Ashwagandha Effects

AKM007

Awards
Usually a lurker but I wanted to report my personal findings incase they help someone. I started using Ashwagandha after reading the Suppversity article on it and am approximately 4 days in. For those who don't know what it is, search the forums as more able minds have already chimed in.

I am usually a calm person by nature so I cant allude to its anxiety related effects (or it could be too early tell...maybe I will attain a Zen like state in the weeks to come). Personally though where I have found the greatest effect is the sleep quality. I don't have trouble sleeping but after taking this, I am achieving a deeper sleep state if that makes sense.

I sleep around 11 pm and get up around 6:30 am but usually I would like to get a few more minutes/hours of sleep. Now I get up without the alarm completely refreshed - like no desire to sleep in some more...Yesterday I went to sleep past midnight (I have a 2 year old...) and I woke up at 6 am...again completely charged up. Also to note - These are dreamless sleep.

Btw I am non responder to lot of things including caffeine and Ashwagandha doesn't make me sleepy nor gives me energy like some anecdotal experiences but when I do fall asleep its amazing. You could call this a placebo but its happening consistently night after night. For those interested to maximize GH production and recovery or have hectic schedules with limited sleep- maybe this could help you. I am using a 8% WA extract (KSM-66), 350 mg pill before sleep.

I am going to avoid dosing during the weekend to see if there is a change in sleep.

123abcabcabc

123abcabcabc

Awards
What's the brand of Ashwagandha that you're using? Just curious.

AKM007

Awards
Any increase in libido?
Nothing that I have noticed apart from the sleep quality.

One study (albeit in untrained men doing resistance training) found that it promotes Test but perhaps it takes more time. Also since it belongs to the adaptogen class of herbs, I believe it will normalize test levels in those who have lower levels more than affect those with normal test levels. Anyways, will report back on my findings as I go along!

latinorebel

Awards
After consistent use Ashwagandha, my c*ck stays hungry and hard all the time.

I personally have gotten that effect.

I'm 35.

AKM007

Awards
After consistent use Ashwagandha, my c*ck stays hungry and hard all the time.

I personally have gotten that effect.

I'm 35.
How long have you been using it? Also do you feel Ashwaganda has affected your gains?

AKM007

Awards
Brand HANOJU, reliable??
Hanoju is a German brand? I personally don't know much about them but perhaps some of our Eurobros can chip in.

As a general rule and especially for ayurvedic supplements its always good to go with trusted brands. One way to check is to email the company and ask if the perform lab tests for heavy metals....

latinorebel

Awards
How long have you been using it? Also do you feel Ashwaganda has affected your gains?
Well, currently, I haven't been lifting much the last 2 months cuz I've had a really bad upper respiratory infection.

That being said, I've taken it before. The only thing is that I've taken it with other natty supplements, so I can't honestly tell you that "oh, yea man, crazy gains from this supp."

Can't really say that.

I can tell you that after 3 to 4 weeks of consistent use, I notice an increase in libido. I'm constantly jer*ing off or f*cking my wife.

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What's the brand of Ashwagandha that you're using? Just curious.
When looking look for the standardized extracts. OP is using KSM-66 so any brand using that should be good to go.

He's using Jarrow which is one of my go to brands as well.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
....Ashwagandha doesn't make me sleepy nor gives me energy like some anecdotal experiences but when I do fall asleep its amazing. You could call this a placebo but its happening consistently night after night....
I feel the same. I did a run of the new PES Erase Pro + which contains KSM-66. I read into it and bought some KSM-66 and have been taking it since my EP+ run ended. I really enjoy the benefits of it. I feel more calm during the day, less stressed and overall more relaxed. There's no "energy" feeling I get from it, nor does it make me drowsy. But I've been sleeping great and waking up refreshed, even on 5-6 hours of sleep. Its great! And for the price, I'd be foolish to not keep it in my arsenal

AKM007

Awards
I feel the same. I did a run of the new PES Erase Pro + which contains KSM-66. I read into it and bought some KSM-66 and have been taking it since my EP+ run ended. I really enjoy the benefits of it. I feel more calm during the day, less stressed and overall more relaxed. There's no "energy" feeling I get from it, nor does it make me drowsy. But I've been sleeping great and waking up refreshed, even on 5-6 hours of sleep. Its great! And for the price, I'd be foolish to not keep it in my arsenal
Very smart decision by PES to include it in their new Erase. I have always ignored all the sleeping aid posts considering that I didn't have an issue but never realized that sleeping and sleeping well was two different things....It's funny how we know we should give importance to sleep and rest but let little things like this slip under the radar....Consider me a believer now anyways