Shakeology..?

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
Have you guys heard about Shakeology? My wife got recommended it but after a quick look on their web site I'm not sure it's as good as a friends say, it only looks like a pyramid game to me...

What you guys think?

money0351

money0351

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I think it's the best!!! And I'll tell you what If you join my team you can get it at my price!!! All you need to do is recruit 5 people and you get a cut of their sales too. So help me help you help them

Otheridstaken

Otheridstaken

Awards
Big scam. I tried a couple samples. CRAZY price for what you get. So many better options out there.

Gains2NV

Awards
Just another company telling people to swap a shake for food. Lose a few pound quick stall have nothing to adjust cause your starving so you say screw it and eat again. Just another fad that will come and go. Woman like it cause they like the drink idea instead of eating clean

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Overpriced meal replacements. Underdosed blends. I would not reccomend at all.

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What everyone else said. Pyramid scheme scam designed to trick people out of their money for crappy products.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
I drink mine while wearing a 'Waist Trainer' made by 'Shredz' and whitening my teeth.

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I've seen a few coworkers with shakeology stuff. However, they don't look like the working out type

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Pyramid Scheme... but I work with a girl who makes 60K + a year selling this stuff.. Her customer base is FREAKIN HUGGGEEEEEEE.

She is an Elite though in the business.. she goes to the live training's with shaun T and all..

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
Isn't it all saw dust and stool softeners?!?!?! That's how they lose all that damn weight

DON'T forget its all soy based products as well.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Why anyone would spend $100+ on 2# of protein powder is beyond me.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Why anyone would spend $100+ on 2# of protein powder is beyond me.
Agree it's a scam! $10 per pound of whey protein isolate is more realistic.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Have friends that are "coaches". They have even tried to reel me in...it is a scam. Feeds into women's desire for easy fast "results." Most of those women have been inactive and many are overweight. They start doing bodyweight exercises at home, eat healthier, and bam - the so called miracle shake did it all.

What is your wife looking for? I'd be happy make some recommendations.

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
I still get emails from time to time from a 5 time diamond coach or whatever that is from the original p90x wave. I ask for some samples at least once a year for fun and every time it's the same response. "Im not going to send samples unless your going to buy a case. Buy a case today and I'll throw some in for you." Yea son, that's not how this works lol

ManimalPatB

ManimalPatB

Awards
What everyone else said. Pyramid scheme scam designed to trick people out of their money for crappy products.
But But But Bernie Madoff made a TON of money in a Pyramid scheme...why can't I?!?!

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
Have friends that are "coaches". They have even tried to reel me in...it is a scam. Feeds into women's desire for easy fast "results." Most of those women have been inactive and many are overweight. They start doing bodyweight exercises at home, eat healthier, and bam - the so called miracle shake did it all.

She knows better, she was on some site for pregnant women and they where recommending it there, I told her to get of that site, lol.

I got PES Select and Whey from Myprotein, that should be clean enough for a shake once in awhile while pregnant right?

p5sky

p5sky

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

Yeah, you go to trainings to become Beach body "coaches", you are trained in sales techniques not in health and fitness.

You are also trained to post all of your meals on FB, like I care what you eat!

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
She knows better, she was on some site for pregnant women and they where recommending it there, I told her to get of that site, lol.

I got PES Select and Whey from Myprotein, that should be clean enough for a shake once in awhile while pregnant right?
Ah ok good! Lol
Yes those will be just fine for an occasional protein boost!

Epolis13

Epolis13

Awards

These will be fine. If you have any questions about her nutrition, though, it would be preferable to consult her OB.

Shakeology is a scam. It's a pretty poor protein powder.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
These will be fine. If you have any questions about her nutrition, though, it would be preferable to consult her OB.

Shakeology is a scam. It's a pretty poor protein powder.
Agreed.. I would highly suggest her consulting her OB.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My old coworker did it so he could lose weight for his gastric bypass and continued afterwards as well. It was what he "ate" all day long. He and I weigh the same now (so weird cuz he was 350 lbs) but I'm a lot more muscular than he is.