Iron supplementation

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Looking into an iron supplement. Any specific brand and dosage that you guys recommend?

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
First off I need to ask why,

Iron is something I would only supplement with as a male if doctor ordered, or had supporting bloods

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
First off I need to ask why,

Iron is something I would only supplement with as a male if doctor ordered, or had supporting bloods
For my wife, who is anemic.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sometimes I take women's multivitamins, prenatal pills, or collagen pills. My sister who is anemic as well takes regular iron pills and women's centrum.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
For my wife, who is anemic.
Well then that explains it pretty quick doesn't it lol

How is she with red meat?
Current intake of it decent?

I have never had to look into the supplement side of this, I will let others suggest brands

with a few clients have fixed it through diet alone (this was what they came to me wanting to try)

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
Proferrin ES

FireRescue

Awards
  • Established
Liver Tabs may help build the blood up as well. I only have a sample size of 1 :) but it was effective for the female in question.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Slow FE is the most widely used to treat anemia. My wife gets hers at CVS and its very inexpensive. If she is anemic she should be treating it under the supervision of a doctor and/or with at least regular blood work. Iron overload is a very bad thing and can permanently damage vital organs is left untreated.

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
I would consult your physician but any standard iron supplement at 10-20mg daily is standard