Recommend a Creatine, Protein, Pre-workout stack for beginner

Coastie

Awards
Whats up you all.

I am 30 years old 5'6" and weigh 150 pounds. I used to work out a lot in highschool/college and used to take all of the above plus mass gainer and had a real hard time putting on weight/mass. Now that I have started working and drinking beer I am putting on pounds in my belly area (i am not fat though). I am going to start working out and would like some recommendations of some great working brands. I was going to buy ON nutrition protein powder as I have used it in the past and it has great reviews. As far as the other supplements which ones do you recommend/should I even be using them?

Thanks!

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
Look into the following stack:

IForce Nutrition Hemavo Max 2, Compete and Finish Line. It will give you everything you need for great Pre, Intra and Post workout nutrition

You'll get a good amount of creatine, BCAAs, glutamine, etc etc without having to buy tons of different bottles of items. Plus everything is properly dosed so you know what you are getting in each and every scoop!!!!!

Just my two cents

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
An alternative pre that is stellar is Conqu3r Unleashed. The reviews on the board speak for the product.

I like Compete and Xtend for an intra, but tbh an intra really is the least needed of supps most of the time.

The only other thing I'd Add in is Tr1umph which has a TON of natural ergogenic and anabolic ingredients that will aid in both growth and recovery.

*I'll revise to say listen to The Solution. Without getting your nutrition and training on point and maximized you'll only be wasting $ on supps.

Once you've got a good plan in place and have made solid progress, supps can help you "supplement" your regimen to help get past plateaus or reach goals faster.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Whats up you all.

I am 30 years old 5'6" and weigh 150 pounds. I used to work out a lot in highschool/college and used to take all of the above plus mass gainer and had a real hard time putting on weight/mass. Now that I have started working and drinking beer I am putting on pounds in my belly area (i am not fat though). I am going to start working out and would like some recommendations of some great working brands. I was going to buy ON nutrition protein powder as I have used it in the past and it has great reviews. As far as the other supplements which ones do you recommend/should I even be using them?

Thanks!
First you need to fix your diet, not invest in a supplement.
Your main goal is creating a caloric surplus and doing so with an effective diet, calculating out your calories/macros and making good food choices.
I suggest you start here. Regardless how many supplements you buy, if your diet is not good they wont merit you, but be lost money in the long run.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/general-philosophies-of-muscle-mass-gain.html
http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/macronutrient-intake-for-mass-gains-qa.html
http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/training-frequency-for-mass-gains.html
http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/cardio-and-mass-gains.html

Philosophies, Macro intake, training , and cardio articles for you to understand and help set up what you need to do before moving forward towards more supplements or advanced workout routines.

Once your routine and diet get in check then consider the basics:

Stick to a basic whey --> Scivation, PES, MT Platinum, Blue Star Whey Smooth, or Animal Whey
Grab a Creatine Monohydrate and dose 5g for 30 days, and then 3-5g on workout days. no need to load or cycle your creatine. Take it anytime you wish
Grab a good multi (OT, Animal Pak for example) and fishoil (2-3g EPA/DHA Daily)

slggtstrength

slggtstrength

Awards
The Solution nailed it. Don't make the same mistake so many beginners make because of fancy supplement marketing.

Good nutrition and good training philosophies will get you further than any legal supplement ever will. Supplements are supplements for a reason, to fill any gaps and give such a minute boost.

Give yourself a good few months getting back into the grind, then stick to the basic supplements mentioned. I'll say add soy lecithin and cocoa powder too just because they're cheap.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I agree with The Solution

You initial post suggests that you need to invest time in reading on nutrition and training. Also, just getting back on track in general and staying on track. Once you have established a routine and have been following a well constructed diet and training regime, then I would look into basic supplements.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yea i'm pretty much going to be copying what the solution said. I agree 5g creatine monohydrate in your protein shake. I would recommend pes select, animal whey, or whey cor performance by cellucor. For your pre workout it just depends on you but there are tons to chose from. I personally like high volume or mesomorph.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Like everyone else recommended, ensure your diet and training is in check. Just sticking with the basics, you can get yourself some samples of creatine and a prewo here: http://anabolicminds.com/forum/showthread.php?t=272535 Green Magnitude will have your creatine as well as betaine anhydrous, and White Rapids or Pipes will make for a great endurance/pump/energy product.