Best tasting protein powder?

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm sure it's been asked a zillion times, but I find it nearly impossible to get samples down here in Australia and I'm tired of buying crappy flavored protein.

I'm looking at a few ... has anyone tried these?

Muscletech, Phase8 Milk Choc
Dymatize Nutrition Elite Gourmet Cookes & Cream
Dymatize Nutrition Elite Casein Cinnamon Bun
USN Wheytella Chocolate Hazelnut
PES Snickerdoodle
Scitec Chocolate Hazelnut
BSN SYNTHA-6 Choc Peanut Butter OR Chocolate Cake Batter
Giant Sports Salted Caramel

Recently I enjoyed Usplabs Oxy Elite Banana, actually tasted awesome in water!

Thanks for any feedback!

Verse

Awards
PES is good. De Novo also has good stuff. AllMax IsoNatural isn't bad, but it isn't good. It has no protein taste whatsoever, but the overall flavoring is weak.

rreal_natty

rreal_natty

Awards
PES is good. De Novo also has good stuff. AllMax IsoNatural isn't bad, but it isn't good. It has no protein taste whatsoever, but the overall flavoring is weak.
Agreed, you pretty much can't go erong eith pes. I got tired of dymatize cinnamon bun after about a week, however if you add it to volume oats it tastes like rice pudding

rreal_natty

rreal_natty

Awards
I think the best protien i've tried is usp labs modern vanilla protein

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
PES tastes amazing. Syntha 6 has a great flavor too, but higher in fat than most protein powders.

I wouldn't buy Muscletech Phase 8, its been on a lot of 'do not buy' lists after testing, its low quality. Dymatize usually has decent flavoring, but some flavors aren't too great. USP Labs Oxyelite Protein is delicious, I would have to agree. Take a look at Myprotein impact whey too. Flavor isn't as good as some, but its great quality for a great price.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have to see what's available here, take into account PES 4lb protein is like 90-110au, roughly 75us.

USP Labs elite protein was yummy, reminded me of BSN Dessert banana. Anyone tried their chocolate? Normally in water protein powders lack taste, but it was a thumps up!

TexasLifter89

TexasLifter89

Awards
  • Established
Iforce blueberry muffin all the way

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Are you looking for a specific flavor? It is hard to compare snickerdoodle, chocolate and cookies n cream.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
out of those PES
I would be cautious on the phase 8 and Giant Sports as it had lawsuits in the past for protein spiking // aka using low grade aminos and false label claims of untrue protein content. You can google the lawsuits on the price plow protein spiking article.

i would also highly consider

Beverly UMP Cookies & Cream
blue star chocolate covered banana
metabolic nutrition PB Cookie
XF 2.0 Lemon Cream Pie

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
If you're going for best tasting protein I would definitely look at pes select and syntha-6. They are by far the two best tasting ive tried.

FireRescue

Awards
  • Established
Syntha6 is very hard to beat. A little higher in fat and carbs (with some fiber) but I find that it is a bit more satiating for those reasons too.

dave39

dave39

Awards
  • Established
I'm sure it's been asked a zillion times, but I find it nearly impossible to get samples down here in Australia and I'm tired of buying crappy flavored protein.

PES Snickerdoodle

Recently I enjoyed Usplabs Oxy Elite Banana, actually tasted awesome in water!

Thanks for any feedback!
Phase8 looks spiked to me (see ingredient label)
Dymatize has good consistency and good flavor
USN - never had before
PES - not a fan of their flavoring or consistency. It's good for cooking but I don't enjoy it in liquid form
Scitec - never had before
BSN Syntha 6 - good taste but poor quality protein - also does not meet protein amount on label
Giant Sports - never had before
USPlabs - haven't tried but it's one I want to try!

Current Favorites are whey blends from canadianprotein dot com - enjoying Canadian Maple and Strawberry
Also enjoy Allmax proteins and BioX

carmaf

carmaf

Awards
  • Established
Phase8 is absolute junk do not waste your money.

Not including factors like profile or price, the best TASTING powders I have ever had personally are (I'm a blend/Casein man though, and haven't tried even half as many powders as many here have, in the spirit of full disclosure):

(In no particular order)

Tier 1 (Absolutely incredible, tastes just like a dessert) - UMP CnC, XF 2.0 Cinammon Roll, Select CPBC, Select Gourmet Vanilla

Tier 2 (Still very good, but not as legendary as T1) - UMP Rocky Road, Select CnC, Select Snickerdoodle

carmaf

carmaf

Awards
  • Established
Also see a lot of Syntha-6 recommendations. Profile doesn't look too great, but I've been hearing all over the place how good it is. I wish they offered sample tubs, but I think I may have to give them a shot based on all the feedback I've seen over the years.

Whey Revolution LeanCharms, Machine Whey line, AI Sports Whey, Hydra-6 and Protean are also on my list of proteins to try a sample of, so some possible suggestions to look into OP.

shreddc

Awards
out of those PES
I would be cautious on the phase 8 and Giant Sports as it had lawsuits in the past for protein spiking // aka using low grade aminos and false label claims of untrue protein content. You can google the lawsuits on the price plow protein spiking article.

i would also highly consider

Beverly UMP Cookies & Cream
blue star chocolate covered banana
metabolic nutrition PB Cookie
XF 2.0 Lemon Cream Pie
ump is the best protein I've ever tasted, seems to work great too.

carmaf

carmaf

Awards
  • Established
UMP is the stuff of legends.

They make a great CnC and Rocky Road!
Can't lie, your posts about it on another board turned me onto it. Glad though, bc it's something else. I can't tell CnC is protein sometimes, it's that good.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
UMP is the stuff of legends.

Can't lie, your posts about it on another board turned me onto it. Glad though, bc it's something else. I can't tell CnC is protein sometimes, it's that good.
Would not let you down brother.
Protogen is a great CnC as well, so would Champion Nutrition (even though it gets 0 recognition)
I am a huge fan of XF 2.0, but their CnC is not very good. even though their LCP, Cinnamon Roll, Mocha, and Butterscotch are all exceptional.

carmaf

carmaf

Awards
  • Established
Would not let you down brother.
Protogen is a great CnC as well, so would Champion Nutrition (even though it gets 0 recognition)
I am a huge fan of XF 2.0, but their CnC is not very good. even though their LCP, Cinnamon Roll, Mocha, and Butterscotch are all exceptional.
What happened to XF CnC though? I heard it is discontinued? I need to try it at least once though, bc XF is one of the top 5 best tasting proteins out there and CnC is my favorite kind of protein. I heard they are reformulating it though so fingers crossed.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
What happened to XF CnC though? I heard it is discontinued? I need to try it at least once though, bc XF is one of the top 5 best tasting proteins out there and CnC is my favorite kind of protein. I heard they are reformulating it though so fingers crossed.
Currently DC'd that is correct.
Dave even when he was at the helm never reformulated a flavor. Don't know your source on that (for the reformulation) but i personally have never heard that.

carmaf

carmaf

Awards
  • Established
Currently DC'd that is correct.
Dave even when he was at the helm never reformulated a flavor. Don't know your source on that (for the reformulation) but i personally have never heard that.
I think I saw it on some other board, when they announced new ownership, but it was probably just wishful thinking. Still I hope they do reformulate, bc I need to see if anyone can top UMP CnC. I need to try Mochaccino as well.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
the new ownership was well over a year ago, CNC was recently DC'd 2 months ago.
XF 2.0 CNC .. not gonna be worth your dime for the flavoring.

Irons_Mule

Irons_Mule

Awards
Dymatize ISO-100 "Gourmet Chocolate" is D E L I C I O U S!!!
I've had good luck with BPI flavors too.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Of those listed, late reply of Snickerdoodle,

Followed by the PBC but again with the higher cals and fillers...

If you've had a Snickerdoodle before,
PEScience nailed it
ImageUploadedByAnabolicMinds1450923902.161939.jpg

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Are you looking for a specific flavor? It is hard to compare snickerdoodle, chocolate and cookies n cream.
I like to mix it up. Happy to buy 3-4 different products, and rotate.

carmaf

carmaf

Awards
  • Established
Disagree, they are way off base. Swing and a miss.
I will agree I started finding it nasty in water, bc it's WAY too sweet, too strong. Absolutely love it in milk though. To be fair I've never had a real Snickerdoodle cookie, never even heard of it before Select, so I have nothing to base my opinion on.

What's the difference you find between the protein and the real thing?

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Oh man, I thought it was like Snickers flavor ?.

I dont even know half these brands, I dont believe their available in Australia. :(

Thanks for all the responses tho.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I will agree I started finding it nasty in water, bc it's WAY too sweet, too strong. Absolutely love it in milk though. To be fair I've never had a real Snickerdoodle cookie, never even heard of it before Select, so I have nothing to base my opinion on.

What's the difference you find between the protein and the real thing?
Completely different taste.

carmaf

carmaf

Awards
  • Established
Completely different taste.
Have you tried the Lenny&Larry Snickerdoodle? I want to have a frame of reference. That is the closest thing to a real one I've ever seen sold in stores here, and I'm not gonna hit up random bakeries like a fiend looking for that Snickerdoodle hit.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Have you tried the Lenny&Larry Snickerdoodle? I want to have a frame of reference. That is the closest thing to a real one I've ever seen sold in stores here, and I'm not gonna hit up random bakeries like a fiend looking for that Snickerdoodle hit.
Possibly. I know the gluten free ones from the supermarket that come in a clear plastic "box" are tasty.

dave39

dave39

Awards
  • Established
Disagree, they are way off base. Swing and a miss.
I have a 2lb snicker doodle in my pantry that I want to give away. Probably give it to the wife's sister to try. The PB makes decent pancakes, the CnC is gross -got a 5lb I'll give away, the Vanilla is "meh" -I have 10lbs that I'll try to use/chug.
Personally, I won't be buying any more PES Select. I enjoy some cheaper options though so that's ok.

carmaf

carmaf

Awards
  • Established
I have a 2lb snicker doodle in my pantry that I want to give away. Probably give it to the wife's sister to try. The PB makes decent pancakes, the CnC is gross -got a 5lb I'll give away, the Vanilla is "meh" -I have 10lbs that I'll try to use/chug.
Personally, I won't be buying any more PES Select. I enjoy some cheaper options though so that's ok.
Send that GV my way!

TrainerTone

TrainerTone

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
iForce Protean Blueberry Muffin, RVC and BSMOC are all favorites of mine

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Possibly. I know the gluten free ones from the supermarket that come in a clear plastic "box" are tasty.
I feel like any gluten free snickerdoodle is not going to taste like a snickerdoodle either, lol.

The cinnamon sugar is easy to emulate on anything, and that is the primary taste as you eat it as it coats the exterior, but what makes it a snickerdoodle is the crumbly butter cookie centre, which is undoubtedly the hardest part to emulate when making it into a whey, but I think they did a good job.

Bake anything with SD and IMO the scent and flavour are pretty in line.
But *shrug* it cant actually taste the way the texture makes it taste when in a fresh baked cookie.

Also, boxed snickerdoodles are the devil.
Home-made, bakery, or not at all ;)

But we clearly have different tastebuds anyways lol

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I highly recommend USP Labs protein, honestly best banana I've had in water. I bought another 4lb, and I'm considering buying chocolate.

alphanik

alphanik

Awards
Problem is a lot of the proteins ppl are suggesting here aren't available in Aus or are very expensive..have you tried bulknutrients...I find their flavouring to be pretty good...

K_pem

K_pem

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
One I love that hasn't been mentioned is the Rule 1- Salted Caramel!! It's expensive I suppose but I work at a supp shop that sells it so I get it at cost.

Also as mentioned dymatize makes some amazing flavors: cinnamon bun, fudge brownie, orange creamsicle, birthday cake.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Problem is a lot of the proteins ppl are suggesting here aren't available in Aus or are very expensive..have you tried bulknutrients...I find their flavouring to be pretty good...
One I love that hasn't been mentioned is the Rule 1- Salted Caramel!! It's expensive I suppose but I work at a supp shop that sells it so I get it at cost.

Also as mentioned dymatize makes some amazing flavors: cinnamon bun, fudge brownie, orange creamsicle, birthday cake.

Actually am going to buy the Salted Caramel WPC from BN. I heard their other flavors aren't that great?

I agree, I love the Dymatize Fudge Brownie, but it's only good in milk!

alphanik

alphanik

Awards
Actually am going to buy the Salted Caramel WPC from BN. I heard their other flavors aren't that great?

I agree, I love the Dymatize Fudge Brownie, but it's only good in milk!
I have had 5+ flavours from BN and have only had good experiences...the isolates are a bit blander than concentrates but that's normal..had other Aussie bulk brands,eg bulk powders,venom,no bull but I think BN is the best of them..

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
I use bulk nutrients as well. The WPC flavours are pretty good. The WPI is a bit bland. Not a heap of flavours to chose from but 5kg for about 120 delivered isn't to bad.

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
IForce Nutrition and APS have some of the best tasting ones that I have had in a long long time

The Iforce Blueberry Muffin is insane and the APS Cinnamon Graham Cracker is one of my favorites. Plus the APS one mixes so smooth, its great!!!!!

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
pyrobatt dropping early X-mas presents.
Trying these out over the next few weeks. Lets see how Chaos and Pain

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards

PES Snickerdoodle

Thanks for any feedback!
Of the *exact* ones you listed, get the PES Snickerdoodle. Have only tried one other company on that list ---> I will say, as a former Dymatize Elite XT user, that the flavoring contractor they use NAILED the Vanilla, Bananna, and Blueberry. So if the flavoring system carried over to the ones you can get, they may be worth a try. XT is mostly Soy and unknown quality WPC, so don't get that unless you are really broke. Wasn't Giant sued for spiking?

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The price is super high! Any recommendations for where to find UMP for less than 30 pieces of silver?!

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
The price is super high! Any recommendations for where to find UMP for less than 30 pieces of silver?!
Honestly rare to come by unless it's a big sale like BF / CM or if Beverly decided to do a great deal