Best Lifting Shoe?

Zoomie33240

Zoomie33240

Awards
  • Established
I currently have 2 pairs of shoes that I take to the gym, Asics Wrestling shoes (which I love for weights) and Brooks running shoes (for cardio). I'm tired of carrying around two pairs of shoes haha. Just interested to see if anyone had suggestions on a solid shoe for lifts and cardio that they like (maybe some type of cross-trainers)?

Zoomie33240

Zoomie33240

Awards
  • Established
I also posted this in "supplements" because good shoes are a very important supplemental lifting aid :biggthumpup:

TGB1987

TGB1987

Awards
  • Established
Zoomie33240 I I like the reebok Crossfit shoes for weight training and for cardio. There are different types or styles and some are not good for cardio

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't mind the reebok nano shoes for every day and some gym wear but for squats and deadlifts I would prefer a shoe (like your wrestling shoes) over any others.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Adidas Samba. I've used a pair strictly for the gym for 6 years and they still look and perform like new.

ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1454853174.366650.jpg

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
Nike metcons are pretty sweet
Only issue with those is the first generation would wear out very very quickly. Maybe they changed the composite used for the second version.

wesb2387

wesb2387

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Only issue with those is the first generation would wear out very very quickly. Maybe they changed the composite used for the second version.
What wore out quickly? The soles?

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
it's hard for a shoe to get the right mix of stability for lifting and give for cardio. Rebook nano's do the best or nike metcons from what I've seen

Burnfire

Burnfire

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

I'm loving mine! I was wearing converse, but they started to smell so I needed to get something. I've been hearing good things about these so I decided to try them out. Real pleased with my decision.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

I'm loving mine! I was wearing converse, but they started to smell so I needed to get something. I've been hearing good things about these so I decided to try them out. Real pleased with my decision.
Yes sir! I bought two pairs of nano 5.0s during the Black Friday sale. They work great for lifting and performing cardio. An all around great workout shoe!

AKM007

Awards
I personally use vibrams 5 fingers because I am into the minimilistic stuff. ...provides a flat profile and works well.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I personally use vibrams 5 fingers because I am into the minimilistic stuff. ...provides a flat profile and works well.
New balance minimus shoes work great! I wear those around the house when I'm not using my nanos.

mattierocks

mattierocks

Awards
  • Established
New balance minimus shoes work great! I wear those around the house when I'm not using my nanos.
I also use New Balance Minimus cross trainers. They are awesome!

Zoomie33240

Zoomie33240

Awards
  • Established
Thanks everyone! I was interested in the nanos and its nice to see they are good shoes. I need to check out those nikes and new balance as well. Hopefully I can find a good all around shoe but if all else fails I'll just get one of these suggestions and another pair of wrestling shoes/running shoes haha. Would really be nice to not have to stuff two pairs in my gym bag before work though

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I use 2 shoes myself. With a crossover show you are sacraficing from both sides of the coin and it's really not worth it to me, but for others they may not mind. I guess it really depends on goals. I also tend to separate any cardio away from weightlifting by a few hours (almost up to a day at times) so it doesn't really become inconvenient for me to switch shoes

Zoomie33240

Zoomie33240

Awards
  • Established
I use 2 shoes myself. With a crossover show you are sacraficing from both sides of the coin and it's really not worth it to me, but for others they may not mind. I guess it really depends on goals. I also tend to separate any cardio away from weightlifting by a few hours (almost up to a day at times) so it doesn't really become inconvenient for me to switch shoes
That's definitely true and that is why I decided to go with two separate pairs of shoes for so long. But seeing as I am a bodybuilder and not a powerlifter I was revisiting the idea of only spending cash on one shoe. If it screws my lifts up though I'm going to have to stick with the same approach. Those nano's look really comfortable though and seem to have a solid base (from the pics)

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I wear my wrestling shoes on lower days and regular nikes for upper days. Sometimes I'll wear my Adidas powerlifting shoes for lowers. My vibrams pissed me off to no end. The hardest effn "shoes" to get into. I want something quick and slips on easily. Something all velcro and no lace.

anab0lix

anab0lix

Awards
  • Established
Adidas powerlift are great shoes. You just can't run in them.

adipower is more expensive and can't really justify getting them unless one is real serious with oly lifts.

Zoomie33240

Zoomie33240

Awards
  • Established
I wear my wrestling shoes on lower days and regular nikes for upper days. Sometimes I'll wear my Adidas powerlifting shoes for lowers. My vibrams pissed me off to no end. The hardest effn "shoes" to get into. I want something quick and slips on easily. Something all velcro and no lace.
That's a good idea. I may just save my worn out wrestling shoes for leg days and get some crosstrainer shoes for upperbody/cardio. I'm glad I've never used vibrams after seeing what you said about them haha.

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
I wear my romaleos for squat days only. Normal days I use nike frees or flyknits. If I have to do deads, shrugs, overhead press, or bent rows the shoes comes off and I go socks only. I only run during the summer time at the last phase of my cut, I hate cardio.

StatePlan1425

StatePlan1425

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
As a wrestler and coach, I wear my wrestling shoes everyday. :) My suggestion is that you find a local/provincial program/club and use that as your cardio days. More fun than a treadmill!

StatePlan1425

StatePlan1425

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
On another note: I remember Puccah once posted a pic of herself in her wrestling shoes...she had my heart ever since. ;-)

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
On another note: I remember Puccah once posted a pic of herself in her wrestling shoes...she had my heart ever since. ;-)
Haha, I live in those shoes. Oh, and my Crocs, too! :)

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Gonna bump this instead of a new thread.

Need a new shoe to run in... Any suggestions? My UA hurt my back when I run outside

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Same here - I alternate cardio days and weight days. I started out barefoot (have my own gym). 72 stubbed toes later I was going to get a pair of leather Converse for durability. But I was actually able to find the Reebok Crossfit Lite TR's for cheeeeeep. I'm usually not into the marketing/celebrity crap but I have to admit, it's a good shoe. Going on over a year now. I squat in a pair of squat shoes - best bang for buck Wei-Rui Warrior's. Cardio is done in Asics Gel Cumulus 17's. I don't see how one shoe could ever do it all correctly.

AKM007

Awards
I have mentioned it before and do it again, Vibrams might be a headache to put on but it's nice to run in. Resolved my knee pain since they became my go tos...

Some important considerations should what sort of places do you run in..like Off road or asphalt or the local track etc and also what kind of weather are you normally exposed to while running.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have mentioned it before and do it again, Vibrams might be a headache to put on but it's nice to run in. Resolved my knee pain since they became my go tos...

Some important considerations should what sort of places do you run in..like Off road or asphalt or the local track etc and also what kind of weather are you normally exposed to while running.
Outside. Asphalt/concrete paths. Occasionally dirt paths. Tend to run with my dog

Generally sunny.

AKM007

Awards
Some suggestions, vibrams New Balance, ASICS, Saucony all make some great running shoes..Hope that helps.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Some suggestions, vibrams New Balance, ASICS, Saucony all make some great running shoes..Hope that helps.
Have used both saucony and ASICS. Great shoes especially during my endurance running training.

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I wear my romaleos for squat days only. Normal days I use nike frees or flyknits. If I have to do deads, shrugs, overhead press, or bent rows the shoes comes off and I go socks only. I only run during the summer time at the last phase of my cut, I hate cardio.
Sub the Roma's for adipower an we're on the same page.

3pic_B3ast

3pic_B3ast

Awards
  • Established
I love my Reebok Crossfit Lifter Plus shoes for squats.
image.jpeg

But for an over all good shoe that can do everything I recommend Reebok Nano.

SFreed

SFreed

Board Supporter
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Really depends on your foot. I'm a big fan of Saucony Triumph Iso. One of my favorite running shoes. If I'm trail running, then it's Speedcross 3's, Saucony Peregrine's or Innov8 mudclaws, depending on the conditions.

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
What's your reasoning for picking adipower over Roma's?
It'll sound stupid, but adidas has been in the oly shoe business for a long time, I even read they were the first, but not sure how true that is.
So I figured I'd trust their experience in the industry over the popular Roma's

wesb2387

wesb2387

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Valid reason, I dunno if it's true or not but whatever. I personally love my Romaleos. They were a bitch to break in but, once that happened they were money.

brofessorx

brofessorx

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yea, my first few workouts in my adipower were hell as well

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't care for my adidas powerlifting shoes, hate putting on my vibrams, stick to my wrestling shoes for lower days, and thin sole nikes for upper/sprinting days.