LJ100 aka Long Jack..... How Legit is it?

symbianblack

Awards
Been thinking about getting it but want to hear/read real world non company bias on it. So I came here....

Volvo140G

Volvo140G

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
fantastic plant! well loved and for good reason.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Olympus Labs is awesome for this!

Alex281

Alex281

Awards
  • Established
After 2 weeks on this,I felt like a third leg has grown..

TeamTGB

TeamTGB

Awards
kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
Our LJ100 has two sets of independent "non-sponsored" bloodwork panels on the board.

Both showed marked increases in Test. Not to mention the increased sense of well being (likely in part due to cortisol reduction).

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Been thinking about getting it but want to hear/read real world non company bias on it. So I came here....
Tomorrow, I will make a thread about TA (LJ100).
It will contain info about doses, when to take it +++++ .

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
Viron or LJ100, they are pretty much the same right?

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
Viron or LJ100, they are pretty much the same right?
Viron does not use the patented extract of Long Jack (i.e. LJ100). Viron also contains boron.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Our LJ100 has two sets of independent "non-sponsored" bloodwork panels on the board.

Both showed marked increases in Test. Not to mention the increased sense of well being (likely in part due to cortisol reduction).
Damn.. blood work confirmation is good news!!

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
What's the difference and which is better?
LJ100 is a patented extract from HP Ingredients, that companies license (Like OL). There are a bunch of other extracts too. It depends on what you think/believe is the best. IIRC LJ100 doesn't have a very high Eurycomanone content, but does have high contents of other compounds. So you need to decide what you want the most of.

Segansational

Segansational

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
LJ100 is a patented extract from HP Ingredients, that companies license (Like OL). There are a bunch of other extracts too. It depends on what you think/believe is the best. IIRC LJ100 doesn't have a very high Eurycomanone content, but does have high contents of other compounds. So you need to decide what you want the most of.
LJ100/Physta is the only form of tongkat Ali studied in clinical trials showing benefit. So while there may be some question still as to which components are most important, the 20+ studies are all using the patented extract.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Took this stuff years ago. It worked well, but also seemed to make me jittery/nervous. Looked on TGB but it doesn't show how much per cap. I remember taking 1 gram pre....

totalpackage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
OL Lj100 is great. Are you just going to use it solo for a little extra libido boost or combine it with something else?

http://www.strongsupplementshop.com/lj100-by-olympus-labs
I'll probably run it solo for the first 4 weeks then maybe throw something else into the mix but a it all depends
on how I'm feeling on it, but right know I'm just sitting back and seeing who's got the BEST deal on it and so
far the best was the Black Friday deal that Olympus had that I found out about too late but I'm sure they'll be
another one sometime. I'm in no rush I have a closet full of other products that I need to make a dent into.

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Took this stuff years ago. It worked well, but also seemed to make me jittery/nervous. Looked on TGB but it doesn't show how much per cap. I remember taking 1 gram pre....
That is an interesting side effect bro

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
LJ100/Physta is the only form of tongkat Ali studied in clinical trials showing benefit. So while there may be some question still as to which components are most important, the 20+ studies are all using the patented extract.
TAF-273 (High Eurycomanone content) also has studies. Not saying that they are better or more numerous than the LJ100 ones, but they are there for Anti-Cancer and Aromatase Inhibition (in Rats). I personally would mix the two, the stuff isn't that expensive. Get the best deal on LJ from OL, then grab a bag of 2% Eurycomanone from Powder City - Win/Win.

hsk

Awards
  • Established
TAF-273 (High Eurycomanone content) also has studies. Not saying that they are better or more numerous than the LJ100 ones, but they are there for Anti-Cancer and Aromatase Inhibition (in Rats). I personally would mix the two, the stuff isn't that expensive. Get the best deal on LJ from OL, then grab a bag of 2% Eurycomanone from Powder City - Win/Win.
If using the Powder City 2% Eurycomanone version solo, what be would a good average to max daily dosage?

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
If using the Powder City 2% Eurycomanone version solo, what be would a good average to max daily dosage?
I'd as Danes - I'm not really a big proponent of most of this stuff, so I don't devote a lot of time to it. I'd look at any toxicity studies and the LD50 for it, and work upward from label recco's if you want to experiment.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'd as Danes - I'm not really a big proponent of most of this stuff, so I don't devote a lot of time to it. I'd look at any toxicity studies and the LD50 for it, and work upward from label recco's if you want to experiment.
I would take recommend dose and increase by 100mg each week.(powder city TA)

hsk

Awards
  • Established
If trying to go by Eurycomanone content then 125mg of powder city TA yields 5mg of Eurycomanone. Does anyone have any link to studies or info regarding what is a good daily dosage range for Eurycomanone?

For example, World ABS(aka TongkatAliFitness) says their 200:1 extract has 2.6% Eurycomanone content and their daily dosage 3 x 400mg daily. This would come out to 31.2mg or Eurycomanne daily (1200mg x 2.6% = 31.2mg). So to get roughly 30mg of Eurycomanone daily from the Powder City TA, I'd need to dose 1500mg daily (1500mg x 2% = 30mg).

Has anyone tried this or would this dosage be overkill?

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
I took 600mg x 3 of Tonvera TA 1:200 - so that's 1800mg. Danes says the EC content of Tonvera is from 1.6%-2.2%, so I wouldn't see why you would have a problem with 1500mg of PC TA.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I took 600mg x 3 of Tonvera TA 1:200 - so that's 1800mg. Danes says the EC content of Tonvera is from 1.6%-2.2%, so I wouldn't see why you would have a problem with 1500mg of PC TA.
It shouldnt be any problem actually :)

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If trying to go by Eurycomanone content then 125mg of powder city TA yields 5mg of Eurycomanone. Does anyone have any link to studies or info regarding what is a good daily dosage range for Eurycomanone?

For example, World ABS(aka TongkatAliFitness) says their 200:1 extract has 2.6% Eurycomanone content and their daily dosage 3 x 400mg daily. This would come out to 31.2mg or Eurycomanne daily (1200mg x 2.6% = 31.2mg). So to get roughly 30mg of Eurycomanone daily from the Powder City TA, I'd need to dose 1500mg daily (1500mg x 2% = 30mg).

Has anyone tried this or would this dosage be overkill?
I dont trust TongkataliFitness and not to mention http://tongkatali.org/, http://www.premium-tongkat-cheap.com/ and many other sites where Serge Kreutz is involved. Serge Kreutz is a self-claimed journalist and a huge TA scammer. He is the one who made up a lot of false claims about TA just to promote own TA sale. (Which color TA powder should be +++. False information)
I asked Dr.Tambi if he has heard of Serge Kreutz and the answer I got was :
"He got some info about TA from me some time ago.He is not a person of good character.A leecher. "

A quick search show serge kreutz recommend sumatra pasak Bumi (claimed to be best 1:200 TA )and the funny thing is. I found this on one og his sites (which is selling sumatra pasak bumi TA).
The British Journal of Sports Medicine recently endorsed Tongkat Ali, in a study that was performed using Sumatra Pasak Bumi product."

WRONG! In that study, they used water soluble Tongkat ali extract (LJ100) and not Sumatra Pasak Bumi!

Here is good info about color of TA which I got from a good scientist:

There is a popular misconception that Tongkat Ali (TA) extract should be dark brown. This is not true and is normally propagated by sellers of dark brown TA. In fact, the purest form of Tongkat Ali extract is white! The main active ingredient of TA, and the one that is responsible for enhancing testosterone production and improving sperm health, and also for reducing the conversion of testosterone to oestrogen (responsible for the formation of "man boobs") is a compound called Eurycomanone. Eurycomanone is snow white in its purest form. The colour of the spray dried Tongkat Ali powder after extraction varies according to many of the parameters of the extraction process, such as the amount of time that the roots have been dried, and how finely they are chipped, the extraction method itself – whether the chipped root is soaked in cold water, soaked in hot water, boiled, or repeatedly boiled. Other factors that affect the final product are: is it filtered or centrifuged, is it concentrated before drying by repeated boiling.

There are many scientific papers I have found describing the extraction process, and the resulting powder is variously described as creamy white, off white, green/yellow, tan and brown. In fact, the further from white the appearance is, the more impurities there are

hsk

Awards
  • Established
Thank you Danes. Currently using OL LJ100 but I will be giving the Powder City TA a go when I'm done, or possibly combining the 2 as The_Old_Guy suggested.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thank you Danes. Currently using OL LJ100 but I will be giving the Powder City TA a go when I'm done, or possibly combining the 2 as The_Old_Guy suggested.
What dose of LJ100?

hsk

Awards
  • Established
What dose of LJ100?
2 caps for the first 2 days then upped it to 3 per day. Spread everything out evenly. Will probably go up to 4 max. I still have 5 bottles left from an order I picked up a while back when there was a huge sale at nutriverse. Too good of a deal to pass up at the time.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
2 caps for the first 2 days then upped it to 3 per day. Spread everything out evenly. Will probably go up to 4 max. I still have 5 bottles left from an order I picked up a while back when there was a huge sale at nutriverse. Too good of a deal to pass up at the time.
Let me know how you like 4 caps daily

totalpackage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
You started with 2 caps for the first 2 days then you bumped to 3 may I ask why not stay on 2 for at least week to see how
2 caps effected you.? Just curious cause I also snatched up a bunch of jars a couple off weeks ago but I'm not
running it yet but when I do I was gonna go with 2 caps Mon- Fri weekends off and I am planning to stay at 2 caps
for at least 2 weeks and see how that goes before bumping to 3 again just trying see what dosage people are starting
to see effects on this extract.

hsk

Awards
  • Established
You started with 2 caps for the first 2 days then you bumped to 3 may I ask why not stay on 2 for at least week to see how
2 caps effected you.? Just curious cause I also snatched up a bunch of jars a couple off weeks ago but I'm not
running it yet but when I do I was gonna go with 2 caps Mon- Fri weekends off and I am planning to stay at 2 caps
for at least 2 weeks and see how that goes before bumping to 3 again just trying see what dosage people are starting
to see effects on this extract.
This is my second time running OL Lj100. First time I followed the instructions and ran 2 caps daily all the way through and I got good results, but that was before Danes posted the Q&A with Dr.Ismail Tambi. This time around I am experimenting with the dosing protocol mentioned in that Q&A.

totalpackage

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
This is my second time running OL Lj100. First time I followed the instructions and ran 2 caps daily all the way through and I got good results, but that was before Danes posted the Q&A with Dr.Ismail Tambi. This time around I am experimenting with the dosing protocol mentioned in that Q&A.
OK now I understand why your bumping it up but good to hear that the original dosage of 2 a day worked well for you
and looking forward to see how the increased dosage treats you.

liftin_fofive

liftin_fofive

Awards
I've used it for 5 days with one cap in the morning and ive just started a rough pct... Definitely helping with that! Love lj100!

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established
I've used it for 5 days with one cap in the morning and ive just started a rough pct... Definitely helping with that! Love lj100!
Good to hear it's working out for you.

hsk

Awards
  • Established
Since I upped it to 3 caps a few days ago, my face and back have been oily and started breaking out with acne these past 2 days. My face hasn't broken out like this in a while. Today will be first day running 4 caps, so I guess the real fun begins now. I'll probably do 2 in the am pre-workout and the other 2 with dinner.

It has been posted that one of the believed MOA for increasing testosterone levels is the purported ability of eurypeptides in LJ to increase enzyme activity (CYP17) in the testes, resulting in greater conversion rate of pregnenoline substituants into dehyroepiandrosterone and androgens.

If this is the case, is there any benefit to supplementing with additional pregnenolone to provide more raw material for conversion? Especially if one is running a higher dose of LJ100 or other TA extract?

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Since I upped it to 3 caps a few days ago, my face and back have been oily and started breaking out with acne these past 2 days. My face hasn't broken out like this in a while. Today will be first day running 4 caps, so I guess the real fun begins now. I'll probably do 2 in the am pre-workout and the other 2 with dinner.

It has been posted that one of the believed MOA for increasing testosterone levels is the purported ability of eurypeptides in LJ to increase enzyme activity (CYP17) in the testes, resulting in greater conversion rate of pregnenoline substituants into dehyroepiandrosterone and androgens.

If this is the case, is there any benefit to supplementing with additional pregnenolone to provide more raw material for conversion? Especially if one is running a higher dose of LJ100 or other TA extract?
It may but no one is sure.
It is definitely interesting question.
I sent your question to Dr.Tambi

machinehead

machinehead

Awards
  • Established
It probably does make sense for some. You'll see people getting anxiety and short fuse from LJ, a sign of reduced pregnenolone and cortisol.

Most oral pregnenolone does not work, however. I'd suggest using the Nutricology lipid matrix or going the transdermal route.

hsk

Awards
  • Established
It may but no one is sure.
It is definitely interesting question.
I sent your question to Dr.Tambi
Thanks! I look forward to Dr. Tambi's response.

It probably does make sense for some. You'll see people getting anxiety and short fuse from LJ, a sign of reduced pregnenolone and cortisol.

Most oral pregnenolone does not work, however. I'd suggest using the Nutricology lipid matrix or going the transdermal route.
I was thinking low dose oral pregnenolone or possibly transdermal as well. Thanks for suggesting lipid matrix route though.

If I'm not mistaken, bulbine (Prolensis) also has a similar MOA of increased conversion cholesterol>pregnenolone>dhea etc. Back when I first started using bulbine, I also considered back loading with a light dose of pregnenolone to fully take advantage of the increased conversion. Never got around to trying it though. This might be a good experiment to try with both.

yenohregdab

yenohregdab

Awards
Thanks! I look forward to Dr. Tambi's response.

I was thinking low dose oral pregnenolone or possibly transdermal as well. Thanks for suggesting lipid matrix route though.

If I'm not mistaken, bulbine (Prolensis) also has a similar MOA of increased conversion cholesterol>pregnenolone>dhea etc. Back when I first started using bulbine, I also considered back loading with a light dose of pregnenolone to fully take advantage of the increased conversion. Never got around to trying it though. This might be a good experiment to try with both.
From what I've read go the Sub or TD route regarding pregnenolone.

yenohregdab

yenohregdab

Awards
Guys anyone know of a good company that make TD pregnenolone solo (not Dermacrine) Cheers.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

I promissed you to ask Dr.Tambi your question and here is the answer I got about supplementig with pregnenolone to provide more raw material for conversion:

"You can do that.Pregnenolone also calm the nerves and improve hair volume."

I found pregnenolone with Micosolle TM (Micronized Lipid Matrix).
It is a huge price-difference from plain pregnenolone (down to 4$ 60 caps 50mg each) and pregnenolone containing Micosolle TM (33$ 60 caps 5mg each).

This sounds interesting. I am thinking of picking up some bottles and run with LJ100

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I promissed you to ask Dr.Tambi your question and here is the answer I got about supplementig with pregnenolone to provide more raw material for conversion:

It is a huge price-difference from plain pregnenolone (down to 4$ 60 caps 50mg each) and pregnenolone containing Micosolle TM (33$ 60 caps 5mg each).

This sounds interesting. I am thinking of picking up some bottles and run with LJ100
I use 50mg preg and dhea everyday...maybe next time I run long jack I will up the dose?

hsk

Awards
  • Established

I still have a left over bottle of low dose pregnenolone caps. I might throw in a cap every 2-3 days just for the sake of science.

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I still have a left over bottle of low dose pregnenolone caps. I might throw in a cap every 2-3 days just for the sake of science.
I am not sure which dose of Pregnenolone to use.there are 100mg caps with Micronized Lipid Matrix .