(-)-Epicatechin's anti-proliferative effects in AML

Jackedjack

Jackedjack

Awards
So I've Been in the hospital for the past three months and the cancer has spread to my bone marrow. Sparing you all the details, my doctor came in and recommend I take Epicatechin and vitamin C with etoposide as it has been proven to help with etoposides antileukaemic activity. Just thought I would share this info as I thought I was interesting and in case anybody on AM ever gets AML

Here's a study in case anybody wants to read
(-)-Epicatechin enhances etoposide-induced antileukaemic effect in rats with acute myeloid leukaemia. - PubMed - NCBI

Misfit28

Misfit28

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for this info. Best wishes to you on a speedy recovery.

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
So I've Been in the hospital for the past three months and the cancer has spread to my bone marrow. Sparing you all the details, my doctor came in and recommend I take Epicatechin and vitamin C with etoposide as it has been proven to help with etoposides antileukaemic activity. Just thought I would share this info as I thought I was interesting and in case anybody on AM ever gets AML

(-)-Epicatechin enhances etoposide-induced antileukaemic effect in rats with acute myeloid leukaemia. - PubMed - NCBI
Did he get any more specific, like dosage, type/brand, timing, etc?

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Sweet info about epicatechin! But dang sucks about the cancer!!!

halljo

halljo

Awards
All my best wishes and thoughts heading your way, hoping for your speedy recovery.

NewAgeMayan

Awards
How much vit c?

I recall Linus Pauling being a big proponent of megadosing it wrt cancer and arterial plaque.

kboxer7

kboxer7

Awards
  • Established

Wishing you the best man! Keep on fighting the good fight!

And thank you for the link.

As an aside, I thought (-)epi was NOT recommended for anyone with cancer due to its ability to promote angiogenesis (which can lead to increased blood supply to tumors etc).

Volvo140G

Volvo140G

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Doc's gonna come back all "just wait til Brundel drops Folli v2, that's what you'll want!"