Supplement help please

Wormy505

Awards
I know this is my first thread so please don't bash me too hard. I'm 44 and have been lifting for 4 years and have made some great gains but I've seem to have hit a plateau. I've taken supps,mostly natural like Abe and erase pro etc. What will be my best option to gain mass but the only issue is I take a 10 mg lisinopril for blood pressure. It's useless to ask my doctor for advice as he knows nothing about supplements. Thanks in advance.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Hey man, welcome out of the lurker darkness ha!

Since this is in the supplements section, and you have bp issues already, it's probably best to stay away from and ph type product.

From my personal experiences the best supps I've taken for natural gains have been a stack of Xgels and Abe, magnitropin (solo), and epicatechin products.

If money isn't an option, Xgels + Abe + epi-plex (along with your normal staples like protein and creatine) will pretty much cover all your bases. If you really wanna go balls deep, you could add some soy lecithin granules too. Those 4 together cover pretty much all things muscle and have a lot of synergies.

Wormy505

Awards
Thanks for the reply. I agree about the prohormones being off the table. I have already got away from the stim preworkouts which I think was part of my BP issues.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Thanks for the reply. I agree about the prohormones being off the table. I have already got away from the stim preworkouts which I think was part of my BP issues.
For sure. Also tons of sodium in your diet can be culprit.

Is there anything in particular that you're looking for? We have quite a selection of all types of products at PHW supplements and I have pretty much tried as many as I can afford ha.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would do something like...

ArA + AbE + OL Triumph

or

Evomuse BMP + Evomuse MyoE + OL Triumph.

If you're needing to slim down, you can add Evomuse Brite to either of the combinations.

NewAgeMayan

Awards
Epicatechin *may* help with BP, nothing huge but it likely wont increase it at least. And it has numerous health benefits.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Hey brother, good to see you came to AM, I see the standard warm welcome was already laid out :)

I'm going to suggest that if you are currently bot using supplements, you consider joining our mailing list to get our next Insider sale email
https://pescience.com/insider/

It is for Ergonine, a natural product that features 9 ergogens (physical performance enhancers) all at their studied doses in a single scoop daily.

The value on this is always fantastic, the sale will be one not to miss IMO.

The product also assists with building lean mass quite well, as I see is your goal.

To that goal I will also drop other suggestions here:
Anabeta Elite
X-gels (ARA)
Myosynergy
Olympus labs has several good options

K_pem

K_pem

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would Check out Conqu3red Unleashed non stim, Tr1umph, str3ngth, Ep1c and even LJ100 and Ar1macare Pro by Olympus Labs. Realistically all will help with gaining size/mass and some may even become a staple for you.

Also, My girl is currently running Xgels and ABE now and it's definitely having an effect on her. Increased DOMS, Better pumps, slightly better performance. Will be adding Ep1c soon as well as possibly tr1umph and Str3ngth.

There was a lot of other great products mentioned as well. Keep in mind that nothing will help more then having your nutrition 100% on point! Maybe your plateau needs some extra calories to be busted!

Zoomie33240

Zoomie33240

Awards
  • Established
So many great suggestions in here already! I honestly have nothing to add other than these suggestions pretty much cover all the bases and there is basically a log on this site for all of the products mentioned. I'm currently on ABE, El1minate by OL, Amentoflavone, and Soy Lecithin (along with the staples) and I'm loving it. The only thing people didn't mention was Amentoflavone and it's very affordable as well. May be worth a look into for you as well.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I'd supplement in a bp specific supp to help decrease your bp. And then I would just stick with natural anabolics and do different combinations of them. That is probably your best bet and the safest bet.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I'd supplement in a bp specific supp to help decrease your bp. And then I would just stick with natural anabolics and do different combinations of them. That is probably your best bet and the safest bet.
He's already on dr. prescribed BP meds... no reason to add a supp for that.

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
I'm just here to bash OP...kidding! Always nice to see someone (OP) who values his overall health over gains. All solid choices so far. I enjoy (-)epi products and have success with X-Gels (ArA) in the past. Never tried ABE but have heard great things. Pick up some Ergonine and you'll have your staples covered. Conqu3r Unleashed non-stim if you want a solid pwo. Good luck and feel free to keep asking questions!

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
People have been recommending x-gels but with bp issues i would not touch it with a ten foot pole

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
People have been recommending x-gels but with bp issues i would not touch it with a ten foot pole
Why? Theres no reason ArA should have any impact on BP that I'm aware of...

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Why? Theres no reason ArA should have any impact on BP that I'm aware of...
No direct relation between the 2 that i know of. Although every time i have taken it my bp shoots through the roof. Also I'm guessing the inflammation caused by x-gels cant be good for bp but idk.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Technically OP should be consulting his doctor regardless of his choice here, though he will probably not know lol

At least nobody try to suggest OTC things for his legitimate health concern, which is being medicated.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
No direct relation between the 2 that i know of. Although every time i have taken it my bp shoots through the roof. Also I'm guessing the inflammation caused by x-gels cant be good for bp but idk.
inflammation and bp have absolutely nothing to do with eachother... please try not to make statements when you have no basis for them. You're bashing a product and giving someone looking for information bad impressions and false claims when there's no reason.

rtmilburn

rtmilburn

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
inflammation and bp have absolutely nothing to do with eachother... please try not to make statements when you have no basis for them. You're bashing a product and giving someone looking for information bad impressions and false claims when there's no reason.
Im sorry that is not what i was trying to do at all. I was just trying to give my personal experience with it and how it shoots up my bp. It is a fantastic product that gives good results and i really liked it. Although from my personal experience it shoots up my bp and im not prone to bp issues.

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
The danger of Dr. Google my friend. I just googled "high blood and inflammation" and there ARE articles out there suggesting there is a correlation. However, where the problems come into play, is that it's not always black and white. I, for one, don't know nearly enough about the mechanisms involved with ArA consumption and the effects on the body, to make a broad statement that because ArA causes inflammation, and inflammation MAY be a factor of high bp, then ArA must contribute to high bp. There are too many variables for my feeble mind to consider.

So, as long as the internet is alive and well, people will make broad comments about supplements and health problems.

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
Im sorry that is not what i was trying to do at all. I was just trying to give my personal experience with it and how it shoots up my bp. It is a fantastic product that gives good results and i really liked it. Although from my personal experience it shoots up my bp and im not prone to bp issues.
We now know what you meant. It was just the way it was stated made it seem like you were asserting a fact. Real world feedback like yours is appreciated, however, you have to qualify that it is just YOUR experience, not a researched fact or conclusion. Different supplements affect people in different ways.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
ARA should have no BP correlation in healthy individuals, by every mechanism we have actually tested.

Please can we not use associative reasoning blindly here.

Inflammation is an absurdly broad term. ARA's mechsnisms are very specific, and at this point pretty well studied.

BRUstrong

BRUstrong

Awards
  • Established
ARA should have no BP correlation in healthy individuals, by every mechanism we have actually tested.

Please can we not use associative reasoning blindly here.

Inflammation is an absurdly broad term. ARA's mechsnisms are very specific, and at this point pretty well studied.
Exactly my point

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Good conversation tho. Just glad to see we can come to a consensus ;)

Wormy505

Awards
Thanks for all the replies. I have ran ABE before with good luck so I'm leaning towards trying the new formula along with some SNS inhibit e that I already have. Thoughts?

Zoomie33240

Zoomie33240

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for all the replies. I have ran ABE before with good luck so I'm leaning towards trying the new formula along with some SNS inhibit e that I already have. Thoughts?
Sounds solid to me. Nothing wrong with that at all

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Not a bad plan at all. Both will help with lean strength. Should be a decent simple stack

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
1 thing I might recommend is asking your doctor if you could switch from Lisinopril to losartan....lisinopril is a known libido killer and comes with lots of sides...losartan is much more libido friendly and has less sides!!!

LG Sciences

LG Sciences

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
I'd go with M1D Andro at your age. Good for you, won't bother the BP issues and will give you the boost you need.

Staples: Fish Oil, CoQ10, Magnesium, Melatonin

5-DHEA has been well studied and is extremely safe. M1D Andro and Mesobolin 250 is a killer stack.

M1D Andro - 6 tabs per day 3 morning and 3 night
Mesobolin 250 - 6 tabs per day 3 morning and 3 night

Wormy505

Awards
Awesome. I'll research those. I'll post results after my run. I'm sure I'm not the only person with BP issues out there.