Epicatethin in Cocoa Powder

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
This type of thing caught my eye...but the doses in supplements are in the 500-1000 mg per day range and many people still say those supplements aren't that great. I don't think the epi content will hurt. It probably has a lot of health benefits.

Is it dosed high enough to be a reliable muscle builder? I doubt that. Maybe it will help a little and be a nice side effect, but eating a pound of cocoa every day doesn't seem like a good idea to me...even I have limits.

I've seen other estimates showing roughly 0.1% epi content in cocoa powder. This means that 98 mg figure you have is maybe 50 mg and probably going to vary in between there given each batch, different brands, etc.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
This is off your topic but I heard something about epicatechin helping prevent cancer? is that true or did i read something wrong? haha

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
This is off your topic but I heard something about epicatechin helping prevent cancer? is that true or did i read something wrong? haha

Yes, just google (-)-Epicatechin and cancer and you will get loads of research showing different ways the substance shows promise in treating cancer. Even if its direct effects aren't substantial (which they may be), it also has potential to make radiation treatment more effective by making cancer cells more sensitive to radiation without effecting normal cells. If I'm reading the studies correctly that is...

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
thats what I thought I read as well! Epicatechin is a staple supp for me so thats a positive!

BeardedBreast

BeardedBreast

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Tons of research orgs for diseases have recent articles about epicat and its positive effects on the conditions of their afflictions