a meal containing 50-100 grams of carbs, twice per day. For cutting we would recommend 1 capsules 2-4 times per day 15-20 minutes before smaller carbohydrate meals. If you give us more information on your goals and diet I can help provide more specific guidelines!

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Most will recommend keeping any Forskolin products dosed hours apart due to the berberine in Slinmax. The need for this has been debated, and others will chime in.

I personally don't separate them, just due to ease of dosing.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
As cubsfan815 said, the biggest conflict with dosing times comes if you are taking another product containing forskolin. Slinmax contains berberine, which has been studied to decrease cAMP levels. Forskolin is used to increase cAMP levels, so taking the two together isn't recommended. Other than that, I can't think of any other issues with taking other supplements with Slinmax.

As far as dosing goes, I always dose 1 cap for anything less than 50-60g of carbs. 1 cap is the sweet spot for a moderate amount of carbs, and I always like to take 2 when I'm having a high carb meal or a cheat/refeed meal.

lamapuppy

Awards
Is there any benefit to taking GDAs on a bulk?

smallba

smallba

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Its a pretty versatile product so you will need to see what works best for you. For bulking we recommend 2 capsules 15-20 minutes prior to a meal containing 50-100 grams of carbs, twice per day. For cutting we would recommend 1 capsules 2-4 times per day 15-20 minutes before smaller carbohydrate meals. If you give us more information on your goals and diet I can help provide more specific guidelines!
My goals are to increase strength and size which i have done well over this year. I try to have my daily calories around 3000 with 250g of Protein, 300g Carbs, 90g Fat (All Approx. Pre-Prep meals Vary and Training day) Gym 4 days week (MicroCycle), Active Rest the other 3 days. I want to keep this belly down and get little more growth and fullness out of this bulking.

smallba

smallba

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Most will recommend keeping any Forskolin products dosed hours apart due to the berberine in Slinmax. The need for this has been debated, and others will chime in.

I personally don't separate them, just due to ease of dosing.
As cubsfan815 said, the biggest conflict with dosing times comes if you are taking another product containing forskolin. Slinmax contains berberine, which has been studied to decrease cAMP levels. Forskolin is used to increase cAMP levels, so taking the two together isn't recommended. Other than that, I can't think of any other issues with taking other supplements with Slinmax.

As far as dosing goes, I always dose 1 cap for anything less than 50-60g of carbs. 1 cap is the sweet spot for a moderate amount of carbs, and I always like to take 2 when I'm having a high carb meal or a cheat/refeed meal.
Alright thanks guys, exactly what i was looking for.

Pec.Major

Awards
  • Established
How would you guys dose Slinmax together with ABE? Berberine and Forskolin should be separated if I have understand everything correctly.
But at the same time I eat a big carb meal 3 hours before workout (150-200g carbs), and at that time I would like to take Slinmax and ABE together. And with my second big meal (post workout) ABE only.

I eat 2 big carb meals a day. Beside that protein shake or some kind of protein rich food. But I am reconsidering starting to eat 3 big meals a day. To get more calories in during the day. How would you guys set up Slinmax with ABE to rip the benefits from both supplement? I am currently bulking/recomping. Any advice would be appreciated.

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
How would you guys dose Slinmax together with ABE? Berberine and Forskolin should be separated if I have understand everything correctly.
But at the same time I eat a big carb meal 3 hours before workout (150-200g carbs), and at that time I would like to take Slinmax and ABE together. And with my second big meal (post workout) ABE only.

I eat 2 big carb meals a day. Beside that protein shake or some kind of protein rich food. But I am reconsidering starting to eat 3 big meals a day. To get more calories in during the day. How would you guys set up Slinmax with ABE to rip the benefits from both supplement? I am currently bulking/recomping. Any advice would be appreciated.
I would do 2 SlinMax before your big carb meal, so about 3 hours or so before your workout, then dose the ABE 30 minutes pre workout. While there may be some negative interactions with Berberine and Forskolin, berberine has a half life of about 3-4 hours so seperating the doses by 3-4 hours should be sufficient, so this set up shoudl work fine. Then with your post workout meal you can dose ABE as you suggested and then use SlinMax again later that day!

Pec.Major

Awards
  • Established
I would do 2 SlinMax before your big carb meal, so about 3 hours or so before your workout, then dose the ABE 30 minutes pre workout. While there may be some negative interactions with Berberine and Forskolin, berberine has a half life of about 3-4 hours so seperating the doses by 3-4 hours should be sufficient, so this set up shoudl work fine. Then with your post workout meal you can dose ABE as you suggested and then use SlinMax again later that day!
Thanks for your input Adizzle1! Would 2-3 caps of SlinMax be enough a day? That way 1 bottle would last me 60-40 days. I usually train around 5-6pm a clock so my post workout meal would be the last meal for the day.

About ABE though, it does also have some GDA properties. I was thinking ditching my IF approach and eat more regular.

Lets say,

Breakfast, when waking up: 2-3caps SlinMax (100-150g carbs)

Lunch, Pre workout meal: 2 caps ABE (100-150g carbs)

Dinner, Post workout meal: 2 caps ABE (100-150carbs)

Maybe kbayne can chime in on this topic as well. :)

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yea that could work just fine! 3 caps may be a bit much but if your hitting 150g carbs may work out just fine and with this plan your seperating the doses quite well so should be good!

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Thanks for your input Adizzle1! Would 2-3 caps of SlinMax be enough a day? That way 1 bottle would last me 60-40 days. I usually train around 5-6pm a clock so my post workout meal would be the last meal for the day.

About ABE though, it does also have some GDA properties. I was thinking ditching my IF approach and eat more regular.

Lets say,

Breakfast, when waking up: 2-3caps SlinMax (100-150g carbs)

Lunch, Pre workout meal: 2 caps ABE (100-150g carbs)

Dinner, Post workout meal: 2 caps ABE (100-150carbs)

Maybe kbayne can chime in on this topic as well. :)
Pretty much a non issue as you are bulking.

You want to avoid the Berberine + Forskolin combo during a cut as Berberine will significantly reduce Forskolin (or any other PDE inhibitor) cAMP properties and the fat burning effects.

Pec.Major

Awards
  • Established
Pretty much a non issue as you are bulking.

You want to avoid the Berberine + Forskolin combo during a cut as Berberine will significantly reduce Forskolin (or any other PDE inhibitor) cAMP properties and the fat burning effects.
Okey. So dosing SlinMax with ABE together would be fine as my goal is not a calorie deficit?
But dosing that way would inhibit the cAMP effects from Forskolin and Lodhra bark extract and you don´t get the steroidogenesis effect from the elvatet cAMP? That way the body composition effects and even the testosterone increase get diminished from Forskolin and Lodhra?

excuse me for my amount of question, just want to get the full effects from my supplements. :)

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Okey. So dosing SlinMax with ABE together would be fine as my goal is not a calorie deficit?
But dosing that way would inhibit the cAMP effects from Forskolin and Lodhra bark extract and you don´t get the steroidogenesis effect from the elvatet cAMP? That way the body composition effects and even the testosterone increase get diminished from Forskolin and Lodhra?

excuse me for my amount of question, just want to get the full effects from my supplements. :)
The decrease of cAMP that Berberine has on F95 is not that significant, but I understand one would want to get the most out of the products. One always wants to get their moneys worth. Just use the advice in here; keep the dosage at least 3 hours apart.

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established

Yes, it will still attenuate the elevation in cAMP but not fully.

Really comes down to personal preference.

I'm not sure I would want to be dosing Berberine (among other GDA and/or antioxidants) too close to workouts anyways.

The decrease of cAMP that Berberine has on F95 is not that significant, but I understand one would want to get the most out of the products. One always wants to get their moneys worth. Just use the advice in here; keep the dosage at least 3 hours apart.
I would consider it a significant issue, especially if in a deficit and mainly looking for body composition and fat burning via Forskolin and elevated cAMP. At least, that is what the data shows.

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
When dosed together there was a 50% decrease in Forskolins ability to increase lipolysis, so it definitely effects Forskolin but its not completely negating Forskolins effects but diminishing them by half and this is dosed at exact same time. By simply separating doses by 4-6 hours, with Berberines short half life, i doubt it would be a very significant issue, even while cutting. I think the main point would be simply separate dosing and should be good to go!

Pec.Major

Awards
  • Established
When dosed together there was a 50% decrease in Forskolins ability to increase lipolysis, so it definitely effects Forskolin but its not completely negating Forskolins effects but diminishing them by half and this is dosed at exact same time. By simply separating doses by 4-6 hours, with Berberines short half life, i doubt it would be a very significant issue, even while cutting. I think the main point would be simply separate dosing and should be good to go!
Cool, good to know. Then my dosing protocol above would be good to go? Taking SlinMax when having a cheat meal (candy, ice cream, pizza etc) would be a good idea as well?

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Cool, good to know. Then my dosing protocol above would be good to go? Taking SlinMax when having a cheat meal (candy, ice cream, pizza etc) would be a good idea as well?
As long as your breakfast and lunch are 4-6 hours apart your dosing is fine. Yes you can use SlinMax during a cheat meal. No need to go more than two capsules

Pec.Major

Awards
  • Established
As long as your breakfast and lunch are 4-6 hours apart your dosing is fine. Yes you can use SlinMax during a cheat meal. No need to go more than two capsules
Is the Na-R-ALA in SlinMax Geronova sourced?

Adizzle1

Adizzle1

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
No its not however it is 3rd party lab tested with every batch and we are using quality Na-R-ALA material! Not sure if you kept up with the launch of SlinMax but it was delayed by an extract 3-4+ months simply because we had such a hard time finding a quality source for Na-R-ALA material, we tested ALOT of samples before finally finding the quality material we use now. Of course with Performax products, quality is of upmost importance so we had no problem delaying the launch even though consumers were getting irritated, because we knew the end product would be more then worth it for the wait!

Logray

Awards
  • Established
Sorry guys to bump up this old thread but it is the most relevan to my question:
I use a GDA (sadly none of my packages containing good ones arrived yet) and a product containing forskolin "Lean Boss" (it says you should take the six caps 3*2).
Here is how I use them:
540AM: 2 GDA
Breakfast (60carb mostly oats) at 600AM take two caps of LB while eating
840AM: 1 GDA
900AM: Low carb 30g food
12:00 Lunch 40g carb 2 caps of LB
215pm: 1 GDA
230: pre workout meal 60g of carb
4pm train, after shake
6pm: pwo meal
9pm: "no" carb meal(cottage cheese, casein) with two LB

I'm trying to lean bulk but Ive read that forkolin and berberine interacts/ cancels each others effect to some degree. Can someone suggest a dosing to minimize this based on the above? I use this GDA until the others(slinmax, glycophase, primalog) arrives.
Thanks!!!!!
idrive-label.jpeg
71c5BCIscKL._AC_SL1500_.jpeg

appollo86

appollo86

Awards
Hi, can i take 5 caps per day? Like 2 tome 2 caps with largest carb meals and cap before bed with 20 gram carb meal?

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hi, can i take 5 caps per day? Like 2 tome 2 caps with largest carb meals and cap before bed with 20 gram carb meal?
I wouldn't waste a cap with only 20 grams of carbs if you are using 4 caps of SlinMax daily

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Technically you could, but probably wouldn't be the best way to use it. You'll also go through a bottle quicker if you're using 5 caps per day. I would stick to using 2 caps before your bigger carb meals