How to cut after a long bulk?

Goal_swole

Goal_swole

Awards
I have a question regarding how to start my cut after this long bulk and what supplement can be used to get better results.

I have two bottles of each PES norcodrene and shift. Should I start first without these and the after 6-8 weeks add both these to help me further or it's better to start cut with these supps? What other supps(fat burners etc) will you guys recommend?

Further details and some basic doubts:
My TDEE is around 2800 cals and right now I am eating approx 3400 p:220,c:360,f:120 (yeah current calories are bit on the higher side). What I have planned is to cut at 2500 calories p:220,c:225,f:80 till I hit the plateau. Now I have decided to start this cut after 2-3 weeks- So should I start directly at 2500 then or there is some benefit of reducing calories gradually to 3100, 2800, 2500 over this time? How does this deficit of 300 sounds as a starting point for the cut? And what do you think about the macros breakdown.

(And regarding the workouts I will train 3x a week and I have planned to lower down volume a bit but to do the compound exercises and keeping the intensity high (heavy lifting) so as to maintain the small amount of muscles that I have gained during this bulk. And If later required then I will add 1-2 cardio sessions too. )

Any other suggestions regarding nutrition/workouts/supplements are most welcome

Thanks.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I would say get your diet and training layout down perfect. Whenever you have that then start your norcodrene and shift. That's actually what I recommend when cutting are those two products. You could throw in an epicatechin product as well. I've had good luck with anafuse when cutting. It has epicatechin and laxogenin in it.

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
as leanengineer stated getting diet in place will be the first thing to do, with supplements coming in second.
Once you have diet in place, you can add fat burners such as OxyMax xt (or the ones you already have).

Then if your budget allows I would get a staple product like Cremax XT which provides daily amounts of creatine and other ingredients that will help you make the most of your training. Are you currently taking a creatine product or preworkout?

TeamTGB

TeamTGB

Awards
I would hold off on the thermos for a few weeks your metabolism as well as your appetite will start to skyrocket they will help to keep your appetite at bay. Some good natural anabolics such as Tr1umph, Most Wanted, X-Gels can aid in lean mass retention and help lean you out as well i always add them in during a cut to hold on to as much muscle tissue as possible. As for the calories you will have to play with them a bit if you find you are stalling out you can drop into a greater deficit or add in more cardio to your regiment.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How long do you plan to cut?

Making a couple assumptions without knowing that though I'd jump right into the 2500 to start. Continue with any basic long term products you use (Creatine, etc) then add in Norcodrene after the first 2-4 weeks of cutting.

You could add PEScience Shift if you want to add anything to Norcodrene (or Forskolin-95+). The additional benefits in boosting metabolism and appetite suppression can help any cut (and the high percentage Forskolin extract has data showing improved fat loss and muscle retention/gains).

This is all depending on cut duration though, if it is only for a shorter period of time there is no issue starting Norcodrene usage right away, but if going longer than 8 weeks in cutting I'd go with the above recommendation. ?

Goal_swole

Goal_swole

Awards
Thanks guys for the solid advice. I will try to do a long/slow cut for 12-16 weeks. For first 4 weeks I will just concentrate on nutrition and training and then for next 8 weeks I will use norco and shift. Then depending on the results I will set up further plans.

Are there any supps that can help with the muscle retention during calorie deficit?

(Supplements that I am using now are protein, creatine, multivitamin, fish oil, cissus, PA, clear muscle, pre-workout)

TeamTGB

TeamTGB

Awards
Thanks guys for the solid advice. I will try to do a long/slow cut for 12-16 weeks. For first 4 weeks I will just concentrate on nutrition and training and then for next 8 weeks I will use norco and shift. Then depending on the results I will set up further plans.

Are there any supps that can help with the muscle retention during calorie deficit?

(Supplements that I am using now are protein, creatine, multivitamin, fish oil, cissus, PA, clear muscle, pre-workout)
Anabeta Elite/ X-Gels/ Most Wanted/ Tr1umph are all great options you could look into!

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established

Sounds like a good strategy OP. If you're dieting slow enough and you aren't losing weight too quickly, muscle retention should be a huge issue. Just make sure you aren't losing more than 1-2 pounds per week on the scale.

As far as staple supplements, I would definitely be taking a multi and fish oil, and whey protein to meet your protein requirements. I would also recommend creatine to help with strength during your cut. Something like Cremax XT will provide you with your creatine needs, as well as Glycerol and other pump ingredients to keep your muscles feeling and looking full. The biggest issue I have while cutting is losing that 'full' muscle look. Cremax XT would be a great option to help maintain strength and fullness while in a calorie deficit

Goal_swole

Goal_swole

Awards
Thanks man. Yup I will cut slowly and will keep track of the weight and will adjust my diet accordingly if I am losing fast as only concern for is to not lose much of the muscle mass. And I will surely look into cremax xt.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Thanks man. Yup I will cut slowly and will keep track of the weight and will adjust my diet accordingly if I am losing fast as only concern for is to not lose much of the muscle mass. And I will surely look into cremax xt.
Sounds good! Yeah my rule of thumb for fat loss is no more than 1 pound per week. Its a slower process, but I'd rather take my time with it and retain as much muscle as possible. Nutriverse is running a sale right now on Cremax XT through Jan. 27, 20% off, making it a great deal. Use the code GAINS20

jathan_howe

Awards
Sounds good! Yeah my rule of thumb for fat loss is no more than 1 pound per week. Its a slower process, but I'd rather take my time with it and retain as much muscle as possible. Nutriverse is running a sale right now on Cremax XT through Jan. 27, 20% off, making it a great deal. Use the code GAINS20
I'm trying to enter the code on Alphamax and it's not working

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I'm trying to enter the code on Alphamax and it's not working
Make sure you are selecting 'Alphamax by Performax Labs'. For some reason the code only works with those products, not the one that just reads 'Alphamax'

jathan_howe

Awards
Here's the link brother.

http://www.nutri-verse.com/alphamax-by-performax-labs/

Make sure GAINS20 is in all caps too. It took the 20% off for me when I just tried
It worked that time. Thanks! It says my order was a duplicate but I was careful to not send any data twice. I emailed the admin address to sort it out. I don't think it confirmed the original order even (no email yet anyway) but it says it was a duplicate.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
It worked that time. Thanks! It says my order was a duplicate but I was careful to not send any data twice. I emailed the admin address to sort it out. I don't think it confirmed the original order even (no email yet anyway) but it says it was a duplicate.
Glad the coupon worked for you, you're going to love Alphamax man! I'm sure they'll fix the duplicate order in their system when it processes. Good luck with your progress bro