Laxogenin

Qonix

Qonix

Awards
  • Established
Curious about this stuff.. I was running epi+xgels at just 200kcal over maintainance with good results (+3lbs with just a little of fat gained).

As I want to raise my kcal intake was thinking that this would be the best moment for laxogenin but I have a few questions:
1) is there any brand which is actually better? (Quality wise, quantity/price...)
2) is there any difference between caps and body cream?
3) will I need any pct? I remind when I was using osta rx a couple of years ago and after that it has shut me down a bit.
4) would it work better if I raise my fat intake (I usually have 30% of my kcal)

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
There are a lot better options.
From what I've been told the only real benefit from pro longed use is better joints but if that's an issue just buy some fish oil.
Have you looked into mk 677?

Qonix

Qonix

Awards
  • Established
There are a lot better options.
From what I've been told the only real benefit from pro longed use is better joints but if that's an issue just buy some fish oil.
Have you looked into mk 677?
Just did a quick research and seems a pretty strong thing to stimulate gh.. Anybody has opinion on this? Pct?

Alex281

Alex281

Awards
  • Established
Just did a quick research and seems a pretty strong thing to stimulate gh.. Anybody has opinion on this? Pct?
no pct is required with mk-677,your best choice would be Ghar1ne (just Mk-677) or Mass Gh(Mk-677 + LGD)

Olympus Labs

Olympus Labs

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
STR3NGTH Unleashed is being sold at an insider price right now. It includes our phytoFUSE delivery system.

dave39

dave39

Awards
  • Established
Curious about this stuff.. I was running epi+xgels at just 200kcal over maintainance with good results (+3lbs with just a little of fat gained).

As I want to raise my kcal intake was thinking that this would be the best moment for laxogenin but I have a few questions:
1) is there any brand which is actually better? (Quality wise, quantity/price...)
3) will I need any pct? I remind when I was using osta rx a couple of years ago and after that it has shut me down a bit.
4) would it work better if I raise my fat intake (I usually have 30% of my kcal)
I would not waste my time with laxogenin (my opinion).
You might see some benefits with your joints, thas bout it

A

AndrewMcD

Awards
  • Established
DermaStrength by OL is top 3 Supplements I've ever used. Strength and recovery benefits are amazing. No other supp has come close for me. OL just released Strength Unleashed, which is a new and improved version. Can't even imagine how incredible its going to be! Highly recommend.

Demination

Demination

Awards
Olympus Labs Str3ngth Unleashed utilizes the phytoFuse delivery system which increases absorption and distribution of Laxogenin throughout the body up to 600%!!! No other company does it, so would def look into it

R

raekwonse

Awards
Olympus Labs Str3ngth Unleashed utilizes the phytoFuse delivery system which increases absorption and distribution of Laxogenin throughout the body up to 600%!!! No other company does it, so would def look into it
Brand new account, quite fishy.

Demination

Demination

Awards
Just joined bud, I'm assuming new members join daily ! I looked into it myself, I reached out to them to get more information about their new form of Str3ngth. Wanted to see what made it different for which I'm a fan of Laxogenin!

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
Brand new account, quite fishy.
Why would you call him fishy? Is it because he reminds you of the delicious fish fillet sandwich at your local long john silvers location? Caught fresh daily and processed on site for extra goodness? Healthy and a low price, only at long john silvers.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Why would you call him fishy? Is it because he reminds you of the delicious fish fillet sandwich at your local long john silvers location? Caught fresh daily and processed on site for extra goodness? Healthy and a low price, only at long john silvers.
Idk about your local Lohn John Silvers but I can smell the grease a mile away. That chicken though....

Qonix

Qonix

Awards
  • Established
Am I losing something or laxogenin should help with strength and muscle gain?
Everyone now is saying it just helps with joint health

JPSwole

JPSwole

Awards
Lol and i just bought some Anafuse (laxogenin+epi) for addition to my pct. All the reviews were good.

Qonix

Qonix

Awards
  • Established
So.. For my goal which is helping to increase lean muscle mass, which is my best bet?
Ghar1ne, str3ngth, something else?

Qonix

Qonix

Awards
  • Established
So.. For my goal which is helping to increase lean muscle mass, which is my best bet?
Ghar1ne, str3ngth, something else?

Irons_Mule

Irons_Mule

Awards
I see what you did there.

Irons_Mule

Irons_Mule

Awards

Seems like some are more responsive to Laxo than others.
I've gotten good results from Blackstone Labs Anogenin, but just ordered OL Str3ngth in the caps and transdermal (TD) versions to check it out. Sounds promising.
Typically TD has better absorption into the system so you would see more results going that route since not as much gets broken down via the typical GI route of absorption. OL claims their new delivery system (PhytoFUSE) levels that playing field between caps and TD...but I can't tell you any results first hand...yet.
No, you will not need a PCT. even if you're sensitive to shut down, it's not a SARM like Osta and it's not androgenic no shut down and no need to cycle.
As for the fat intake, I'm sure there are more bio-chem oriented individuals around here that can speak to whether or not the additional lipid profile would aid in absorption or not, but from my research / experience it doesn't seem necessary.
As for the results I've noticed:
I just finished 8 weeks with Anogenin, didn't notice any better joint health, but they weren't any worse either. I DID notice a slight increase in strength, recovery, and muscle fullness, plus decent pumps in the gym. Are there stronger supps out there? Yep. But, if you're going the natty route and your system is sensitive...or you just don't want anything too drastic, Laxo gave me a nice edge.

Just my experience / opinion. ;)
Good luck!

dave39

dave39

Awards
  • Established
I would love to see a clinical study or anything (other than a bodybuilding forum or supplement company review) to prove the claimed laxogenin benefits.
It's been around for long enough that if it was anything worth using people would be using it and we would be seeing a lot more information on it than we are.

Demination

Demination

Awards
I agree with you 100%.. This is straight from their site with citations to verify its authenticity...Check it out

""5a-Hydroxy Laxogenin

5a-Hydroxy Laxogenin is a steroidal sapogenin isolated from Smilax sieboldi, a spirostanic analogue of the brassinosteroid. Brassinosteroids are plant-derived polyhydroxylated derivatives of 5a-cholestane, structurally similar to cholesterol-derived animal steroid hormones and insect ecdysteroids. They are found in small quantities in plants and foods such as pollen, seeds, and leaves. They are similar to animal steroids but function very differently at the cellular level. Plant brassinosteroids signal through a cell surface receptor kinase-mediated signal transduction pathway while animal steroid hormones act through the nuclear receptor family of transcription factors.

Brassinosteroids have a wide array of physiological and pharmacological effects in animals and insects including modulation of protein synthesis and carbohydrate metabolism. Research in animals suggest that brassinosteroids can stimulate protein synthesis and inhibit protein degradation in part by inducing Akt phosphorylation. Akt is a serine/threonine kinase that signals downstream of growth factor receptors and phosphoinositide-3 kinase PI3K. Akt stimulates glucose uptake, glycogen synthesis, and protein synthesis via Akt/mTOR and Akt/GSK-3β signaling networks and inhibits apoptosis and protein degradation in skeletal muscle by inactivating FoxO transcription factors leading to increased lean mass. In addition, unlike mammalian steroids, brassinosteroids are not hampered by androgenic side effects.

An animal study was conducted to assess the efficacy of the brassinosteroid, 28-Homobrassinolide (HB) on L6 rat skeletal muscle cells (EC50 4 μM). Oral administration of HB (20 or 60 mg/kg/d for 24 d) to healthy rats fed normal diet (protein content 23.9%) increased food intake, body weight gain, lean body mass, and gastrocnemius muscle mass as compared with vehicle-treated controls. The effect of HB administration increased slightly in animals fed a high-protein diet (protein content 39.4%). Both oral (up to 60 mg/kg) and subcutaneous (up to 4 mg/kg) administration of HB showed low androgenic activity and no direct binding to the androgen receptor in vitro. HB treatment was also associated with improved physical fitness of untrained healthy rats, as evident from a 6.7% increase in lower extremity strength, measured by grip test. In the gastrocnemius muscle of castrated animals, HB treatment significantly increased the number of type IIa and IIb fibers and the cross-sectional area of type I and type IIa fibers.

These findings suggest that oral application of HB triggers selective anabolic response with minimal or no androgenic side-effects and begin to elucidate the putative cellular targets for plant brassinosteroids in mammals. Furthermore, they indicate HB dose and time dependently stimulated protein synthesis and inhibited protein degradation in L6 rat skeletal muscle cells (EC50 4 μM), in part by inducing Akt phosphorylation (Fig.1 and Fig. 2)

Unfortunately there is a lack of research and clinical trials on 5a-Hydroxy Laxogenin itself which is why several companies make product claims for Laxogenin based on its steroidal pharmaceutical anabolic counterpart. Although Olympus Labs never made products claims for our Laxogenin products, STR3NGTH and DERMASTR3NGTH based on this other pharmaceutical anabolic data, we did have high hopes based on the data cited above. Since 5a-Hydroxy Laxogenin has been available for a sufficient time period we were able to validate its efficacy as a bodybuilding supplement. Through anecdotal feedback we learned that actual results from STR3NGTH were similar to EP1C, where some users experienced modest strength increases while others experienced little to no results. Fortunately, the transdermal version, DERMASTR3NGTH yielded much better results but still did not coincide with the potential benefits based on the research on Brassinosteroids. We will seek to remedy that as we did with (-)-epicatechin by pairing Laxogenin with the proven PhytoFUSETM technology.

PhytoFUSETM – Enhanced Delivery System

STR3NGTH UNLEASHED and DERMASTR3NGTH UNLEASHED utilize a unique delivery technology, PhytoFUSETM, to enhance the bioavailability and absorption of 5a-Hydroxy Laxogenin. On top of this they help with distribution of the phytoFUSED ingredient in the body! Olympus Labs does not spend copious amounts of money on marketing campaigns, instead we spend available funds on research like the substantial investment in the PhytoFUSETM delivery system.

Research has shown that this method of delivery can enhance potency anywhere from 2x-6x! That means that STR3NGTH UNLEASHED and DERMASTR3NGTH UNLEASHED will be 200 – 600% more potent than any other Laxogenin product on the market! This enhanced delivery system, unique to Olympus Labs, utilizes specific lipids to complex with Laxogenin on a molecular level, allowing for greater solubility and enhanced bioavailability/absorption, helping to effectively shuttle the active ingredient to the intestines where it can be taken up while preventing degradation throughout the process. This means that more ingredient is delivered to the site where it can be utilized effectively, ready to be delivered to the bloodstream and flood your muscles with potent myogenic factors needed to transcend into becoming a demigod!

References:

Iglesias-Arteaga M et al. J. Braz. Chem. Soc. vol.16 no.3a São Paulo May/June 2005. A convenient procedure for the synthesis of 3b-hydroxy-6-oxo-5a-steroids. Application to the synthesis of laxogenin.
Kubo S e al. Phytochemistry. 1992 Jul;31(7):2445-50. Steroidal saponins from the rhizomes of Smilax sieboldii.
Debora E et al. FASEB J. 2011 Oct; 25(10): 3708–3719. doi: 10.1096/fj.11-181271. Anabolic effect of plant brassinosteroid
Kidd P et al. Altern Med Rev. 2005 Sep;10(3):193-203. A review of the bioavailability and clinical efficacy of milk thistle phytosome: a silybin-phosphatidylcholine complex (Siliphos).
Kidd P. Altern Med Rev. 2009 Sep;14(3):226-46. Bioavailability and activity of phytosome complexes from botanical polyphenols: the silymarin, curcumin, green tea, and grape seed extracts. ""

Olympus Labs

Olympus Labs

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would love to see a clinical study or anything (other than a bodybuilding forum or supplement company review) to prove the claimed laxogenin benefits.
It's been around for long enough that if it was anything worth using people would be using it and we would be seeing a lot more information on it than we are.
There is anecdotal feedback showing favorable results in this ingredient, sure it was hit or miss, but we strove to change that with our new versions, just like we did with EP1C Unleashed. FWIW, you're only going to get anecdotal feedback to go off with such ingredients, clinical studies are usually used and funded by parties who plan to use those studies for patented uses, meaning to license that ingredient to third parties.

Qonix

Qonix

Awards
  • Established
In the end, would laxogenin be my best bet to gain lean muscles or is there something better that doesn't require any pct?

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I've only had Long John Silvers once when I was a child. Around 30 years ago now. Didn't know they still existed. I'll have to look them up.

A

AndrewMcD

Awards
  • Established
X-Gels would be better. Really anything else though.
For me Laxo was a lot more effective for lean muscle growth than X-Gels for what its worth. Not saying it is for everyone. But it's worth your time to test each out and see which is better for you.

C

Cjg

Awards
  • Established
How much laxo were u taking a day to see results?

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
For me Laxo was a lot more effective for lean muscle growth than X-Gels for what its worth. Not saying it is for everyone. But it's worth your time to test each out and see which is better for you.
How long have you been using supplements?. Was you diet and training the same when using X-Gels as when using the insect steroid?. Did you read the ArA help guide on here?.

A

AndrewMcD

Awards
  • Established
How long have you been using supplements?. Was you diet and training the same when using X-Gels as when using the insect steroid?. Did you read the ArA help guide on here?.
Have been using supplements for probably 6 years. I was actually in even more of a surplus while using X-Gels, but diet and training were for the most part the same. Followed the ArA help guide on here to a T.

A

AndrewMcD

Awards
  • Established
What u notice while taking?
Saw impressive strength and lean mass gains over a 12 week period that i hadn't experienced aside from DermaStrength. Recovery was unparalleled from any other supplement i've taken. Muscles felt hard and pumped all day everyday, especially taking 100mg pre workout the pump was INSANE. I just started strength unleashed 3 days ago and I can already feel the difference in muscle fullnesses its amazing.

Irons_Mule

Irons_Mule

Awards
Saw impressive strength and lean mass gains over a 12 week period that i hadn't experienced with DermaStrength. Recovery was unparalleled by any other supplement i've taken. Muscle felt hard and pumped all day everyday, especially taking 100mg pre workout the pump was INSANE. I just started strength unleashed 3 days ago and I can already feel the difference in muscle fullnesses its amazing.
I'm confused by your post...good info, but I can't tell what product you're talking about.
Thnx!

Chefdeez

Chefdeez

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Stuff has been around for ages, ppl stopped using it because most people got nothing from it. Now companies are hoping people forgot about all that and are making the same claims. I'd try something else.

A

AndrewMcD

Awards
  • Established
Stuff has been around for ages, ppl stopped using it because most people got nothing from it. Now companies are hoping people forgot about all that and are making the same claims. I'd try something else.
I never tried the original Strength but DermaStrength was the first of it's kinda and now with improved absorption via phytophuse technology I expect itto be even better. I can 100% attest to the effectiveness of laxo. Highly recommend.

dave39

dave39

Awards
  • Established
^This

I've said it before and I'll say it again: the supplement industry is just like the golf club industry. They run out of ideas and are forced to recycle old ideas and just add a new "spin" to get people interested again.

L

latinorebel

Awards
^This

I've said it before and I'll say it again: the supplement industry is just like the golf club industry. They run out of ideas and are forced to recycle old ideas and just add a new "spin" to get people interested again.
I'm curious, what do you look like and what supplements DO you use and find effective?

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm curious, what do you look like and what supplements DO you use and find effective?
Why do you care what he looks like?. What does that have to do with anything?. Laxogenin doesn't do anything or have any benefits- straight from mr.cooper69 and also Patrick Arnold. Placebo effect works well though. Again, I really love two of the companies that make laxogenin products but I just don't like this ingredient in particular. So don't confuse my dis-like of certain products to mean I don't like these companies. OL is one of the best supplement companies there is. Awesome prices and you get more for your money. This is coming from a guy that reps for a different company so I think that says a lot. I purchase OL products and will continue to do so, just not laxogenin.

Reactions: LLN
L

latinorebel

Awards
Why do you care what he looks like?. What does that have to do with anything?. Laxogenin doesn't do anything or have any benefits- straight from mr.cooper69 and also Patrick Arnold. Placebo effect works well though. Again, I really love two of the companies that make laxogenin products but I just don't like this ingredient in particular. So don't confuse my dis-like of certain products to mean I don't like these companies. OL is one of the best supplement companies there is. Awesome prices and you get more for your money. This is coming from a guy that reps for a different company so I think that says a lot. I purchase OL products and will continue to do so, just not laxogenin.
Well, your response is more thought out than anything this other guy says.

I just don't understand the blanket condemnation of entire industry.

I get it. Many of these supplement companies suck.

But still, I think there are some interesting supplements out there worth trying out.

And again, don't understand completely condemning an entire industry.

dave39

dave39

Awards
  • Established
Tall, dark, handsome. I enjoy walks in the park and watching the sun set.
I continue to try a variety of supplements but the only things proven to work for me have been creatine, stims, protein powder (to help hit protein goals), and real food. It's always "fun to try" things but most of the time they are simply a waste of money.
Most people buy into the hype and ride the placebo gain train but they usually fail to realize that the only time they actually follow a diet, train hard, and be consistent is when they are taking a new magic pill. All of a sudden they see improvement in their body composition and strength and think it must be the pill.

L

latinorebel

Awards
I continue to try a variety of supplements but the only things proven to work for me have been creatine, stims, protein powder (to help hit protein goals), and real food. It's always "fun to try" things but most of the time they are simply a waste of money.
Most people buy into the hype and ride the placebo gain train but they usually fail to realize that the only time they actually follow a diet, train hard, and be consistent is when they are taking a new magic pill. All of a sudden they see improvement in their body composition and strength and think it must be the pill.
Good response.

Are you single? Lol.

Chefdeez

Chefdeez

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm so sick of "our product works because it has this special delivery system!" Unless it's a bioavailability issue this won't help at all.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm so sick of "our product works because it has this special delivery system!" Unless it's a bioavailability issue this won't help at all.
This is why I chose OL trest & DermaTrest over a certain other companies product that seemed to pop up out of nowhere. I was actually interested for a minute or two. Then I thought about it, realized how dumb it was to even consider this other company and went and purchased some from OL @ Nutriverse.

Olympus Labs

Olympus Labs

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion so I respect yours, but there is no reason to flame others for having favorable results with a supplement, which you have been continuously doing. As you said "work for me", if it works for him, or anyone else let them be.

Olympus Labs

Olympus Labs

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You just answered your own question. B/A and Absorption are two common issues.

dave39

dave39

Awards
  • Established
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion so I respect yours, but there is no reason to flame others for having favorable results with a supplement, which you have been continuously doing. As you said "work for me", if it works for him, or anyone else let them be.
I'm not flaming anyone, merely giving my opinion. If someone has good results while using a supplement than that's wonderful. However, the good results usually occur from additional personal efforts- and not the supplement, in my experience (and just about everyone else who I know).