I swear this stuff is a miracle cure for acne...

pintowin

pintowin

Awards
Starting in my teen years, I've always had a consistent struggle with acne. Not just the typical facial or occasional arm acne, but all over my back and even my quads a well. Considering I started competing (bodybuilding) when I turned 19, I realized it was time to get rid of the annoying acne. Considering my fear of Acutane, I wanted to try something over the counter. I found Acnedren by Black Lion Research and LOVED that stuff. Cleared up my acne within just a few weeks. But as it always seems to go in the supplement world, they had to stop production. Given that I have purchased from TGBSupplements over the last few years, I figured I would ask if anything new is comparable to it considering my acne recently began flaring back up. They turned me onto RX Clinical Epiclear by Reaction Nutrition. This is week 3 and I'm noticing very similar results to that of Acnedren. I always appreciate calling into them, they're customer service is high quality and greatly appreciate not feeling as though I'm being fed broscience.

Has anyone else tried Epiclear yet? If so, does it seem to be decent? I'm hoping it continues to work this well haha

Deleted member 238667

Just looks like a vitamin to me, but where can this be found?

pintowin

pintowin

Awards
Just looks like a vitamin to me, but where can this be found?
I found it on TGBSupplements.com (Can't post links yet)

But they're all vitamin based. However, they are high enough doses to stop the oil secretion at the glandular level. Have you ever heard of acutane? An overdose of Vitamin A to destroy the acne causing oil. So yes, they are all vitamins.

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards

But they're all vitamin based. However, they are high enough doses to stop the oil secretion at the glandular level. Have you ever heard of acutane? An overdose of Vitamin A to destroy the acne causing oil. So yes, they are all vitamins.
but accutane is so much stronger that it actually needs a prescription and can cause dry cracked lips as well. I would definitely say there's a big difference between the two, but they are just vitamins

Deleted member 238667

So does anyone else have any experience with this? I'm really interested

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't know anything about that product, but vit b5 is amazing for acne control. I've advised this to a lot of people that have tried everything else and it was the only thing that worked.

fightnews

fightnews

Awards
  • Established
Starting in my teen years, I've always had a consistent struggle with acne. Not just the typical facial or occasional arm acne, but all over my back and even my quads a well. Considering I started competing (bodybuilding) when I turned 19, I realized it was time to get rid of the annoying acne. Considering my fear of Acutane, I wanted to try something over the counter. I found Acnedren by Black Lion Research and LOVED that stuff. Cleared up my acne within just a few weeks. But as it always seems to go in the supplement world, they had to stop production. Given that I have purchased from TGBSupplements over the last few years, I figured I would ask if anything new is comparable to it considering my acne recently began flaring back up. They turned me onto RX Clinical Epiclear by Reaction Nutrition. This is week 3 and I'm noticing very similar results to that of Acnedren. I always appreciate calling into them, they're customer service is high quality and greatly appreciate not feeling as though I'm being fed broscience.

Has anyone else tried Epiclear yet? If so, does it seem to be decent? I'm hoping it continues to work this well haha
Ya ur not a shill, who buys a supplement and then frequently calls in to customer service to chat lol? gtfo So tell us how many times have you called customer service in the 3 weeks youve had the stuff?

Reactions: LLN
TeamTGB

TeamTGB

Awards
Ya ur not a shill, who buys a supplement and then frequently calls in to customer service to chat lol? gtfo So tell us how many times have you called customer service in the 3 weeks youve had the stuff?
You would be surprised at how many times people will frequently call and email us on a regular basis, some like pintowin are easy to work with others not so much but that's what customer service is about helping out whom ever has a question about training or supplementation to daily life occurrences after you build a relationship with someone over time.

TeamTGB

TeamTGB

Awards
but accutane is so much stronger that it actually needs a prescription and can cause dry cracked lips as well. I would definitely say there's a big difference between the two, but they are just vitamins
If they are just vitamins then the only difference is potency, so thats like saying a Dodge Charger is the same as the Viper since they are both cars made by dodge.

Quads_of_Stee

Quads_of_Stee

Awards
If they are just vitamins then the only difference is potency, so thats like saying a Dodge Charger is the same as the Viper since they are both cars made by dodge.
All retinoic acids are retinoic acids. Just like both of your examples are cars

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Accutane was the only thing that saved me at 15 years old.

pintowin

pintowin

Awards
A shill? That's interesting. Hey bud, we aren't all miserable 24/7. Just because some of us actually ENJOY what we do doesn't mean we're swindlers. Oh and when you're not a jackass, you can actually call in and talk with companies like I do. Imagine that. This is the same BS I've noticed since I made my account last year. People on here ask legitimate questions on threads and people such as yourself feel the need to attack them. If you don't have an answer to my above stated question, that's fine but I don't need your negativity either. TGB isn't the only supplement company I have ordered from, but other companies I have dealt with have customer reps that act pretty much EXACTLY like you.

Oh, and to answer your question, I called once in those three weeks to thank them for being HELPFUL.

jaakonpallo

Awards
Accutane was the only thing that saved me at 15 years old.
Accutane is a miracle, i'm so glad it was invented. But if vitamin b5 helps then why not use it..I do believe though it's way overrated. Never did a thing for me.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's not over rated, it just didn't work for you. On the flip side, most people wish there were better options to accutane because it is so harsh with accompanying sides. And if you need accutane, it would make sense that b5 wouldn't help much.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have a 14yo daughter who has normal hormonal acne. She uses the Benzoyl Peroxide and Salicylic Acid products with fairly good success but the skin irritation is an issue at times. Something systemic should help get it at the root of the problem. I had completely forgotten about B5 (Pantothenic Acid). I'll be hitting up my Walmart today. Good find here!

pintowin

pintowin

Awards
I have a 14yo daughter who has normal hormonal acne. She uses the Benzoyl Peroxide and Salicylic Acid products with fairly good success but the skin irritation is an issue at times. Something systemic should help get it at the root of the problem. I had completely forgotten about B5 (Pantothenic Acid). I'll be hitting up my Walmart today. Good find here!
Yeah the topical products also irritate my skin. I've tried almost every over the counter topical out there lol it's just so frustrating. B5 for sure did the trick for me. I've had friends who have taken Accutane but the sides from that completely turned me off from every trying it.

jaakonpallo

Awards
Yes, but people expecting they'll get rid of severe cystic acne using b5 vitamin when you need stronger compounds like accu or tetracyclin and not b5 so that's where the claim "overrated " comes from me. Only sides I got from Accu were dry lips and possibly some depression from it in first 2 weeks. It's the only permanent solution for acne.

pintowin

pintowin

Awards
Yes, but people expecting they'll get rid of severe cystic acne using b5 vitamin when you need stronger compounds like accu or tetracyclin and not b5 so that's where the claim "overrated " comes from me. Only sides I got from Accu were dry lips and possibly some depression from it in first 2 weeks. It's the only permanent solution for acne.
I agree brother. My buddy's that took it post high-school during college cleared their acne up pretty much 100% without anything coming back. Mine isn't quite as bad as what they had thank God. If it continues to flair up and subside I'll end up giving the Accutane a shot. How long did you have to use Accu?

Deleted member 238667

I heard some scary stories about Accu. I have moderate breakouts but nothing that covers my whole face. What honestly completely got rid of it temporarily was taking Amoxicillin after I got my wisdom teeth out. It was magic. No acne at all for a month. Sadly it slowly started a come back. But even for a few weeks after stopping amox, I had no acne at all

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I believe that the type of acne you have is significant in determining the treatment and success rate.

rkc21

Awards
Interesting. What I used to do was significant amount of 2.5% benzoyl peroxide applied. Some guy wrote it up awhile back you could google it. It helped. Accutane for severe cases but be careful on sides.

pintowin

pintowin

Awards
Interesting. What I used to do was significant amount of 2.5% benzoyl peroxide applied. Some guy wrote it up awhile back you could google it. It helped. Accutane for severe cases but be careful on sides.
Hey thank you for that! I'll look into it today and see what the protocol is.

Ameyer9

Awards
Lol. So this miracle product uses ingredients found in most regular vitamins. Unnecessarily high doses of fat soluble vitamins are always neat too.

Stop consuming dairy and use a product with Benzoyl Peroxide. Would suggest Panoxyl 10%. Will dry you out, get a good lotion as well.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dairy is a culprit. My wife has beautiful skin and if she consumes a lot of dairy, in a couple days she have breakouts.

Ameyer9

Awards
Dairy is a culprit. My wife has beautiful skin and if she consumes a lot of dairy, in a couple days she have breakouts.
Dairy is a huge culprit. I don't drink milk anymore and my skin is clear. If I eat a pizza it's almost a guarantee I'll break out a few days later.

pintowin

pintowin

Awards
Lol. So this miracle product uses ingredients found in most regular vitamins. Unnecessarily high doses of fat soluble vitamins are always neat too.

Stop consuming dairy and use a product with Benzoyl Peroxide. Would suggest Panoxyl 10%. Will dry you out, get a good lotion as well.
Alright, you're another one of those. I'm not even going to bother explaining yet again that the high doses of vitamins is what makes it effect. Also, I do not consume dairy. I was not looking for something topical considering I highly doubt I see myself ever bathing in any ointment, I was asking systemic. And Epiclear is a MIRACLE for ME considering it actually works.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote

When I was younger I used Differin and it changed my life

Ameyer9

Awards
Alright, you're another one of those. I'm not even going to bother explaining yet again that the high doses of vitamins is what makes it effect. Also, I do not consume dairy. I was not looking for something topical considering I highly doubt I see myself ever bathing in any ointment, I was asking systemic. And Epiclear is a MIRACLE for ME considering it actually works.
"another one of those"

Lol, it's a vitamin. Not a miracle. If you don't want to "bathe in any ointment" don't complain about having acne.

Amir

Amir

Awards
There is already a miracle cure for acne & it's called Accutane........that & large doses of VitB5, however side effects may be concerning....specially for the 'Tane.

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Another former accutane user here. Worked great but had terrible side effects (migraines being the worst one). Wish I'd known about B5 back then.

Amir

Amir

Awards
Try finding a good BHA product, as this cleanses right through to the pore.....it's a light watery clear gel like substance....but good for your skin, especially men's skin....which is supposedly thicker than women's.

That and possibly using prescription based tretinoin(Retin-a) for your face....these 2 are probably the big guns....if you don't wish to mess around with taking anything orally.....however all of these products mentioned increase sun sensitivity....so that's something to be way bout.

pintowin

pintowin

Awards
Try finding a good BHA product, as this cleanses right through to the pore.....it's a light watery clear gel like substance....but good for your skin, especially men's skin....which is supposedly thicker than women's.

That and possibly using prescription based tretinoin(Retin-a) for your face....these 2 are probably the big guns....if you don't wish to mess around with taking anything orally.....however all of these products mentioned increase sun sensitivity....so that's something to be way bout.
I may try this now then while the cooler months are still here. Thank you for the advice!