BAIBA questions.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well, this stuff is getting more popular so I gotta ask...how does the powder taste? Do you guys just mix it in protein shakes or something?

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
I've heard it is tasteless. Gonna crack open my tub in a week or so, at which point I'll report back.

I'm not completely sold on the supp just yet, so this is more of a "test run" for me.

hewhoisripped

hewhoisripped

Awards
  • Established
Pretty much no taste whatsoever! Very easy to slip into your preworkout, creatine or even just some water (you will notice a flavor but nothing worse than creatine, except this dissolves orders of magnitude better).

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Pretty much no taste whatsoever! Very easy to slip into your preworkout, creatine or even just some water (you will notice a flavor but nothing worse than creatine, except this dissolves orders of magnitude better).
Well that makes it easy, thanks!

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Zero taste... If not measuring it out via scale, I've found it's actually ~3/4 tsp for the 1gram, not the 1/4 tsp as the label states...

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Zero taste... If not measuring it out via scale, I've found it's actually ~3/4 tsp for the 1gram, not the 1/4 tsp as the label states...
That's a good heads up! A lot of people may want to know this too.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
I'm not completely sold on the supp just yet, so this is more of a "test run" for me.
Me either but I too dropped some coin on a tub. It actually seems to have better data for our demographic (ie. fairly lean) than for obese people - which is why I decided to try it. After ~2 years, I'm aware of how the scale/tape/caliper behaves during a cut - so we'll see if anything is accelerated outside the margin of error (I have a damn DEXA 30 minutes away, but have yet to drag my lazy a$$ over there and pay the $40!).

The HED from the mouse data is 8mg/Kg, so that is what I'll be doing - should make the tub last longer. They put it in the mice's water, so I don't know if split dosing is better than all at once? Fasted/Fed? Pre-Cardio? Guess we're the "mice" for this one :)

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Me either but I too dropped some coin on a tub. It actually seems to have better data for our demographic (ie. fairly lean) than for obese people - which is why I decided to try it. After ~2 years, I'm aware of how the scale/tape/caliper behaves during a cut - so we'll see if anything is accelerated outside the margin of error (I have a damn DEXA 30 minutes away, but have yet to drag my lazy a$$ over there and pay the $40!).

The HED from the mouse data is 8mg/Kg, so that is what I'll be doing - should make the tub last longer. They put it in the mice's water, so I don't know if split dosing is better than all at once? Fasted/Fed? Pre-Cardio? Guess we're the "mice" for this one :)
Can't wait to hear back from you. I plan on being a labrat myself. The conversion for me comes out to about 700-750 mg per day.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
768mg for me :) Luckily I have a MyWeigh 440-Z scale :) Yeah, we'll see what happens. But as usual, I'm also using 50,000 other things to cut as well (with Ostarine & MK-677 too).... maybe I should log it! J/K :)

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

if doing BSA dosing conversions, the theoretical human dosing would be 1.29mg/kg, or 105.54mg for a 180lbs guy.

Not saying a higher dose won't be needed, just thought this was interesting.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Dose translation from animal to human studies revisited

Shannon Reagan-Shaw*, Minakshi Nihal*,† and Nihal Ahmad*,†‡,1

*Department of Dermatology,
†Paul P. Carbone Comprehensive Cancer Center;
‡Molecular and Environmental Toxicology Center, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin, USA

↵Correspondence: 1Correspondence: Department of Dermatology, University of Wisconsin, B-25 Medical Science Center, 1300 University Ave., Madison, WI 53706, USA. E-mail: nahmad{at}wisc.edu

CORRECT DOSE CALCULATION: AN EXAMPLE

As described above, confusion and concerns emanated from a recent study by Baur et al. (2)⇓ , where a dose of 22.4 mg/kg (body weight) of resveratrol was used in a mouse study on aging and obesity-related disorders. The media reported that a 60 kg human would have to consume 1344 mg of resveratrol per day in order to receive a like benefit, a serious misinterpretation of the research. Using an average of 2 mg resveratrol per bottle of wine (6)⇓ , this calculation implies that a person would have to drink 672 bottles of red wine to approximate the resveratrol equivalent.

However, the Food and Drug Administration (7)⇓ has suggested that the extrapolation of animal dose to human dose is correctly performed only through normalization to BSA, which often is represented in mg/m2. The human dose equivalent can be more appropriately calculated by using the formula shown in Fig. 1⇓ . To convert the dose used in a mouse to a dose based on surface area for humans, multiply 22.4 mg/kg (Baur’s mouse dose) by the Km factor (3) for a mouse and then divide by the Km factor (37) for a human (Table 1⇓ ). This calculation results in a human equivalent dose for resveratrol of 1.82 mg/kg, which equates to a 109 mg dose of resveratrol for a 60 kg person..
100mg/Kg (BAIBA Mouse Dose) * Km Factor (Mouse) 3 / Km Factor (Human) 37 = 8.108108108108108mg/Kg

Not correct?

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Maybe I misread you... you said mouse dosing was 8mg/kg(I didn't read up on the studies, just going off what you said)

I did rat BSA(nice call on the mouse difference)

so my math was:

6/37 x 8mg = 1.29mg/kg

Now that you show me it was 100mg/kg for mouse dose, it makes way more sense :D

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
The HED from the mouse data is 8mg/Kg
I can see how that may have been ambiguous, no prob. Always want to make sure of dosing, that's for sure! LOL.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I can see how that may have been ambiguous, no prob. Always want to make sure of dosing, that's for sure! LOL.
yea i was SUPER surprised to see a study(again, I hadn't read it, was just scanning in this thread) that went with 8mg/kg on mice for an amino acid...100mg/kg makes way more sense. thanks for explaining it to me

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I wonder if the theory for lower body fat benefitting from this is true. I'm a pretty average guy (I hover between 12 and 15% body fat depending on the time of year and stuff) and I wonder if I have to be lower to really benefit.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
I wonder if the theory for lower body fat benefitting from this is true. I'm a pretty average guy (I hover between 12 and 15% body fat depending on the time of year and stuff) and I wonder if I have to be lower to really benefit.
I'm with you % wise - bud, compared to 98% of the population, we are lean :) Those obese mice were fat, fat, fat!

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I just read the article on the News page, looks like some very promising studies. Where are you guys getting the powder from? If its not an AM sponsor, can someone PM me? Thanks gents!

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I just read the article on the News page, looks like some very promising studies. Where are you guys getting the powder from? If its not an AM sponsor, can someone PM me? Thanks gents!
Antaeus Labs BAIBA. Sold at TGBSupplements, Lockout as well I believe.

NewAgeMayan

Awards
Nutriverse and PHW got it too.

Im pretty sure I remember henry recommending it be dosed with food, and away from training.

Personally, I split my 700mg dose up.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nutriverse and PHW got it too.

Im pretty sure I remember henry recommending it be dosed with food, and away from training.

Personally, I split my 700mg dose up.
I don't recall him saying that, but rather timing and with or w/o a meal irrelevant... I've been doing 1g/day preWO...

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I don't recall him saying that, but rather timing and with or w/o a meal irrelevant... I've been doing 1g/day preWO...
How long have you been using it, and have you noticed anything positive?

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How long have you been using it, and have you noticed anything positive?
Was just since last Friday I trusted my scale enough to let that determine what 1g looked like, otherwise had been using what amounted to ~500mg for four weeks prior, also using Shift (4 weeks in) and Brite (2 weeks in), noticing slight leaning out and seemingly handling increased workload...but can say going to 1g from what I was using makes me sweat quite a bit more, can literally wring sweat out of my gym clothes...

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
Interesting.

Doesn't that cut the amount down to like 15 ish days per tub?

Label says 30 1g servings @ 1/4 tsp. But if it actually takes 3/4 tsp to get the full 1g....

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Interesting.

Doesn't that cut the amount down to like 15 ish days per tub?

Label says 30 1g servings @ 1/4 tsp. But if it actually takes 3/4 tsp to get the full 1g....
One would think but it's not worked out that way for me... Had been doing 1/4 tsp for ~3 weeks but still had over half the tub still full...also ran a tub last year intending 500mg for 2 months, so 1/8 tsp, got to day 45 and realized still had over half the tub still...

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
One would think but it's not worked out that way for me... Had been doing 1/4 tsp for ~3 weeks but still had over half the tub still full...also ran a tub last year intending 500mg for 2 months, so 1/8 tsp, got to day 45 and realized still had over half the tub still...
Interesting. I wonder if Antaeus can give thoughts here.

AKM007

Awards
Would be interested to know the results as well....

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Interesting. I wonder if Antaeus can give thoughts here.
Same here, just to verify I'm not loco, lol... And if anyone with a digital scale could weigh out a 1/4 tsp to see what it shows, would be cool as well...

henryv

Awards
  • Established
Same here, just to verify I'm not loco, lol... And if anyone with a digital scale could weigh out a 1/4 tsp to see what it shows, would be cool as well...
It's possible that the powder settled, or that it's hygroscopic (sucking water out of the atmosphere). When we tested it we got 1/4 tsp = 500mg, which is roughly the same as confectioners sugar. A $20 mg scale is a good investment anyway. We could have capped it, but it would limit dosing flexibility and push the price up considerably. Considering that it's odorless/flavorless and mixes well, cheap bulk powder is the best option.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Mine should be here today, I'll do it if someone doesn't get to it first. I don't have 1/4tsp though, just various metric scoops. I was going to Tare out a 1g scoop and then measure a level BAIBA dose.

Edit: I think the wife has some "normal" scoops in the baking drawer - so should find 1/4tsp.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's possible that the powder settled, or that it's hygroscopic (sucking water out of the atmosphere). When we tested it we got 1/4 tsp = 500mg, which is roughly the same as confectioners sugar. A $20 mg scale is a good investment anyway. We could have capped it, but it would limit dosing flexibility and push the price up considerably. Considering that it's odorless/flavorless and mixes well, cheap bulk powder is the best option.
Mine should be here today, I'll do it if someone doesn't get to it first. I don't have 1/4tsp though, just various metric scoops. I was going to Tare out a 1g scoop and then measure a level BAIBA dose.

Edit: I think the wife has some "normal" scoops in the baking drawer - so should find 1/4tsp.
Henry, if I'm not mistaken, the label states 1/4 tsp is 1g? But cool, thanks guys...all I know is that for 2 weeks was using a packed, leveled 1/4 tsp, then 2 weeks a heaping 1/4 tsp...and now a week at weighing out 1 g, week 5 starts tomorrow, and still using the same tub...

henryv

Awards
  • Established
Henry, if I'm not mistaken, the label states 1/4 tsp is 1g? But cool, thanks guys...all I know is that for 2 weeks was using a packed, leveled 1/4 tsp, then 2 weeks a heaping 1/4 tsp...and now a week at weighing out 1 g, week 5 starts tomorrow, and still using the same tub...
Sorry, yeah. 1/8th tsp = 500mg.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Ok, here's the skinny:

This stuff is light, light, light. Half the weight of HMB-CA. A 1.7cc scoop is generally considered to be "1 Gram". My Tared out scale has a packed, level 1.7cc scoop of HMB-CA at exactly 1 gram. A packed, level scoop of BAIBA is 500mg. A heaping scoop is ~800mg, which is about perfect for my weight (770mg). Every one should *really* buy a scale if they use bulks :)

Edit: Whoops, almost forgot - Yes, a 1/4tsp is 500mg.

schizm

schizm

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ok, here's the skinny:

This stuff is light, light, light. Half the weight of HMB-CA. A 1.7cc scoop is generally considered to be "1 Gram". My Tared out scale has a packed, level 1.7cc scoop of HMB-CA at exactly 1 gram. A packed, level scoop of BAIBA is 500mg. A heaping scoop is ~800mg, which is about perfect for my weight (770mg). Every one should *really* buy a scale if they use bulks :)

Edit: Whoops, almost forgot - Yes, a 1/4tsp is 500mg.
Awesome, then my cheap, plastic scale, circa 1997 isn't that too far off, lol... thanks for doing that man.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for the clarification everyone. Can't decide if I'll go all in and buy 2-3 tubs

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I took this, along with Pes - Shift. I honestly can't say I noticed much. My diet is always the same, I rarely do cardio either. I'm fairly lean 10% bf or so and been training 10 + years.

I bought 2 tubs tho, so will try again at some stage. I think it made me feel a little hot after I took it.

hewhoisripped

hewhoisripped

Awards
  • Established
I took this, along with Pes - Shift. I honestly can't say I noticed much. My diet is always the same, I rarely do cardio either. I'm fairly lean 10% bf or so and been training 10 + years.

I bought 2 tubs tho, so will try again at some stage. I think it made me feel a little hot after I took it.
I'm sorry you didn't feel anything the first time around. Keep in mind that since BAIBA is for the most part free of side effects (except maybe some warmth, which you mentioned you may have felt), it can be hard to judge results. I hope you have more noticeable results with your second run, it seems for many extended use was needed before it truly began to shine.

hewhoisripped

hewhoisripped

Awards
  • Established
For those without access to an accurate measurement tool:
Try taking the BAIBA and combining it with something more volumus, such as creatine. If you mix your whole 30g tub of BAIBA into 60g of creatine, you will now roughly have 1g of BAIBA per scoop of creatine (assuming a standard 3g scoop). Granted this is a rough estimation, but it should work fairly well. This is one of the nice things about a bulk product like this.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Antaeus Labs BAIBA. Sold at TGBSupplements, Lockout as well I believe.
Hmm thanks.. because the last time i googled i couldn't find shiat!

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Same here. 7xxmg/Day (recco'd mg/kg amount for me) for 8 weeks - averaged the usual 1-2lbs per week I normally get without it. (I was also using almost *everything* else too - which leads me to just recco the cheap ECY and deficit as all you need for 99% of "Joes").

There is actually no human data as far as "Swallow this much BAIBA powder and lose this much more fat, over placebo" for it. The Framingham Heart Study only looked at natural levels and correlated benefits. Until there is more human trial data...

Rand0m

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the reply guys. My cut stacks are simple like ECY. Always curious about non-stim products though.

Chefdeez

Chefdeez

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for the reply guys. My cut stacks are simple like ECY. Always curious about non-stim products though.
Get a good evomuse topical instead. Perfect combo with EC

Rand0m

Awards
  • Established
Get a good evomuse topical instead. Perfect combo with EC
Will do if I need it. Going to see how solo ignit3 goes for the end of my cut. Is the burn free the same ingredients as the others? I'm not too sure if I'll be a fan of the burning sensation of a topical.

Chefdeez

Chefdeez

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Will do if I need it. Going to see how solo ignit3 goes for the end of my cut. Is the burn free the same ingredients as the others? I'm not too sure if I'll be a fan of the burning sensation of a topical.
Burn free is the same minus capsaicin.

nump

Awards
I've been dosing 2g a day and haven't noticed anything either, but I think it's suppose to be like Evomuse Brite where it works over an extended period of time, turning WAT into BAT. I don't think this has acute effects, but theoretically you should see results months later.

Chefdeez

Chefdeez

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've been dosing 2g a day and haven't noticed anything either, but I think it's suppose to be like Evomuse Brite where it works over an extended period of time, turning WAT into BAT. I don't think this has acute effects, but theoretically you should see results months later.
Yeah but I'm not going to continue using something for months unless the results are going to be amazing. There are a lot more effective products out there for half the cost of baiba.