Cortisol control

Mumbles01

Mumbles01

Awards
  • Established
Quick question, is it safe for women to take cortisol control supps?

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
Quick question, is it safe for women to take cortisol control supps?
I'm not aware of any particular reason why it would be bad for women presuming they are healthy with no underlying conditions or pregnancy.

Mumbles01

Mumbles01

Awards
  • Established
I was just wary to recommend it because I see on the bottle it is also an estrogen blocker. & from looking around online it seems most are.
I have elimistane. Is that safe for women?

alphagainz

alphagainz

Head of Alpha Gainz
Awards
not all cortisol modulators are also AI's

I really like BPS Adrenosurge, and it should be safe for women.

also a simple stack of Ashwagandha and Relora is pretty effective too.

But, do not give her arimistane

Mumbles01

Mumbles01

Awards
  • Established
Adrenosurge looks like some sort of natty stim booster if I've read everything correctly?

alphagainz

alphagainz

Head of Alpha Gainz
Awards
I'm guessing you just skimmed the brief summary of the product. I think that if you dig a little deeper into the ingredients you'll realize it's an adaptogen complex and will do great for managing cortisol/stress

Mumbles01

Mumbles01

Awards
  • Established
I did ya lol. Saw a lot of talk about resetting stim tolerance.
I'll have to spend the day looking more into it.

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have read online that women shouldn't take it but this was a while ago. I was actually wondering this myself recently. All the threads I read talked about them potentially making BC less effective which I did't want to **** with. Not trying to have a baby!

Awaiting a smart person's response.

Mumbles01

Mumbles01

Awards
  • Established
There didn't seem to be a lot of info online about its affects on women.

I'm asking because my mother is the most stressed out person I know, she's a realtor & property manager for 38 properties. 2 days ago tornados hit the the properties & literally hundreds of people are calling her to fix things or move properties etc. long story short she's falling apart mentally, getting 4 hours of broken sleep, didn't feel hungry.
But that's just the recent attribute, she's been in this downward spiral for a while now. At least a year.

So I'm asking because I've herd cortisol control can help regulate stress.
I have a LOT more research to do. But that's why I'm also asking opinions here to see if I can be pointed in the right direction for something that can possibly help her sleep better.

Additional info
She's 50
She's a pretty clean eater
Not fit but in good shape.
& she's tried sleeping pills but that didn't seem to phase her.

ironranger

ironranger

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There didn't seem to be a lot of info online about its affects on women.

I'm asking because my mother is the most stressed out person I know, she's a realtor & property manager for 38 properties. 2 days ago tornados hit the the properties & literally hundreds of people are calling her to fix things or move properties etc. long story short she's falling apart mentally, getting 4 hours of broken sleep, didn't feel hungry.
But that's just the recent attribute, she's been in this downward spiral for a while now. At least a year.

So I'm asking because I've herd cortisol control can help regulate stress.
I have a LOT more research to do. But that's why I'm also asking opinions here to see if I can be pointed in the right direction for something that can possibly help her sleep better.

Additional info
She's 50
She's a pretty clean eater
Not fit but in good shape.
& she's tried sleeping pills but that didn't seem to phase her.
Sounds like your mother is trying to carry the weight of the world on her shoulders...

If she is at the stage where she cant sleep, and is needing sleeping pills, I think she is at the stage of needing some professional help, starting with her Doctor...perhaps counselling.
I would not advise any otc cortisol control

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have read online that women shouldn't take it but this was a while ago. I was actually wondering this myself recently. All the threads I read talked about them potentially making BC less effective which I did't want to **** with. Not trying to have a baby!

Awaiting a smart person's response.
Iirc i asked Cooper (pretty sure it was him) about having my gf use SNS Reduce XT and his response was dose with care as it can mess with birth control. Maybe he will chime in here.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I believe Rhadam is correct - 7-OH can mess with birth control supposedly but I believe it is safe if you take this caution for women.

Ashwagandha has been all over the board with rave reviews for KSM-66 and I would look into that.

Honestly, sometimes it's good to fight fire with fire too - Rhodiola in the morning may help energize her so she can get more done and be more aggressive. I know she's probably aggressive enough, but I'm in commercial real estate and as aggressive as I am, sometimes when I'm tired the stress overwhelms me. If get amped up, I am a beast that gets **** done and it doesn't bother me because I'm too focused on making it happen.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I know a girl that took reduce xt and she liked it. She just did half dose though.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No need to be purchasing blends. Ashwagandha, Phosphatidylserine and Relora all work very well for cortisol control. Relora has an added benefit of being nice and relaxing.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
No need to be purchasing blends. Ashwagandha, Phosphatidylserine and Relora all work very well for cortisol control. Relora has an added benefit of being nice and relaxing.
I should have thought of the PS too. Good call.

ironranger

ironranger

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Interesting some of the responses here. I always understood cortisol was an important hormone required for stress response.
Would it not be better to find the stressors responsible for the supposedly high levels of cortisol before self prescribing?

Sometimes a change in lifestyle is needed rather than taking a pill....

Mumbles01

Mumbles01

Awards
  • Established
Thanks to everybody for chiming in! I really appreciate the help!
I'll definitely continue my research & check out those individual ingredients Might be a safer way.
Also, I'm guessing my mother isint on birth control. But I don't honestly know lol. Not really typical table talk haha.

Thanks again everybody.
AM community rocks!

yenohregdab

yenohregdab

Awards
Have you used Phosphatidylserine Kisaj? If so what dosage?

Been looking into antaeus labs psyche.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh sure, I've used it quite a bit. It is pricey though, as most supplements come in a 100mg dose and to get most benefit, it is generally recommended to take 300mg+. I like a complex personally.

For me, I am a Relora fan. Great for cortisol control and as I mentioned before, nice and calming. My wife's hormone doc recommends it and it has had a huge effect on her levels over the last year since she started taking it on the regular.

yenohregdab

yenohregdab

Awards
Oh sure, I've used it quite a bit. It is pricey though, as most supplements come in a 100mg dose and to get most benefit, it is generally recommended to take 300mg+. I like a complex personally.

For me, I am a Relora fan. Great for cortisol control and as I mentioned before, nice and calming. My wife's hormone doc recommends it and it has had a huge effect on her levels over the last year since she started taking it on the regular.
Thanks for the info Kisaj, What would you say is the upper limit for the dosage?

Looking into relora too. Your a man of Knowledge Kisaj.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Upper limit I am not sure, but I always kept it to 300mg for cost alone and saw effects with a subtle calming and leaning effect after a few weeks. It is overall healthy and good for you, so worth a shot.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Interesting some of the responses here. I always understood cortisol was an important hormone required for stress response.
Would it not be better to find the stressors responsible for the supposedly high levels of cortisol before self prescribing?

Sometimes a change in lifestyle is needed rather than taking a pill....
This is true, and a valid point, but it is a little unrealistic in this type of situation. Sometimes our lifestyle creates an unhealthy "loop" - we have a lot of stress so we release cortisol, which makes us feel stressed, which adds to our stress, which makes it more difficult to deal with stress, which means you can't take care of situations, which makes them worse, which creates more stress, which creates more cortisol. So, while the "situation" was the start of it all, it kind of becomes a secondary problem - because our response to the situation is worse than the situation itself.

In this case, reducing but not eliminating cortisol would be helpful and is often healthful. Cortisol plays a role in health too, don't get me wrong, and stress creates good things in life, but too much is bad. They've even shown that brain cells exposed to cortisol are more susceptible to factors leading to alzheimers. Our lifestyle in modern society is far from natural and our body doesn't always handle that so well.

Still, you are right - going too far can be bad too.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Upper limit I am not sure, but I always kept it to 300mg for cost alone and saw effects with a subtle calming and leaning effect after a few weeks. It is overall healthy and good for you, so worth a shot.
600mg reduced cortisol in healthy males subject to moderate intensity exercise. Also 800mg reduced cortisol response to intense resistance training. Elsewhere, 800mg PS, but not 400mg, was able to reduce cortisol response to cycling exercise.

Mumbles01

Mumbles01

Awards
  • Established
kisaj are these 3 compounds available online only or are you able to pick them up locally?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
600mg reduced cortisol in healthy males subject to moderate intensity exercise. Also 800mg reduced cortisol response to intense resistance training. Elsewhere, 800mg PS, but not 400mg, was able to reduce cortisol response to cycling exercise.
Yeah, I don't believe put any weight on those studies.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, I don't believe put any weight on those studies.
If nothing else, they show some level of safety at 600-800mg doses, which helps answer the question of what the upper limit is.

yenohregdab

yenohregdab

Awards
Great thanks, I will give 300mg a shot.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I agree that supplements may just be a band-aid at this point.

Perhaps even something as simple as (I know it sounds corny ;)) 10 minutes of meditation could help.

yenohregdab

yenohregdab

Awards
Good info :)

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I agree that supplements may just be a band-aid at this point.

Perhaps even something as simple as (I know it sounds corny ;)) 10 minutes of meditation could help.
That isn't corny at all. You know how much relief I get from walking my dog and watch her chase things for 20 min can do? Anything that can pull your mind from the routine and current state can be amazing and meditation/yoga is an even more focused approached. I'm 100% supportive of it.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That isn't corny at all. You know how much relief I get from walking my dog and watch her chase things for 20 min can do? Anything that can pull your mind from the routine and current state can be amazing and meditation/yoga is an even more focused approached. I'm 100% supportive of it.
I just started using the headspace app, and it's pretty cool.

avega17

Awards
  • Established
I just started using the headspace app, and it's pretty cool.
Headspace is a great way to get started with meditation. Calm is another app that's cool. Also, try a Google search for "UCLA guided meditation" and there's a few free options there of varying length.

Stick with it though, that's the main thing. You will really find benefit the first few weeks, but then you have to be consistent.

I really need to try PS and relora. They've been on my list for a while.