Is my sleep stack too much?

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey guys. At the moment I work a night shift so sleep is hard to come by. I sleep 4 days in a row followed by a 28 hour stretch and then sleep 4 nights. All this back and forth is a pain I take several things but was wondering if stacking all at once is okay. Recommendations for other good sleep aids or stacks are welcome.

I take 30 mg MK-677(Ibutamoren daily which has sleep benefits. For getting to sleep I would like to stack:
1 scoop Finaflex G8 1 hour pre bed
25-50 mg diphenhydramine 30 min pre bed
10 mg time release melatonin prior to laying down. How does this sound? Fairly safe? Thanks guys.

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
I love mk 677. I don't know anything about G8 or diphenhydramine, but apparently you're supposed to cycle melatonin because you don't want your body to stop producing its natural melatonin. Just so ya know!

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Hey guys. At the moment I work a night shift so sleep is hard to come by. I sleep 4 days in a row followed by a 28 hour stretch and then sleep 4 nights. All this back and forth is a pain I take several things but was wondering if stacking all at once is okay. Recommendations for other good sleep aids or stacks are welcome.

I take 30 mg MK-677(Ibutamoren daily which has sleep benefits. For getting to sleep I would like to stack:
10 mg time release melatonin prior to laying down. How does this sound? Fairly safe? Thanks guys.
10mg melatonin is excessive. More /= better with it. Try 2mg or less.

Wouldnt use G8 every day but it will do the job when you need it most!

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
I've been using Somnidren GH lately, that might be something to consider that you can use daily.

dredmentia

Awards
I usually hate myself every time I take 25mg to 50mg of diphenhydramine . makes me feel AWFUL when its time to wake up. Your using this every night ? I wouldn't be able to. The worst feeling for me is taking that stuff whether it be in the form of benadryl, Tylenol pm etc and then actually not being able to get to sleep, that horrible anti histamine feeling.

I find melatonin to be very hit or miss sometimes i take it and it works like a charm, other times it might as well have been a sugar pill. But it never gives me the horrible side effects antihistamine based sleep medicines do

Volvo140G

Volvo140G

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Weed

Diphenhydramine

Both work well. I've been dabbling with oneiromancer, unsure of its effects really... I think it contributes but tbh I feel I sleep fairly well regardless. Good healthy diet and workouts plus a hard days work are effective.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The 10mg melatonin is definitely an over kill. For me I find it doesn't work sometimes but i use to does it at 3mg and i had pretty consent sleep. I would try to switch it up for sure though. When using a sleep stack I'd use that stack for maybe a week and then the following when either give yourself a 2 day break or run another sleep aid for that week. Just so no immunities build up and so you're not taking the same supps every night.

jake1986

Awards
I love ibutamoren too. I've been sleeping so good since I started it.

rhoadx

Awards
  • Established
I know that g8 has phenibut in it so you definitely don't want to take it every day.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
at label dosages it is fine to use daily for 30-45 days then take a break.

in fact I feel it gets a little better as time goes by.

now if your taking two scoops a night... then.... yea I would not use it daily.

jathan_howe

Awards

I think diphenhydramine tolerance builds fairly quickly. May eventually have to up the dose. I had good sleep with some ZMA before bed. Cool dreams too

jathan_howe

Awards
I usually hate myself every time I take 25mg to 50mg of diphenhydramine . makes me feel AWFUL when its time to wake up. Your using this every night ? I wouldn't be able to. The worst feeling for me is taking that stuff whether it be in the form of benadryl, Tylenol pm etc and then actually not being able to get to sleep, that horrible anti histamine feeling.

I find melatonin to be very hit or miss sometimes i take it and it works like a charm, other times it might as well have been a sugar pill. But it never gives me the horrible side effects antihistamine based sleep medicines do
I use to take Benadryl every night to sleep and I felt awful every day. I'd consistently dose between 25-75mg, occasionally 100.

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I love mk 677. I don't know anything about G8 or diphenhydramine, but apparently you're supposed to cycle melatonin because you don't want your body to stop producing its natural melatonin. Just so ya know!
Thanks BamBam0319. I like the MK for restful sleep as well. I definitely use melatonin sparingly, usually for 2 week periods. The problem with MK for me is feeling rested and ready to go if I wake up in the middle of my sleep period.
10mg melatonin is excessive. More /= better with it. Try 2mg or less.

Wouldnt use G8 every day but it will do the job when you need it most!
Thanks Jiigzz! I've used many different doses of melatonin before. The current one comes in 10mg time release tabs. I only use it a couple days a week. The G8 works pretty decent as well and I only use a few days a week. The biggest issue is on my very long transition day. Sometimes I fall asleep midday for a few hours or more and then have difficulty getting to sleep at bedtime with the rest of my family. I stacked all thee last night and went out easily. I feel a bit groggy this morning. Probably won't stack these but maybe on those occasions unless I find a better alternative.

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

No I only take each separately maybe 2-3 times per week.

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Weed

Diphenhydramine

Both work well. I've been dabbling with oneiromancer, unsure of its effects really... I think it contributes but tbh I feel I sleep fairly well regardless. Good healthy diet and workouts plus a hard days work are effective.
MJ is not legal in my state unfortunately Volvo140G!;)

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
thats a lot of melatonin.

if you're looking for immediate sleep enhancement, check this sucker out:

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
thats a lot of melatonin.

if you're looking for immediate sleep enhancement, check this sucker out:

Thanks, I'll check that out. The melatonin comes in 10mg tabs, but I'll probably start splitting them in half.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks, I'll check that out. The melatonin comes in 10mg tabs, but I'll probably start splitting them in half.
even then, anything over 3mg is usually shied away from. 5mg may be solid for you, but i'd suggest trying a 1-3mg melatonin pill if this is definitely the route you want to take.

El Machete

El Machete

Awards

Both these guys are spot on re: melatonin. Here's some additional info:

Melatonin is a hormone. It is not an herb, a vitamin or a mineral. Hormones are naturally produced by your body as you need them. This means that it is very unlikely that someone has a melatonin deficiency. While melatonin could be considered natural, in most cases it doesn't come from the earth. There are exceptions -- foods that contain melatonin in them -- but this is a different type of melatonin than what is produced in your brain.

Your melatonin levels can be tested with a blood test, urine test or saliva test. Melatonin is produced by the pineal gland and sends a signal to regulate the sleep-wake cycle in the sleep center of the brain. Interestingly, melatonin is also produced in the retina, the skin and the GI tract, but this is not the melatonin what affects your biological sleep clock.

This is the really important thing you should understand about melatonin: Melatonin is a sleep and body clock regulator, not a sleep initiator. Melatonin works with your biological clock by telling your brain when it is time to sleep. Melatonin does not increase your sleep drive or need for sleep.

Melatonin is called the "Vampire Hormone" because it is produced primarily in darkness and inhibited by light. The levels of your melatonin increase in the middle of the night and gradually fall as the night turns to morning, so exposure to light before bed can push your biological clock in the wrong direction, making melatonin ineffective.

Melatonin treats Circadian Rhythm Disorders (where you sleep the right amount of minutes but your body clock is at the wrong time), Shift Work Sleep Disorders and early morning awakenings -- all things that deal with the timing of your need to sleep. Melatonin is not considered an effective treatment for insomnia.

Melatonin in pill form does not function like your body's naturally produced melatonin; it effects the brain in bursts and rapidly leaves the system, instead of the slow build-up and slow wash-out that your body's naturally produced melatonin experiences.

The correct dosage of melatonin can be a problem. According to research conducted at M.I.T., the correct dosage of melatonin for it to be effective is 0.3-1.0 mg. Many commercially available forms of melatonin are in three to 10 times the amount your body would need. In fact, there is some evidence that higher doses may be less effective. In Europe, melatonin at very high doses has been used as a contraceptive.

Melatonin can have side effects. Melatonin (two to three milligrams or higher) has reported side effects of:

Headaches
Nausea
Next-day grogginess
Hormone fluctuations
Vivid dreams and nightmares

So what does all this mean if you want to try melatonin as a supplement? Melatonin has been shown to be safe in healthy people when used for up to three months at the correct dosage.

VaughnTrue

VaughnTrue

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anyone have experiences with Valerian Root
I do. it's not something that will make you sit back and go "wow! I'm on dat dere valerian root!" but it is effective in its purpose.

Captn_the

Captn_the

Banned
Awards
Shift work sucks.

Consider this stack:

Blacken out your room
Buy blue blocker glasses
Big work out - big carb meal followed by JO session

jay1

Awards

Yes it is buddy . Way to much. Stick with good diet , exercise during the day and 5 mg of melatonin should suffice . Read a book before bed , no tv !!

anab0lix

anab0lix

Awards
  • Established
Replace benadryl with some stuff like passion flower+ chamomile+scullcap or valerian or lemon balm. Mix and match. They're not that expensive so see which ones are the most sedating for you. Some of them are great to take during anxious times as well. Very versatile.

And I'll repeat it as well. 10mg melatonin is overkill lol

Also after 10-15min of ingesting melatonin. Be totally ready to sleep. Be in a total dark room and try to sleep. It works the best that way.

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
Both these guys are spot on re: melatonin. Here's some additional info:

Melatonin is a hormone.

So what does all this mean if you want to try melatonin as a supplement? Melatonin has been shown to be safe in healthy people when used for up to three months at the correct dosage.
Holy copy pasta batman haha

Worth noting that most studies I've read show there is no statistically significant results indicating melatonin has any effect on sleep. In a few studies, it was shown to be ineffective in treating many sleep disorders including those involving shift work.

Op, I wouldn't take melatonin. It's a waste.

Yes it's too much, I would shift towards ZMA or KSM-66.

Also taking generic Benadryl can become extremely habit forming and end up exacerbating the problem. I would try limiting the use of it significantly otherwise you'll develop massive tolerance issues and dysfunctional sleep.

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for all the input guys. I do shift work every 2-3 years for a year at a time. Obviously this is very disruptive to my Circadian rhythms. I'm naturally a night owl so falling asleep and staying asleep on non-work nights is the main issue. Due to family life the switching back and forth is necessary. I stacked all three a few days ago and woke up refreshed but with a slight headache and cottonmouth. The next evening I took the G8 1.5 hours pre-bed and 25 mg Dipenhydramine and only 5 mg melatonin right before bed. I slept great and woke up feeling refreshed with no sides. I will only do this 1-2 times a week and only as I feel needed. I will look at other suggestions to rotate in so as to reduce odds of dependency developing over time.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You have a rough schedule! I use to rotate shifts, too, and it was one of the most difficult thing ever.

Ok, if I go to sleep now, I'll have 7 hours, 32 mins, and 15 seconds before I have to wake up.

I hope you find something that works. :)

Daycrawler

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for all the input guys. I do shift work every 2-3 years for a year at a time. Obviously this is very disruptive to my Circadian rhythms. I'm naturally a night owl so falling asleep and staying asleep on non-work nights is the main issue. Due to family life the switching back and forth is necessary. I stacked all three a few days ago and woke up refreshed but with a slight headache and cottonmouth. The next evening I took the G8 1.5 hours pre-bed and 25 mg Dipenhydramine and only 5 mg melatonin right before bed. I slept great and woke up feeling refreshed with no sides. I will only do this 1-2 times a week and only as I feel needed. I will look at other suggestions to rotate in so as to reduce odds of dependency developing over time.
Honestly, I'd look into phenubit to replace the dipen if you'll only use it 1-2 a week. Most people experience great results from it but the downside is you develop a tolerance so most people end up taking large amounts of it but if you're doing it 1-3 a week you could use 500-750mg and be fine.

You could likely just do phenubit alone, as I also had trouble sleeping in the past and I just used 500-750mg 3 times a week for sleep, worked great.

Just some food for thought.

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Honestly, I'd look into phenubit to replace the dipen if you'll only use it 1-2 a week. Most people experience great results from it but the downside is you develop a tolerance so most people end up taking large amounts of it but if you're doing it 1-3 a week you could use 500-750mg and be fine.

You could likely just do phenubit alone, as I also had trouble sleeping in the past and I just used 500-750mg 3 times a week for sleep, worked great.

Just some food for thought.
Thanks bro. Actually the G8 I'm taking has Phenibut I believe, but it's in a prop blend so I'm being cautious on how often I take it.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Too much melatonin and I don't like the idea of constantly using Phenibut....but just my opinion :)

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Too much melatonin and I don't like the idea of constantly using Phenibut....but just my opinion :)
I cut the melatonin down to 5mg. I could get lower dosed tabs but 5 seems fine. I'm only using these things 1 day a week for sure sometimes two. Picked up some Valerian root today to sub out the melatonin for awhile.