SOMETIMES EVEN Science Can't Help Save You--Media TRUMPS Science??

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1451423571.303911.jpg

Not exactly a paste. But all I can do on mobile

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Of ORIGINAL ARTICLE

ilepology January-February, Vol. 15 No. 1, 2016: 91-118

The Official Journal of the Mexican Association of Hepatology,
the Latin-American Association for Study of the Liver and
the Canadian Association for the Study of the Liver

The mystery of the

Hawaii liver disease cluster in summer 2013:

A pragmatic and clinical approach to solve the problem

Rolf Teschke,* Alexander Schwarzenboeck, Christian Frenzel,

Johannes Schulze,— Axel Eickhoff,* Albrecht Wolff****

* Department of Internal Medicine II, Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Klinikum Hanau, Teaching Hospital of the Medical Faculty,
Goethe University Frankfurt/ Main, Germany.
** Department of Medicine I, University Medical Center Hamburg Eppendorf, Germany.
*** Institute of Industrial, Environmental and Social Medicine, Medical Faculty, Goethe University Frankfurt/Main, Germany.
"**" Department of Internal Medicine II, Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Infectious Diseases, Friedrich Schiller University Jena, Germany.

ABSTRACT

Background and aim. In the fall of 2013, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) published a preliminary re-
port on a cluster of liver disease cases that emerged in Hawaii in the summer 2013. This report claimed a temporal association as
sufficient evidence that OxyELITE Pro (OEP), a dietary supplement (DS) mainly for weight loss, was the cause of this mysterio-
us cluster. However, the presented data were inconsistent and required a thorough reanalysis. Material and methods. To further
investigate the cause(s) of this cluster, we critically evaluated redacted raw clinical data of the cluster patients, as the CDC re-
port received tremendous publicity in local and nationwide newspapers and television. This attention put regulators and physicians
from the medical center in Honolulu that reported the cluster, under enormous pressure to succeed, risking biased evaluations and
hasty conclusions. Results. We noted pervasive bias in the documentation, conclusions, and public statements, also poor quality
of case management. Among the cases we reviewed, many causes unrelated to any DS were evident, including decompensated
liver cirrhosis, acute liver failure by acetaminophen overdose, acute cholecystitis with gallstones, resolving acute hepatitis B, acute
HSV and VZV hepatitis, hepatitis E suspected after consumption of wild hog meat, and hepatotoxicity by acetaminophen or ibupro-
fen. Causality assessments based on the updated CIOMS scale confirmed the lack of evidence for any DS including OEP as culprit
for the cluster. Conclusions. Thus, the Hawaii liver disease cluster is now best explained by various liver diseases rather than
any DS, including OEP.

Key words. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Food and Drug Administration. Hawaii Department of Health. Honolulu
Queen's Medical Center. OxyELITE Pro.

INTRODUCTION ment of Health (HDOH), with the CDC and the US

Food and Drug Administration (FDA), had initiated a

A 2014 article in the New EnglandJournal of Medicine pro- public health investigation.2

voked interest and controversy when it reported that epi- Patients of this Hawaii cluster mostly became ill in the
demiologists at the US Centers for Disease Control and summer of 2013 - highly suggestive of a seasonal outbreak

Prevention (CDC) had confirmed what a liver-transplant by zoonical, bacterial, or viral pathogens like hepatitis A

surgeon in Honolulu had suspected: OxyELITE Pro virus (HAV) or hepatitis E virus (HEV);3 such geographic

(OEP), a popular over-the-counter dietary supplement clusters are rarely caused by DS or drugs with national

(DS) for weight loss, was responsible for a cluster of cases distribution. HEV genotypes 1-4 occur in humans, types 3

of severe hepatitis and acute liver failure (ALF) in the and 4 in animals.4-6 Infected animals may transmit HEV in-
summer of 2013.1 OEP had been withdrawn from the fections to humans,4-12 with farmers, hunters, and outdoor

shelves,1 and in September of 2013, the Hawaii Depart- enthusiasts at high risk of contracting HEV from infected

Manuscript received: March 16, 2015. Manuscript accepted: May 16, 2015.

DOI: 10.5604/16652681.1184237

Good enough?

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
ABSTRACT

Background and aim. In the fall of 2013, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) published a preliminary report on a cluster of liver disease cases that emerged in Hawaii in the summer 2013. This report claimed a temporal association as sufficient evidence that OxyELITE Pro (OEP), a dietary supplement (DS) mainly for weight loss, was the cause of this mysterious cluster. However, the presented data were inconsistent and required a thorough reanalysis.

Material and methods. To further investigate the cause(s) of this cluster, we critically evaluated redacted raw clinical data of the cluster patients, as the CDC report received tremendous publicity in local and nationwide newspapers and television. This attention put regulators and physicians from the medical center in Honolulu that reported the cluster, under enormous pressure to succeed, risking biased evaluations and hasty conclusions.

Results. We noted pervasive bias in the documentation, conclusions, and public statements, also poor quality of case management. Among the cases we reviewed, many causes unrelated to any DS were evident, including decompensated liver cirrhosis, acute liver failure by acetaminophen overdose, acute cholecystitis with gallstones, resolving acute hepatitis B, acute HSV and VZV hepatitis, hepatitis E suspected after consumption of wild hog meat, and hepatotoxicity by acetaminophen or ibuprofen. Causality assessments based on the updated CIOMS scale confirmed the lack of evidence for any DS including OEP as culprit for the cluster.

Conclusions. Thus, the Hawaii liver disease cluster is now best explained by various liver diseases rather than any DS, including OEP.
fixed! Added line breaks instead of bold

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That's the entire article. I think you wanted it posted in it's entirety so you could read it directly in this thread. I'm too numb in the head to figure out how to cut and paste it all. I only have a pdf viewer though and not an editor. So I'm guessing that would help.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Tried a couple of free online converter programs and it only converts the first page to text. This is way too frustrating. I don't have enough patience.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
if you want the whole article posted in here it appears the document is protected....so for anyone who has the resources:

Protected PDF Documents

If the creator of the PDF document disabled content copying, you can't select and copy the text from Adobe Reader. You can use OCR software such as Microsoft OneNote, FreeOCR or SimpleOCR. Take a screenshot of the text you wish to copy and then use the OCR software to extract the text. This procedure is useful if you have forgotten the PDF password. Again, copying or using copyrighted text without permission may be illegal.

U

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
thank you…

Tbone you tried and that's all that matters….let me know what you want...

L

LEATHERFACE

Awards
Tried a couple of free online converter programs and it only converts the first page to text. This is way to frustrating. I don't have enough patience.
we are gonna start raising money to buy you some clothes

R

Rushie

Awards
Now we just need a new spin to explain all those damning USP Labs emails...

R

Rushie

Awards
Anyway, if I were a USP labs rep I'd show some f***** humility, apologize for my sh*** company and accept the fact that it has lost most if not all of its credibility mainly due to its own shady f***** fault. That and I'd ship all the leftover stock to Bob to post pics of it in various threads.

But I see you already did the second part.

D

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anyway, if I were a USP labs rep I'd show some f***** humility, apologize for my sh*** company and accept the fact that it has lost most if not all of its credibility mainly due to its own shady f***** fault. That and I'd ship all the leftover stock to Bob to post pics of it in various threads.

They're in the mere beginnings of a years long legal saga, even if the allegations are all true, they would be foolish to do that, they have a case to try and win.

The allegations certainly look damning, and I really don't see how they'll pull off convincing a judge or jury that they are innocent of all wrongdoing, but stranger things have happened.

One thing is for sure, any industry participant should be watching the eventual proceedings of the case very carefully...as many companies are guilty of the same or similar allegations are were laid out at USPLabs, and some of them are basically standard industry practices.

U

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The allegations certainly look damning, and I really don't see how they'll pull off convincing a judge or jury that they are innocent of all wrongdoing, but stranger things have happened.
How can you say that without seeing the evidence?

U

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

At minimum did you read the study?

M

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Used all usp labs recent supplements and they are great. So as a consumer I have faith in them.

U

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Used all usp labs recent supplements and they are great. So as a consumer I have faith in them.
After reading a peer reviewed study by the worlds' expert, an intelligent mind would not condemn on media nonsense and weigh the facts….

Those who have commented have not read studied it…..yet.

Chefdeez

Chefdeez

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
After reading a peer reviewed study by the worlds' expert, an intelligent mind would not condemn on media nonsense and weigh the facts….

Those who have commented have not read studied it…..yet.
Ultimate T is still the only "test booster" I've ever used with noticeable benefits.

D

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How can you say that without seeing the evidence?
I mean, I guess we'll see when we see, but the DOJ does not typically overstate their case in federal indictments, hence their overwhelmingly high conviction rate.

It seems far-fetched to me that not only are some of their allegations unfounded by evidence they claim to have, but that *all of them* are unfounded.

Unfortunately I assume that a lot of the evidence and information to be presented in an eventual trial will hit the docket either heavily redacted or sealed due to containing proprietary business information.

D

Duywayne

Awards
  • Established
I mean, I guess we'll see when we see, but the DOJ does not typically overstate their case in federal indictments, hence their overwhelmingly high conviction rate.

It seems far-fetched to me that not only are some of their allegations unfounded by evidence they claim to have, but that *all of them* are unfounded.

Unfortunately I assume that a lot of the evidence and information to be presented in an eventual trial will hit the docket either heavily redacted or sealed due to containing proprietary business information.
Eh not really. I've worked in various legal sectors for the past 10 years along with government dealings, the majority of non-violent cases filed by the government never see the light of trial and are settled outside of court. That is actually their usual hope as they move forward as for them to win at trial it needs to be an unanimous decision.

The grand jury process which leads to the indictment, on the other hand, is a joke and has been posed for reform for decades. It allows only one side of the story to be told by the prosecutor, with "evidence" spun however they want, no defense, etc. 99% of grand jury's move forward with indictment because of that. At the same time if the prosecutor doesn't want an indictment to occur like the recent police shootings they can spin the story that way too, which happens because government will usually protect government.

U

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Again, How do you know that about DOJ?

I feel the Facts will set us free. I encourage you to read published data over media hype......

U

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Eh not really. I've worked in various legal sectors for the past 10 years along with government dealings, the majority of non-violent cases filed by the government never see the light of trial and are settled outside of court. That is actually their usual hope as they move forward as for them to win at trial it needs to be an unanimous decision.

The grand jury process which leads to the indictment, on the other hand, is a joke and has been posed for reform for decades. It allows only one side of the story to be told by the prosecutor, with "evidence" spun however they want, no defense, etc. 99% of grand jury's move forward with indictment because of that. At the same time if the prosecutor doesn't want an indictment to occur like the recent police shootings they can spin the story that way too, which happens because government will usually protect government.
an objective mind...few and far between....

Justlooking5

Justlooking5

Awards
http://www.annalsofhepatology.com/revista/numeros/2016/HP161-12-Mystery (web) (FF_041215V)_PROTEGIDO (1).pdf

Time will tell the truth, sometimes too much time passes before truth is revealed.

Whoever can paste abstract in this thread. I will send them a care package...
Shameful company. You have no credibility nor do you care about the wellfare of this community. Unless those emails in the DOJ indictment were faked (yeah right), because even they are enough to damn this criminal enterprise.

Justlooking5

Justlooking5

Awards

I agree. And if essentially any of them are true, USP Labs is a POS company run by sociopaths who don't give half a **** about how they affect the health of their customers as long as they continue to profit. (E.g., the indictment suggests after their product was removed from shelves due to health concerns in the US they tried to ship supplies of it to sell overseas.)

D

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Again, How do you know that about DOJ?

I feel the Facts will set us free. I encourage you to read published data over media hype......
I always read the published data as you're well aware ;)

I don't feel that bystanders have enough of the facts currently to even reconcile an opinion of 'oh they're guilty screw them!' or 'oh they're innocent, screw the DOJ!'

I was just saying that what they've alleged you and USPLabs of doing, is some pretty shady things, and then some pretty greay area things that are commonplace in the industry and don't really hurt anyone (i.e. Are they going to indict every single company that labeled their synthetic DMAA as geranium extract? Because I'm pretty sure hundreds of companies did that)

The main thing this and other recent incidents with the FDA and DOJ say to me is that really the entirety of legislation by which supplements are regulated is a tangled mess of regulations that the FDA attempted to lump into food regulations, but really does not provide an efficient groundwork for allowing a successful and responsible industry to thrive.

--

This is really tangential to the case you're involved in but like, I think most reasonable people could agree with me that as long as it is clearly and accurately marketed and labeled, I don't think there is anything inherently wrong with DMAA being available.

To the contrary, I think at this point most people would conclude that by the letter of the law, synthetic DMAA is not a legal dietary ingredient, and the mislabeling of synthetic DMAA as natural DMAA is deceptive whether your informed consumers are aware of the difference or not.

I think it really reflects on a regulatory status where what can be morally reconciled as right or not right do not line up with the eyes of the law.

--

D

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I agree. And if essentially any of them are true, USP Labs is a POS company run by sociopaths who don't give half a **** about how they affect the health of their customers as long as they continue to profit. (E.g., the indictment suggests after their product was removed from shelves due to health concerns in the US they tried to ship supplies of it to sell overseas.)
The key pivot there is if.

Something being against the law per regulations in one place does not make it illegal in other places, moving product to a different market over regulatory issues is a common occurrence in all industries.

D

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Settlements/Pleas are not counted in the DOJs conviction rate. Their trial conviction rate in 2012 was 93%.

You're not wrong about grand juries, and the crux there is that really everybody and every entity is in violation of some level of the law. If a governing body is pushing for an indictment, one can almost certainly be made.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty? You haven't even heard USP labs side of it and you're already lightning a torch and trying to burn them at the stake. I agree if the allegations are true they are ****ty, but I'm not so quick to burn them bc the government said they did something bad. We haven't seen the contrary side of the accusations nor have we seen the evidence as a whole.

You could pick and chose the texts you pull out of my group text with friends and I will come across as a not so good person. If you read the messages in context you will find they have an entirely different meaning. Granted a bit different, but the point still stands. Those emails without context aren't damning, IMO.

Justlooking5

Justlooking5

Awards
The key pivot there is if.

Something being against the law per regulations in one place does not make it illegal in other places, moving product to a different market over regulatory issues is a common occurrence in all industries.
So USP Labs' product is taken off the market due to concerns it is causing liver failure, and you have (given emails) already been ****ing around with importing synthetic chemicals and falsely selling them to consumers as natural (see email, quote: "lol it's completely 100% synthetic").... what do you do?

Paraphrased from the indictment text:

"USP Labs promised the FDA and public it would cease distribution of OEP, but internally engaged in a surreptitious, all-hands-on-deck effort to sell as much OEP as quickly as possible, and attempted to ship the reset out of the US to avoid having the FDA seize the product."

K, this is how sociopaths conduct business. Absolutely no regard for the wellfare of others, lying, etc. Kind of like the behavior of some Wall Street people.

If even a portion of the indictment information is true USP Labs is total sh*t and should never sell anything to anyone.

Justlooking5

Justlooking5

Awards
Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty? You haven't even heard USP labs side of it and you're already lightning a torch and trying to burn them at the stake. I agree if the allegations are true they are ****ty, but I'm not so quick to burn them bc the government said they did something bad. We haven't seen the contrary side of the accusations nor have we seen the evidence as a whole.

You could pick and chose the texts you pull out of my group text with friends and I will come across as a not so good person. If you read the messages in context you will find they have an entirely different meaning. Granted a bit different, but the point still stands. Those emails without context aren't damning, IMO.
Innocent until proven guilty is for a court of law. I've been around this community long enough to see multiple incidents where supp companys put irresponsible ingredients in their products and people end up having health problems as a result. There is enough evidence combined with what I highly doubt are fabricated emails of malevolent wrongdoing that it is not enough to just sit back and wait for a court proceeding to find out the "truth," lol, as though the court's decision of guilt or innocence is a guarantor of truth anyway.

At a minimum, it seems very clear that USP Labs sold people synthetic chemicals from a Chinese lab that it claimed were herbal extracts, which is enough for me to say they should not be doing business and don't respect their consumers or their consumers' health enough to tell them what's really in their products, and profits were more important.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If you read the link he posted it refutes the health problems. The same ingredient linked to liver failure was in a PES supplement and no one had any health issues. Are you that dead set on them being a terrible company that you refuse to listen to any contrary evidence supporting their innocence?

Again, I'm not saying they're innocent. Nor am I saying their guilty. I'm saying burning them at the stake because of an indictment is incredibly premature and blindly puts your faith in the grand jury and DA.

U

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
At a minimum, it seems very clear that USP Labs sold people synthetic chemicals from a Chinese lab that it claimed were herbal extracts, which is enough for me to say they should not be doing business and don't respect their consumers or their consumers' health enough to tell them what's really in their products, and profits were more important.
absolutely not....If that was true, you would know exactly what unlisted ingredient was not listed on the label. Why haven't those products been named and an alert issued. think about it.

D

Duywayne

Awards
  • Established
Settlements/Pleas are not counted in the DOJs conviction rate. Their trial conviction rate in 2012 was 93%.

You're not wrong about grand juries, and the crux there is that really everybody and every entity is in violation of some level of the law. If a governing body is pushing for an indictment, one can almost certainly be made.
Correct, if going to trial. But the percent that go to trial is very small just because the evidence to convict beyond a reasonable doubt is not there, many times determined by the judge. Going to trial sometimes is the strategy; it can be someone who is guilty and does not want to accept the plea deal and take their chances in court, or it could a way for the defense to win the case all together to have the charges dropped ie Bayer vs FTC. Majority of the time prosecutors do not want to go to trial, its way to risky for the true story to come out by the defense.

You are definitely true when the government wants to indict they can easily do so. This is what is going on with Bill Cosby right now, these decisions can be political and you will see them more like we did this year 2015 since we are approach elections.

D

Duywayne

Awards
  • Established
Paraphrased from the indictment text:

"USP Labs promised the FDA and public it would cease distribution of OEP, but internally engaged in a surreptitious, all-hands-on-deck effort to sell as much OEP as quickly as possible, and attempted to ship the reset out of the US to avoid having the FDA seize the product."

K, this is how sociopaths conduct business. Absolutely no regard for the wellfare of others, lying, etc. Kind of like the behavior of some Wall Street people.

Problem here is if you look at the facts presented today their are strong contradictions in this. FDA claimed their were liver injuries being created by OEP, but yet a peer reviewed study (i have not read the entire study) just published showed the exact opposite of this.

And as DeeB said international law does not equal US law, so moving product out internationally where there is demand while allegations are being investigated is not sociopathic behavior.

U

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Problem here is if you look at the facts presented today their are strong contradictions in this. FDA claimed their were liver injuries being created by OEP, but yet a peer reviewed study (i have not read the entire study) just published showed the exact opposite of this.
.....by manipulation of the RUCAM scoring by the Hawaii doctors....

M

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I will sit back and wait and see. But I believe in usp labs and their products and will continue to use and recommend.

D

De__eB

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Innocent until proven guilty is for a court of law. I've been around this community long enough to see multiple incidents where supp companys put irresponsible ingredients in their products and people end up having health problems as a result. There is enough evidence combined with what I highly doubt are fabricated emails of malevolent wrongdoing that it is not enough to just sit back and wait for a court proceeding to find out the "truth," lol, as though the court's decision of guilt or innocence is a guarantor of truth anyway.

What brands are you a fan of?

What if I told you that probably at least 90% or more of supplement companies in business today have in the past or are currently intentionally or inadvertently doing exactly this?

Hundreds of companies labeled their synthetic DMAA as an extract.

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
El Machete

El Machete

Awards

Dude, I normally just read the posts for info but I absolutely had to register to comment. You are severely lacking in the brains department and probably believe anything Fox News or CNN tell you. Not just that but you OBVIOUSLY DID NOT READ THIS STUDY. If you did read it, you would be upset because you would've realized that the FDA LIED to all of us! OEP was a top selling weight loss product with millions of doses taken ALL OVER THE WORLD for years and all of a sudden there is a cluster of liver issues in Hawaii during the summer of 1 year, and they blame a much-taken product?! Sounded fishy to me then and now that I've read a SCIENTIFIC STUDY (I can define that for you if you'd like, just ask), it just reinforces what I already knew. So sad, really, that so many people jump on the media bandwagon... you will all end up salves to Big Pharma (which by the way really does kill people). WAKE UP!!!! Read and educate yourself with real info and not the crap that's spoon fed to us by the media.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
PES did not use Cynanchum Auriculatum, correct? That mofo has some seriously bad data to go along with it.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Who is/was USPLabs law firm? Is it still Covington and Burling, with Peter Hutt taking the lead?

Note the conflict of interest disclosure at the end of this one (and only as far as I can find - it's the same defense .pdf presented in the first USPL thread) study:

Conflict of Interest Disclosure

Rolf Teschke received.... and for consultation by Covington and Burling LLP Washington DC.
So this science involves USPLabs law firm. Maybe it's still good, but people should at least be aware when reading it.

R

Rushie

Awards
Dude, I normally just read the posts for info but I absolutely had to register to comment. You are severely lacking in the brains department and probably believe anything Fox News or CNN tell you. Not just that but you OBVIOUSLY DID NOT READ THIS STUDY. If you did read it, you would be upset because you would've realized that the FDA LIED to all of us! OEP was a top selling weight loss product with millions of doses taken ALL OVER THE WORLD for years and all of a sudden there is a cluster of liver issues in Hawaii during the summer of 1 year, and they blame a much-taken product?! Sounded fishy to me then and now that I've read a SCIENTIFIC STUDY (I can define that for you if you'd like, just ask), it just reinforces what I already knew. So sad, really, that so many people jump on the media bandwagon... you will all end up salves to Big Pharma (which by the way really does kill people). WAKE UP!!!! Read and educate yourself with real info and not the crap that's spoon fed to us by the media.
I gather with all your reading comprehension skills and vast reading experience you haven't read the USP e-mails?

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
I gather with all your reading comprehension skills and vast reading experience you haven't read the USP e-mails?
Yeah, ummm - Join date of Jan 2016 with two posts... is this stuff company/council approved? I can't believe it is, it's not helping in my opinion, but it ain't my company :)

And I hate to rehash the facts, but OEP changed formulas more than once El Machete - it's only after the Cynanchum was added, that the problems seemed to crop up.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Lmao.

El Machete

El Machete

Awards
Dude, emails? Probably taken out of context. PLUS, had you known it wasn't 'natural', would you have not taken it? I HIGHLY doubt it. And I'll give you some examples of my reading comprehension skills. Google: "Report_of_the_DoD_DMAA_Safety_Review_Panel_2013". And did you even read the study the rep posted? If you say yes, then English is probably not your first language. Here's some more reading comprehension for you: Google: "35 FDA-Approved Prescription Drugs Later Pulled from the Market". Still want to lick the FDA's balls? Here's another one posted here in your favorite forum: "Mysterious Hawaii Liver Disease Case – Naproxen Overdose Rather than Oxyelite Pro?" I'm sure you have the skills to find the actual study. If not, just ask me and I'll show you how to use google and give you some tips on deciphering a credible source from junk.