KSM-66 question....

DWeaver

DWeaver

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I picked up a couple bottles of ashwagandha on Amazon. I should of asked this first but is this the most potent form of Ash? On the label it has 500mg of KSM (withania somnifera root) 5% Withanolides (25 mg) less than 0.1 Withaferin A. This is for one cap. I take one in the morning and one at night. Is this ok?

johnnyp

johnnyp

Awards
  • Established
It has a lot of compelling research done on it which would suggest it is the best if not one of along with Sensoril. Dosing can be a bit tricky as Ashwagandha can either give you energy or make you sleepy so try it when you have some leisure time.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
If you've never tried it before I would suggest following what johnnyp said. I know for me personally, KSM-66 makes me drowsy, so I usually take 500mg after dinner.

Try it out and see what works best for you, but assume it will make you relaxed/calm - that's the effect it had on most users

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'd also agree, just like any supplement you are adding in. I've used many brands and withanolide extract %s over the years and found that KSM66 is what I like best. I don't get any drowsiness or calmness, but it just takes the edge off and allows my stress level to remain a little more even. It isn't something you will really feel, it is just kind of there.

rhoadx

Awards
  • Established
Makes we relaxed and calm too, but I take it first thing in the morning with rhodiola and some caffeine, seems to kind of take the edge off and keep my stress lower.