New KSM-66 Study

jp_x_type

jp_x_type

Awards
  • Established
been using the swanson brand ksm-66 for over a year. i take it for its adaptogenic benefits, but didnt know it also helps with the things listed in the study. interesting read. thanks for posting.
ksm-66 is part of my arsenal
just got another half a dozen more bottles from swanson yesterday at 25% off
dirt cheap...

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
*Might* help those other things - BIA and CK aren't the best, inter-group differences/statistical significance, "new'ish" trainees, etc... Like I said, read the whole thing. But yeah, I take Ashwa and Rhodiola daily too. It's cheeeeeeep.

M

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ashwagandha adaptogenic benefits alone were good enough for me. This is just icing on the cake, and it's cheap.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
Very interesting study, thanks for posting! Interesting for me too since I've been running the new PES EP+ which has KSM-66 in it. Sounds like a great addition to anyone's stack though

A

alvin1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Best time to dose Ashwaganda?
I like doing 1 AM and 1 PM

You could do both AM or both PM if you wanted.
Ashwagandha Boosts Size & Strength Increases, Augments Fat Loss & Recovery in 8-Week Resistance Training Study - SuppVersity: Nutrition and Exercise Science for Everyone

600mg/Day (300mg x2). Read the whole thing for all the caveats (holy heck Batman, Bio-Electrical Impedance in 2015????!!!).

But at less than $8/Month from Swanson's...
Read this the other day. Quite impressive.

KSM-66 for the win.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Been on the KSM-66 for a month or so now and it blows away any other ashwagandha I have tried. MUCH better mood, way less anxiety, better sleep. Haven't noticed too much in the workout department, but haven't been on a rigorous schedule lately.

U

USPlabsRep

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ultimate T has 675mgs of KSM and direction of use is twice a day.

A

alwaysfirst

Banned
Awards
Anyone know how much is in Ultimate-T?

I'm on my second cycle of UT and like it, gonna do blood test in the next couple of days to see where I'm at.

jp_x_type

jp_x_type

Awards
  • Established
Swanson's ksm-66 ashwagandha product: 5$ for 60 caps of 300 mg each
Usplabs ultimate t: prop blend with probably >200 mg ksm per cap. 43$ per 30 cap bottle

Lynks8

Lynks8

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Swanson's ksm-66 ashwagandha product: 5$ for 60 caps of 300 mg each
Usplabs ultimate t: prop blend with probably >200 mg ksm per cap. 43$ per 30 cap bottle
Swanson is 250mg per cap.
Ultimate-T is obviously not just an Ashwagandha product.
You're speculating on the KSM-66 content. The rep just said it was 675mg. Not like that's gospel, but still...
There are 120 caps in each bottle, not 30.
You can easily get it for way less than $43

:dunno:

Hockeyaus33

Hockeyaus33

Awards
  • Established
Didnt notice anything from swanson ksm-66 at one cap before bed except for horrible nightmares and waking up aggressive. What am I doing wrong?

K

kpeaceoutbye

Awards
  • Established
Swanson's KSM-66 brand is 250mg per caps.

Does that mean I should dose 500mg per day, or 750 to get the best effects??

M

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Swanson's KSM-66 brand is 250mg per caps.

Does that mean I should dose 500mg per day, or 750 to get the best effects??
I dose at 500MG and get the adaptogenic effects. You can always dose the extra to get the amount in the study.

K

kpeaceoutbye

Awards
  • Established
I'm looking for more of the body composition effects... I see it's in PES Erase+ so looking to add it by itself in my upcoming cut.

I guess I'll do 750 per day.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I'm looking for more of the body composition effects... I see it's in PES Erase+ so looking to add it by itself in my upcoming cut.

I guess I'll do 750 per day.
For the price, it couldn't hurt to dose 750mg per day. I'm interested in it for the same reasons, and I'm beginning to notice improvements in body composition since starting EP+ two weeks ago.

I picked up some KSM-66 to use solo after my EP+ run, couldn't say no at to the great prices out there

M

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I mean there are studies that dose up to 1000mg KSM-66, so I don't think you have to worry about dosing being too high.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Didnt notice anything from swanson ksm-66 at one cap before bed except for horrible nightmares and waking up aggressive. What am I doing wrong?
Try waking up on the other side of the bed ?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Swanson is 250mg per cap.
Ultimate-T is obviously not just an Ashwagandha product.
You're speculating on the KSM-66 content. The rep just said it was 675mg. Not like that's gospel, but still...
There are 120 caps in each bottle, not 30.
You can easily get it for way less than $43

:dunno:
Hes more than your average rep ;)

hiimnotcool

hiimnotcool

Awards
  • Established
nice, 2 bottles of KSM-66 and 2 bottles of Fearn SL Granules for $24.76 total from Swanson

Gonna stack that with Alphamax for 8 weeks wooo!!

kbayne

kbayne

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Really shouldn't need to go above 600mg with KSM-66 when looking for it as a solo product. Jarrow is 300mg per cap.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Anyone here cycle Ashwagandha? I took it forever, then just did a 14 day break "because". Needed? Same for Rhodiola?

M

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Anyone here cycle Ashwagandha? I took it forever, then just did a 14 day break "because". Needed? Same for Rhodiola?
After doing a lot of searching around, I just use it via standard supplement protocol (8-12 weeks max). I've seen people using it for years straight (kisaj is one, I believe) and say it's fine, while some say to cycle it due to it's nature of effecting receptors like dopamine/serotonin (or something along those lines, my memory is a bit jumbled).

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
KSM is good stuff :) I posted a link to this text on my article on bb.com!

Danes

Danes

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I love my KSM66 and my GF too.
My GF has ADHD and KSM66 is doing wonders for her. She can focus , concentrate, feel relaxed, got 100× better sleep ++. Ashwagandha + ADHD= amazing

B

bb333

Awards
  • Established
I love my KSM66 and my GF too.
My GF has ADHD and KSM66 is doing wonders for her. She can focus , concentrate, feel relaxed, got 100× better sleep ++. Ashwagandha + ADHD= amazing
Dosage?

hiimnotcool

hiimnotcool

Awards
  • Established
Damn, Swansons is pretty cool. Found some Tongkat Ali 200mg 100:1 capsules for 11 dollars too. Should make a pretty sick stack with KSM-66, PA, and Alphamax.

jp_x_type

jp_x_type

Awards
  • Established
relora is good stuff as well. excellent for leaning out also, if dosed properly. i use 900mg ed, dosed upon waking and before sleeping

J

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
relora is good stuff as well. excellent for leaning out also, if dosed properly. i use 900mg ed, dosed upon waking and before sleeping
I use the same dose per day but take 300 mg with breakfast, lunch and dinner. Keeps me calm and in a good mood all day.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
You ever try just 'Magnolia Extract 95% Honokiol + Magnolol' instead of the Relora? I don't know how much the Philodendron adds, but 50g of Magnolia is about $30.

jp_x_type

jp_x_type

Awards
  • Established
its not the same thing old guy. yes i did try magnolia alone. relora works better. magnolia can be very sedating. relora relaxes without sedating excessily, at least in my case.

i got 6 bottles of 60 caps each of relora for 47$ shipped a couple days ago from puritan's pride, and from swanson i can get now relora 300mg x 120 for 15$ when they run their sales (very frequently). so its not as expensive as it seems

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
its not the same thing old guy. yes i did try magnolia alone. relora works better. magnolia can be very sedating. relora relaxes without sedating excessily, at least in my case.

i got 6 bottles of 60 caps each of relora for 47$ shipped a couple days ago from puritan's pride, and from swanson i can get now relora 300mg x 120 for 15$ when they run their sales (very frequently). so its not as expensive as it seems
Ok, thanks for the info - yeah the Relora isn't bad, price-wise.

GreenMachineX

GreenMachineX

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Are y'all using KSM-66 with food or empty stomach?

M

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I just take 500mg at once as I wake up. Still has good benefits.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I just take 500mg at once as I wake up. Still has good benefits.
This. I take 500-600mg once dialy. If I forget it in the morning, I take it in the afternoon/evening.