Best supps for reducing anxiety/improving mood

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Just been told too many times that I worry too much about stuff and I seem to always be on edge. Looking for something to help me just relax a little throughout the day while still able to get stuff done for class, work, the gym, etc.
I've been looking into SNS Picamilon since it's being discontinued and PEA-500 since SNS is doing their line drive sale at nutriverse right now. Would those be good choices to start off with? Any other/better suggestions?
I don't really want to feel drowsy or doped up, since my day is usually go go go from the time I wake up to the time I go to sleep and I need to remain focused and on my game still.
Thanks!

TheGoodLife35

TheGoodLife35

Awards
I love clonidine for my anxiety and blood pressure, it's the only thing I find that works for me.

Mkgain1

Mkgain1

Awards
I always have people do a combo of GABA and 5-htp, always seems to work like a charm for reducing anxiety, mood elevation, stress, just overall well-being. 750mg GABA and 100mg 5-htp

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
I love clonidine for my anxiety and blood pressure, it's the only thing I find that works for me.
Interesting, I haven't heard of it. My BP is actually pretty good (last measure was 120/66) but always good to have support. Is it just an OTC supp?

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Parad0x

Parad0x

Awards
  • Established
Any specific ones you like to use?
I haven't personally used any nootropics myself, but ephedra definitely raises my mood lol but i wouldn't recomend it for anxiety. Buspar helped me get over most of my panic attacks, but if you get prescribed anything, don't take xanax for anxiety. Tell your doctor to go f*ck himself if he tries to give you xanax. Rebounds are serious if you come off xanax. There are other ways to get around anxiety. Mary jane would be good if you live in a state that allows medical marijuana.

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
I haven't personally used any nootropics myself, but ephedra definitely raises my mood lol but i wouldn't recomend it for anxiety. Buspar helped me get over most of my panic attacks, but if you get prescribed anything, don't take xanax for anxiety. Tell your doctor to go f*ck himself if he tries to give you xanax. Rebounds are serious if you come off xanax. There are other ways to get around anxiety. Mary jane would be good if you live in a state that allows medical marijuana.
I've messed around with Xanax before (not legally) and didn't have any good experiences with it so I'm definitely staying away from it.
In regards to weed, the issue with me is that I have a VERY low tolerance, and nothing can fix it. It also makes me very sleepy and makes my brain very foggy. I've been using it at night to relax me and make it easier to fall asleep but I can't see myself using it during the day to reduce anxiety and still get stuff done like I need to. That's why I'm turning to supplements

Mkgain1

Mkgain1

Awards
I've messed around with Xanax before (not legally) and didn't have any good experiences with it so I'm definitely staying away from it.
In regards to weed, the issue with me is that I have a VERY low tolerance, and nothing can fix it. It also makes me very sleepy and makes my brain very foggy. I've been using it at night to relax me and make it easier to fall asleep but I can't see myself using it during the day to reduce anxiety and still get stuff done like I need to. That's why I'm turning to supplements
Medical has different strains that effect you differently as with different strengths. There's strains of weed you can use that won't give you any type of "high" but will just help treat the disorder. But hey low tolerance just means you have to smoke less which saves money cause this sh!t gets expensive lol

Parad0x

Parad0x

Awards
  • Established
Bro, that just means you tried the wrong strain that you needed lol there's sativa and indica, along with hybrids. Each strain has different effects on the body.

Parad0x

Parad0x

Awards
  • Established
Medical has different strains that effect you differently as with different strengths. There's strains of weed you can use that won't give you any type of "high" but will just help treat the disorder. But hey low tolerance just means you have to smoke less which saves money cause this sh!t gets expensive lol
Lol great minds

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Any specific ones you like to use?
In no particular order (nootropics and adapgotens that have at research showing benefits in healthy humans in regards to mood and/or anxiety):
* denotes something that I've found works well (not that the others don't, I just haven't really had a lot of experience with some and/or haven't tried them without other new variables)

Theanine*
Ornithine
Rhodiola
Aswhagandha*
Bacopa
Kanna
Holy Basil
American Ginseng
Kava*

TheGoodLife35

TheGoodLife35

Awards
No, clonidine is by prescription and it's for anxiety. I have great bp but when my anxiety acts up it shoots up and clonidine relaxes me so it calms both. You can do a google search to find info and places to order online.

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Lol yeah you're telling me!

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Bro, that just means you tried the wrong strain that you needed lol there's sativa and indica, along with hybrids. Each strain has different effects on the body.
I gotcha. I don't live in a medical state so it's just been whatever the buddies have. I don't buy my own.

ForceOfNature

Awards
I recommend working out in the morning and just get a pre workout that enhances mood, I know I'm always more confident and a bit euphoric post workout and it lasts for the rest of the day. If your willing to invest buying bulk ingredients to make your own pre workout, just tell me and I'll provide a list of ingredients and doses

Parad0x

Parad0x

Awards
  • Established
I gotcha. I don't live in a medical state so it's just been whatever the buddies have. I don't buy my own.
There's always markets lol. Indicas are downers and sativas are uppers. A hybrid strain would probably be best if you can find it lol

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
In no particular order (nootropics and adapgotens that have at research showing benefits in healthy humans in regards to mood and/or anxiety):
* denotes something that I've found works well (not that the others don't, I just haven't really had a lot of experience with some and/or haven't tried them without other new variables)

Theanine*
Ornithine
Rhodiola
Aswhagandha*
Bacopa
Kanna
Holy Basil
American Ginseng
Kava*
Thanks for the suggestions! I've looked into aswhagandha and theanine, and have used kava a long time ago. I don't really remember what it did for me

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
I recommend working out in the morning and just get a pre workout that enhances mood, I know I'm always more confident and a bit euphoric post workout and it lasts for the rest of the day. If your willing to invest buying bulk ingredients to make your own pre workout, just tell me and I'll provide a list of ingredients and doses
Hmm that might be an option for the future. I feel the same after working out but most of my classes are in the morning and I barely get up in time for those let alone working out beforehand lol.
I might not be able to make my own preworkout quite yet, I hardly have any money for supplements! I'm sure it's cheaper in the end to buy in bulk and make your own but I usually have a lot of things I have to pay for on a day to day basis that makes it hard to save up the minimal amount of money I make currently.

Volvo140G

Volvo140G

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
picamilon is gaba-esque, very good for anxiety. great, closeout pricing at Nutriverse atm too!

its.becoming demonized by "the man" and will no longer be available so I'd.snap some up if anyone's interested, cheap right now!

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
picamilon is gaba-esque, very good for anxiety. great, closeout pricing at Nutriverse atm too!

its.becoming demonized by "the man" and will no longer be available so I'd.snap some up if anyone's interested, cheap right now!
Yeah I'm picking some up with my next Ostar1ne order for that exact reason. I don't necessarily need the ostarine but 360caps for $30 before shipping? It doesn't hurt to have a surplus of it before it becomes unavailable.

Volvo140G

Volvo140G

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah I'm picking some up with my next Ostar1ne order for that exact reason. I don't necessarily need the ostarine but 360caps for $30 before shipping? It doesn't hurt to have a surplus of it before it becomes unavailable.
no doubt, it'll keep good for years... hard to say no man I hear ya

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've been using Ashwaganda for about 3 weeks now and I highly recommend it.

Volvo140G

Volvo140G

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've been using Ashwaganda for about 3 weeks now and I highly recommend it.
extract? what's your dosing look like? I've got that and rhodiola on the way, looking forward to it.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
extract? what's your dosing look like? I've got that and rhodiola on the way, looking forward to it.
KSM-66. I've started out at 500 mg and have gone up to 750 yet. I may try it in the future but 500 is doing me well so far

Juiceman

Awards
  • Established
L-lysine works great that not many people know about. 2-3grams in the morning and maybe 2gs in the afternoon. You can get 1,000mg pills very cheap and it's worked great.

Give it a try and let me know how it works for you.

Jriddik

Awards
Phenibut is cool, but limit your use to 2x week tops. Also, I've been taking Chaos And Pains Davinci, and it relaxes me and boosts creativity.

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Phenibut is cool, but limit your use to 2x week tops. Also, I've been taking Chaos And Pains Davinci, and it relaxes me and boosts creativity.
You like the davinci? I was looking into that and possibly Aggro to help me focus during the day, which is another big issue i have.

Jriddik

Awards
You like the davinci? I was looking into that and possibly Aggro to help me focus during the day, which is another big issue i have.
Yeah, I got all three (genius, davinci and aggro) aggro is awesome for a wake up and focus. I like genius for my grad school work, and I LOVE davinci for mood/mind enhancement and to just chill. All three are great supps, just different uses

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
Yeah, I got all three (genius, davinci and aggro) aggro is awesome for a wake up and focus. I like genius for my grad school work, and I LOVE davinci for mood/mind enhancement and to just chill. All three are great supps, just different uses
If my paycheck is big enough I might have to follow in your footsteps. I'm a 3rd year undergrad but combining hard classes, looking for an internship, work, gym, girlfriend, and preparing for my personal training certification exam has proven difficult to the point of impossible to remember everything that needs to be done and have the mental stamina to do it all every day.

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
theanine
inositol
amentoflavone
I was going to grab Amentomax on Amazon for $1.99 a bottle today but it looks like I was a day too late, they sold out :(

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
L-lysine works great that not many people know about. 2-3grams in the morning and maybe 2gs in the afternoon. You can get 1,000mg pills very cheap and it's worked great.

Give it a try and let me know how it works for you.
Definitely do not start with 2-3 grams. Most people can get the mood and energy benefits with 500mg in the morning and then again in the afternoon- always on an empty stomach.

niklasericson

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
*Phenibut (outstanding for mood and anxiety,but be carefull) Takes about 2 hours to kick in)
I prefer 1500-2000mg before bed 2 times a week and you are in heaven for 24 hours
*Baclofen (prescription drug) works like Phenibut,but safer and kicks in after 30 minutes and you don´t need to increase the dose if you use it every day.
*11 Keto/11 Oxo (cortisol suppressor 300mg)
*Glycine
*Taurine
*Ashwagandha
*NAC
*SAMe
*Vitamin B complex
*N acetyl tyrosine (Don´t take Tyrosine and 5 HTP at the same time,split morning and night)
*5 HTP
*Bacopa
*L-Theanine
*ALCAR
*L Tryptophan (Be carefull,start with low dose)

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I use Aggro for law school. Have been wanting to try Genius and Davinci. But Aggro is the real deal. Girlfriend used it to write her thesis as well.

BamBam0319

BamBam0319

Awards
I use Aggro for law school. Have been wanting to try Genius and Davinci. But Aggro is the real deal. Girlfriend used it to write her thesis as well.
That's what I like to hear! I just got picamilon and theanine for the whole anxiety and relaxation thing, next purchase will be Aggro, and genius and davinci if I can afford all of that. Maybe there will be a Black Friday deal.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The 20mg Noopept in Genius is nice for sure, but 50mg ALCAR and 50mg bacopa (with no mention of standardization or even being an extract) appear to be very underdosed, which is unfortunate since they're great ingredients.

Synapsin

Synapsin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The 20mg Noopept in Genius is nice for sure, but 50mg ALCAR and 50mg bacopa (with no mention of standardization or even being an extract) appear to be very underdosed, which is unfortunate since they're great ingredients.
The genre for these types of products is generally underdosed and is more interested in cramming a bunch of **** together unfortunately.

Woody

Woody

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have bulk ALCAR but I stopped using it after a few days. I can't remember why

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The genre for these types of products is generally underdosed and is more interested in cramming a bunch of **** together unfortunately.
It's a shame really, and I'd say it's one reason why some people are turned off of nootropics and/or adaptogens. Having a bunch of properly dosed ingredients would be ideal, but I'd still rather have only a few properly dosed ingredients than a plethora of underdosed ingredients. I know that Genius couldn't fit 1-2g ALCAR and 300mg bacopa extract, in addition to other ingredients, into their one capsule serving (or even a few capsules), but that doesn't justify sprinkling them in the formula so people who aren't very educated (I'd say the majority of supplement users) just see these effective ingredients on the label and don't know what a proper dose is supposed to be. If you want to make a nootropic supplement with a serving size of a capsule or two, use ingredients with small serving sizes (things like Noopept, huperzine, CDP-choline/Alpha-GPC, etc). Otherwise, have more pills per serving or go with a powdered supplement. Granted, some of these ingredients are hard to flavor well, but effectiveness should come before taste.

End rant.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I feel that noots/adaptogens/racetams should not be in a blend and taken on their own or a self built stack. There are too many different reactions and experiences that people have with them and cannot properly assess what is working or isn't due to extracts, mg, sourcing, etc. Besides, some of the best experiences are when taken solo.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I feel that noots/adaptogens/racetams should not be in a blend and taken on their own or a self built stack. There are too many different reactions and experiences that people have with them and cannot properly assess what is working or isn't due to extracts, mg, sourcing, etc. Besides, some of the best experiences are when taken solo.
That's a good point. I've heard of people having very different reactions to the same ingredients, but sometimes a blend is just so much more convenient, especially if you know how the ingredients in it treat you.

Jriddik

Awards
I dunno, I really like the combo of genius and davinci or aggro and davinci. It's saving my *ss with grad school combined with a very high demand job

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I dunno, I really like the combo of genius and davinci or aggro and davinci. It's saving my *ss with grad school combined with a very high demand job
I'd say that the profiles of Aggro and DaVinci both look more promising than Genius