28-Homobrassinolide (brassinosteroids) aka Mustard Muscle?

tranquilChaos

tranquilChaos

Awards
28-homobrassinolide

I've researched as much as I can find about this compound, but the data is limited. The articles I do find mention promising studies (on rats of course), but I'm surprised it's not widely available yet or being discussed considering some of the studies go back several years. I'm currently taking the only supplement I could find after exhaustive searches that contains it (a BCAA product), but its in a prop blend so no idea how much I'm getting or if it's quality. Does anyone know anything about this compound? Is it just a fancy ecdy?

DennisTheDane

DennisTheDane

Awards
  • Established
28-homobrassinolide

I've researched as much as I can find about this compound, but the data is limited. The articles I do find mention promising studies (on rats of course), but I'm surprised it's not widely available yet or being discussed considering some of the studies go back several years. I'm currently taking the only supplement I could find after exhaustive searches that contains it (a BCAA product), but its in a prop blend so no idea how much I'm getting or if it's quality. Does anyone know anything about this compound? Is it just a fancy ecdy?
I believe you need a ton of it to notice anything.. It was up some years ago

tranquilChaos

tranquilChaos

Awards
I believe you need a ton of it to notice anything.. It was up some years ago
The study I read said that the rats tested at 20 - 60mg / kg / day. I think that translates to around 1.8 - 5.4g for a 200lb man per day. I think I also read somewhere that it takes roughly 1kg of plant material to produce between 100 - 200mg of homobrassinolide. If that's true I can see how completely impractical it would be to produce. Bummer. Thanks for the info.

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The study I read said that the rats tested at 20 - 60mg / kg / day. I think that translates to around 1.8 - 5.4g for a 200lb man per day. I think I also read somewhere that it takes roughly 1kg of plant material to produce between 100 - 200mg of homobrassinolide. If that's true I can see how completely impractical it would be to produce. Bummer. Thanks for the info.
HED is not simply multiplying the rat/kg dosage by the human weight.

tranquilChaos

tranquilChaos

Awards
HED is not simply multiplying the rat/kg dosage by the human weight.
Understood, but given the lack of data, effective dose could be 50mg, 500mg or 5g, if it works in humans at all. It doesn't seem like anyone really knows.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
for the rats that were tested they were given 33 micrograms of 28-homobrassinolide per kg bodyweight every day for 15 days. For a man weighing 80 kg (176 lbs) that amounts to 4.3 mg per day.

28-homobrassinolide is an inducer of testosterone production in normal and diabetic rat testicular cells. the results indicate a possible role for endogenous oxysterols in animal cells in the regulation of male reproductive function, since 28-homobrassinolide as a plant oxysterol is capable of eliciting the observed biological responses in rat testicular function.

In short, the results were conclusive that this works. cost for1 kilogram is around 160.00 and will yield 10- 100 micrograms
1000 micro's = 1 mg
1000000 mg =1 kg

at 5 mg per day, you should be able to produce 200,000 servings

if my math is correct

then there is another study -dosing protocol equates to a dosage of between 1363 and 4090 mg per day for a 150 lb man.

in conclusion, i can see why this never made any headway. Its F'ing retarded, eat a hotdog and put a pound of mustard on it and go lift.

jacobcook91

jacobcook91

Awards
28-homobrassinolide

So what was the product?

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So what was the product?
its a 4 year old thread .. i dont think the dude posts here anymore

i have no idea as well .. never really dug much into it

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
So what was the product?
Plant "steroidal" compounds.
I tried a different one, Decades ago, and gained a little weight, HOWEVER I also upped my calories dramatically.
(I'm pretty sure it was just the extra calories).

Here is an article (just for informational purposes).
But note the date on the article ....
Around the same time as this thread.

I'm not recommending running out and purchasing something like this.

jacobcook91

jacobcook91

Awards
Plant "steroidal" compounds.
I tried a different one, Decades ago, and gained a little weight, HOWEVER I also upped my calories dramatically.
(I'm pretty sure it was just the extra calories).

Here is an article (just for informational purposes).
But note the date on the article ....
Around the same time as this thread.

I'm not recommending running out and purchasing something like this.

I was looking into laxogenin and quickly realized that no research has been concerning it’s effectiveness. So I looked into other nrassinosteroids and the articles I found indicated that it was the 18-homo which was actually effective.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I was looking into laxogenin and quickly realized that no research has been concerning it’s effectiveness. So I looked into other nrassinosteroids and the articles I found indicated that it was the 18-homo which was actually effective.
Laxogenin is one of those compounds that some guys seem to respond to, and many others get absolutely nothing from.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Supplements 2