Supps for surgery recovery

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
RE: Torn Distal biceps ligament (re-attachment) :(

Any supp ideas to facilitate/expedite post-surgery healing/recovery?

NON HORMONAL
NO PEPTIDES
NO HGH

Thanks

anab0lix

anab0lix

Awards
  • Established
Probably anything that improves blood circulation.

Why not mk677? Just wondering

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I've heard laxogenin sometimes helps but I don't think there's anything proven on that. I don't think it would hurt. Then stock up on multis and fish oil.

hsk

Awards
  • Established

NON HORMONAL
NO PEPTIDES
NO HGH

Thanks
I feel your pain. I am going through a bad injury myself. Had a rhomboid strain/minor tear that eventually led to major inflammation and then spread to traps and right rotator cuff. Training has been limited to lower body only and any upper body stuff I do is with very light weights just for blood flow and keeping tendons, ligaments, and joints moving.

I would say try to stick with the basics such as BCAA's and creatine to maintain lean muscle mass. Aside from that I've been using SNS Cissus XT and OL Gharine MK-677. Other staples I still use daily that help are fish oil, agmatine, and l-citrulline. Also anything else that helps with joint/cartilage health, blood flow and restful sleep should hopefully make recovery faster.

Good luck and I wish you a speedy recovery.

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
If no MK-677,

Then possibly:

BMP
Cissus
Laxogenin (Str3ngth Unleashed is on SALE right now)
(-)epi may help with inflammation and also promotes angiogenesis possibly aiding in blood supply for repair (EP1C also on SALE right now thru the 6th)

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Joint Support-XT/Achilles
Cissus
Laxogenin

LEATHERFACE

Awards
In my experience with injury, the best supplement for me was type 1 collagen (hydrolyzed), 10 grams on empty stomach, I would not use cissus if I was you, I would not want to have pain killing effect, that could alter your judgement.

Good luck!

hsk

Awards
  • Established
What brand did you use and for how long? Also was it a blended product with type 2 or 3 collagen? I have not been able to find a bulk powder Type 1 Collagen product.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
If no MK-677,

Then possibly:

BMP
Cissus
Laxogenin (Str3ngth Unleashed is on SALE right now)
(-)epi may help with inflammation and also promotes angiogenesis possibly aiding in blood supply for repair (EP1C also on SALE right now thru the 6th)
Would these help with any type of surgery? My wife just had her diastasis recti repaired and I'm curious also as to what would help her too.

max silver

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Wobenzym is of great use to reduce healing times, and reduce inflammation from trauma such as surgery.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote

NON HORMONAL
NO PEPTIDES
NO HGH

Thanks
Nothing, and I mean nothing will help as much as followig your rehab programs and keeping the arm moving when it ok to do so. As soon as the physio clears it, start using 1kg DBs and trying to strengthen the joints and tendons when you can.

Someone I know who I helped through bilateral hip tear surgery was 8 weeks ahead of her rehab because we got her on the spin bike and doing TVA lifts and unloaded partial single leg leg press as soon as she was able to get back into the gym.

We get the reps very light and the range minimal on movements that exerted the most force on the hip, but strengthened the muscle groups around it and slowly built up strength on the hip itself and she is now 11 months post op doing 80kg front squats for at 90% for a single. 5kg more than pre op.

That is insane.

Alongside that, Cissus, a joint support supplement (Antaeus labs do one I like, and also our new Joint Support XT - which is VERY comprehensive) and maybe Curcumin if pain gets quite bad are all very good.

In saying that, rehab comes first and I know you know that but just wamt to hammer home how much Itl benefit you.

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks a bunch for your insightful reply Jiggy ;)

Sparta12

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
just jumping in on this anything for healing of scar tissue on scalp? i think mk 677 will help, but anything else?

TeamTGB

TeamTGB

Awards
Most Wanted/ Dermastrength/ are great adaptogens, a good joint supplement such as joint support xt or achilles and anything that helps bloodflow as well.

cheeky1

cheeky1

Awards
  • Established
just jumping in on this anything for healing of scar tissue on scalp? i think mk 677 will help, but anything else?
A good vitamin E cream & i'll likely cop some flack for this, but Stemtech Dermastem is the best topical I've found for scars, injuries, infection & sun spots. Self tested effective, my mother & sister have also used on skin cancers & scars with great success.

Burnfire

Burnfire

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I agree that the rehab will be the best thing. But with the following it might greatly aid on your path of recovery.

I've been taking SNS cissus and joint support XT it's really been helping with my shoulders and knees. I'm waiting on the new OL strength unleashed. In addition I threw in OL gharine about 2 weeks ago (I know you said no hgh but still wanted to throw it out there for consideration). Also try some fish oil, glucosamine

cheeky1

cheeky1

Awards
  • Established
For post injury &/or surgery I recommend Vibrant Health Joint Vibrance. It's the most comprehensive & well dosed formula (powder) I've found to date. It's not cheap, but it works if you pump it in.

For tendon injury &/or inflammation try cissus &/or Joint Fixx - keep in mind cissus doesn't seem to have the same benefit for everyone. Joint Fixx is: avocado - soybean oil, turmeric & hyaluronic acid.

For joint support & controlling inflammation Infinite Labs Joint Support is great as it contains Boswellia, cayenne & turmeric + building blocks.

For daily maintenance & joint lubrication Vital Labs Joyful Joints - contains building blocks + cissus & Hyaluronic acid.

For connective tissue repair & joint maintenance Now Joint Support Powder as it contains collagen + building blocks.

MK-677 I would also recommend, if it doesn't cross your HGH line. Also Ostarine is great for connective tissues (don't be fooled into thinking you've healed before time though) & Stemtech SE3 (this has worked for me before).

For ointments Christophers range is amazing...and I've tried a few. Use the Complete Tissue & Bone ointment after physio sessions to help draw out the bruising & clear the damaged cells, this will speed up the healing process by allowing fresh cells to proliferate in the repair zone faster & in greater numbers. Use with either of:
Sen Sei Menthol cooling balm, for cool heat, or
Cayenne heat balm for warmth, to help with stretching to increase range of motion and boost circulation.

Sombra is an Aloe Vera based cooling gel, get the heat one with cayenne in it for added anti-inflammation. Keep it in the fridge & if you overdo it or are experiencing pain slap some of that on, especially before bed - it works a treat for pain relief (if it's cold where you are use the Cayenne balm instead...it also clears sinus pretty quickly!)

Aside from that, as Jiigzz mentioned, slow & steady strengthening exercises, lots of stretching & range of motion movement.

Thefatbloke

Awards
  • Established
Lots of sensible suggestions here regarding joint support supps.
I would go with cissus and high dose pantothenic acid.

Joint supportXT looks interesting as well.

dave39

dave39

Awards
  • Established
If you want to avoid the "good stuff" that will actually assist in recovery than your primary options are Time/Rest, Physio efforts/Rehab, and healthy eating.
Most of the supps being recommended are fine if you are having joint pain or joint issues but that's about it.

cheeky1

cheeky1

Awards
  • Established
If you want to avoid the "good stuff" that will actually assist in recovery than your primary options are Time/Rest, Physio efforts/Rehab, and healthy eating.
Most of the supps being recommended are fine if you are having joint pain or joint issues but that's about it.
You don't think that increased circulation, anti-inflammation & connective tissue supportive ingredients are useful in the case of a tendon reattachment?

I respectfully beg to differ.
Are they essential? No, they are not. Are they useful & may they encourage faster recovery? Yes, I believe so, in conjunction with appropriate rehabilitation and care.